PDA

View Full Version : Rod Smith reflects on "dream" career as Ring of Fame induction nears

Denver Native (Carol)
09-20-2012, 04:25 PM
For 14 years, Rod Smith played in fear that he was going to get called into Mike Shanahan's office to be fired.

Even after making three Pro Bowls, even after making a career-defining touchdown catch in Super Bowl XXXIII, even after winning the team's Man of the Year honor, Smith couldn't shake the feeling that any day, it could all end.

"I had that pressure on me for 14 years," Smith said. "I would sneak up on my locker, some days a little more relaxed than other days, but I would sneak up on my locker and just pray that my name was still there, and I'd say, 'I got one more day.'"

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21593493/rod-smith-reflects-dream-career-ring-fame-induction

smith49
09-20-2012, 06:19 PM
First off, congrats to Rod effing Smith. He does deserve to be in the ROF. I franking love that guy.

Second, I watched his presser and I gotta say, dudes crazy. I love him, but he's a bit weird. I guess he always has been and I just kinda forgot about it.

Anyhow, congrats again Rod mother effin Smith!!

scott.475
09-22-2012, 04:15 PM
I like that guy so much. He deserves to be not just in the ROF, but in the NFL HOF simply because of his accomplishments as an undrafted receiver, no undrafted receiver has the same accomplishments.

I'll remember a lot about Rod, not least of which is sharing a name with my dad, but mostly how quickly he'd get his upper body turned up field after a catch. I'm sure there are some who did it better, but I can't think of any.