PDA

View Full Version : the wonderful mike mccoy.

underrated29
09-23-2012, 05:27 PM
So.
what are the excuses for him now?

When we go no huddle we score lots of points. When we huddle up we di the traditional mike mccoy special. Run on first down. Run on second down. Get sacked because they blitz and we never call a screen on third down.

Tell me. How is he good again?

Buff
09-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Peyton is the offensive coordinator. McCoy has had to adapt to 3 different QBs and is well regarded around the league. He is way down our list of problems, if he is a problem at all.

underrated29
09-23-2012, 05:38 PM
You are right. When Peyton goes no huddle he is our o coordinator. And he is not a problem but really good. However, when we do huddle up you bet your ass it is McCoy calling the plays and we suck. It's no coincidence.

silkamilkamonico
09-23-2012, 05:47 PM
McCoy sucks, but not much you can do with one of the worst olibes in the nfl. How fix and elway continue to not taje it seriously is beyond baffling.

scott.475
09-23-2012, 06:02 PM
I love the decision to continually try running plays when we are 20 points down. Wonderful play calling, that. How McCoy is respected around the league is beyond me. He has NEVER impressed me.

Army Bronco
09-23-2012, 07:00 PM
I love the decision to continually try running plays when we are 20 points down. Wonderful play calling, that. How McCoy is respected around the league is beyond me. He has NEVER impressed me. He was better at QB in Utah..lol

underrated29
09-23-2012, 07:05 PM
More proof for my pudding. All mccoys plays sucked. They were the wrong plays at the wrong time. The only time we have been successful is when manning goes no huddle or last year when tebow ran around and pulled plays out of his ass.

It is so obvious. Honestly how can anyone disagree. It's not logical at all.

chaoticmayhem
09-23-2012, 07:17 PM
McCoy has always sucked. ALWAYS. I still don't know why he was kept around when McDoosh got fired.

BroncoWave
09-23-2012, 08:16 PM
How fix and elway continue to not taje it seriously is beyond baffling.

Um, wut? They've drafted o-line in the last two drafts. And there's not much they can do about Kuper being hurt. I agree our line blows, but it's not like they've completely ignored it. You can't fill all of your holes in one season as many as we had before Elway came.

Army Bronco
09-24-2012, 09:31 AM
How fix and elway continue to not taje it seriously is beyond baffling.

Um, wut? They've drafted o-line in the last two drafts. And there's not much they can do about Kuper being hurt. I agree our line blows, but it's not like they've completely ignored it. You can't fill all of your holes in one season as many as we had before Elway came. I think most of the pressure came from the right and middle right. Hopefully Kuper gets back soon but at 100%. Maybe we will toughen up.

slim
09-24-2012, 03:07 PM
So.
what are the excuses for him now?

When we go no huddle we score lots of points. When we huddle up we di the traditional mike mccoy special. Run on first down. Run on second down. Get sacked because they blitz and we never call a screen on third down.

Tell me. How is he good again?

McCoy and his legion of fans have 100 ready-made excuses. I hope you are prepared for all of them.

BroncoNut
09-24-2012, 03:10 PM
omg, are you kidding me? let it rest for pete's sake

GEM
Eff Mike McCoy. He needs to shut up and let Manning be the OC...he runs circles around him anyways. Play calling yesterday was such a freaking joke.

slim
omg, are you kidding me? let it rest for pete's sake

Hi Nut....that was quite a game yesterday. Did you watch it?

BroncoNut
09-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Hi Nut....that was quite a game yesterday. Did you watch it?

missed most of it and just couldn't get into it by the time I got home. it was 20 to 11 at that point and I had just bought a new bike and was working on it. it's a carbon frame, awesome. I listened to the rest of the game though, but I need to watch every snap to get into it and there was just so much talk about the texans winning it so it wasn't a surprise. hell, we're broncos fans and are used to this.

Mike
09-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Eff Mike McCoy. He needs to shut up and let Manning be the OC...he runs circles around him anyways. Play calling yesterday was such a freaking joke.

Come now, you must admire his genius in devising such a wonderful game-plan and then his dedication in sticking with it for three unsuccessful quarters.

slim
09-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Come now, you must admire his genius in devising such a wonderful game-plan and then his dedication in sticking with it for three unsuccessful quarters.

If at first you don't suceed, try and try again. Then in the 4th quarter, open it up.

It worked last year, no reason it can't work this year :fart:

GEM
09-24-2012, 03:18 PM

Yea his continual 3 and outs with a sprinkle of 1st downs every 15 minutes was absolutely wonderful. :lol: Manning is probably slapping himself wondering why the **** he picked Denver. And here we thought it was Tebow who was the 4th qtr heart attack kid, it was McCoy all along.

Mike
09-24-2012, 03:19 PM
If at first you don't suceed, try and try again. Then in the 4th quarter, open it up.

It worked last year, no reason it can't work this year :fart:

You can't blame him, dude. He is only doing as much as he can given the QB he is saddled with. He is a genius for tailoring game-plans that fit Manning's abilities.

slim
09-24-2012, 03:25 PM
You can't blame him, dude. He is only doing as much as he can given the QB he is saddled with. He is a genius for tailoring game-plans that fit Manning's abilities.

A genius like McCoy needs to have a fancy name for this offense he runs. Since the West-Coast offense is already taken, maybe we can call it the "three and out"...what do you think?

catfish
09-24-2012, 03:28 PM
A genius like McCoy needs to have a fancy name for this offense he runs. Since the West-Coast offense is already taken, maybe we can call it the "three and out"...what do you think?

how about the "indiana" because it is boring and shitty and I have no idea why anyone would want to go there

slim
09-24-2012, 03:33 PM
how about the "indiana" because it is boring and shitty and I have no idea why anyone would want to go there

I like it.

We could call it "Frat Party", because we never score until late and only after the roofies kick in.

slim
09-24-2012, 03:41 PM
I like it.

We could call it "Frat Party", because we never score until late and only after the roofies kick in.

And also because McCoy is drunk all the time...how else can you explain his play calling?

underrated29
09-24-2012, 03:53 PM

This might be the greatest thing I have ever read

BroncoNut
09-24-2012, 03:55 PM
I like it.

pretty sick but kinda funny. I find it interesting that you didn't comment or seem interested in the new bike I got on Saturday. hmmm. maybe "we" aren't the "we" that i thought "we" were. And save me the "oh nut, tell me about your new bike" response for your next quest

slim
09-24-2012, 03:55 PM
pretty sick but kinda funny. I find it interesting that you didn't comment or seem interested in the new bike I got on Saturday. hmmm. maybe "we" aren't the "we" that i thought "we" were. And save me the "oh nut, tell me about your new bike" response for your next quest

Sorry, Nut. I didn't know about the new bike. I don't really get online much on the weekends, so I guess I missed it.

BroncoNut
09-24-2012, 03:56 PM
oh brother to this thread. everyone's a sports analyst

BroncoNut
09-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Sorry, Nut. I didn't know about the new bike. I don't really get online much on the weekends, so I guess I missed it.

oh, don't worry about it, nevermind, not that big of a deal.

slim
09-24-2012, 03:59 PM
oh, don't worry about it, nevermind, not that big of a deal.

Is there a thread about the new bike, Nut?

Thnikkaman
09-24-2012, 04:35 PM
<Scene: John Elway's Office -- Enter Mike McCoy>

John: Sit down Mike, we need to talk.

Mike: Sure John what can I do for you.

John: Mike, it's about your playcalling, it's just not working.

Mike: What are you talking about John? You know as well as anyone you need to establish the run before you can pass.

John: Well the thing is, Peyton and I think that you just aren't calling successful plays.

Mike: But...

John: We think that you should just be the OC in title. Peyton will be calling plays from now on. From now on your real duty is Towel Boy.

Mike: Towel Boy? That's ludicris. I've got an offensi...

Peyton: Mike, those towels aren't going to warm themselves. Chop Chop boy.

slim
09-24-2012, 04:45 PM
<Scene: John Elway's Office -- Enter Mike McCoy>

John: Sit down Mike, we need to talk.

Mike: Sure John what can I do for you.

John: Mike, it's about your playcalling, it's just not working.

Mike: What are you talking about John? You know as well as anyone you need to establish the run before you can pass.

John: Well the thing is, Peyton and I think that you just aren't calling successful plays.

Mike: But...

John: We think that you should just be the OC in title. Peyton will be calling plays from now on. From now on your real duty is Towel Boy.

Mike: Towel Boy? That's ludicris. I've got an offensi...

Peyton: Mike, those towels aren't going to warm themselves. Chop Chop boy.

I'm not sure making him towel boy is the answer. Unless, for some reason, you don't want any clean towels.

underrated29
09-24-2012, 05:44 PM
He can probably get them clean. But if you run out of laundry detergent he will just keep sticking them in the wash over and over and over again thinking they will get clean. I mean, if you use enough water, even without the soap, it will eventually get clean, right?

HORSEPOWER 56
09-24-2012, 08:13 PM
FYI, Manning has the ability ot audible out of a bad play at any time - huddle or not. There's a reason we don't call more screens, because our RBs are constantly kept in to block to make up for some of the deficiencies in protection... again, a call made at the LOS by Manning to change the protection. I doubt that McCoy's play calling has the back in to block on every pass play.

I'm not defending McCoy here, but blaming McCoy for our poor offensive performance in the first half is kinda silly. McCoy doesn't throw ints, drop catchable passes, miss blocks, or dance in the backfield and get tackled for a loss on 3rd and one...

Once again, chemistry. that's what is missing. With chemistry, comes precision. With precision, manning becomes one of the most dangerous QBs in the game. When we win the division this year, you'll all feel better. Come week 8, we'll probably look like a well-oiled machine. If I'm wrong, slay me. All these chicken little threads about this guy sucks or that guy sucks or whatever are getting exhausting...

chaoticmayhem
09-24-2012, 09:06 PM

brilliant

Simple Jaded
09-24-2012, 09:55 PM
The Broncos are 12th in scoring average, 15th in 3rd down percentage and 9th overall 1st downs. Not bad considering the offense they're breaking in and the defenses they've played.

Is McCoy the Next Bill Walsh? Of course not. Ya'll just want McCoy and the receivers to be the reason a certain Baywatch underwear model sucked at playing QB.......

underrated29
09-24-2012, 10:37 PM
No I just want McCoy gone. I have never liked him. At all. Ever. He sucks and its so bad that people can not even give good reasons why he should stay or why he doesn't suck.

Ps- I wanted him gone before last season even started, when KO was our qb.

Broncos Mtnman
09-24-2012, 11:19 PM
I agree that his playcalling has been suspect, but considering his history with Fox, it's not likely that he goes anywhere unless Manning expresses a desire to see someone new.

I don't think we'll see that this season.

Simple Jaded
09-24-2012, 11:23 PM
No I just want McCoy gone. I have never liked him. At all. Ever. He sucks and its so bad that people can not even give good reasons why he should stay or why he doesn't suck.

Ps- I wanted him gone before last season even started, when KO was our qb.
I just gave you reasons why he doesn't suck. Is he Mike McCarthy? No but the offense is already far better than it was last year. 24 points a game against these defenses is pretty salty, especially this early in the offenses development.......

underrated29
09-24-2012, 11:53 PM
I just gave you reasons why he doesn't suck. Is he Mike McCarthy? No but the offense is already far better than it was last year. 24 points a game against these defenses is pretty salty, especially this early in the offenses development.......

Agreed, but is that mccoy or the difference between manning and tebow. Sure it could be argued both ways, but honestly after 3-4 years of mccoys offense, and looking at 12 years of past mannings offense (and how our offense could move when we could throw the ball) I dont see how mccoy gets a shred of credit for our improved offense.

All things from last year remained the same except manning.
All things from the offense two years prior and first 4 of last year remained the same with mccoy except it was Orton. Still had a crap offense.
I think this jump is 100% because of manning and manning alone.

Hell, havent all of our points (I have not checked) come from mannings no huddle offense? Zero to mccoy (unless manning got us down in the RZ and then there was a Timeout or TV timeout that led to a huddle)? I am thinking so.

Simple Jaded
09-25-2012, 12:06 AM
Ya know what l think would be cool is if Norval got fired and the Broncos hired him as OC. Cause Tom Moore isn't walking through that door.......

HORSEPOWER 56
09-25-2012, 12:30 AM
Maybe we'll end up being very successful this season and McCoy will get a lot of credit and get hired as a HC elsewhere...

Then it will solve everyone's problem. You can always hope.

catfish
09-25-2012, 08:25 AM
Maybe we'll end up being very successful this season and McCoy will get a lot of credit and get hired as a HC elsewhere...

Then it will solve everyone's problem. You can always hope.

being fair to McCoy they don't have any game film as to how defenses will react to this new offense so they really don't know what they are going to do until they see how the defense is going to react:rolleyes:

TXBRONC
09-25-2012, 09:28 AM
You are right. When Peyton goes no huddle he is our o coordinator. And he is not a problem but really good. However, when we do huddle up you bet your ass it is McCoy calling the plays and we suck. It's no coincidence.

I don't agree at all. This makes it's sound like Manning has no say in what they do and I don't believe that for one minute. If Manning wants to audible out any play I'm sure he has that freedom.