PDA

View Full Version : Mannings Mechanics

Superchop 7
09-24-2012, 12:58 PM
OK....so Jaws has stated that Peytons mechanics are a little off. Granted, being under alot of pressure doesn't help with the footwork.....but lets talk about the specific flaw.

Wobble happens when your wrist is ahead of the throwing motion.....

IMO.....just set to zero and let it come out naturally....

At the end of the day.....I see a guy trying too hard.....just throw the dart.

He will be OK.....

weazel
09-24-2012, 01:00 PM
I took my car to them and they couldn't do a damn thing with it

weazel
09-24-2012, 01:00 PM
OK....so Jaws has stated that Peytons mechanics are a little off. Granted, being under alot of pressure doesn't help with the footwork.....but lets talk about the specific flaw.

He will be OK.....

I agree

Superchop 7
09-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Heres the comment (PFT)

“It’s still a work in progress,” said Jaws. “And we have to remember Peyton is still going through therapy to get his arm strength to 100 percent. The only thing that really bothers me about Peyton right now, is the ball is not spinning out of his hand ala an Aaron Rodgers, a Matthew Stafford, the guys who really spin it

SR
09-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Good talk.

vandammage13
09-24-2012, 01:23 PM

He will be OK.....

Is it possible he had to slightly alter his motion due to lack of strength in the triceps?...could explain a lot.

topscribe
09-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Heres the comment (PFT)

“It’s still a work in progress,” said Jaws. “And we have to remember Peyton is still going through therapy to get his arm strength to 100 percent. The only thing that really bothers me about Peyton right now, is the ball is not spinning out of his hand ala an Aaron Rodgers, a Matthew Stafford, the guys who really spin it
And it never has. That's the point. Even his pre-draft scouting report way back
when said Peyton had a tendency for wobbly passes at times. I don't know why
it is still and issue when he was heaving wobblers the year he threw for 49 TDs . . .

rationalfan
09-24-2012, 01:33 PM
Is it possible he had to slightly alter his motion due to lack of strength in the triceps?...could explain a lot.

could be. i really don't know. but i do remember hearing on some broadcast (can't remember which one) that someone thought manning was throwing harder than he normally would (due to lack of strength), which is causing the wobble and affecting his accuracy. again, makes sense, but i'm not sure that's the right story.

vandammage13
09-24-2012, 01:37 PM
could be. i really don't know. but i do remember hearing on some broadcast (can't remember which one) that someone thought manning was throwing harder than he normally would (due to lack of strength), which is causing the wobble and affecting his accuracy. again, makes sense, but i'm not sure that's the right story.

I don't know what to believe...I know Top is right in that Manning has always thrown wobblers.

Wobbly passes don't concern me...Never cared much about tight spirals (even Marino often threw wobblers)

All that matters is that the ball gets there...And last night the ball didn't get there 26 times.

smith49
09-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Heres the comment (PFT)

And it never has. That's the point. Even his pre-draft scouting report way back
when said Peyton had a tendency for wobbly passes at times. I don't know why
it is still and issue when he was heaving wobblers the year he threw for 49 TDs . . .

Ok. So maybe some of you never paid much attention to Peyton before he was a bronco and that's fine. But I have to back top on this 100%. Peyton has always, and I mean ALWAYS,
thrown some wobblers. They are accurate wobblers, but wobblers they are none the less. These stories and theories and analysis are just news fodder.

smith49
09-24-2012, 01:54 PM

I don't know what to believe...I know Top is right in that Manning has always thrown wobblers.

Wobbly passes don't concern me...Never cared much about tight spirals (even Marino often threw wobblers)

All that matters is that the ball gets there...And last night the ball didn't get there 26 times.

It got there several times and was dropped. Decker dropped several, DT dropped a couple, and caught one that shoulda been a TD if he just taps the toe. I think Peyton would have been around 60% if balls that shoulda been caught were caught.

vandammage13
09-24-2012, 02:07 PM
It got there several times and was dropped. Decker dropped several, DT dropped a couple, and caught one that shoulda been a TD if he just taps the toe. I think Peyton would have been around 60% if balls that shoulda been caught were caught.

For every dropped ball there was a great catch that very well could have been incomplete.

slim
09-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Ok. So maybe some of you never paid much attention to Peyton before he was a bronco and that's fine. But I have to back top on this 100%. Peyton has always, and I mean ALWAYS,
thrown some wobblers. They are accurate wobblers, but wobblers they are none the less. These stories and theories and analysis are just news fodder.

Bronco fans want tight spirals from their QBs....that is all they care about.

smith49
09-24-2012, 02:28 PM

For every dropped ball there was a great catch that very well could have been incomplete.

Ok.

smith49
09-24-2012, 02:30 PM

Bronco fans want tight spirals from their QBs....that is all they care about.

Sheesh, no kiddin, right!!

slim
09-24-2012, 02:33 PM

Tight spirals are the key to winning in the NFL.

smith49
09-24-2012, 02:43 PM

Tight spirals are the key to winning in the NFL.

Holy crap!! I was seriously just saying that same thing to the guys I work with. Nice spirals doooo equal wins.

weazel
09-24-2012, 03:10 PM
yep, a quarterback is nothing without nice balls

smith49
09-24-2012, 08:56 PM
yep, a quarterback is nothing without nice balls

Lol^^^

topscribe
09-24-2012, 09:57 PM
There always are. There are with Brady, Brees, Rodgers. There were with Elway,
Marino, Montana, Unitas. But there aren't always a plethora of dropped passes in
a game. You never saw Harrison, Wayne, and Clark drop them in bunches like
that. Smith49 is right, and I read the same thing in another analysis today: If
the balls that should have been caught were caught, Mannings' comp would
have been around 62%.

Simple Jaded
09-24-2012, 10:14 PM
There always are. There are with Brady, Brees, Rodgers. There were with Elway,
Marino, Montana, Unitas. But there aren't always a plethora of dropped passes in
a game. You never saw Harrison, Wayne, and Clark drop them in bunches like
that. Smith49 is right, and I read the same thing in another analysis today: If
the balls that should have been caught were caught, Mannings' comp would
have been around 62%.

Completion percentage has nothing to do with winning anyway, Tops, some computer geek developed an algorithm to prove it.......