PDA

View Full Version : Porter hurt or pulled?

Mile High
09-24-2012, 06:24 PM
I was at the game against the Texans and I am did not see any medical staff attending to Porter after he gave up the second TDpass. Makes u wonder if he was really hurt or just pulled.

underrated29
09-24-2012, 06:27 PM
He is way better than tony carter. Carter sucks! Porter hopefully will be ready to rock next week

Tned
09-24-2012, 06:29 PM
I was at the game against the Texans and I am did not see any medical staff attending to Porter after he gave up the second TDpass. Makes u wonder if he was really hurt or just pulled.

During the game, Lindsay Jones (I believe) tweeted out that the official word was that Porter did not have an injury. Since she said "official" I assumed that came from a Broncos staffer. The reporters were taking the position he was benched.

After the game, they said he had an injury and the reporters said he was limping.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-24-2012, 06:31 PM
During the game, Lindsay Jones (I believe) tweeted out that the official word was that Porter did not have an injury. Since she said "official" I assumed that came from a Broncos staffer. The reporters were taking the position he was benched.

After the game, they said he had an injury and the reporters said he was limping.

Fox said at his presser today that it was a knee bruise that he'd had from earlier that was re-aggravated. Maybe that's why he didn't play as well and was eventually pulled.

BroncoWave
09-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Whether it was injury or bad play he needed to be pulled because he was getting burnt to a crisp out there. Hopefully it was an injury because if not we may need to re-think that contract extension everyone wanted to give him after week 1.

Nomad
09-24-2012, 06:57 PM
A bruised knee will slow him and he needed to be pulled if that's what was bothering him because I always thought of Porter as a ballhawk.

Crispy Porter sounds like a fall beer.:lol:

shank
09-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Whether it was injury or bad play he needed to be pulled because he was getting burnt to a crisp out there. Hopefully it was an injury because if not we may need to re-think that contract extension everyone wanted to give him after week 1.

both of the long TDs were on adams, not porter. mike should have been benched in favor of carter.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-24-2012, 11:15 PM
both of the long TDs were on adams, not porter. mike should have been benched in favor of carter.

It was Moore, not Adams. Moore watched both WRs run by him. He had deep responsibility as the FS. Adams had the TE on both plays. I watched it on the DVR again today.

shank
09-24-2012, 11:21 PM
It was Moore, not Adams. Moore watched both WRs run by him. He had deep responsibility as the FS. Adams had the TE on both plays. I watched it on the DVR again today.
i'll have to watch again then, but i could swear adams had deep center on the first, if not both.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-24-2012, 11:44 PM
i'll have to watch again then, but i could swear adams had deep center on the first, if not both.

On the second one, Moore could literally high five Walter on his way by.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012092311/2012/REG3/texans@broncos#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Moore is on the left (the same side as Walters) and Adams is on the right (you can see it clearly when they show the skycam replay that Moore just stands there, watches Walters run right by him and then runs inside after the TE - about the 23 second point on the replay). Adams sees the throw and turns to run but it's too late. It makes it look like Adams gets burned, but that's because Moore doesn't even try and never enters the picture from the sideline view.

shank
09-25-2012, 12:03 AM
On the second one, Moore could literally high five Walter on his way by.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012092311/2012/REG3/texans@broncos#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Moore is on the left (the same side as Walters) and Adams is on the right (you can see it clearly when they show the skycam replay that Moore just stands there, watches Walters run right by him and then runs inside after the TE - about the 23 second point on the replay). Adams sees the throw and turns to run but it's too late. It makes it look like Adams gets burned, but that's because Moore doesn't even try and never enters the picture from the sideline view.

you're right on that one, it looks like moore had the deep center responsibility. the nfl replay of the 60 yarder doesn't give a good view, but i'm almost positive that adams had deep center and let johnson run by quite similarly.

our safeties are not good.

but i don't see why porter would be pulled for having the safeties not help him over the top. if he got burned twice on an island, then it sucks, but you can't pull a guy for failing at a difficult responsibility. hopefully he is healthy and eager next week.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-25-2012, 12:15 AM
you're right on that one, it looks like moore had the deep center responsibility. the nfl replay of the 60 yarder doesn't give a good view, but i'm almost positive that adams had deep center and let johnson run by quite similarly.

our safeties are not good.

but i don't see why porter would be pulled for having the safeties not help him over the top. if he got burned twice on an island, then it sucks, but you can't pull a guy for failing at a difficult responsibility. hopefully he is healthy and eager next week.

I don't think porter was pulled for that - that was Lindsey Jones speculation. Fox said Porter was injured with a knee bruise at his presser today. he could be covering for pulling Porter to keep the media out of it, but rarely do you see a team bench a guy for a whole game because he gave up 2 big plays. It's not like he took bad penalties. Those deep balls are everyone on the defenses' fault. They don't happen if there's adequate pass rush, or if the CBs play man-to-man correctly, or if the safeties aren't out of position. It takes failures by all three.

Jsteve01
09-25-2012, 07:34 AM
don't have the link but foxy said yesterday that the first play was on Adams and the second on Porter. Not sure what the difference in responsibility was.

Tned
09-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Here's Fox's comment on whether the safeties blew it on the two long touchdowns:

On if there was supposed to be help from safeties on either of the plays

“The first one, yes. Second one, no. The second one was a great throw, just for the record.”

Chef Zambini
09-25-2012, 02:21 PM
bottom line our safeties stink!
wierd no-one saw that coming before the draft, huh?
well at least we are strong up the middle with great linebacker play, right?
JDR needs to attack the pass at the point of origin because we sure as hell have little chance once that ball is in the air!
BTW champ doing a great job hand-cuffed to a non entity for every game, hooray champ, never mind the win/loss record, champ gets another pro-bowl nod! hooray champ !' thats all that matters, right?