PDA

View Full Version : Can we get a .gif of Eric Decker sliding ?

sneakers
09-24-2012, 01:43 AM
You know the play where he caught the ball in the open field, and instead of running over the DB he slid and the crowd booed him?

So nerds, work your magic

CrazyHorse
09-24-2012, 07:45 AM
Need the video clip first.

Dzone
09-24-2012, 07:53 AM
I didnt hear the boos, but I am glad they did. Decker is a wuss. Pretty boy needs to go just like all the rest of Mcdaniels players. They all suck.

Mike
09-24-2012, 07:54 AM
He doesn't deserve to wear #87 after that garbage. Still think he is a solid enough receiver for the most part, but that crap was bad.

Northman
09-24-2012, 07:56 AM
He doesn't deserve to wear #87 after that garbage. Still think he is a solid enough receiver for the most part, but that crap was bad.

Agree totally.

Dzone
09-24-2012, 07:59 AM
No video of the slide yet, but heres a play from last week that shows how Decker cant handle being hit-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IInrQdpYVs

Decker needs to go back to playing baseball, where he can put his slide to good use.

Mike
09-24-2012, 08:07 AM
No video of the slide yet, but heres a play from last week that shows how Decker cant handle being hit-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IInrQdpYVs

Decker needs to go back to playing baseball, where he can put his slide to good use.

He leads our team in catches and receiving yards. Puss he may be, but he is helping the team out.

CoachChaz
09-24-2012, 08:27 AM
He leads our team in catches and receiving yards. Puss he may be, but he is helping the team out.

I could bring in Plaxico Burress and probably a few other FA receivers to put up the exact same numbers Decker is and we wont get the pansy-ass crap that comes with it

CoachChaz
09-24-2012, 08:41 AM
I was really hoping that Rod Smith would get in his face after that crap.

hotcarl
09-24-2012, 08:45 AM

Dzone
09-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Decker getting ripped right now on 1043fm for sliding. Also DT for not dragging his foot and for dropping passes. Our receivers are mediocre at best. Stokely is our best WR. Whoda thought

tomjonesrocks
09-24-2012, 08:57 AM
That was so surreal I had no idea what I was watching / what he was doing. That was really strange shit.

hotcarl
09-24-2012, 09:00 AM
how do you embed gifs in the new forums software?
[[QUOTE][img][/img[]/QUOTE]] doesnt work anymore? wtf tia

tomjonesrocks
09-24-2012, 09:33 AM
Decker getting ripped right now on 1043fm for sliding. Also DT for not dragging his foot and for dropping passes. Our receivers are mediocre at best. Stokely is our best WR. Whoda thought

It's still so clear how much more comfortable with Tamme and Stokely Manning is than the other receivers. Even on the sidelines that's who he's talking to. Hope neither of those guys miss time--both were banged up yesterday.

weazel
09-24-2012, 09:57 AM

unfortunately, Stokely will slow as the season goes along. He's old and thats what he does

CoachChaz
09-24-2012, 10:03 AM
That was so surreal I had no idea what I was watching / what he was doing. That was really strange shit.

My wife got pissed at me after that play. "What are you doing, you ******* ***** is apparently inappropriate for the living room when the 3 year old is around

tomjonesrocks
09-24-2012, 10:16 AM
My wife got pissed at me after that play. "What are you doing, you ******* pu$$y is apparently inappropriate for the living room when the 3 year old is around

Been there done that on all fronts. I had my daughter when she was about that age saying "What the ****!" for a few days thanks to some yelling at the Broncos...

I do a better job of avoiding that now.

Davii
09-24-2012, 10:28 AM
My wife got pissed at me after that play. "What are you doing, you ******* pu$$y is apparently inappropriate for the living room when the 3 year old is around

I'm pretty sure if I had children they would've been permanently scarred by the vitriol I spewed forth after Deck's slide. And again when he decided to try and return that punt....

Mike
09-24-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm pretty sure if I had children they would've been permanently scarred by the vitriol I spewed forth after Deck's slide. And again when he decided to try and return that punt....

Me too...fortunately mine was watching a show and I was running, so my treadmill noise covered up most of what I thought of those plays. Same with calling the back-to-back running plays on the goal line.

vintagebronco
09-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Should Decker's new nickname be "Slide". Could it be that after he dropped 20 pounds after stopping lifting weights last year in an attempt to be more nimble, that he is starting to think he's some kind of ballerina rather than an imposing 6'3" wide receiver - one who slides at the sight of a big bad 5'8" defensive back? Maybe the d-back - knowing Decker's history as a Major League baseball prospect, very cleverly imitated a third base coach and yelled "slide" and Decker like a scared little Pavlovian puppy dog instinctively obliged? Maybe that's why he's also dropping passes- having found out that those mean defensive backs have no respect for his new found ballerina like nimbleness? Has he been hanging out too much with Manning and idolizing him to the point that he's forgotten that only quarterbacks are supposed to slide?

tomjonesrocks
09-24-2012, 10:39 AM
Is it me or was Decker also giving a New York Cabbie-style eff-you (elbow-fist move thing) after a catch when the Broncos were down 31-11?

I know I saw something.

CoachChaz
09-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Deckers nickname should quite simply be Bitch. That sums it all up

Dapper Dan
09-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Pretty hard words. I guess Decker is this weeks scapegoat. Last week was Moreno.

I could be wrong, but I thought he slid to ensure another play before the end of the quarter. He could waste time off the clock for possibly one yard. But he slides, jumps up, and they quickly run the next play.

MileHighCrew
09-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Pretty hard words. I guess Decker is this weeks scapegoat. Last week was Moreno.

I could be wrong, but I thought he slid to ensure another play before the end of the quarter. He could waste time off the clock for possibly one yard. But he slides, jumps up, and they quickly run the next play.

You can't let Moreno off that easy. Even the coaches didn't dress him last week because of Atl game.

rationalfan
09-24-2012, 02:05 PM

good point. and with moreno inactive the hate goes to another mcd-drafted player who made an obvious mistake. progress?

BroncoWave
09-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Speaking of Decker, do we still have anyone willing to blame Tebow for his drop problems? Still seems to me like he's dropping a pass or two a game. I really think that "3 drops in college" stats is a huge load of crap. I have a feeling the Minnesota SID might have been a bit generous with him.

slim
09-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Speaking of Decker, do we still have anyone willing to blame Tebow for his drop problems? Still seems to me like he's dropping a pass or two a game. I really think that "3 drops in college" stats is a huge load of crap. I have a feeling the Minnesota SID might have been a bit generous with him.

Whoa...how can you blame a WR for a dropped pass? That just doesn't make any sense. Dropped passes are always the QB's fault.

DenBronx
09-24-2012, 03:39 PM

Yes! Spot on here Mike. He just shamed Eddie Mac, one of my favorite all time Broncos. Eddie had balls of steel and Decker just looked like a total wuss by sliding.

What in the heck are helmets and pads for then???

I think I need to take down the sig of him now in my profile....

vandammage13
09-24-2012, 03:42 PM

No, no, no...last week was the refs.

vandammage13
09-24-2012, 03:43 PM

Nah man...He really was a sure-handed stud in college.

I watched a lot of Gopher games and I never saw him drop a pass...That's why it is so puzzling to me that he is dropping so many passes in the NFL. I mean, this guy was as sure handed as they come.

Really confusing to me, but it is what it is..

sneakers
09-24-2012, 04:06 PM
I am hoping for a video clip by the end of the week, or i will get the game via torrent and do it

sneakers
09-24-2012, 04:11 PM
lol downloading game now

sneakers
09-24-2012, 04:14 PM
grrrrr 14 minutes left of download

sneakers
09-24-2012, 04:15 PM
anyone remember what time it occured at? I remember something like 10 or 12 minutes left in the 4th quarter....? is this right?

slim
09-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Have you guys heard Eric's commercial on the radio where he is pimping jewelry or something?

weazel
09-24-2012, 04:39 PM
anyone remember what time it occured at? I remember something like 10 or 12 minutes left in the 4th quarter....? is this right?

like 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter

pikkiwoki
09-24-2012, 05:33 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mImUQ0XfKLQ/UGDfUdf04mI/AAAAAAAAAP4/kOViha-VJaw/s1600/decker+slide.gif

slim
09-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Good Lord....

WTF is that?

BroncoJoe
09-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Extremely puzzling. Did he think it was the end of the half of something?

slim
09-24-2012, 05:45 PM

It was in the third quarter....completely baffling.

At least he didn't drop it, so I guess this is progress.

weazel
09-24-2012, 05:48 PM
he could have cut to the left and went around all the defenders, the one guy that would have been in the way was being blocked by Stokely

Davii
09-24-2012, 05:49 PM
I think he saw that safety coming and said, "whoah big boy, give yourself up.". Maybe he could say he was worried about dropping the ball with the safety bent on revenge for Schaub's earlobe made contact. It was a girly move, but at least he didn't drop the ball....

slim
09-24-2012, 05:51 PM
he could have cut to the left and went around all the defenders, the one guy that would have been in the way was being blocked by Stokely

If he cuts it outside, he can pick up at least 10 more yards....maybe more.

I don't think I have ever seen a player give up like that. The more I see it, the more it pisses me off.

GEM
09-24-2012, 05:52 PM
I love my boy, but he made some boneheaded moves yesterday.

weazel
09-24-2012, 05:54 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mImUQ0XfKLQ/UGDfUdf04mI/AAAAAAAAAP4/kOViha-VJaw/s1600/decker+slide.gif

its just too horrible to watch... here watch this instead.

http://i.imgur.com/0zl29.gif

Dapper Dan
09-24-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm really puzzled why this slide caught everyone's attention, yet no one seemed to mention his horrible punt return. In my opinion, a person not usually fielding punts anymore shouldn't be back there. Decker caught the punt on the goal line and ran to the 14 rather than letting it go, losing no time, and starting on the 20. But I guess a little slide where he could've picked up one or two more yards is much more entertaining.

slim
09-24-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm really puzzled why this slide caught everyone's attention, yet no one seemed to mention his horrible punt return. In my opinion, a person not usually fielding punts anymore shouldn't be back there. Decker caught the punt on the goal line and ran to the 14 rather than letting it go, losing no time, and starting on the 20. But I guess a little slide where he could've picked up one or two more yards is much more entertaining.

Because he gave up. It was a chicken shit play. That is why it caught attention.

But I agree, his punt return was a bad play.

Davii
09-24-2012, 06:02 PM
His stupendously stupid decision on the punt return has been mentioned. It was also mentioned rather loudly and with plenty vulgarities yesterday in my living room.

Dapper Dan
09-24-2012, 06:02 PM
If he goes right, he's tackled. If he goes straight, he's tackled. If he goes left, he's tackled. Maybe he gains a couple yards at best. He loses seconds during the tackle, and the defender probably holds him on the ground for a few extra seconds. I don't get why this is a big deal exactly.

slim
09-24-2012, 06:05 PM
If he goes right, he's tackled. If he goes straight, he's tackled. If he goes left, he's tackled. Maybe he gains a couple yards at best. He loses seconds during the tackle, and the defender probably holds him on the ground for a few extra seconds. I don't get why this is a big deal exactly.

Are you kidding?

If you are going to use that logic, then I guess he may as well just fall down every time he catches a pass. I mean the chances of him taking it all the way are pretty small and he is likely to get tackled, so why even try?

Also, it was the 3rd quarter. Who cares about a few seconds running off the clock?

Dapper Dan
09-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Are you kidding?

If you are going to use that logic, then I guess he may as well just fall down every time he catches a pass. I mean the chances of him taking it all the way are pretty small and he is likely to get tackled, so why even try?

Also, it was the 3rd quarter. Who cares about a few seconds running off the clock?

Until our team stops giving up such a big lead in the first half, the third quarter will always be important.

elsid13
09-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Maybe he still thought he still was in college and sliding down would result in the end of the play and time stoppage as they move the chains.

slim
09-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Until our team stops giving up such a big lead in the first half, the third quarter will always be important.

Well yeah, the third quarter is important. But giving up on a play to save a few seconds makes no sense and doesn't really help the team.

tomjonesrocks
09-24-2012, 06:10 PM

Even worse than I remember. There were still yards on the field there. God that's bizarre.

MOtorboat
09-24-2012, 06:11 PM
Well yeah, the third quarter is important. But giving up on a play to save a few seconds makes no sense and doesn't really help the team.

The third quarter is "garbage time" so who gives a shit?

slim
09-24-2012, 06:12 PM
The third quarter is "garbage time" so who gives a shit?

Says who?

MOtorboat
09-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Says who?

jhildebrand.

What he says is gospel.

catfish
09-24-2012, 06:14 PM
I would say something about him playing like a girl, but I am pretty sure GEM lowers the shoulder and gets an extra 5 yards there so I am stumped

I Eat Staples
09-24-2012, 06:17 PM

He could have had a brain lapse and thought it was 45 seconds left in the 2nd or 4th quarter rather than the 3rd.

ShaneFalco
09-24-2012, 06:18 PM

lol seriously i still cant believe he returned that punt

slim
09-24-2012, 06:19 PM
He could have had a brain lapse and thought it was 45 seconds left in the 2nd or 4th quarter rather than the 3rd.

Could be true. If you have heard his commercials you know that he isn't very bright.

MOtorboat
09-24-2012, 06:20 PM
The drops and fielding the punt on the one are much bigger lapses in judgement and much more crucial than sliding.

And, yes, I thought having a much better quarterback at the helm than Decker has ever had would solve some of the drop problems. I was wrong about that.

catfish
09-24-2012, 06:23 PM
The drops and fielding the punt on the one are much bigger lapses in judgement and much more crucial than sliding.

And, yes, I thought having a much better quarterback at the helm than Decker has ever had would solve some of the drop problems. I was wrong about that.

props for re-evaluating the drops issue

Nomad
09-24-2012, 06:29 PM

So it's not the rotation of the ball! :lol: Myth busted:D

MOtorboat
09-24-2012, 06:31 PM
So it's not the rotation of the ball! :lol: Myth busted:D

It might be. There hasn't been great rotation on Manning's passes. Of course, that's not a new thing, as some would have you believe, but it may be something that affects Decker.

slim
09-24-2012, 06:33 PM
It might be. There hasn't been great rotation on Manning's passes. Of course, that's not a new thing, as some would have you believe, but it may be something that affects Decker.

Stop it.

He drops passes because he drops passes. It has nothing to do with the QB.

MOtorboat
Stop it.

He drops passes because he drops passes. It has nothing to do with the QB.

Fair enough.

Nomad

Just giving you shit man. Laugh a little.

MOtorboat
09-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Just giving you shit man. Laugh a little.

Oh, I'm always laughing. People take me too seriously.

catfish
09-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Oh, I'm always laughing. People take me too seriously.

I never take you seriously

BroncoJoe
09-24-2012, 06:59 PM
I do.

Fuk off, MO.

Simple Jaded
09-24-2012, 07:53 PM

From what I remember it was the other way around, people blaming Decker/Thomas for the fact that Tebow was a horrible passer.......

Simple Jaded
09-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Have you guys heard Eric's commercial on the radio where he is pimping jewelry or something?
"You don't need a jeweler until you need a jeweler, am I right?".......

Mike
09-24-2012, 08:15 PM

But doing any of the above makes him a football player like the man whose number he isn't good enough to wear instead of just being a puss. Get it?

Jsteve01
09-24-2012, 08:19 PM
on that note, Marvin Harrison was a *****

nevcraw
09-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Not a banner day for either DT or Decker. They have been prone to drop quite a few but I remember last year decker taking some hard hits and holding on the ball.. he will be fine and so will DT. a couple more games with Manning and they will get in sync. I expect much better days ahead.

ShaneFalco
09-24-2012, 09:11 PM
Eric decker told me to switch to Credit Union Debit. Do they have penalities for dropped or sliding fees?

Simple Jaded
09-24-2012, 09:16 PM
on that note, Marvin Harrison was a *****
Huge bitch, far bigger ***** than Decker. He made no excuses for finding the nearest patch of grass to fall on.......

Jsteve01
09-24-2012, 09:23 PM
I'll be honest, you don't typically find punt returners that are pussies. Maybe I'm wrong but this whole thing seems blown out of proportion to me.

shank
09-24-2012, 10:25 PM

mods, please move to the lounge immediately, db's vagina is on display in this thread.

catfish
09-25-2012, 06:56 AM
From what I remember it was the other way around, people blaming Decker/Thomas for the fact that Tebow was a horrible passer.......

I beleive it was said that high drop % was affecting the completion% for Tebow, it was then argued that the drops were happening because of Tebow so it was his own fault. Both of you are right

pikkiwoki
09-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Remember last season against the Steelers when Decker's knee got mangled?

Maybe he still has that in the back of his mind.