PDA

View Full Version : The Official 1983 Thread

MOtorboat
08-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Men At Work's "Down Under," Toto's "Africa," Michael Jackson's "Beat It" and "Billie Jean," The Police's "Every Breath You Take" and Irene Cara's "Flashdance...What A Feeling" topped the charts. Scarface, The Big Chill, Terms of Endearment, The Right Stuff, Wargames, Return of the Jedi and Risky Business hit the box office. Ronald Reagan was President. IBM released Lotus 1-2-3. The Soviets invaded Afghanistan. The Baltimore Orioles won the World Series. The Philadelphia Sixers and Moses Malone won the NBA Championship. The New York Islanders topped Wayne Gretzky and the Edmonton Oilers in the NHL.

And the Raiders won the Super Bowl.

Thnikkaman
08-07-2009, 12:44 PM
So unless its your birth year, its really an insignificant year.

Gamechanger
08-07-2009, 12:57 PM
I REALLY hate 1983

NightTrainLayne
08-07-2009, 01:05 PM
A lot of crap was successful in 1983.

Skinny
08-07-2009, 01:06 PM
http://www.mobileinfos.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/mobile-phones-history/dkmb86g_487pr55s2hc_b.jpg

Dreadnought
08-07-2009, 01:15 PM
So unless its your birth year, its really an insignificant year.

I married my first wife in June of 1983. Thats all I really remember of it. It was a pretty bad year all things considered.

So long ago, so long...LP's...MTV was new and played actual videos...Molson's was considered a fancy import beer...mullets hadn't even been invented yet...Gawd.

And think about this - 1983 was as close to the present day as it was to 1957, the year Sputnik was launched. I wasn't even born then

Overtime
08-07-2009, 01:59 PM
come on now...we got John Elway from the Colts in a draft trade. It wasn't "that" bad!

:D

Gamechanger
08-07-2009, 02:14 PM
come on now...we got John Elway from the Colts in a draft trade. It wasn't "that" bad!

:D

http://i32.tinypic.com/hta6xd.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/2cekhkw.jpg

MOtorboat
08-07-2009, 02:14 PM
http://i32.tinypic.com/hta6xd.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/2cekhkw.jpg

Trade fail.

Gamechanger
08-07-2009, 02:17 PM
trade fail.

.................. ..... /´¯/)
.................... ..,/¯ ..//
.................... ./... ./ /
............./´¯/' ...'/´¯ ¯`•¸
........../'/.../... ./... ..../¨¯\
........('(...´(.. /...... ,~/'...')
.........\.......... ..... ..\/..../
..........\... .... ..... . _.•´
............\....... ..... ..(
..............\..... ..... ...\ ...................

Dreadnought
08-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Trade fail.

What? We gave them Chris Hinton. He was a pretty good tackle :laugh:

In other 1983 news, McDonalds invented the Chicken McNugget that year.

topscribe
08-07-2009, 02:39 PM
I REALLY hate 1983

I understand . . .

The Year The Colts Lost Elway. :lol:

-----

Devilspawn
08-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Men At Work's "Down Under," Toto's "Africa," Michael Jackson's "Beat It" and "Billie Jean," The Police's "Every Breath You Take" and Irene Cara's "Flashdance...What A Feeling" topped the charts. Scarface, The Big Chill, Terms of Endearment, The Right Stuff, Wargames, Return of the Jedi and Risky Business hit the box office. Ronald Reagan was President. IBM released Lotus 1-2-3. The Soviets invaded Afghanistan. The Baltimore Orioles won the World Series. The Philadelphia Sixers and Moses Malone won the NBA Championship. The New York Islanders topped Wayne Gretzky and the Edmonton Oilers in the NHL.

And the Raiders won the Super Bowl.
Technically we won in 1984. So ja might want to edit.

25 years later, still kings of the division in all phases, including the important one: 3-2-1-0

Or

3-1-0-2*

MOtorboat
08-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Technically we won in 1984. So ja might want to edit.

25 years later, still kings of the division in all phases, including the important one: 3-2-1-0

Or

3-1-0-2*

I knew the intelligent Raider fan would point that out....but as you know by now DS, I'm not directing smack at a respectable fan, such as yourself.

Devilspawn
08-07-2009, 02:52 PM
I knew the intelligent Raider fan would point that out....but as you know by now DS, I'm not directing smack at a respectable fan, such as yourself.
g-- dammit. alright, let me grab my pipe and slippers and watch the chaos... :elefant:

Gamechanger
08-07-2009, 03:15 PM
I understand . . .

-----

refer to posts #8 and #10

MOtorboat
08-07-2009, 03:23 PM
refer to posts #8 and #10

https://www.beckett.com/images/pgitems/334960201.jpg

Gamechanger
08-07-2009, 03:50 PM
https://www.beckett.com/images/pgitems/334960201.jpg

he was great and I still get fumed with the thought that we traded him for.....

-insert obvious 1990 1st overall bust-

Ravage!!!
08-07-2009, 03:52 PM
wow.. I just never thought I would see bronco fans say that "really hate 1983"..... that just stuns me.

Gamechanger
08-07-2009, 03:54 PM
wow.. I just never thought I would see bronco fans say that "really hate 1983"..... that just stuns me.

theres the problem

i'm not a broncos fan

:shocked:

MOtorboat
08-07-2009, 03:56 PM
theres the problem

i'm not a broncos fan

http://thecollegefootballreview.com/images/MiscHumorous/JeffGeorgeColts.jpg

Gamechanger
08-07-2009, 04:01 PM

okay

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qoybMHXZ-cU/Sh9f1nxtCMI/AAAAAAAAAQE/ftIyKoK6vXU/s400/clarett.jpg

now what?

MOtorboat
08-07-2009, 04:05 PM
okay

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qoybMHXZ-cU/Sh9f1nxtCMI/AAAAAAAAAQE/ftIyKoK6vXU/s400/clarett.jpg

now what?

Seriously, you can do way better than that...comparing the No. 1 overall pick to the No. 101 pick. :tsk:

Gamechanger
08-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Seriously, you can do way better than that...comparing the No. 1 overall pick to the No. 101 pick. :tsk:

not in Claretts eyes :pound:

their both busts

MOtorboat
08-07-2009, 04:10 PM
not in Claretts eyes :pound:

their both busts

Seriously, you could have at least thrown George Foster out there...or Marcus Nash...or Deltha O'Neal, or Willie Middlebrooks...I mean...try a little...

MOtorboat
08-07-2009, 04:12 PM
okay

now what?

"There's no doubt about it," George said in an interview with the Pioneer Press on Friday afternoon. "Because of the type of defensive personnel they have, and when you have an Adrian Peterson ... you line him up with a veteran quarterback, who knows where to go with the ball, it's an unstoppable combination." In a story posted earlier Friday, George told Yahoo.com that, if he were playing for the Vikings, "I guarantee I'd be wearing a ring right now."

Ravage!!!
08-07-2009, 04:17 PM
theres the problem

i'm not a broncos fan

:lol: you are right, that IS a problem!! :laugh:

Gamechanger
08-07-2009, 04:23 PM
"There's no doubt about it," George said in an interview with the Pioneer Press on Friday afternoon. "Because of the type of defensive personnel they have, and when you have an Adrian Peterson ... you line him up with a veteran quarterback, who knows where to go with the ball, it's an unstoppable combination." In a story posted earlier Friday, George told Yahoo.com that, if he were playing for the Vikings, "I guarantee I'd be wearing a ring right now."

he also promised us a playoff berth in his third year

sooo...:confused:

Gamechanger
08-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Seriously, you could have at least thrown George Foster out there...or Marcus Nash...or Deltha O'Neal, or Willie Middlebrooks...I mean...try a little...

that was too easy

but since you want me to try

http://media.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/content/img/photos/2009/02/20/437701619_t335.jpg

glad they could talk him out of considering retirement

MOtorboat
08-07-2009, 04:26 PM
he also promised us a playoff berth in his third year

sooo...:confused:

Sorry...thought it was funny.

Gamechanger
08-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Sorry...thought it was funny.

it is

it was also funny seeing him in silver and black

Midnight Blue
08-07-2009, 05:40 PM
It's also funny seeing Javon Walker in silver and black... especially knowing how little he's done for the Raiders and how much $$ they paid him.

Dreadnought
08-07-2009, 05:50 PM
It's also funny seeing Javon Walker in silver and black... especially knowing how little he's done for the Raiders and how much $$ they paid him.

Agreed - that $ would have bought Greasy Al enough prune juice to keep him regular 'til 2074 at least

Midnight Blue
08-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Agreed - that $ would have bought Greasy Al enough prune juice to keep him regular 'til 2074 at least

... and last I heard, Javon was on the PUP list....

Dreadnought
08-07-2009, 09:08 PM
... and last I heard, Javon was on the PUP list....

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not possible. Why, none other than OaklandRaider himself predicted big things from that stiff this year! Is it possible he is talking out his wazoo and doesn't actually have a ghost of a clue?

I'll predict Javon continues to jake it while cashing Al's checks.

OaklandRaider
08-08-2009, 01:44 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not possible. Why, none other than OaklandRaider himself predicted big things from that stiff this year! Is it possible he is talking out his wazoo and doesn't actually have a ghost of a clue?

I'll predict Javon continues to jake it while cashing Al's checks.

So because he is on the PUP list means he won't perform next year? :confused: Wasn't Champ Bailey on the PUP list?

Also,

Wide receiver Javon Walker, who two days before talked talked with unbridled optimism about his health and claimed to be in the prime of his career, looked to be at least something approaching that as he put on a show with a member of the Raiders athletic training staff.

Walker ran at what looked to be full speed with an effortless glide. He ran short and intermediate patterns, at one point reaching back on a short crossing route and snatching a pass with his left hand without slowing down.

He ran patterns 25 to 30-yard downfield, reaching out and catching the ball at his highest point with good acceleration. Walker dropped exactly one pass that I saw during a drill in which he ran directly forward at the passer on a controlled run.

Dreadnought
08-08-2009, 05:17 AM
So because he is on the PUP list means he won't perform next year? :confused: Wasn't Champ Bailey on the PUP list?

No, he won't perform next Year period, because he is a lazy slack goldbrick. A loafer with a crap attitude and a bum leg, who also has a sometime tendency to find himself in strange and unpleasant legal situations. And a mighty fine contract to go with it all. Quite the bargain all in all.

Skinny
08-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Dec. 11, 1983: Trailing the Colts 19-0 entering the fourth quarter at Mile High, Elway throws three touchdown passes: a 21-yarder to Clint Sampson, a 26-yarder to Jesse Myles and a game-winning 26-yarder, on fourth down, to Gerald Willhite. It's the first of Elway's 47 fourth-quarter game-winning or game-saving drives.

OaklandRaider
08-08-2009, 08:02 PM
No, he won't perform next Year period, because he is a lazy slack goldbrick. A loafer with a crap attitude and a bum leg, who also has a sometime tendency to find himself in strange and unpleasant legal situations. And a mighty fine contract to go with it all. Quite the bargain all in all.

Actually, he reduced his contract so he is only making about 4 million per year.

Javon Walker is on a mission, but you won't believe me. Ima just let Walker's play do the talking.

girler
08-08-2009, 08:32 PM
:eek: OMG! This makes total sense now! I don't know how I didn't put this together before now!

My gay brother was born in January, 1984!!! I never could get him to like football. :tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

Magnificent Seven
08-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Don't forget Jaws 3-D. When I was little kid, I watched this movie with 3D goggle at the movie theater in Lake Tahoe. After movie, I couldn't swim in lake. It was truly scary and it was all in my head. Moreover, my parents took me to the Universal Studio in Hollywood and we were on the tour-train. We saw a huge Jaws jumping out from the water and scared us. What a summer of 1983.

Midnight Blue
08-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Actually, he reduced his contract so he is only making about 4 million per year.

Javon Walker is on a mission, but you won't believe me. Ima just let Walker's play do the talking.

Going by the assertion (not sure it's true; he had a healthy signing bonus last year too... but we'll run with "your" number) that he made $4 million.... that works out to roughly $266,667 for each of his 15 receptions or $20,408 for each of his 196 yards. I'm sure that all opposing defenses will be paralyzed with fear over his single touchdown. He has only had two 1,000+ yard seasons in his 7-year career (2004 with the Packers and 2006 with the Broncos)... and has made a single Pro Bowl appearance. Yeah, I think we can let his play do the talking...:lol:

dogfish
08-13-2009, 12:28 PM

actually, you'd better go ahead and do the talking, because his play ain't sayin' shit. . . .

besides, i could use a good laugh. . . . tell us how he's going to be an all-pro and rewrite the record books. . . .

:lol::lol::lol:

Dreadnought
08-13-2009, 12:41 PM
. . . tell us how he's going to be an all-pro and rewrite the record books. . . .

Quite possible if the record in question is dollars paid per catch, or dollars paid per yard gained. Not outlandish at all, Dog.

Thnikkaman
08-13-2009, 01:05 PM

Its great to see Walker do his part to ensure that Al Davis can keep wasting money on washed up players.

OaklandRaider
08-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Quite possible if the record in question is dollars paid per catch, or dollars paid per yard gained. Not outlandish at all, Dog.

He should go for that record then. Because I don't think he could beat Brandon Marshall's record for number of Court Appearances in one offseason.

Owned.

dogfish
08-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Its great to see Walker do his part to ensure that Al Davis can keep wasting money on washed up players.

hey now, let's be fair to The Corpse. . . . not everybody he wastes loads of money s is washed up-- a lot of them aren't has-beens, they're never will be's. . . . take for example stay-puff jamarcus and derius heyward-bey. . . how many millions will be wasted between those two stiffs?

:laugh:

He should go for that record then. Because I don't think he could beat Brandon Marshall's record for number of Court Appearances in one offseason.

Owned.

using beat and brandon marshall in the same sentence. . . that's not very appropriate, now is it? brandon's alleged indiscretions aren't exactly a laughing matter, you know. . . .

but speaking of records. . . i think signing one-knee walker for fifty-five mil is probably the worst signing in the history of free agency. . . i certainly can't think of another off the top of my head. . .

well. . . actually, paying meangelo hall however much you did for eight games was pretty awesome also. . . .

bahahahaha!!!

i bet al almost choked on a prune watching the rookie eddie royal single-handedly DISMANTLE his multi-million dollar investment on national TV-- the first game he ever played for the club. . . .

:lol::lol:

OaklandRaider
08-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Looks like I'm not the only one who feels Javon Walker can be CBPOY http://raiders.fandome.com/video/114751/Javon-Walker-Possible-come-back-player-of-2009/ :coffee:

If Walker returns to his old form, I'm sorry but that puts the Raiders over the top.

MOtorboat
08-23-2009, 08:19 PM
If Walker returns to his old form, I'm sorry but that puts the Raiders over the top.

:pound:

OaklandRaider
08-23-2009, 08:25 PM

I'm not sure why you're laughing, kid. :D You're the one who predicted the Broncos to go 11-5 and have the number 2 seed in the AFC. That's funny, even some of your fellow Bronco fans called you out for being a homer :lol:

MOtorboat
08-23-2009, 08:29 PM
I'm not sure why you're laughing, kid. :D You're the one who predicted the Broncos to go 11-5 and have the number 2 seed in the AFC. That's funny, even some of your fellow Bronco fans called you out for being a homer :lol:

It was the No. 4 seed, but whatever...obviously your reading/comprehension skills suck as much dick as your stupid-ass posts.

nbenallo33
08-23-2009, 10:39 PM
thats when i was born!!!!!
:elefant:

:beer:

Midnight Blue
08-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Looks like I'm not the only one who feels Javon Walker can be CBPOY http://raiders.fandome.com/video/114751/Javon-Walker-Possible-come-back-player-of-2009/ :coffee:

Too funny... as if "raiders.fandome.com" is going to be a credible, unbiased source. (hint, OR...they're homers just like you :listen: )

OaklandRaider
08-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Too funny... as if "raiders.fandome.com" is going to be a credible, unbiased source. (hint, OR...they're homers just like you :listen: )

So John Clayton of ESPN is a Raider homer? Because if you bothered to click on the link, it was a video of him saying that he thinks Walker will have a monstrous season.

Hint Midnight Blue: Think before you post.

OaklandRaider
08-23-2009, 11:41 PM
It was the No. 4 seed, but whatever...obviously your reading/comprehension skills suck as much dick as your stupid-ass posts.

No 2 seed, No 4 seed I don't really care. You predicted them to go 11-5, which is downright hysterical.

Midnight Blue
08-24-2009, 12:08 AM
So John Clayton of ESPN is a Raider homer? Because if you bothered to click on the link, it was a video of him saying that he thinks Walker will have a monstrous season.

Hint Midnight Blue: Think before you post.

Why the **** would a Bronco fan possibly want to click on a link that says "raiders.fandome.com"? They wouldn't. So of course I didn't click on it.

Hint, OR... Bronco fans don't give a shit about your Raiders... think before you post. :coffee:

OaklandRaider
08-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Why the **** would a Bronco fan possibly want to click on a link that says "raiders.fandome.com"? They wouldn't. So of course I didn't click on it.

Hint, OR... Bronco fans don't give a shit about your Raiders... think before you post. :coffee:

If you don't want to click on it, then don't. But don't sit there and call it biased, when you didn't even bother to look at it. It just makes you look dumb, I'm trying to help you out.

Midnight Blue
08-24-2009, 12:43 AM
If you don't want to click on it, then don't. But don't sit there and call it biased, when you didn't even bother to look at it. It just makes you look dumb, I'm trying to help you out.

If you want someone to click on that link, post it on a Raider forum. And no, it won't make me "look dumb"... if anyone's gonna look dumb over that clip, it's John Clayton (if that's even who's on it). Javon Walker would not be a #1 WR for any other team in the league.

OaklandRaider
08-24-2009, 07:50 AM
If you want someone to click on that link, post it on a Raider forum. And no, it won't make me "look dumb"... if anyone's gonna look dumb over that clip, it's John Clayton (if that's even who's on it). Javon Walker would not be a #1 WR for any other team in the league.

I'll post it here if I want. Just don't call it biased because you wren't smart enough to click on the link and find out for yourself (btw, fandome isn't even a Raider website, it's a sports website.)

And if healthy, Javon Walker would start on your team. Yes, over Eddie Royal and Brandon Marshall, he would start over both em. Dude is insanely talented.

MOtorboat
08-24-2009, 08:31 AM
And if healthy, Javon Walker would start on your team. Yes, over Eddie Royal and Brandon Marshall, he would start over both em. Dude is insanely talented.

We can now add this to the list of dumb football statements you've made.

JaMarcus Russell - most talented QB ever.
Nnamdi Asomugha - greatest of all time.
Javon Walker - insanely talented receiver who would start on every team in the league.

(I know there are more, but its Monday morning and I don't feel like thinking that hard - point being...you make a lot of really dumb statements.)

Medford Bronco
08-24-2009, 09:15 AM

Hey its Jay Cutlers body double :lol: and definatley has the same arrogant attitude as him

frauschieze
08-24-2009, 11:32 AM

:spit::spit::spit:

In case you don't remember, Walker whined his way out of Denver because he didn't want to be the #2 receiver behind.....who was it again? Oh yeah....BRANDON MARSHALL. :lol:

nbenallo33
08-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Walker... dosnt he need a walker right about now? :confused:

Midnight Blue
08-24-2009, 10:06 PM
I'll post it here if I want. Just don't call it biased because you wren't smart enough to click on the link and find out for yourself (btw, fandome isn't even a Raider website, it's a sports website.)

Oh, you can post it. But no one other than DevilSpawn is gonna click on it. :coffee:

Brandon Marshall was going to start over Javon Walker back a couple of years ago... 'tis why Walker wanted to be traded (so he had a chance to start). :listen:

Midnight Blue
08-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Oh, by the way, OR... Javon Walker's best season in Denver (2006), he caught for 1084 yards. Marshall caught for 1325 yards in 2007 and 1265 in 2008... I'm sure any HC in the league would bench a 1200+ yard receiver in favor of a 1000 yard one though. Right. :coffee:

FanInAZ
08-25-2009, 12:08 AM
The Soviets invaded Afghanistan.

That actually happened in 1979. It's the reason that Carter would not allow our Olympic team to go to the 1980 Summer Games.

Gamechanger
08-25-2009, 12:31 AM
Hey its Jay Cutlers body double :lol: and definatley has the same arrogant attitude as him

.................. ..... /´¯/)
.................... ..,/¯ ..//
.................... ./... ./ /
............./´¯/' ...'/´¯ ¯`•¸
........../'/.../... ./... ..../¨¯\
........('(...´(.. /...... ,~/'...')
.........\.......... ..... ..\/..../
..........\... .... ..... . _.•´
............\....... ..... ..(
..............\..... ..... ...\ ...................

WE WASTED A PICK ON HIM

http://i25.tinypic.com/iglzq1.jpg

OaklandRaider
08-25-2009, 03:13 AM
Oh, by the way, OR... Javon Walker's best season in Denver (2006), he caught for 1084 yards. Marshall caught for 1325 yards in 2007 and 1265 in 2008... I'm sure any HC in the league would bench a 1200+ yard receiver in favor of a 1000 yard one though. Right. :coffee:

Brandon Marshall was also the league's most targeted player in both of those two years.

Jay Cutler is a great QB, but you know as well as I know Marshall's numbers are inflated because of how many chances he got. Cutler would force the ball to him on numerous occasions. This is why Marshall doesn't want to play until he gets his money because he knows his numbers will go down because 1. Kyle Orton flat out sucks and is a garbage Quarterback. 2. He won't get as much balls thrown his way.

Walker is way more talented than Marshall. I'm sure if Josh McDaniels had the choice he would choose Walker to be on his team, if he was healthy.

MOtorboat
08-25-2009, 07:40 AM
Walker is way more talented than Marshall.

Dreadnought
08-25-2009, 08:50 AM
Walker is way more talented than Marshall. I'm sure if Josh McDaniels had the choice he would choose Walker to be on his team, if he was healthy.

As much as I have little faith in McD, I know full well that there is no way on Earth he could be that stupid. I think you, Javon, and maybe the dimmer members of Javon's immediate family are the only ones who could believe something that silly. He would not make our roster this year IMO, and its a sign of desperation and an extremely weak roster that the Raiders are forced to depend on him.

sneakers
08-25-2009, 09:03 AM
I understand . . .

-----

They got Chris Hinton!

Midnight Blue
08-25-2009, 12:24 PM
Brandon Marshall was also the league's most targeted player in both of those two years.

Jay Cutler is a great QB, but you know as well as I know Marshall's numbers are inflated because of how many chances he got. Cutler would force the ball to him on numerous occasions. This is why Marshall doesn't want to play until he gets his money because he knows his numbers will go down because 1. Kyle Orton flat out sucks and is a garbage Quarterback. 2. He won't get as much balls thrown his way.

Have you been watching any football at all, OR? No one who has an ounce of football knowledge would say what you just said. Brandon Marshall is young and even in his prime, Javon Walker never had the athletic ability Marshall has. Marshall is easily one of the top 5 WRs in the league. Walker? He'll be lucky to be healthy enough to play in 5 games.

Midnight Blue
08-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Oh... and if Brandon Marshall was available... Al Davis would sign him in a heartbeat (evidence: he acquired washed-up Javon Walker and Ashley Lelie...and paid them both way more than they were ever worth). And... if Marshall were on the Raiders' roster... he would bump Javon Walker out of the starting role for a second time. Only a total and complete imbecile would start Walker over Marshall....

Dreadnought
08-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Only a total and complete imbecile would start Walker over Marshall....

Which again of course raises the issue of Al Davis

Midnight Blue
08-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Which again of course raises the issue of Al Davis

I think even senile ol' Al would notice that Marshall's the better player... :D

OaklandRaider
08-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Marshall is easily one of the top 5 WRs in the league.

Lmfao!

Steve Smith
Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
AnQuan Boldin
Randy Moss
Andre Johnson
Roddy White
Reggie Wayne
Greg Jennings
Wes Welker
Dwayne Bowe
Braylon Edwards
Terrell Owens

Are all better than him. Brandon Marshall is good. He is a top 15 WR, but please don't overrate him

MOtorboat
08-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Lmfao!

Steve Smith
Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
AnQuan Boldin
Randy Moss
Andre Johnson
Roddy White
Reggie Wayne
Greg Jennings
Wes Welker
Dwayne Bowe
Braylon Edwards
Terrell Owens

Are all better than him. Brandon Marshall is good. He is a top 15 WR, but please don't overrate him

Braylon Edwards! Calvin Johnson! Roddy White! Wes Welker! Greg Freakin' Jennings!

No...wait...Dwayne Bowe! Dwayne ******* Bowe!

You're a ******* idiot.

OaklandRaider
08-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Braylon Edwards! Calvin Johnson! Roddy White! Wes Welker! Greg Freakin' Jennings!

No...wait...Dwayne Bowe! Dwayne ******* Bowe!

You're a ******* idiot.

No, you're a ******* idiot if you think Brandon Marshall is a top 5 WR. :lol:

Calvin Johnson is ten times the receiver that Marshall is. Johnson had a better season on the worst football team in NFL history. He is the most talented WR to ever enter the NFL, Marshall can't hold Johnson's jock.
Roddy White has put up virtually the same stats as Marshall has the last two years, despite being targeted way less. And in 2007 he had Byron Leftwhich and Chris Redman throwing to him.

Greg Jennings is just better. Better deep threat, better playmaker, better person. Wes Welker and Marshall have put up basically the same stats the last two years, but Welker catches 76% of the passes thrown his way. Marshall only catches 59% of the balls thrown his way. And he fumbles the ball more than any WR in the NFL.

Dwayne Bowe has had who throwing him the ball? Brody Croyle? Damon Huard? Tyler Thigpen? And yet he still puts up numbers with garbage QBs. Brandon Marshall is scared shitless to play with a garbage QB like Kyle Orton because he knows his numbers will go down. Put Brandon Marshall on the chiefs and and Bowe on the Broncos with Jay Cutler, and I guarantee you Bowe would put up better numbers.

Brandon Marshall is not a top 5 WR.