PDA

View Full Version : Vic Lombardi is reporting that Moreno could be at pratice on Friday

Tned
08-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Vic Lombardi Reports:

@VicLombardi (http://www.twitter.com/viclombardi) we may see Knowshon at practice tomorrow...so im told

dogfish
08-06-2009, 08:43 PM
get in there, kid. . . .

NightTrainLayne
08-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Adam Schefter says a deal should be done tonight.

Tned
08-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Poor Peyton, he's seeing his starting job slip away. :lol:

Fan in Exile
08-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Poor Peyton, he's seeing his starting job slip away. :lol:

You think they're planning on switching Knowshon to FB? :confused:

Really Bucky is the one whose job is slipping away.

Tned
08-06-2009, 09:29 PM
You think they're planning on switching Knowshon to FB? :confused:

Really Bucky is the one whose job is slipping away.

We'll see. If Moreno is ready for prime time by opening day, then based on what I have heard, I think Buckhalter and Moreno get most of the RB carries, and Hillis comes in to block and as a receiver from the fullback spot, with some carries from RB.

I think no matter how good he's looked in camp, they will look at him and say, "he's a fullback". But, if Moreno continues to hold out (which I hope he doen't do), then Hillis and Buckhalter probably split carries with Larson playing some FB mixed in.

dogfish
08-06-2009, 10:07 PM
We'll see. If Moreno is ready for prime time by opening day, then based on what I have heard, I think Buckhalter and Moreno get most of the RB carries, and Hillis comes in to block and as a receiver from the fullback spot, with some carries from RB.

I think no matter how good he's looked in camp, they will look at him and say, "he's a fullback". But, if Moreno continues to hold out (which I hope he doen't do), then Hillis and Buckhalter probably split carries with Larson playing some FB mixed in.

i'm not so sure that i agree with this. . . bill bellyache, and his mentor parcells, have an extremely high regard for players with versatility, and players who have good size and play physical. . . if doogie learned anything from the hooded one, i have a feeling he's going to see just what hillis is capable of. . . hopefully that is indeed the case, and we don't waste his talent by pigeonholing him as "just a fullback". . .

it's been said that he's gotten a lot of work in single back sets so far in camp, which i've said since last year is an ideal fit given his ability to be a triple threat as a runner, blocker and receiver. . . i think he's also the best red zone/short yardage back on the team, and has a good chance to lock that role up. . .

i know they're not going to make him the featured back (they got moreno for a reason), but i expect them to find plenty of work for him. . . new england has a big rep for getting the best out of players by putting them in position to succeed and playing to their strengths, and if doogie can't do that, then we made a mistake hiring him. . . but in this instance, i'm actually going to have confidence in him to do it right. . .

TXBRONC
08-07-2009, 06:11 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to Hillis being used single back sets and in goalline situations.

Elevation inc
08-07-2009, 06:17 AM
simple and good news.....

as for the depth chart i have no doubt it will be buckhalter starting game 1 untill knowshon proves he has all 3 facets(pass protection, catching, running) down solid...could be sooner rather than later. but having moreno and bucky as a 1-2 punch with hillis as the pounder and jordan and torain as depth excites me.....

i would imagine in single back sets we will see bucky and moreno in rotation, with hillis getting some good redzone and short chances as well as mismatch looks. and in 2 back sets hillis will be blocking for bucky and moreno.....jordan and torain will round out the depth.....which is much better than andre hall, cory boyd, pj pope and tatum bell......

i actually dont think moreno is gonna have a cakewalk to the starting gig, all reports have bucky as doing quite well right now.....

CoachChaz
08-07-2009, 06:23 AM
Hillis is the best red-zone option easily, but until he learns that you simply cannot make a long term career out of intentionally being involved in car crashes on every play...he wont be a full time tailback.

TXBRONC
08-07-2009, 06:39 AM
simple and good news.....

as for the depth chart i have no doubt it will be buckhalter starting game 1 untill knowshon proves he has all 3 facets(pass protection, catching, running) down solid...could be sooner rather than later. but having moreno and bucky as a 1-2 punch with hillis as the pounder and jordan and torain as depth excites me.....

i would imagine in single back sets we will see bucky and moreno in rotation, with hillis getting some good redzone and short chances as well as mismatch looks. and in 2 back sets hillis will be blocking for bucky and moreno.....jordan and torain will round out the depth.....which is much better than andre hall, cory boyd, pj pope and tatum bell......

i actually dont think moreno is gonna have a cakewalk to the starting gig, all reports have bucky as doing quite well right now.....

I think there is still plenty time left in training for Moreno to get up to speed and overtake Buckhalter. However for him to do so is an entirely different matter.

broncofaninfla
08-07-2009, 07:41 AM
May the best back win....

broncofaninfla
08-07-2009, 09:51 AM
No deal for Knowshon, yet (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/07/no-deal-for-knowshon-yet/)

Posted by Mike Florio on August 7, 2009 10:18 AM ET
Despite optimism that the Broncos and running back Knowshon Moreno would tie the contractual knot on Thursday night, it didn't happen.

Per a league source, a deal for the 12th overall pick is still close, and there's hope that it will get done today. The Denver Post reported that same thing earlier today, adding that Moreno remains in Georgia (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13011655) as the deal is being hammered out.

He's at the bottom of a current five-pick logjam, and the floor for Moreno's deal has been set by the contract given to Brian Orakpo of the Redskins at No. 13. Coincidentally, Orakpo and Moreno are both represented by CAA.

Lonestar
08-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Sounds like arakapo wanted to be in camp more and told his agents to get it done I need to be in camp learning the playbook with my teammates.

I'm surprised that morono has not done so also.