PDA

View Full Version : Is this week a must-win?

BroncoWave
09-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Maybe I'm just panicking based off our upcoming schedule and need to be talked off the ledge but I really see this week's game as a make or break one for Denver. If we drop this one, we could easily be stating 1-5 in the face with upcoming trips to New England and San Diego (two teams Manning has always had problems with) on the horizon. While I know last season's team recovered from that kind of start to make the playoffs, that might be a bit hard to repeat.

Maybe I'm just overreacting, but I see this week as an absolute must win. If we can somehow escape our first 6 games at 3-3 I will feel very good about the rest of the season.

hotcarl
09-24-2012, 02:22 PM
yeah. in your BRA

vandammage13
09-24-2012, 02:28 PM
This is definitely a must win...

We can't lose any divisional games, especially to teams as weak as the Raiders.

We really have to capitalize on teams that we overmatch, because there are a lot of good teams left on the schedule...I know there is no "easy win" in the NFL, but we have to win against crap teams like the Raiders if we want a chance at the playoffs.

tomjonesrocks
09-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Without question.

Mike
09-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Yes. It's a home game, divisional rival, against a team who Denver is better than, with SD and NE coming up. Can't afford to lose it, IMO.

Northman
09-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Absolutely.

If we are struggling like we are against the supposed contenders than beating teams that we should is a must.

SR
09-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Maybe I'm just panicking based off our upcoming schedule and need to be talked off the ledge but I really see this week's game as a make or break one for Denver. If we drop this one, we could easily be stating 1-5 in the face with upcoming trips to New England and San Diego (two teams Manning has always had problems with) on the horizon. While I know last season's team recovered from that kind of start to make the playoffs, that might be a bit hard to repeat.

Maybe I'm just overreacting, but I see this week as an absolute must win. If we can somehow escape our first 6 games at 3-3 I will feel very good about the rest of the season.

Abso-*******-lutely

catfish
09-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Abso-*******-lutely

I will go further and say not only must they win, but must do so convincingly. Squeaking out a win against the raiders will be just about as damning as a loss

BroncoWave
09-24-2012, 02:58 PM
I will go further and say not only must they win, but must do so convincingly. Squeaking out a win against the raiders will be just about as damning as a loss

I would just be happy with a win. They are 1-2 with a win over Pitt just like we are, so I don't expect them to just roll over for us. But yeah, if we drop a home division game to a team we should beat, I'm ending any aspirations of this team making the playoffs.

vandammage13
09-24-2012, 02:58 PM

I would normally tend to agree...But at this point, a win is a win. Style points never got anybody anywhere.

catfish
09-24-2012, 03:04 PM
I would normally tend to agree...But at this point, a win is a win. Style points never got anybody anywhere.

I am not aiming for BCS type style points, but a teams quality can be judged by how they beat lesser teams. There is little shame in losing to a superbowl contender by 6 points, but in order to prove this team is headed in the right direction it can't be a shootout with what should in theory be a lesser team. the raiders are 1-2 same as you, but they are not a good team based on many opinions, if Denver actually is a good team they should beat the raiders soundly

vandammage13
09-24-2012, 03:37 PM
I am not aiming for BCS type style points, but a teams quality can be judged by how they beat lesser teams. There is little shame in losing to a superbowl contender by 6 points, but in order to prove this team is headed in the right direction it can't be a shootout with what should in theory be a lesser team. the raiders are 1-2 same as you, but they are not a good team based on many opinions, if Denver actually is a good team they should beat the raiders soundly

I see what you're saying, but at this point, just get a win any way you can...keep yourself afloat in the standings until you can get some of your problems ironed out.

The key is to not dig yourself into a hole before you finally get it all figured out...Hopefully, if we can hover around .500 until the midway point, we can start clicking and get hot going into the playoffs.

How well we perform early doesn't matter right now as much as just winning...You just want to be playing well come playoff time, and there is still time for that as long as we don't continue to lose.

If it were week 15 or 16, yeah, I would hope that we would be winning in convincing fashion against lesser opponents...In Week 4 that's not as important IMO.

BigDaddyBronco
09-24-2012, 03:53 PM
I really think that if you are going to win the Division you have to win 5 or at least 4 of your Division games and all at home. I thought they were going to go 2-2 for the first 4 games, then 2-2 for the next 4, and then finish out the year with 3-1, and 3-1. That makes us 10-6 and wins us the division.