PDA

View Full Version : Dawkins Has Career-Ending Injury???

getlynched47
08-07-2009, 03:25 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Trenches/entry/view/29421/Could_Dawkins_Have_Career-Ending_Injury?/29421

Denver Broncos safety Brian Dawkins had surgery to repair his broken right hand, and now there's word indicating the injury could more serious than originally thought.
Jeff McLane, the Eagles beat writer for the Philadelphia Enquirer, posted a tweet this morning: "Reports out of Denver: Dawkins injury could be career-ending."
Sources told the Denver Post that Dawkins, who suffered the injury during Tuesday's practice, had surgery and is expected to return in two weeks.
Dawkins is in his first season in Denver after 13 years and seven Pro Bowls with the Eagles. The Broncos declined to reveal the extent of Dawkins' injury to the Associated Press.
Dawkins, 35, signed a two-year, $9 million deal with the Broncos this offseason.

Is this the football gods getting back at McDaniels for spygate or McJayGate? This is friggin ridiculous shit!!!

NameUsedBefore
08-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Oivey.

Mike
08-07-2009, 03:38 PM
Did they have to cut it off? :confused:

T.K.O.
08-07-2009, 03:39 PM
im not listening.....lalalalalalalalalalalalala.........: lalala:

Lonestar
08-07-2009, 03:39 PM
how can broken hand end a career unless he severed the nerves..

sounds like chicken little it reporting.. another lousy reporter trying to get a scoop.. and so MB does not go ballistic I am not saying all reporters sensationalize just some trying to scoop everyone else..

probably time to allow this to develop before the sky falls..

T.K.O.
08-07-2009, 03:40 PM
:lalala:

getlynched47
08-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Did they have to cut it off? :confused:

:lol: :laugh: I laughed when I read that. I dunno if they did. :eek:

how can broken hand end a career unless he severed the nerves..

sounds like chicken little it reporting.. another lousy reporter trying to get a scoop.. and so MB does not go ballistic I am not saying all reporters sensationalize just some trying to scoop everyone else..

probably time to allow this to develop before the sky falls..

Of course, your infamous punch line "the sky is falling"

Lonestar
08-07-2009, 03:50 PM
:lol: :laugh: I laughed when I read that. I dunno if they did. :eek:

Of course, your infamous punch line "the sky is falling"

perhaps you did not get it .. in this case NO ONE KNOWs if the sky is falling or not..

All reputable reports out of DEN indicate 2 weeks..

Ravage!!!
08-07-2009, 03:50 PM
of course a broken hand can be career ending. If the hand, because of age or because of the injury (a combination of both) doesn't allow him to get on the field THIS year, or misses a lot of game DUE to that injured and re-injured hand..... at this age of the game, thats a career-threatening injury.

I'm not saying it is. But its HARD to tackle, make plays on a ball, intercept, or even get physical in a game of football when you are at the end of your career and parts of your body are HURTING because of surgeries and re-injuries to parts that have recently had surgeries.

Northman
08-07-2009, 04:34 PM
perhaps you did not get it .. in this case NO ONE KNOWs if the sky is falling or not..

All reputable reports out of DEN indicate 2 weeks..

Yea, im wondering how the guy in Philly would know more than the people in Denver. Ill hold out for a more credible source.

NightTrainLayne
08-07-2009, 04:42 PM
That headline doesn't match up with the actual report.

Sounds like someone just trying to stir it up a little bit.

Dortoh
08-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Are you kidding me ******* Dawkins will just wrap some duct tape over that sumbish and be breaking heads in no time.

Reidman
08-07-2009, 05:11 PM
That headline doesn't match up with the actual report.

Sounds like someone just trying to stir it up a little bit.

Yeah, that hasn't happened yet this off-season....:lol:

Nature Boy
08-07-2009, 05:26 PM
It's McDaniels' fault.

Timmy!
08-08-2009, 01:07 AM
Riiiight.

They can cut off Dawkins entire arm for all I care, he would still be an upgrade over what we had at safety last year.

honz
08-08-2009, 01:09 AM
How does a broken hand become a career ending injury. Dawkins ain't no wuss.

Watchthemiddle
08-08-2009, 03:02 AM
Everyone Chill-lax. He is out 10 days and then will be back on the field

Dirk
08-08-2009, 05:01 AM
First...Welcome back GLynch!

2nd...BDawk will be back. If not for a little preseason action, for sure the first game.

claymore
08-08-2009, 07:27 AM
I could care less. He is a 2 year stop gap anyway. I would rather him retire and let a rookie (for better or worse) step up and take his place.

pnbronco
08-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Dawkins brings leadership to the field. You could just feel the difference on the days he was out there. If he missed scooping up a ball that was fumbled he did 10 push up right there. He brings what Al Wilson use to, I think the rookies will learn a lot from him.

BroncoWave
08-08-2009, 11:09 AM
I could care less. He is a 2 year stop gap anyway. I would rather him retire and let a rookie (for better or worse) step up and take his place.

You can't really believe that? The experience and leadership he will bring to the field will be much more valuable to this team than letting a rookie play and get experience.

spikerman
08-08-2009, 11:29 AM

He's definitely not the long term answer, but it would be nice to have him around for a year or two to mentor the young guys.

Hobe
08-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Ever heard of a Philadelphia Lawyer? Well they got Reporters in Philly, too!