PDA

View Full Version : Is Knowshon Moreno worth a 2nd RD pick??

Reidman
08-07-2009, 12:01 PM
My money league drafts in 2 weeks and I've been wondering this question. Most drafts have him in rd 4 or 5. What do you guys think? I usually pick 2 top RB's before all else. I think he could have a great rookie season but it would be a gamble taking him that early. We might rely heavily on the run this year...

MOtorboat
08-07-2009, 12:05 PM
My money league drafts in 2 weeks and I've been wondering this question. Most drafts have him in rd 4 or 5. What do you guys think? I usually pick 2 top RB's before all else. I think he could have a great rookie season but it would be a gamble taking him that early. We might rely heavily on the run this year...

Keeper League, or no?

Reidman
08-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Keeper League, or no?

No it's not a keeper...

MOtorboat
08-07-2009, 12:23 PM
No it's not a keeper...

Then, no. He's not worth it.

Tned
08-07-2009, 12:51 PM

I agree with MO. If it's non-keeper, it hurts his value both in terms of not being able to hold on to him for next year, but also in that all the other RB's who are proven are available, some of who will go in the 2nd round.

Another factor is how McD will use him. In terms of fantasy, NE has been almost as bad as Denver in terms of week to week not knowing which back was going to score points for you. Now, if Moreno turns into a stud, then maybe he becomes a work horse who scores a lot of points, but don't be surprised to see McD use multiple backs in different roles with none of them racking up a lot of fantasy points week in and week out.

BroncoBJ
08-07-2009, 01:44 PM
1st he needs to be signed. Then you can worry about drafting him. :lol:

MOtorboat
08-07-2009, 02:40 PM
For example, I've participated in 2 drafts already...Moreno was taken with pick 64 in round 7 in one...and pick 55, Round 6. ESPN's average draft position for him is 64th.

I would not be taking him in Round 2. I would think about a flier on him in Round 5, but the longer he holds out, the more apt I am to not draft him at all.

Plus, I personally tend to stay away from Bronco players. Because I overvalue them as a fan of that team.

Devilspawn
08-07-2009, 02:53 PM
For example, I've participated in 2 drafts already...Moreno was taken with pick 64 in round 7 in one...and pick 55, Round 6. ESPN's average draft position for him is 64th.

I would not be taking him in Round 2. I would think about a flier on him in Round 5, but the longer he holds out, the more apt I am to not draft him at all.

Plus, I personally tend to stay away from Bronco players. Because I overvalue them as a fan of that team.
That's the best thing about having a team with a sh---y offense. I have no dilemmas whatsoever.

MOtorboat
08-07-2009, 03:13 PM
That's the best thing about having a team with a sh---y offense. I have no dilemmas whatsoever.

I broke down and selected Royal in a draft last Sunday. But he was top player on the ESPN board for almost an entire round...I couldn't believe people weren't going to take him...so I finally had to take him. The guy two picks before me got pissy when I pointed out that he drafted two defenses in the first 10 rounds...apparently, long-time players of fantasy football KNOW that you always try to get the best two defenses...:rolleyes:

Reidman
08-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Good points. I guess I'm wishing we would have an exclusive back but maybe those days are gone...too much uncertainty like Tned eluded to.

underrated29
08-07-2009, 07:02 PM
No way man.

He is a stud and will be a big pimp. But i have been to 3 camps now and everytime we get goaline. Bucky comes out and jordan and hillis go in. When we get to goaline we go jumbo.

Hillis as you know can run and catch and is stronger than Knowshon i am sure. So Know will get his share of tds, but jordan and hillis will chew into that. He is worth drafting but i would not go before rd on him. He should be there in rd 4 for sure. Take a WR at #2 then follow up rd 4 or 5 with Knowshon.

dogfish
08-21-2009, 11:41 PM
i'm a little late here, but no way. . . .

Jaws
08-22-2009, 02:07 AM
He isn't, but Lamont Jordan is ;)

Reidman
08-22-2009, 10:53 AM
In retrospect I don't know what I was thinking but I guess I got overzealous about Moreno.

I did however recently draft Lesean McCoy in round 12 of my money league which I thought was pure value...:elefant: