This tread is dedicated to a team that cant score

:fish2: Maybe they can find some runs here lol

but I still love my inconsistent team the LA Dodgers :elefant:

In-com-plete
09-01-2007, 08:42 AM
This tread is dedicated to a team that cant score

:fish2: Maybe they can find some runs here lol

but I still love my inconsistent team the LA Dodgers :elefant:
I knew you'd make your way over here Med. I thought of making this thread the other day but thought I'd let you do the honor.

Although it should be "The thread were Med, Cali, In-com-plete and sometimes KB talk about the Dodgers".

It's imparative we win today and tomorrows games against SD. Imparative.

Calif. Bronco
09-01-2007, 09:36 AM
I knew you'd make your way over here Med. I thought of making this thread the other day but thought I'd let you do the honor.

Although it should be "The thread were Med, Cali, In-com-plete and sometimes KB talk about the Dodgers".

It's imparative we win today and tomorrows games against SD. Imparative.

Of course it's imperative we talk about tomorrow's game - since Peavy is pitching against us tonight we can skip this one :shocked:

Glad to see we all made it over here to the new site. Our little 3 1/2 person thread wouldn't be the same without all of us! :grouphug:

By the way, thanks for the referral In-Com

In-com-plete
09-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Of course it's imperative we talk about tomorrow's game - since Peavy is pitching against us tonight we can skip this one :shocked:

Glad to see we all made it over here to the new site. Our little 3 1/2 person thread wouldn't be the same without all of us! :grouphug:

By the way, thanks for the referral In-Com
No problem man. I can't make this my perma board if you and Med aren't here. And of course, that ½ or 0.5 who goes by the name of KB.

Astrass
09-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Haha Med, I was waiting for you to make this thread. Ugh, what can be said about the Dodgers. At least the are consistant in starting strong and blowing it mid season. Man....we need some hitters.

Medford Bronco
09-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Haha Med, I was waiting for you to make this thread. Ugh, what can be said about the Dodgers. At least the are consistant in starting strong and blowing it mid season. Man....we need some hitters.

This is such an inconsistent team. Now they have won 7 of 9 and will only be 3 back in the WC and divison is the Padres win tonight. I just do not get them

I just hope they stay in it to the end:cool:

Calif. Bronco
09-04-2007, 11:10 PM
This is such an inconsistent team. Now they have won 7 of 9 and will only be 3 back in the WC and divison is the Padres win tonight. I just do not get them

I just hope they stay in it to the end:cool:

Well... after two more with the Cubs and the weekend against the evil ones it'll be Decision Week. Three with San Diego and three with Arizona at home next week. I think by the time the Broncos destroy Oakland we'll have a pretty good idea whether this Dodger team is for real or not. :beer:

In-com-plete
09-05-2007, 07:51 AM
I've got good news and I've got good news.

The good news is Tomko was released. And the good news is he signed with the Padres.

:beer:

Medford Bronco
09-05-2007, 09:32 AM

The good news is Tomko was released. And the good news is he signed with the Padres.

Lets hope he starts against Wells and gets lit like a tree :D

Calif. Bronco
09-05-2007, 08:53 PM

If that :censored: piece of :censored: pitches 7 strong innings against us next week, you and Med will both be able to hear my screaming 3,000 miles away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yell:

sneakers
09-06-2007, 02:10 AM
Please beat the cubs again like you did 2 of the last 3 days! Thanks!

Medford Bronco
09-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Please beat the cubs again like you did 2 of the last 3 days! Thanks!

We did. Thanks for the encouragement :beer:

thank the young Dodgers. Either, Loney and Kemp:elefant:

In-com-plete
09-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Anyone catch that game today? It was freakin' awesome!

I left work at 3:30 and it was tied up at 1 apiece. Got home around 4:00 and it's the bottom of the 7th with the Dodgers up 2-1. Lowe gave up a single then walked the next batter on 4 pitches. In comes Broxton to face Soriano. 3-1 count and he golfs what would have been ball 4 over the left field wall. 4-2.

Top of the 8th and Kemp hits a solo home run. 4-3. And it was a lot more exciting than the damn Cubs announcers made it.

/unenthusiastic monatone low voice lock on/ "deep fly ball to left center...home run by Kemp...his 10th of the season." /unenthusiastic monatone low voice lock off/

Top of the 9th and it's still 4-3. Martin leads off with a single. Then Loney steps up and gets one also. Ethier pinch hitting and takes an 0-1 fastball over the left center field wall to make it 6-4.

/unenthusiastic monatone low voice lock on/ "deep fly ball to left center...that's a home run by by Eithier...boy, did the wind get ahold of that or not...that was more like a pop-up...Soriano didn't need that wind for his 2 homers, but Kemp and Ethier both hit high fly ball home runs." /unenthusiastic monatone low voice lock off/

They added another run later that inning. Furcal was on first and stole second. Moved over to 3nd on a ground ball by Pierre. Then scored on a passed ball.

Hell of a game boys. And I just want to say, I can't stand listening to these other teams homer announcers. I put what they said in quotes even though that wasn't exactly what they said. But it was very similar.

Astrass
09-06-2007, 07:10 PM
nice!! good win for them.....

Calif. Bronco
09-07-2007, 12:44 AM
And I just want to say, I can't stand listening to these other teams homer announcers. I put what they said in quotes even though that wasn't exactly what they said. But it was very similar.

You know, having the extra innings package on TV and XM Radio has shown me that there are a lot of really bad announcers out there. I mean there are some excellent ones also (Jon Miller with the evil Giants, Joe Castiglione with the Red Sox, etc.) but most of these guys are mediocre at best. And some, like the Cubs guys and the Phillies guys (not Harry Kalas but the other ones) are almost unlistenable.

I'm thinking we're pretty lucky out here to have had Scully for 55 years, plus Charlie Steiner (whose actually pretty good) the last few. Now if we could just send Rick Monday out to pasture... ;)

Medford Bronco
09-07-2007, 09:13 PM
The Dodgers are actually on ESPN tonight after the football game.

I am shocked but you know why they are on. All Barry all the time :rolleyes:

Calif. Bronco
09-09-2007, 09:28 AM
The Dodgers are actually on ESPN tonight after the football game.

I am shocked but you know why they are on. All Barry all the time :rolleyes:

Hope you didn't stay up late to watch that one Med - what a disgrace! :mad:

Oh well, at least they bounced back yesterday. :salute:

Medford Bronco
09-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Hope you didn't stay up late to watch that one Med - what a disgrace! :mad:

Oh well, at least they bounced back yesterday. :salute:

I guess the bullpen will keep this team out of the playoffs :mad:

very disappointing loss again by the bp.

Calif. Bronco
09-10-2007, 04:06 PM
I guess the bullpen will keep this team out of the playoffs :mad:

very disappointing loss again by the bp.

Yeah, remember the good old days when the bullpen was the strength of our team? :tsk:

Medford Bronco
09-10-2007, 10:26 PM
at least the Dodgers did not lose today :couch:

Medford Bronco
09-12-2007, 05:05 PM
If Jake Peavy made 35 starts vs LA he would
go probably 31-4.. This team is back to sucking.

:mad:

sneakers
09-13-2007, 05:45 AM
From The Onion:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/31617

Dodgers' Playoff Hopes Dashed Following Acquisition Of Belly Itcher

LOS ANGELES–Trailing the first-place Arizona Diamondbacks by three games in the National League West, the Los Angeles Dodgers dealt their own playoff chances a major blow Monday when they acquired belly itcher Shane Lesko from the Montreal Expos. "They're done for," said an unnamed NL general manager following the deal. "The Dodgers could have put themselves in terrific position for the stretch run by signing one more pitcher, but instead, they go and sign this guy." The general manager called it the worst move since the New York Mets' June 10 trade of pitcher John Franco to the Houston Astros for a glass of water.

Medford Bronco
09-13-2007, 06:59 PM
From The Onion:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/31617

that was funny sneakers :laugh:

the dodgers have very little chance of getting in with that pathetic offense they have...

Calif. Bronco
09-14-2007, 07:46 AM
that was funny sneakers :laugh:

the dodgers have very little chance of getting in with that pathetic offense they have...

I agree, both about the Onion article and our playoff chances. I think if the wins the last two nights prove anything, it's that they're just good enough to come close and break our hearts. :sad:

In-com-plete
09-16-2007, 12:19 AM
Startin' to come together boys. Startin' to come together.

Calif. Bronco
09-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Startin' to come together boys. Startin' to come together.

Yeah, I have to give them credit. This was, far and away, the biggest 6-game stretch of the season and so far they're 4-1. Now they just need to follow it up with a good road trip (to Colorado and Arizona) and I'll start to believe they may actually pull this off. :beer:

Oh, did you guys notice Tomko's line last night? 6 innings, 4 hits, 0 runs. :eek: Did that stiff ever have a game like that for us during his nearly two seasons here? :confused: :mad:

Medford Bronco
09-16-2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I have to give them credit. This was, far and away, the biggest 6-game stretch of the season and so far they're 4-1. Now they just need to follow it up with a good road trip (to Colorado and Arizona) and I'll start to believe they may actually pull this off. :beer:

Oh, did you guys notice Tomko's line last night? 6 innings, 4 hits, 0 runs. :eek: Did that stiff ever have a game like that for us during his nearly two seasons here? :confused: :mad:

Tomko is still a bum. One good start is pure luck IMO

They had to go and let us down today..

also notice it seems like Philly and Sd are on fire as well

oh well. That 3-13 stretch in July early August is gonna cost us the
playoffs. hey at least we aint the Devil Rays or Orioles, it could be much much worse. Still hoping for a 10-3 finish as I think that is our only chance to get in.

Calif. Bronco
09-18-2007, 07:59 AM
Still hoping for a 10-3 finish as I think that is our only chance to get in.

And even then you have to wonder - do the Padres ever lose? :confused:

Medford Bronco
09-18-2007, 08:17 AM
And even then you have to wonder - do the Padres ever lose? :confused:

Agree but the Pirates do suck though :ahhhhh:

at least their one good pitcher is going today

also the Phillies are en fuego as well

for LA to have a chance, a sweep is needed today. I am not holding my breath. :ahhhhh:

Calif. Bronco
09-19-2007, 07:30 AM
After yesterday's doubleheader sweep, it's time to officially cue up Dandy Don Meredith, IMHO:

"Turn out the lights, the season's over,
They say that all good things must end." :salute:

In-com-plete
09-19-2007, 09:55 AM
After yesterday's doubleheader sweep, it's time to officially cue up Dandy Don Meredith, IMHO:

"Turn out the lights, the season's over,
They say that all good things must end." :salute:

When you think about it, it was only 2 losses. But those felt like football losses if you know what I mean.

I agree Cali. At 5.5 out in the division and 4.5 out in the WC....it's over. :sad:

Calif. Bronco
10-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Let the Hot Stove League begin:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers31oct31,1,6819515.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-mlb-dodger

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

All that seems to stand in the way of us having a real manager for the first time in years is Frankie not "cheaping out" with Mattingly et. al.

Astrass
11-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Exciting stuff. And rumors of A-rod wanting to follow Torre as well. Though I don't see that happening. This town has only enough room for one monster ego....Kobe.

But yeah.....it would be nice to have some real management over here.

Medford Bronco
11-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Exciting stuff. And rumors of A-rod wanting to follow Torre as well. Though I don't see that happening. This town has only enough room for one monster ego....Kobe.

But yeah.....it would be nice to have some real management over here.

Huge improvement over clueless Grady Little

Med is happy :beer:

Astrass
11-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Yay, done deal..... Still got some work to do tho =P

Devilspawn
11-02-2007, 07:49 PM
lucky bastids. :tsk:

Medford Bronco
11-02-2007, 11:13 PM
lucky bastids. :tsk:

Cmon DS we want you as a fan. :salute:

It would be nice for DS and Med to be on the same side :D

Also your sig is en fuego as usual :cool:

Devilspawn
11-03-2007, 05:36 AM
Cmon DS we want you as a fan. :salute:

It would be nice for DS and Med to be on the same side :D

Also your sig is en fuego as usual :cool:

No, I am a fan. The Dodgers are now my 2nd favorite team solely because of Torre and Donnie Baseball, assuming he gets here. I ust wish the Dodgers also took our future owners Hank and Hal Steinbrenner, aka Homer Simpson and Krusty The Clown, with them.

In-com-plete
11-06-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm probably one of the few that could care less we got Torre. Always thought he was a little on the overrated side. Still probably an upgrade over Little, but no huge improvement.

I saw Steve Phillips (I think that's who it was) on ESPNews this morning talking about how we need more than just Torre. He thought we should move Pierre to left and make a play for Andruw Jones or Tori Hunter. Then we should start up the trade talks with the Marlins and try to get Cabrera. And last but not least, get Santana.

Now if say.....2 outta these 3 things happen, you think Torre has a little more to play with than Little?

Calif. Bronco
11-08-2007, 10:48 PM
I posted this over on BC too, but it is definately worth posting in both places so no true Dodger fan misses the opportunity to scream in disbelief:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3101211

Can someone please answer the simple question of why? :confused:

Medford Bronco
11-08-2007, 11:04 PM
I posted this over on BC too, but it is definately worth posting in both places so no true Dodger fan misses the opportunity to scream in disbelief:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3101211

Can someone please answer the simple question of why? :confused:

Its because we are looking for someone
to kick around to replace Tomko, since
he left

:lol:

In-com-plete
11-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Hell yeah! Chan Ho freakin' Park. He's one of my favorite pitchers of all time. I know I've talked about it on Broncomania, but that spin-kick he did to another pitcher after he was tagged out on a sacrifice bunt was quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen in a baseball game.

It's only a minor league deal. I believe he did the same thing with the Metropolitans last year. I saw him pitch when he got called up because the Mets had a ton of injuries to their staff.

Park pitched well.....for 3 innings. Then, the *hit hit the fan. I don't remember exactly what happenedm but it was like:
A homer followed by a walk.
Then a double.
Then a hit batter.
Then a single.
Then a walk.
Then the shower.

Maybe he comes back and pitches well. But I'm not expecting much.

Devilspawn
11-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Torre's bullpen management can be questioned at times, Plus, he doesn't have Mariano (not yet anyway) so it'll be interesting to see how he handles the L.A. bullpen. He was so spoiled with the Yankees middle relief early on that it came back to bite him when the Stantons, Nelsons, Lloyds and Mendozas were long gone and replaced with spotty performers. He may be a bit overrated, but there are not that many managers, if any managers in today's game, that can take a team to the postseason 12 straight years, despite the payroll.

Only time will tell, I hope he does great.

Medford Bronco
11-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Torre's bullpen management can be questioned at times, Plus, he doesn't have Mariano (not yet anyway) so it'll be interesting to see how he handles the L.A. bullpen. He was so spoiled with the Yankees middle relief early on that it came back to bite him when the Stantons, Nelsons, Lloyds and Mendozas were long gone and replaced with spotty performers. He may be a bit overrated, but there are not that many managers, if any managers in today's game, that can take a team to the postseason 12 straight years, despite the payroll.

Only time will tell, I hope he does great.

Actually DS the bullpen of the Dodgers is not bad

Saito is a very good closer and Broxton is a good set up man
None are Rivera but not too shabby if you ask me.

the real problem with LA is hitting. they have a pop gun
offense and need help. I hate Arod but it would not
be the worst signing for them as it might help them
actually score some more runs and not try to win every
game 4-3 or 3-2

Medford Bronco
12-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Finally LA did something to address their pop gun offense

Andruw Jones heading to Hollywood
Dodgers give center fielder 2-year, $36.2 million deal

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- All-Star center fielder Andruw Jones and the Los Angeles Dodgers reached a preliminary agreement Wednesday night on a two-year, $36.2 million contract, SI.com has confirmed.

Jones, the former Atlanta star who has won 10 straight Gold Gloves, must pass a physical for the agreement to be completed, a person familiar with the negotiations said, speaking on condition of anonymity because no announcement had been made.

Jones will receive a $12.2 million signing bonus, of which $5.1 million is payable next year, $2.1 million in 2009 and $5 million in 2010. He well get salaries of $9 million next year and $15 million in 2009, and also will receive a no-trade clause.

Jones' average annual salary of $18.1 million is fifth-highest in major league history. Only Roger Clemens ($28 million average), Alex Rodriguez ($25.2 million), Manny Ramirez ($20 million) and Derek Jeter ($18.9 million) have been paid more per season.

His agreement with the Dodgers was first reported by the Los Angeles Times on its Web site.

Scott Boras, his agent, wouldn't confirm the agreement but sounded as if a deal had fallen into place.

"Being on a competitive team was a very, very important part of his process," he said.

The Dodgers are expected to move Juan Pierre to left field, leaving Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier for right. The surplus of outfielders could make either Kemp or Ethier expendable.

Jones hit .222 this season, his lowest average since he batted .217 in 106 at-bats as a rookie in 1996. His 26 home runs were his fewest since 1997.

Had Jones finished with big numbers, he likely would have sought a longer-term agreement. Boras said there were really only two options when it came to length.

"Very, very long-term or very, very short term," he said. "Nothing in between."

Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti did not immediately return an e-mail seeking comment.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/12/06/dodgers.andruw/index.html#

Astrass
12-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Good!!!! Hope he rebounds from his at bat performance last year.

Benetto
01-31-2008, 08:27 AM
THANK GOD WE GOT JONES!!

What position is Juan moving to? Did he agree to move over to right or left field?

SoCalBronco
02-01-2008, 03:53 AM
THANK GOD WE GOT JONES!!

What position is Juan moving to? Did he agree to move over to right or left field?

I'm gonna wait n'see with our buddy AnDrew.J.
If he can brush off whatever the hell happened to him last seaon or not.

As for Juan (could take fielding tips from Little leaguers) Piere. Do we really HAVE to field him?

In-com-plete
02-04-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm gonna wait n'see with our buddy AnDrew.J.
If he can brush off whatever the hell happened to him last seaon or not.

As for Juan (could take fielding tips from Little leaguers) Piere. Do we really HAVE to field him?

Pierre signed a 5 year deal worth 45 million. He's got 4 years left worth about 37.5 mill. So yes, we do have to field him. But the good news is we have the most expensive #8 hitter in the history of MLB.

As for Andruw, his defense is gonna save us about 25-30 runs this season. And he'll be back offensively. That hyper-extended elbow he had last year killed him. Mark him down for about .280 with 40 HRs.

Goddamn I can't wait.

In-com-plete
02-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Which organization has a brighter future, the Dodgers or the Angels?

Ten years ago, that wasn't even worthy of discussion. The Dodgers were the kings of Southern California, but they haven't won the World Series in 20 years, they've won one playoff game in that time and they've lost their stronghold on baseball in that region. The Angels won the World Series in 2002, and they have made the playoffs four times in the last six years. They're the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, and they've officially caught the Dodgers.

The case for the Dodgers
A talented cast of young, major league players, led by catcher Russell Martin, first baseman James Loney and outfielder Matt Kemp, gives the Dodgers hope to contend in 2008 and beyond in what is now a pedestrian National League. New manager Joe Torre will blend the older and younger players, as he did so well in New York. Plus, he brings a cache to the job. He is the biggest name Dodgers manager since Tommy Lasorda. Torre and aggressive GM Ned Coletti have no interest in missing the playoffs two years in a row.

The farm system isn't as strong as it used to be partly because most of the best players are in the big leagues. Still, there is some talent below, led by left-hander Clayton Kershaw, who has a great future. There is a lot to like about the future of the Dodgers. They drew 3.8 million fans last year, 47,614 per game -- second only to the Yankees in each category. As always, their radio/TV package is among the best in the game. Their payroll of $125 million was the third highest in the game last year, and should be roughly the same this year. They may not own Southern California, but with Torre in charge, things are looking up.

The case for the Angels
The Angels are the team to beat again in the American League West thanks in part to their collection of young players, including Howie Kendrick, Casey Kotchman and Jered Weaver, combined with their veterans, led by Vladimir Guerrero. They have an owner in Arte Moreno who is pro-active, will spend money (though it appears he's close to his payroll budget of around $125 million) and is closely involved in player moves. New GM Tony Reagins is slightly more aggressive than predecessor Bill Stoneman, but Stoneman is working as a consultant for the team and still has input, so it's probably unlikely that the Angels will trade their best young kids.

The Angels system is not as deep as it once was, and the Angels weren't big spenders in the June draft. Still, there is talent in the minor leagues, led by right-hander Nick Adenhart and shortstop/third baseman Brandon Wood, whose development this year (he likely will begin the season at Triple-A) will be important. The Angels drew 3.3 million fans last year (41,551 per game, fifth best in the major leagues) and have a good radio/TV package. The Angels got bounced out of the postseason without winning even one game last season, but things are bright in Anaheim. And that's because manager Mike Scioscia might have a larger voice in organizational matters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frank (Seal Beach CA): Taking into account a weak AL West compared to a strong NL West and a relatively weak NL when compared to the AL - who do you think has a better shot of winning the World Series near term?

Tim Kurkjian: In the short term, I'm going to say the Angels have the better chance, even though they're in a much more difficult league and will have to get through the Red Sox, Tigers, and Yankees to even get to the world Series. I think the Angels' talent level is higher than the Dodgers' now, although not significantly higher. With the way baseball has gone the past few years especially, a lot of teams are capable of winning in the short term, including the Dodgers.

Kevin (Mansfield, MA): Tim, The Angels have made a bigger impact this offseason and I think they will contend more (especially given the Dodgers' division), but it seems that their future is dimmer because their team is aging, with Torii Hunter, Guerrero, Garrett Anderson, Colon, Matthews Jr. all having their best years behind them. Do you think that's a fair assessment?

Tim Kurkjian: I see what you're saying, but I'm just not ready to call Vlad old. I'm not ready to believe that Matthews isn't capable of being better than last year, and I think Torii Hunter has at least a few more good years in him. I know Guerrero's body has been beaten up in recent years, but I still think he has a monster year yet ahead.

Joe (Point Pleasant, NJ): Joe Torre has considerable experience dealing with veteran teams. How do you think he will manage the Dodgers this year with a more youthful lineup?

Tim Kurkjian: I think Joe Torre is one of the best I've ever seen at dealing with people and putting players in a position to succeed. Tino Martinez once told me that he was in a slump early on in his career in New York. Torre called him in his office. Tino thought he was going to get benched. Instead, Torre gave him the name of a great Italian restaurant, told him to go there, forget about everything, and relax. Tino told me he came out of the slump the next day. Those are the kind of things Joe Torre does, and I think he will do much the same with the Dodgers.

Paul (Whittier CA): What do you make of the surplus of outfielders with the Dodgers? Do you feel that one will get traded before the start of the season?

Tim Kurkjian: I can see the Dodgers making a deal for Andre Ethier, because they do have one too many outfielders. A former Dodger told me that now is the time to trade Matt Kemp, because he's so coveted, you might get a good deal for him. Personally, I might hang on to Matt Kemp and see if he develops into a player that many think he will become.

Lou G.: with the addition of Garland, how do you compare the 2 teams' starting rotation?

Tim Kurkjian: I think the Angels' rotation is slightly better than the Dodgers because it is certainly healthier. If the Dodgers can get Jason Schmidt back and healthy for a full season, and if Hiroki Kuroda is as good as some people have told me, then the Dodger rotation could be as good if not better than the Angels'. Either way, if the Dodger rotation is healthy, both teams will have excellent starting pitching this year.

Peter (Silver City, MS): Much has been made of the lack of power in the Dodgers line-up in recent years. But I remember the Cardinals doing quite well with little power in the '80s. How do you think the Dodgers will do with only one legit power hitter?

Tim Kurkjian: The Dodgers have finished higher than 8th in runs scored in the NL only one time in the last ten years. They have had a power shortage for some time, and they still have one right now. Andruw Jones will be a huge addition to them if he returns to the Andruw Jones form of two or three years ago. It's one thing to have a bunch of good hitters in your lineup, but in today's baseball, you have to have a truly productive, really dangerous power guy in the middle of the order if you're gonna win consistently.

Matt (Texas): Do you think Kershaw gets a shot this year?

Tim Kurkjian: I think we'll see him in the big leagues at some point this year, but my guess is later rather than sooner. The Dodgers, as you said, have plenty of starters, and there's no reason to rush this kid before he's ready. Everyone I've talked to about him thinks he'll be terrific someday, and he's not that far from ready.

Matt (Miaaion Viejo, CA): Are the Angels ever going to get the big bat to protect Vladdy? Do they really believe Hunter is the answer?

Tim Kurkjian: I don't think Hunter is the answer to protect Vlad. He's not the big-time hitter they need. That was Alex Rodriguez and Miguel Cabrera. Even though they made a run at both, they didn't come up with either one. That could be a problem again for the Angels. But with Hunter, a comeback year from Matthews, and even more production from a healthy Kendrick and Kotchman, they should score enough runs to win the AL West.

Ryan (Walnut Creek, CA): Tim, do you see the Dodgers playing 3rd base by platoon with La Roche and Nomar? Or will someone win the job out right?

Tim Kurkjian: I don't think they'll platoon at third. I think they'll give LaRoche a chance to win the everyday job in ST, but one Dodger told me he wasn't as good defensively as the Dodgers had hoped. Nomar, on the other hand, has had a tremenous amount of trouble staying healthy, and according to one scout, his bat slowed last year. Third base is a question mark for the Dodgers. It could be a productive position, or it could be a hole.

Dave (Dallas): Brandon Wood...how critical is this year in AAA for him to show that he can limit his strikeouts? If he can't, what's his potential (offensively)?

Tim Kurkjian: This is a very important year for Wood. Chances are he'll start the season at AAA, but it's possible at some point this year that he could be the starting shortstop or third baseman for the Angels. His potential is still great, but you're right; he has to make more contact. Really good hitters mature as they go along and the K rates for them generally go down. I think that would be the case for him, but he's going to need some extended play in the big leagues to see if he can do that.

Dave (CT): Who is set up better now for the 8th and 9th innings? The Dodgers with Broxton and Saito or the Angels with Shields and KRod?

Tim Kurkjian: That's a really close one. Saito has been terrific for a couple of years, and Broxton is good enough to close in the big leagues. Shields had some problems last year, but seemed to get them fixed, and K-Rod may not be as filthy as he's ever been, but he's still pretty good. Both teams have things pretty well convered in the late innings.

Matt (Brooklyn, NY): Garrett Anderson came on strong in the second half when he got healthy. Do you think he has much left and do you think he is a Hall of Famer?

Tim Kurkjian: I think Garrett Anderson has quite a bit left, but I don't think he'll be the hitter that he was from 2000-2003, when he had his very best seasons. As for the Hall of Fame, he's still got a long way to go. He might need to get very close to 3,000 hits to get in, and that will require another 800 hits. I'm not sure he's got that much left.

Jacob (ME): Who has a better chance to win a CY over the next few years- John Lackey or Brad Penny?

Tim Kurkjian: I'll say Lackey. He was at worst, the third-best pitcher in the league last year and not very far behind the Cy Young winner C.C. Sabathia. People forget how young Lackey still is because he came up so quickly and made such a huge impact right away. His ERA last year in the very difficult A.L. suggests to me that he has a better chance than Brad Penny to win the Cy.

Tim Kurkjian: Thanks for logging in, and I can't wait to get to spring training.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=19069

Calif. Bronco
02-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Have you guys seen this site?

http://www.sonsofstevegarvey.com/

It's not the place to go for anything super-factual or anything, but they do sometimes have some pretty decent takes. It's a lot like the one they have for the Red Sox (Boston Dirt Dogs I think they call it?)

In-com-plete
03-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Our #5 starter this year:

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080305&content_id=2406343&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=la

And there's a cool pic of Strawberry in that link also.

Medford Bronco
03-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Our #5 starter this year:

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080305&content_id=2406343&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=la

And there's a cool pic of Strawberry in that link also.

I hope he drinks the fountain of youth and be like he was in 2000 or so

In-com-plete
03-11-2008, 07:35 AM
Three perfect innings with one K yesterday.

Way to go...Chan Ho!

:cool:

In-com-plete
04-02-2008, 11:16 AM
I just want to know...how do you score from second base on an infield single? This ain't Major League!

BTW, in Major League Willie "Mays" Hayes was stealing third. Furcal wasn't.

Benetto
04-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Lets go for 3-0 baby!! I was at the game last night...No one left before the walk off hit (error by durham). Very rare to see people stay at a Dodger game all 9 innings. Also very strange to be at a Dodgers/Giants game, and not chant "BARRY SUCKS"...

Traffic was a killer...

CoachChaz
04-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Can someone please explain to me why everyone hates Pierre and no one wants him on the team?

All he did last year was steal 64 bases. He averages 55 a year. Has a career OBP of almost .350. Averages 100 runs a year. Averages 197 hits a year. Has the same career average against LHP and RHP. He's only 30 years old and his career fielding % is .001 lower than fatass Andruw Jones.

Benetto
04-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Can someone please explain to me why everyone hates Pierre and no one wants him on the team?

All he did last year was steal 64 bases. He averages 55 a year. Has a career OBP of almost .350. Averages 100 runs a year. Averages 197 hits a year. Has the same career average against LHP and RHP. He's only 30 years old and his career fielding % is .001 lower than fatass Andruw Jones.
Everyone is a jackass, Chaz....It might also be because Juan always gets base hits...Never anything else.

CoachChaz
04-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Everyone is a jackass, Chaz....It might also be because Juan always gets base hits...Never anything else.

I guess I never understood the idea that a player that just gets on base and does all the little things isn't as exciting as the one that hits a long ball every once in awhile.

In-com-plete
04-02-2008, 02:01 PM

Dude, I love Juan Pierre. I was right handed version of him growing up. Speed, no arm strength, and zero power. But he's not helping the team at all.

I watched over a hundred Dodger games last year and both so far this year. Andruw Jones has saved 1 run that Pierre wouldn't have. And having Eithier in left Monday instead of Pierre saved atleast 2 runs.

Example:
Runners on 1st and 2nd last night with a full count and 2 outs. Benji Molina is on 2nd and is moving on the pitch. Can't remember who hit it (Rowand maybe), but it was a ground ball base hit up the middle. Molina got held up by the 3rd base coach. I honestly don't remember a 3rd base coach holding a runner like that all last season with Pierre in center. Now, that one run could have been key last night. We may have even lost. Who knows?

Now, Jones and Pierre have pretty much the same career OBP. .006 in favor of Pierre. You add the power Andruw brings and the 10 gold gloves, it's a no brainer. And if you want to bench Ethier or Kemp that's crazy to. Sure Kemp's no Francoeur in right, but his bat is so much better. Same goes for Ethier, but he's actually a pretty good defensive outfielder.

I can't answer for everyone else, but I in no way hate Pierre. I admire the guy. But the other 2 outfielders have a lot more potential, with the same OBP, more power, and better defense.

What I hate, is the FO for signing him to a 5 year $45 million deal. And I was against bringing in a second leadoff hitter last year. Thought he was just a more expensive version of our '06 centerfielder (Lofton).

CoachChaz
04-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Dude, I love Juan Pierre. I was right handed version of him growing up. Speed, no arm strength, and zero power. But he's not helping the team at all.

I watched over a hundred Dodger games last year and both so far this year. Andruw Jones has saved 1 run that Pierre wouldn't have. And having Eithier in left Monday instead of Pierre saved atleast 2 runs.

Example:
Runners on 1st and 2nd last night with a full count and 2 outs. Benji Molina is on 2nd and is moving on the pitch. Can't remember who hit it (Rowand maybe), but it was a ground ball base hit up the middle. Molina got held up by the 3rd base coach. I honestly don't remember a 3rd base coach holding a runner like that all last season with Pierre in center. Now, that one run could have been key last night. We may have even lost. Who knows?

Now, Jones and Pierre have pretty much the same career OBP. .006 in favor of Pierre. You add the power Andruw brings and the 10 gold gloves, it's a no brainer. And if you want to bench Ethier or Kemp that's crazy to. Sure Kemp's no Francoeur in right, but his bat is so much better. Same goes for Ethier, but he's actually a pretty good defensive outfielder.

I can't answer for everyone else, but I in no way hate Pierre. I admire the guy. But the other 2 outfielders have a lot more potential, with the same OBP, more power, and better defense.

What I hate, is the FO for signing him to a 5 year $45 million deal. And I was against bringing in a second leadoff hitter last year. Thought he was just a more expensive version of our '06 centerfielder (Lofton).

Pierre offers a threat on the bases that Jones doesn't. not to mention, jones got his big contract coming off of a very average year AND he is nowhere near the CF he use to be. If Kemp and Ethier are the future...why sign Jones? I can't remember who said it, but someone here said that LA runs the team as if they were in the AL and could use the DH.

In-com-plete
04-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Ladies & gentlemen, Kuroda is the real deal. 5 innings in and he looks to be the best #4 we've ever had.

Medford Bronco
04-07-2008, 09:09 AM
4-2 is mot bad so far. I will take it :cheers:

Benetto
04-07-2008, 11:33 AM
I'd rather have 6-0. We need Jones to freakin step up. He went something like 0 for 8 at bats.

In-com-plete
04-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Even though we're not hitting (it'll come around), I'm estatic about the pitching. Only problem is Loaiza's on the hill tonight. I fully expect to see my boy Chan Ho around the 4th.

The one thing I'm really not happy with the way the lineup changes every day. I understand it's gonna get juggled when Kent's on the bench. But if Pierre is playing he should bat 8th. If Kemp's playing, he should hit 7th. The rest should be the same each day IMO.

And how about facing Peavy, Young, and Haren over 3 days? I guess it could be worse. Webb instead of Haren.

Medford Bronco
04-10-2008, 02:14 PM
some things never change.

dodgers have decent pitching but cant hit :target:

CoachChaz
04-10-2008, 02:23 PM
some things never change.

dodgers have decent pitching but cant hit :target:

With that lineup...I have no problem assuming they will eventually come around.

MOtorboat
04-10-2008, 02:33 PM
With that lineup...I have no problem assuming they will eventually come around.

You have to figure Kemp, Martin and Jones have to pick it up. Martin and Jones are proven hitters. Also have to remember, (I loved this analogy), if you were looking at it like a football season, you would have played one half of one game now.

CoachChaz
04-10-2008, 02:34 PM
You have to figure Kemp, Martin and Jones have to pick it up. Martin and Jones are proven hitters. Also have to remember, (I loved this analogy), if you were looking at it like a football season, you would have played one half of one game now.

I've never been sold on Kemp and I really don't think the Dodgers are either. Let this slide continue a little longer and Pierre will be in the line up with Kemp and Ethier platooning.

Jones will get his HR's eventually, but he's always been a streaky hitter.

In-com-plete
04-10-2008, 03:19 PM
I've never been sold on Kemp and I really don't think the Dodgers are either. Let this slide continue a little longer and Pierre will be in the line up with Kemp and Ethier platooning.

Jones will get his HR's eventually, but he's always been a streaky hitter.

Kemp is like...the Brandon Marshall of the Dodgers.

This "slide" isn't about to last. I wouldn't even call it a slide. Sure he struck out once yesterday, but he hit the ball hard his other three ABs. Twice at the SS and once for a hit.

The guy can mash. Period. Like an Adam Dunn only with a higher average, less walks, and less HRs.

Benetto
04-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Kemp is like...the Brandon Marshall of the Dodgers.

This "slide" isn't about to last. I wouldn't even call it a slide. Sure he struck out once yesterday, but he hit the ball hard his other three ABs. Twice at the SS and once for a hit.

The guy can mash. Period. Like an Adam Dunn only with a higher average, less walks, and less HRs.

Don't forget to mention how freakin fast he is for a big guy...Moves like a jack-rabbit on the bases.

In-com-plete
04-13-2008, 12:08 AM
Don't forget to mention how freakin fast he is for a big guy...Moves like a jack-rabbit on the bases.

I know he doesn't hit a ton of home runs, but every time he's up I just feel like he's gonna hit one. But he is fast as hell. I'd say he's probably the 3rd fastest on the team behind Pierre and Furcal.

He's 6 for 12 with a triple and a dong since monday.

And how about that bomb he hit tonight? Oppo...in LA...at night. Is that even possible?

In-com-plete
04-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Kemp's now has 9 hits including a bomb and 2 triples with 2 RBIs, 6 runs, and a stolen base in his last 21 plate appearances.

What do you say we keep him in the lineup, huh Joe Torre?

The Brandon Marshall of the Dodgers! :laugh:

CoachChaz
04-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Well, he's looking better than Jones lately, but still not as good as Ethier. Maybe I'm wrong and he turns into a stud, but for now, I still think he'll be average.

In-com-plete
04-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Well, he's looking better than Jones lately, but still not as good as Ethier. Maybe I'm wrong and he turns into a stud, but for now, I still think he'll be average.

Andruw is 3 for his last 7. He had one hit Monday night (a swinging bunt). But last night he had 2 hits that I never even saw as I fell asleep about 9 o'clock my time.

Maybe I'll have to do that tonight also. Maybe the reason Andruw wasn't hitting was because he couldn't concentrate for me yelling at my TV for him to finally start earning his money. :confused:

In-com-plete
04-18-2008, 08:34 AM
3 game series against the ATL and we don't have to face Hudson or Smoltz. :cool:

Medford Bronco
04-18-2008, 10:43 AM
3 game series against the ATL and we don't have to face Hudson or Smoltz. :cool:

and TBS does not cover it like before :mad:

MOtorboat
04-18-2008, 11:25 AM
and TBS does not cover it like before :mad:

Yeah, stupid...only Friday night game for me is the Royals, and they don't start till 9...and the ONLY game on tomorrow is whatever Fox decides to show, I'm sure it will be one of Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals, Cubs, White Sox...because that's all it ever is...

Can't wait for Sunday...TBS/WGN/Fox Sports/ESPN...four games...

In-com-plete
04-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Last year was the first year I got the MLB package and now it's like Sunday Ticket. I can't imagine not getting it now.

Especially since they now show the game on 2 different channels depending on if both teams are broadcasting the game. So now I can listen to Vin Sculley instead of Mark Grace bitching about every borderline pitch the D-backs don't get. And I don't have to hear the Padres guys talk about how much better Kahlil Greene is than Furcal. Or the Rockies guys go on and on about Tulo's arm strength...when they rarely even talk about it when the Rockies are playing any other team.

The only thing that sucks is Vin Sculley doesn't travel east of the Rocky Mtns. So I'm gonna have to listen to some of these other hack homers.

Medford Bronco
04-18-2008, 12:05 PM
Last year was the first year I got the MLB package and now it's like Sunday Ticket. I can't imagine not getting it now.

Especially since they now show the game on 2 different channels depending on if both teams are broadcasting the game. So now I can listen to Vin Sculley instead of Mark Grace bitching about every borderline pitch the D-backs don't get. And I don't have to hear the Padres guys talk about how much better Kahlil Greene is than Furcal. Or the Rockies guys go on and on about Tulo's arm strength...when they rarely even talk about it when the Rockies are playing any other team.

The only thing that sucks is Vin Sculley doesn't travel east of the Rocky Mtns. So I'm gonna have to listen to some of these other hack homers.

I can get it if you want to pay buddy:salute:

JK

too poor now :mad: that is what kids will do :lol:

CoachChaz
04-18-2008, 12:06 PM
I have to enjoy what I can this weekend. Next weekend I have to work security ALL weekend. Can't even watch the draft.

In-com-plete
04-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Man. I didnt' even realize the draft was next weekend. Haven't done any homework at all on it this year like in years past.

And here I was gonna head up to DC to catch the Cubs/Nats game next Saturday. Screw that.

CoachChaz
04-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Man. I didnt' even realize the draft was next weekend. Haven't done any homework at all on it this year like in years past.

And here I was gonna head up to DC to catch the Cubs/Nats game next Saturday. Screw that.

Live baseball game or day 2 of the draft....dude...get your ass to the game.

In-com-plete
04-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Live baseball game or day 2 of the draft....dude...get your ass to the game.

No, it was Saturday when I was planning on going. Sunday is either gonna be a round of golf or a day of motorcycle riding. :D

Medford Bronco
04-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Like I have said this team cant hit good enough to win consistently

7-10 is bad and no hit as usual for the most part with some exceptions.

I am frustrated with Andrew Jones. He looks like crap now :mad:

MOtorboat
04-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Like I have said this team cant hit good enough to win consistently

7-10 is bad and no hit as usual for the most part with some exceptions.

I am frustrated with Andrew Jones. He looks like crap now :mad:

That team will hit, I wouldn't worry about that.

CoachChaz
04-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Too much meat in that lineup not to hit. Jones got his first homer, so lets see if it reminds him of anything

In-com-plete
04-20-2008, 03:29 PM
I can't remember the numbers, but Thursday night some stat came up about the Dodgers in that Pirates series with runners on base or in scoring position. They were batting .500!

Granted that was Pittsburgh, but this series we've been horrible. Pierre on 2nd with nobody out. Or Pierre on 3rd with 1 out and we can't get him across.

1 run Friday
1 run Saturday
1 run Sunday though 8 with the bottom 3rd due up in the 9th

Atleast you got to see the Dodgers play today huh Med. :eek:

Medford Bronco
04-21-2008, 09:27 AM
We look shaky so far :mad:

oh well.

CoachChaz
04-21-2008, 09:36 AM
We look shaky so far :mad:

oh well.

And my orioles look pretty good so far. Trust me...it's a long season and things WILL change

MOtorboat
04-21-2008, 09:38 AM
And my orioles look pretty good so far. Trust me...it's a long season and things WILL change

We just got through the first game...if you look at it like an NFL schedule...and we all thought the Broncos would be pretty decent.

CoachChaz
04-21-2008, 09:44 AM
We just got through the first game...if you look at it like an NFL schedule...and we all thought the Broncos would be pretty decent.

Even if the Marlins and Royals were in the AL East instead of the Yanks and Sox...I wouldn't expect Baltimore to finish any better than 3rd.

Medford Bronco
04-21-2008, 10:30 AM

I agree but the last 5 or 6 years the Dodgers have struggled to hit.

I do not see any reason to think otherwise until its proven to me.

so far so good on your Os.
I like Boston as well and think the Os can push them this year for the first time in a while. we shall see.

one thing is for certain the "Rays" still suck

MOtorboat
04-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Even if the Marlins and Royals were in the AL East instead of the Yanks and Sox...I wouldn't expect Baltimore to finish any better than 3rd.

Florida is playing pretty good right now.

Medford Bronco
04-23-2008, 08:28 AM
Oh well the 9 runs the day before were too many to score so
back to the inconsistent offense. :mad:

Medford Bronco
04-30-2008, 11:25 AM
Dodgers look better, I hope it lasts :salute:

DenverBronkHoes
04-30-2008, 07:35 PM
torre is a HACK!!!!

In-com-plete
05-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Kemp's now has 9 hits including a bomb and 2 triples with 2 RBIs, 6 runs, and a stolen base in his last 21 plate appearances.

What do you say we keep him in the lineup, huh Joe Torre?

The Brandon Marshall of the Dodgers! :laugh:

Kemp is 14 for 38 (.368) with a HR, 4 doubles, 3 SBs, 3 BBs, 12 RBI's & 7 runs in the last 9 games. All of which are games I believe he's started. And none of these stats overlap the stats I quoted above.

And I want to say, thank you for keeping Kemp in the lineup Joe Torre.

MOtorboat
05-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Kemp is 14 for 38 (.368) with a HR, 4 doubles, 3 SBs, 3 BBs, 12 RBI's & 7 runs in the last 9 games. All of which are games I believe he's started. And none of these stats overlap the stats I quoted above.

And I want to say, thank you for keeping Kemp in the lineup Joe Torre.

So...these guys CAN hit...:cool:

In-com-plete
05-01-2008, 08:56 AM
So...these guys CAN hit...:cool:

Not that chubby 10 or 12 time gold glove centerfielder.

He ain't worth a damn!

MOtorboat
05-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Not that chubby 10 or 12 time gold glove centerfielder.

He ain't worth a damn!

He'll hit...

CoachChaz
05-01-2008, 09:56 AM
He'll hit...

...about .228 with 25 HR.

But he'll hit.

Medford Bronco
05-01-2008, 10:02 AM
...about .228 with 25 HR.

But he'll hit.

dont forget 175 strikeouts :laugh:

Glad LA looks better but damn Arizona never loses:tsk:

CoachChaz
05-01-2008, 10:08 AM
dont forget 175 strikeouts :laugh:

Glad LA looks better but damn Arizona never loses:tsk:

Arizona is tough. Solid lineup and a badass rotation. They'll be tough to beat.

MOtorboat
05-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Arizona is tough. Solid lineup and a badass rotation. They'll be tough to beat.

They are good.

And freakin' Micah Owings...pinch hit home run Gibson-style :eek:

CoachChaz
05-01-2008, 10:13 AM
They are good.

And freakin' Micah Owings...pinch hit home run Gibson-style :eek:

I love it when pitchers come in to pinch hit and win a game.

MOtorboat
05-01-2008, 10:30 AM
I love it when pitchers come in to pinch hit and win a game.

If he were in the American League, I'd think about DHing him at least two of his four off-days in between starts...

CoachChaz
05-01-2008, 10:36 AM
If he were in the American League, I'd think about DHing him at least two of his four off-days in between starts...

That's been done before as well. The Yankees did it with someone...I just can't remember his name right off. There is no doubt that guys like Owings, Zambrano, Maddux, etc. would be good hitters. Hell...look at what Ankiel is doing as a full time player.

MOtorboat
05-01-2008, 10:36 AM
That's been done before as well. The Yankees did it with someone...I just can't remember his name right off. There is no doubt that guys like Owings, Zambrano, Maddux, etc. would be good hitters. Hell...look at what Ankiel is doing as a full time player.

Mike Stodolka with the Royals is a pitcher-first base convert...probably not at a major league level...but still...

CoachChaz
05-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Mike Stodolka with the Royals is a pitcher-first base convert...probably not at a major league level...but still...

I think there are alot of pitchers that could be regular hitters in KC right now.

CoachChaz
05-01-2008, 10:44 AM
...and probably alot of hitters that could be starting pitchers in Baltimore.

Medford Bronco
05-01-2008, 12:01 PM

It might have been Rick Rhoden or Tim Lollar as both were excellent
hitters as pitchers.

CoachChaz
05-01-2008, 12:17 PM
It might have been Rick Rhoden or Tim Lollar as both were excellent
hitters as pitchers.

I don't think it was either of them.

Oh...David Cone. he was a really good hitter. he's the one that DH'd for the Yankees one night. Went like 0-4, but had a sac fly.

BroncoAV06
05-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Saw the Las Vegas 51's yesterday, Isotopes beat them 18-16, both teams had at least one inning in which they batted around and everyone scored at least one run. Crazy ball game. Topes were up 17-6 and then the 51's had a 10 run 6th inning! Andy LaRoach looked good rehabing his thumb, had a HR blast to center went 407 ft.

In-com-plete
05-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Kemp just had an RBI single in the top of the ninth. It's now 4-3 Dodgers with runners on 1st and 2nd with one out and Russell batting.

Edit:
And Kemp stole second btw.

CoachChaz
05-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Maybe Kemp ends up being better than I thought.

In-com-plete
05-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Guess who got NL Player of the Week (http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080505&content_id=2646110&vkey=news_la&fext=.jsp&c_id=la) for last week. :cool:

CoachChaz
05-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Guess who got NL Player of the Week (http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080505&content_id=2646110&vkey=news_la&fext=.jsp&c_id=la) for last week. :cool:

Sure as hell wasn't Andruw jones.

Medford Bronco
05-07-2008, 12:38 AM
nice comeback tonight boys

boy they have won 10 out of 11. I NEVER saw this coming.

you guys were all correct in the offense waking up. I was just too pessimistic looking at historical data of how we struggle to score runs......

I hope we can keep this up all season as Arizona is very good IMO..

I think SF sucks but the Pad and Rox will get better guaranteed. they are better than they have done so far but are they good enough?

CoachChaz
05-07-2008, 07:09 AM
When it comes to a combination of pitching and hitting, it's close between LA and Arizona. But I think the Dodgers get the nod in the experience department. Not to mention, they are led by Joe Torre. Nothing against Melvin, but....it's Joe Torre.

In-com-plete
05-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Torre or Little or Jim Tracy. We always have our little 10 or 12 game winning streak or go on a 17 out of 20 tear in May then lose it in August or September.

Maybe Torre's the one who can prevent the late season slide. I just have to see it to believe it.

Either way, I expect them to hang around the wild card all season. Even if they do slide.

Benetto
05-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Little is/was the worst Skipper in the MLB. JMHO..Jim Tracy isn't far behind him.

Medford Bronco
05-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Little is/was the worst Skipper in the MLB. JMHO..Jim Tracy isn't far behind him.

Little was a chooch

he did not know his ass from his elbow :lol:

Medford Bronco
05-07-2008, 05:34 PM
I guess our streak had to end sometime. Oh well.

DenverBronkHoes
05-08-2008, 12:12 AM
wheres Benetto with his Joe Torre Autographed Tighty Whitees from K-Mart...... fully equipped with the famous "Skidmark Del Torre" on the back....

u guys got bam-booooozzled today boy....

and how are those trusty marlins doing with their 25 million dollar payroll?

1st place

In-com-plete
05-08-2008, 06:19 AM
wheres Benetto with his Joe Torre Autographed Tighty Whitees from K-Mart...... fully equipped with the famous "Skidmark Del Torre" on the back....

1st place

Didn't we (the Dodgers) sweep the Marlins a week ago?

In Florida.

Natedog24
05-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Esteban Loaiza has been placed on the 15 day DL, and it looks like the Dodgers will be replacing him with Yhency Brazoban. I heard a lot of speculation that they might replace Loaiza with Kershaw but it looks like we will wait a little longer before the number 1 pitching prospect in baseball gets the call up, which I think is the right move.

With the addition of Brazoban, the Dodgers may have the most overweight pitching staff in baseball history...

Medford Bronco
05-08-2008, 05:58 PM

1st place

you mean one loss which means that we are 10-2 in our last 12.

we basically have the same record as FLA 19-15 vs 19-14

check back in about 20 games or so then re-assess.

Medford Bronco
05-11-2008, 06:44 PM
this team is still too inconsistent for my liking. to get swept at home vs Houston is unacceptable IMO.

I see 85 wins max. sorry I am pessimistic I just think we are too streaky for winning over 90 games. as usual I am wrong a lot though " ;)

Medford Bronco
05-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Intersesting Article on Dodger Pitching prospect Clayton Kershaw.

MOBILE, Ala. – The theme of the day is worship, and the chaplain at the front of the room hopes the six young men sitting in front of him understand its importance.

“We need to worship,” Bobby Butler says in his shrimp-and-grits voice. “We want to worship. I want to worship.”

One of the men is Clayton Kershaw, and the lesson rings familiar. He is a believer. He is also believed in. It’s not that people worship Kershaw, exactly. It’s just that he is a 20-year-old left-handed pitcher playing at Double-A Jacksonville in the Los Angeles Dodgers organization with a fastball that crackles at 97 mph and a curveball that, hyperbole aside, is probably the best in the world, and for those reasons, people worship the idea of him: of limitless potential, of youth unshackled, of the unknown and unseen.

“Let’s have a word of prayer,” Butler says.

Seven heads bow. It’s Sunday, and 24 hours from now, Kershaw will make one of the most important starts of his career, against the Mobile BayBears. If he pitches well, the Dodgers will consider calling him up to the major leagues and making him the youngest pitcher to debut since Felix Hernandez in 2005 and the third youngest this decade.

Kershaw closes his eyes and listens as the smoke detector in this spare room at Hank Aaron Stadium, in need of a new battery, provides the melody for Butler’s final thoughts.

“So Lord.”

Beep

“Look over these boys in their travel.”

Beep

“And always remember.”

Beep

“It’s OK to worship.”

There is the great prospect, and there is the great prospect. The two are entirely different beasts. Great prospects excite fans. Great ones turn them rabid, hungry for information, minutiae, minor-league box scores. Scouts one up each other with plaudits, as though they’re critics trying to get quotes on movie posters. Executives blanch, proud the kid is in their organization, wary of creating excessive expectations, trying to toe the middle and almost always failing to do so.

Clayton Kershaw is a great prospect. On March 9, the world found out why.

In the press box at Vero Beach, Fla., sat Vin Scully, the Hall of Fame announcer who, at 80, still turns phrases and gilds them with his mellifluous voice. On the field stood Kershaw, 19 at the time, in his second spring training appearance with the Dodgers. He had retired the first two Boston batters when up stepped Sean Casey, a lifetime .300 hitter and a difficult mark for strikeout pitchers. Kershaw worked the count to two strikes before he unfurled one of those curveballs.

Kershaw pitched against the Red Sox on March 30, 2008.
(Lisa Blumenfeld/Getty Images)

Casey had never seen a pitch like it. His knees jellied. The ball moved like a magic bullet, starting behind him, ending up flush in the strike zone. Scully, who has been broadcasting for 59 years, at first offered nothing more than a guttural noise of incredulity before bestowing a nickname that should stick.

“Holy mackerel,” Scully said. “He just broke off Public Enemy No. 1.”

The legend of Kershaw’s curveball spread around Dodgertown that day, each tale a little more exaggerated than the previous. Witnesses told stories to those who missed it, and from thereon, everybody made sure that the next time Kershaw was scheduled to pitch their work for the day was done.

For the rest of the spring, they saw near perfection. Kershaw threw 14 consecutive scoreless innings, struck out 19 and, as Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti says, “looked like he could pitch opening day.”

All of the Dodgers’ work scouting Kershaw had borne an orchid. They knew of him long before the mercy-ruled perfect game in high school when he struck out all 15 hitters, and they chose him with the seventh overall pick in the 2006 draft out of Highland Park, Texas, and gave him $2.3 million.

“We hoped we got Sandy Koufax, because when you’re out there drafting, you’re praying,” says Logan White, a Dodgers assistant general manager and then-scouting director. “You hope for a Sandy Koufax or Nolan Ryan. Whether Clayton will sniff an element of Sandy, there’s a lot of years.”

Two days after Public Enemy No. 1 arrived, Koufax visited Dodgers camp. He watched Kershaw throw a bullpen session and offered a few tips. And then the best left-handed pitcher ever, the one who created hysteria before it was de rigueur, told Kershaw to stay healthy, because the way he threw the ball, there was no way the Dodgers could keep him in the minor leagues much longer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The decision is never easy.

Bring him up.

No, keep him down.

But he can help the Dodgers win now.

You don’t want to ruin him by rushing him.

It’s defeatist to think like that.

Well, it’s naïve to think otherwise.

“We have to be fair to the player and fair to the organization,” Colletti says.

Devil’s advocacy was prevalent this week at Dodger Stadium. With Esteban Loaiza on the disabled list, the Dodgers need a starter for Saturday, and Kershaw, with a 1.08 earned-run average in his first six starts, makes sense. He’s better than Chan Ho Park, and Hong-Chih Kuo has been so good out of the bullpen, why mess with that?

Six days before that open rotation spot gets filled, Kershaw is watching an NBA playoff game. He knows the Dodgers might summon him, that they’re sending Bill Lajoie, Colletti’s top advisor, to his next start, and that they want him to throw more changeups.

“If you start hearing all the injury reports and listening to the rumors, it’s going to drive you crazy,” Kershaw says. “What will ultimately dictate when I get up there is how well I pitch here. I’m trying to take care of that right now. I’ve got a start, and we’ll see how it goes. If it happens, great. If not, I’ll keep going.”

Kershaw’s minor league stats Year Team W L ERA G GS IP H R ER HR BB SO
2006 GCL Dodgers 2 0 1.95 10 8 37 28 10 8 0 5 54
2007 Great Lakes Loons 7 5 2.77 20 20 97.1 72 39 30 5 50 134
2007 Jacksonville Suns 1 2 3.65 5 5 24.2 17 13 10 4 17 29
2008 Jacksonville Suns 0 3 2.21 8 7 36.2 28 13 9 0 11 40

Total 10 10 2.63 43 40 195.2 145 75 57 9 83 257

Of the things Dodgers executives love about Kershaw, his humility ranks with his curveball. He’s not so much aw-shucks as awww, shy around strangers, polite as a soft breeze. He’s definitely not L.A. He’ll wear cowboy boots before suits. He listens to Christian rock and says he doesn’t drink. He’s had the same girlfriend for years. Kershaw can’t watch “The Natural” enough, and he finds no irony in that.

Even the name – Clayton Kershaw – smells like Stetson.

“Yeah, but as soon as somebody mentions his name,” Jacksonville pitching coach Glenn Dishman says, “everybody immediately breaks into a huge smile.”

On cue, Dishman grins and cranes his neck toward the third-base line, where Kershaw is throwing with a teammate. Brent Leach jumps twice and shakes his glove hand. He drew the unfortunate assignment of playing catch with Kershaw, which comes with a free visit to the trainer’s room.

“It always comes good out of his hand,” Leach says. “It jumps, and you can never tell when that jump’s going to come. He’s special, man. Special. They say once in a lifetime you see a freak? He’s my freak. And I’m enjoying watching him as long as I can.”

Which might not be much longer. At the beginning of the season, Kershaw made sure to get a month-to-month lease in Jacksonville. He didn’t buy any furniture, either, patio chairs and stools sufficient to support his video game habits.

“Subconsciously, you don’t want to be there,” Kershaw says. “If you’re living month-to-month, you don’t get too comfortable.

“When I go up, I don’t want to come back. I expect to stay there when I get there. I’m not going up there for one start to be a fill-in. I’m going to succeed up there. And it’s not because I’m being cocky or confident. It’s what you have to expect when you’re a pitcher.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expectations, of course, are malleable. There is a left-handed pitcher named Greg Miller who plays for the Dodgers’ Triple-A affiliate in Las Vegas, and five years ago he was Clayton Kershaw.

In 2003, as an 18-year-old, Miller leapt to Double-A in September. Before he could throw an inning in 2004, he underwent minor shoulder surgery. It didn’t take. He had another surgery. When he returned in 2005, it was as a reliever, and Miller’s control had disappeared.

“People can become enamored watching prospects play in the minor leagues,” Colletti says. “It’s always been there. It’s heightened with the way communication is now. The Internet. Cell phones. The interest is overwhelming.”

USA Team All-Star pitcher Clayton Kershaw pitched against the World Team All-Stars during the XM Satellite Radio All-Star Futures Game at AT&T Park on July 8, 2007.
(Jeff Gross/Getty Images)

The cult of the prospect is one of baseball’s great phenomena. It is why the impatience of Cincinnati Reds fans grows every time Jay Bruce hits a home run at Triple-A and why Tampa Bay earned universal praise for signing Evan Longoria to a potential nine-year deal only six days into his major-league career and why every blue-clad Angeleno wonders in what parallel universe starting Chan Ho Park over Clayton Kershaw is a good idea.

“What can be lost on them in the excitement of accomplishment is how good the big-league player is,” Colletti says. “I believe it’s difficult to play in the big leagues. I always try to measure what I’m seeing myself and what I’m hearing, and how that will play in a different environment. I have to hold back from time to time.”

He hears the reports from Dishman, how Kershaw is starting to command his fastball better, and how his curveball looks tighter, and how even his changeup is working. Colletti was the assistant general manager in San Francisco when the Giants summoned a 20-year-old Matt Cain, and that worked out just fine.

Then Colletti remembers Edwin Jackson, with the Dodgers under a previous regime, and Matt Riley and Rick Ankiel and David Clyde and a dozen others summoned too early. Fractured psyches or arm troubles or control issues or burnout – all of them, up as teenagers, bombed hard.

Rare has the veneration approached that of Todd Van Poppel, the right-hander from Arlington, Texas. Atlanta wanted to choose him first in the 1990 draft. His bonus demands were too high, so Van Poppel fell to 14th, where Oakland selected him, and the A’s followed with three more pitchers in the first round. The Four Aces were born.

None came close. Van Poppel ended up a middling reliever. Kirk Dressendorfer spent a month in the major leagues. Don Peters and Dave Zancanaro didn’t make it. The biggest success out of that Oakland draft, in fact, was Tanyon Sturtze, a 23rd-round pick who spent 11 seasons in the major leagues.

“Kershaw’s unbelievable,” says Sturtze, now 37 and a teammate of Kershaw attempting a comeback from shoulder surgery. “Everyone who throws a pitch wishes they could do it like him. He carries himself like a major leaguer.

“But I hope he knows that people always think everything’s going to work out perfectly. It doesn’t always happen that way.”

Medford Bronco
05-15-2008, 01:33 PM
continued

It’s the second inning Monday, potentially one of the biggest nights of Clayton Kershaw’s career, and he just gave up his first run after 20 2/3 consecutive scoreless innings. It came on a curveball that bounced away from the catcher, not the most distinguished way to break the streak.

He kicks the grass. Already Kershaw has been roused from his rhythm by a local kid racing Rocky the Rotten Roach around the bases before the bottom of the first. And he’s got a 65-pitch limit to keep his arm fresh for later in the season. Now this, in front of Lajoie, who, by the time Kershaw is in the shower, will have placed a call to Colletti.

So Kershaw composes himself and steps back on the mound. Two strikes remain on Mobile catcher Frank Curreri, a left-handed hitter. Kershaw throws the pitch. Curreri ducks to avoid it. Only instead of careening toward his head, the ball bends back for a called strike three. If the pitch to Casey was Public Enemy No. 1, this is No. 1a. Natural laws of physics seem no match for Kershaw’s curveball, and neither does Curreri.

“He legitimately threw it behind my head, and it somehow ended up over the plate,” Curreri says. “I was trying to get out of the way. If it was straight, it was hitting me in the head. Apparently, it was a curveball.

“I knew it was bad when I turned and the catcher hadn’t moved.”

In the fourth row, a kid wearing a Dodgers hat squeals. He can’t believe what he saw. He pulls out his cell phone to text friends about Kershaw’s hook. The scouts behind home plate look at each other like they just saw a ghost, which they sort of did. Kershaw jogs off the field, the picture of nonchalance.

When he returns the next half-inning, his changeup, the pitch on which he’s supposed to work, doesn’t feel right. It matters not how much praise people foist on him or the depth of the plaudits; if Kershaw loses his touch, he’s going to get hit, even at Double-A.

Mobile starts to pepper him. Single. Stolen base. Hard-hit RBI single. Harder-hit RBI double. Single. Just like that, Kershaw, who has cruised through three innings in 39 pitches, is on his last batter. And though he induces a flyout, the runner on third tags up and scores, and he leaves with his most unsightly game of the season: 3 1/3 innings, five hits, five runs and one blown opportunity.

Anger builds on the 30 steps from the mound to the dugout. As Kershaw hits the first step, he transfers his glove to his throwing hand. He cocks his arm. He leans forward once. Twice. No. It would be a damn shame if he blew out his arm throwing his glove in frustration. So instead he pushes it toward the wall, sits and sulks.

“I hadn’t had a day like that in a long time,” Kershaw says. “I didn’t think I was going up anyway, but not after that. No way.”

He’s right. The Dodgers confirm that, barring another injury, Kershaw will remain at Jacksonville for at least another start, and probably until the end of the month. Kershaw broods. He’s mad at himself, because there’s this dictum he tries to follow: the game is between him and the target. In this case, it was an allegory: hit the small target, the glove, and he might hit the big target, a Dodgers uniform.

Even the can’t-miss miss sometimes.

Is it OK to worship?

Deification comes with a price. When Clayton Kershaw arrives in Los Angeles later this year – and he will – the masses will converge. They will discover that he is a good kid and a bad driver, great at ping-pong, not so great at “Halo,” goofy and humble, introverted and swaggering, and they will want to know why he is all of these things. They will try to dress him in suits and lure him to Hollywood and turn him into a commodity.

“It’ll be sooner rather than later,” Colletti says.

Whenever it is, the unknown will play out in Los Angeles, the mystery will lift and the idea of Kershaw will no longer be of such grand intrigue. Something disappears in the evolution from prospect to major leaguer, as if the most fun part is waiting to see the player rather than seeing him.

So for now Kershaw rides on buses, stretching his 6-foot-3 frame on the floor across an entire row. He goes to places like Montgomery and Knoxville and Mobile, and on Sundays, he sits in makeshift rooms and meets new chaplains and sponges in the word.

In the middle of Butler’s sermon, after he transitions from football metaphors to bible verses, he tries to explain the meaning of worship. Kershaw, melted into the couch, sits up to listen.

“Worship is an open expression of love,” Butler says. “Worship is knowing you’ve got a relationship with someone who is truly special.

“Worship is belief.”

CoachChaz
05-15-2008, 01:36 PM
The kid is definately a stud. Saw him pitch in high school and he blew me away.

Natedog24
05-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Andruw Jones just hit his 2nd HR of the season, off of Ben Sheets no less.

CoachChaz
05-15-2008, 02:32 PM

Before you know it he'll catch up to Pierre in his RBI total. Watch out.

Medford Bronco
05-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Before you know it he'll catch up to Pierre in his RBI total. Watch out.

:lol: that was funny Coach.

2 wins in row for our streaky team.

glad Billlingley looked good :beer:

Medford Bronco
05-15-2008, 03:39 PM

must have cork in his bat or he is back on roids :rofl:

hey I will take it but it would be nice to see him above the mendoza like soon

In-com-plete
05-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Thanks for that long article Med. Enjoyed it alot.

I'd like to see him up soon. But I'm totally fine waiting.

Natedog24
05-20-2008, 12:43 AM
Blake Dewitt for Rookie of the Year!! :D

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/apphoto/b1a4de97-39ca-4175-afa0-b7b5430db3ca.jpg

Natedog24
05-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Clayton Kershaw's MLB debut

6 IP 5 H 2 R 2 ER 1 BB 7 K

And thanks to a Dodger R in the bottom of the 6th he now has a chance at the W

The kid definitely lived up to the hype in his first outing.

Medford Bronco
05-29-2008, 08:19 AM
This team cant score again.

they are maddeningly inconsistent. :sad:

Medford Bronco
06-02-2008, 09:55 AM
we cant hit again :tsk:

Benetto
06-02-2008, 11:54 AM
We get our hits....Its the ******* pitching that needs to get better...IMO

Medford Bronco
06-03-2008, 12:07 AM
We get our hits....Its the ******* pitching that needs to get better...IMO

yes we get our hits when facing the Rockies who are not very good, especially on the road

we still have a long long long way to go.

In-com-plete
06-03-2008, 10:06 AM
It's a combination of both guys. But I think it's more on the offense.

Since the Cincy series and before yesterdays 8 run outburst here's how many runs we scored over those 10 games:

STL 5/23 - 1
STL 5/24 - 0
STL 5/25 - 4
CHC 5/26 - 1
CHC 5/27 - 1
CHC 5/28 - 1
NYM 5/29 - 4
NYM 5/30 - 9
NYM 5/31 - 2
NYM 6/1 - 1

That's 24 runs in 10 games. With 38% of them coming in one of our two wins.

Thank god for the Rockies.

Natedog24
06-04-2008, 03:16 AM
Simply put the offense just plain sucks hardcore with RISP, with an exception game here and there. The team is just inconsistent to the point were it drives you crazy, which is usually a pretty common product of a very young team. Hopefully all the young guys live up to their potential sometime in the near future :rolleyes:

I have enjoyed watching Kershaw pitch though, even the bad outing against the Mets. Hopefully he continues to be the only Dodger pitcher with consistent run support tomorrow and lasts some more innings :beer:

In-com-plete
06-05-2008, 09:44 AM
And now we have 12 hits and scored 1 run in the last 2 games.

The hitting is the problem.

Benetto
06-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Anyone have any idea when Furcal is coming back?

Natedog24
06-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Anyone have any idea when Furcal is coming back?

His new target date is June 17th. Keep your fingers crossed...

Medford Bronco
06-09-2008, 07:43 AM
His new target date is June 17th. Keep your fingers crossed...

thanks

how about Jason Schmidt?

Also we still cant hit:tsk:

Jason Marquis is far from a great pitcher and he looked
like Pedro in his prime last night against our anemic lineup

MOtorboat
06-09-2008, 08:48 AM
thanks

how about Jason Schmidt?

Also we still cant hit:tsk:

Jason Marquis is far from a great pitcher and he looked
like Pedro in his prime last night against our anemic lineup

Relax med.

The Cubs are on a tear right now.

The Dodgers are only four games back and the Diamondbacks aren't going to win like they did in April all season. The Dodgers will hit. Although, having to play Angel Berroa at SS isn't a good sign :laugh:.

Medford Bronco
06-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Relax med.

The Cubs are on a tear right now.

The Dodgers are only four games back and the Diamondbacks aren't going to win like they did in April all season. The Dodgers will hit. Although, having to play Angel Berroa at SS isn't a good sign :laugh:.

I understand your optimism because our division is sucky now.

We have not hit for like 20 games now.
I hardly ever see LA on TV and when I do they look like crap :(

I just want us to get hot at some point.

btw any news on Schmidt?

MOtorboat
06-09-2008, 09:05 AM
I understand your optimism because our division is sucky now.

We have not hit for like 20 games now.
I hardly ever see LA on TV and when I do they look like crap :(

I just want us to get hot at some point.

btw any news on Schmidt?

Most recent news...from Rotowire, through ESPN Fantasy on Saturday.

Schmidt threw a 50-plus pitch bullpen session on Thursday and will pitch for Triple-A Las Vegas on Sunday, the LA Times reports.
Spin: Schmidt's original 30-day rehab assignment was scheduled to end on June 10, but a recent calf injury delayed that by five days or so. We're not sure what happens when his time is up, but the Dodgers should figure out a way to stash him in the minors for a bit longer as he's not expected to be ready for rotation duty for a few more weeks.

Sounds like July, maybe.

Of course, I wouldn't get your hopes up with Schmidt. His velocity last year was no where near what got him the big contract. Maybe a healthy Schmidt is different, and maybe he wasn't healthy last year, but I wouldn't bank the success on the rotation on Schmidt right now.

Lowe and Penny have to pitch better, and they need Billingsley to step up. Plus, yes, they need to get the bats going, but I'd be far less worried about the bats than the pitching. JMHO.

Getting Furcal back next week will be big in sparking that lineup.

Natedog24
06-11-2008, 02:39 AM
Bad news on the Furcal front :tsk:

Furcal has another setback
By Tony Jackson on June 10, 2008 5:43 PM | Permalink | Comments (3) | ShareThis

He still feels good, but Dr. Watkins examined him over the weekend and determined that he won't be ready to play in actual games for at least another two weeks. After that, or whenever he IS ready, he would need a rehab of a week or so. That means best-case scenario is he is activated the week before the All-Star break -- and so far, there is nothing about this whole matter that would suggest the best-case scenario is the most likely one. ... Nomar Garciaparra, meanwhile, is expected to start a rehab assignment possibly by the end of this week, and he is expected to play exclusively SS on that assignment -- which means he'll probably be the Dodgers' everyday SS, the position where he became a star in the late 1990s, when he returns. Torre said Nomar won't need the full 20 days.

Nomar at this point in his career would still be an improvement over Angel Borroa at SS (yikes!!). I've reached the point were I'm just hoping that Furcal is back sometime in the second half of the season to help the Dodgers make a late push at the playoffs.

In-com-plete
06-11-2008, 07:14 AM
Bad news on the Furcal front :tsk:

Nomar at this point in his career would still be an improvement over Angel Borroa at SS (yikes!!). I've reached the point were I'm just hoping that Furcal is back sometime in the second half of the season to help the Dodgers make a late push at the playoffs.

I was just talking to a friend about how we'll probably be seeing Nomar at short when he's back.

Amazing how much different this team is with and without Furcal. We'd better lock him up soon. For those of you that don't know, he's a FA at the end of the year. I'd hate for Boston to bring him over. And I'm sure they'd make a run at him considering Lugo sucks ass.

In-com-plete
06-13-2008, 08:06 AM
Saw a eye opening stat during the game yesterday.

It was 4 or 5 teams that have scored 0 or 1 run in a game the most this season. I think it was the Tigers (14 games), the Nats (15), the A's (15), one other team at 15 or 14, and the Dodgers at 20.

Now that was before the end of yesterdays game, so we're at 21 now (0-21 is our record). Practically a third of our games we've scored zero or one run.

Pathetic!

Medford Bronco
06-13-2008, 08:09 AM
Saw a eye opening stat during the game yesterday.

It was 4 or 5 teams that have scored 0 or 1 run in a game the most this season. I think it was the Tigers (14 games), the Nats (15), the A's (15), one other team at 15 or 14, and the Dodgers at 20.

Now that was before the end of yesterdays game, so we're at 21 now (0-21 is our record). Practically a third of our games we've scored zero or one run.

Pathetic!

Agreed and can we all stop saying the offense will be fine

Its not fine and until Furcal comes back and I hope that day can not get here quick enough :mad:

MOtorboat
06-20-2008, 08:55 AM
btw any news on Schmidt?

Just a tidbit from Christopher Harris at ESPN Fantasy...

Like (Chris) Carpenter, Jason Schmidt had a setback in rehab and also looks less likely to contribute in '08. The Dodgers' official site reports that Schmidt will completely shut down his surgically repaired shoulder until he has no pain, which isn't currently the case...

And another one from the same column:
The Dodgers placed Brad Penny on the 15-day DL with tendinitis in his pitching shoulder. Penny has been a first-half horse for years, so his 5.88 ERA and 1.60 WHIP were of particular concern. There's a chance the team will keep him out until the All-Star Break, though the L.A. Times reports that Penny is pushing to come back before then

Time to start hitting. :D

MOtorboat
06-20-2008, 08:58 AM
Sorry Med...more bad news from Christopher Harris:

Hiroki Kuroda, about whom I was relatively glowing a couple weeks ago, had to be scratched from Wednesday's start because of a sore shoulder. The Dodgers have scheduled an MRI for Kuroda, which makes it sound like a DL stint is probable. Eric Stults is already in the team's rotation, and Chan Ho Park seems likely to get a start this weekend.

In-com-plete
06-22-2008, 05:49 AM
Release Scott Proctor!

Natedog24
06-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Release Scott Proctor!

Release Mark ".105 (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=3312)" Sweeney too!

Natedog24
06-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Andrew Jones, Nomar, and most importantly Furcal will all begin a rehab assignment in Vegas Monday. Get those fingers crossed again because if we can get Raffy back healthy, with the way the Snakes have been playing, I think the Dodgers would have real good shot at running away with the division.

Medford Bronco
07-22-2008, 12:55 AM
Nothing like Coors field to awake a struggling offense.

I just hope it continues. Go Blue :salute:

Kudos to Loney on this night
and some credit to Matt Holliday (boy would he look great with LA next season btw)

sneakers
07-22-2008, 04:53 AM
Nothing like Coors field to awake a struggling offense.

I just hope it continues. Go Blue :salute:

Kudos to Loney on this night
and some credit to Matt Holliday (boy would he look great with LA next season btw)

If you guys were really good you would have scored 19 runs like the Tigers ;)

Medford Bronco
07-27-2008, 05:51 PM
It took another start by Clayton got it done today finally. :salute:

I hope the first of many for this talented young lefthander
and we are back to 500. :D as an aside the Nationals
are an even more anemic offense to the Dodgers :O lol

sneakers
08-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Lets go Dodgers, Lets go! *clap* *clap*

Medford Bronco
08-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Another good outing for Kershaw.

I really think this kid is going to be something special IMHO.

The Dodgers just have to be more consistent. When they score 6 and 5 runs the have to win. I am happy for a salvage and hope the D backs lose tonight. Go Bucs :salute:

keithbishop
08-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Sorry this isn't Dodgers related, but I just wanted Med to see these control numbers for 2 old men.

Moose: 24 GS 140.1 IP 20 BB :eek: 90 K

Mo: 46 G 50.1 IP 5 BB :eek::eek: 61 K

Holy crap. Mo's 28 SV in 28 opportunities isn't bad, either.;)

I still say the Dodgers will win the West, Med. :beer:

Medford Bronco
08-12-2008, 12:44 AM
They tried to kill me tonight lol

but I will take any win I get get.

need Saito back in a hurry, Broxton is a heart attack waiting
to happen every night. Great stuff but loses focus too easily.

what were we taught in little league, throw strikes, walks are bad.

In-com-plete
08-12-2008, 09:19 AM
I just want to say that Matt Kemp is the freakin' bomb.

Last night he hit this ball taht completely ate up Jimmy Rollins. Vin Sculley was comenting on how hard it was hit and whatnot. Two pitches later he stole second. Then Sculley was going on and on about how much he's improved over the year. How valueable he's been. And how you can just see he's really put it together. A superstar is forming right in front of us is about how he put it.

But after Kemp stole second, Ethier walked and Kent was hit in the thigh. Planet Man-Ram hits a 2 run double. Loney follows with his 2 run double but was thrown out on Martins single. However, Blake hit that 2 run bomb to dead center and I went to bed.

But as Vin Sculley said, it all started with Kemp.

And like I said back in April, he's the Brandon Marshall of the Dodgers. A feakin' stud!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Looks like the Dodgers are trying to buy a ring:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8464664

The Los Angeles Dodgers have acquired veteran right-hander Greg Maddux from the Padres to bolster their rotation for the stretch run, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The Associated Press confirmed the trade, citing a person familiar with the deal who spoke on condition of anonymity Monday night because no announcement had been made. However, sources with both teams are saying no deal has been finalized.

Maddux, who is 6-9 with a 3.99 ERA this season, is expected to join the team in time for their series opener against the Rockies on Tuesday. The Dodgers are currently tied with the Arizona Diamondbacks for the NL West lead.

The Dodgers and Padres were in talks about a possible deal before the July 31 deadline, but nothing was worked out. With Brad Penny back on the DL due to a bad shoulder, Maddux would be able to step right into the rotation and get eight starts.

Maddux, 42, was traded from the Cubs to the Dodgers at the trade deadline in 2006 and helped the team make the postseason after capturing the NL wild card. He was 6-3 went with a 3.30 ERA for the Dodgers.

Following the '06 season, Maddux became a free agent and signed a one-year deal with the Padres. He followed it with another one-year deal this season.

Maddux has a full no-trade clause and was adamant about not wanting to leave the West Coast. The surefire Hall of Famer has 353 career wins.

The deal is expected to be announced on Tuesday.

Medford Bronco
08-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Looks like the Dodgers are trying to buy a ring:

Why say that?:confused: They are just trying to fill in for an injured player in Brad Penny. Sorry the Rockies dont have the $$ to do that. If they were closer in the standings I am sure they would try to better themselves to try to win.

The Broncos sure spend $$ to try to win. Why is this any different than what our beloved Broncos do?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2008, 05:42 PM
Why say that?:confused: They are just trying to fill in for an injured player in Brad Penny. Sorry the Rockies dont have the $$ to do that. If they were closer in the standings I am sure they would try to better themselves to try to win.

The Broncos sure spend $$ to try to win. Why is this any different than what our beloved Broncos do?

Med - you took this too personal. Of course they are trying to better themselves. Just meant with the additions they made lately, they are going after the ring.

Medford Bronco
08-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Med - you took this too personal. Of course they are trying to better themselves. Just meant with the additions they made lately, they are going after the ring.

Ok no problem :salute:

Its just that when the term "buying a ring" is put out there
it is usually kind of insulting ;) especially when the smaller market teams cant do that.

understood. thanks for the clarification

Medford Bronco
08-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Oh slip slidin away,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8nvq4rymsY

Kinda like a song from 1977 ;) Stop choking Dodgers, you are
emabarassing me. sad sad day that they cant take advantage of a
really sucky NL West
:sad:

Benetto
08-27-2008, 11:12 AM
The Dodgers must be so proud to have a fan stand by them and support the team no matter what. :rolleyes:

Medford Bronco
08-28-2008, 12:51 AM
The Dodgers must be so proud to have a fan stand by them and support the team no matter what. :rolleyes:

btw who are you to judge me. you dont know shit about me.

I guess I am not a blind homer then where everthing is great all the time.

Sorry but the truth hurts.

Benetto
08-28-2008, 02:38 AM
btw who are you to judge me. you dont know shit about me.

I guess I am not a blind homer then where everthing is great all the time.

Sorry but the truth hurts.

Ouch...Must have struck a nerve there....Sorry :D.

The weather must not be as fair as usual this time of the year. :coffee:

Medford Bronco
08-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Ouch...Must have struck a nerve there....Sorry :D.

The weather must not be as fair as usual this time of the year. :coffee:

Whatever, I am not a lemming like some are. :coffee:

sneakers
09-01-2008, 03:34 AM
Whatever, I am not a lemming like some are. :coffee:

http://thetradingdigest.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/lemmings.jpg

Good Luck the rest of the way, you guys are way too good to finish below .500.

DenverBronkHoes
09-01-2008, 07:04 PM
dodgers.......

please just win for me so i can hit my parlay......

and if u wanna be real nice, win by 2

DenverBronkHoes
09-01-2008, 10:36 PM
love u guys tonight........

In-com-plete
09-02-2008, 01:27 PM
So I went to the Dodgers/Nats game this past Thursday. Kemp led off the game and either struck out or grounded out. Eithier got a single and then Manny hit a bomb. 2-0 Dodgers and I was sure we were on our way to ending our losing streak.

But we got 3 hits between the next 26 outs and ended up losing 11-2.

The game was cool though. Saw the Nats SS hit for the cycle. And Elijah Dukes hit two dongs. One of which was possibly the farthest HR I've ever seen.

Medford Bronco
09-03-2008, 12:04 AM
The roller coaster ride continues for the Dodgers. I am glad they are back on track (See for all who say that I am not a real fan, I praise when then do well as well. I just tell the truth, I am not a lemming that just says everthing is great all the time)

I hope it continues. This is a huge week with the Pads left and then vs the D Backs.

Only time will tell.

Medford Bronco
09-07-2008, 12:40 AM
what a turnaround in a week. I am happy LA has gotten back on track.

I just hope Furcal and Saito come back soon and maybe they can hold on and win the division... Go Blue!

DenverBronkHoes
09-07-2008, 01:31 AM
if u have been riding the Dodgers for a week and have made money on them CLAP YOUR HANDS

Medford Bronco
09-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Wonder what would've happened if Torre was still in the Bronx. :tsk:

I love Torre but he would not helped the injuries to Posada, Wang and
Hughes. That is not Giardis fault IMHO

Medford Bronco
09-11-2008, 09:54 PM
3.5 game lead with 16 to play.

I hope it continues. It has been a great week or so.
Also please have Furcal and Saito come back as
if they do get in the playoffs, they Need these guys.

DenverBronkHoes
09-12-2008, 11:18 PM
wow.... thank you dodgers coming through EVERY FRIGGIN NIGHT the past 10....

i tihnk there was 1 loss in there

+750

Sloanfeld
09-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Well I don't know too much about hardball but when we got Manny I proclaimed that we'd win the World Series. Not looking too bad at this point, at least for winning the division. An LA/Boston World Series would be intriguing, especially with the LA/Boston NBA Finals.

MOtorboat
09-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Well I don't know too much about hardball but when we got Manny I proclaimed that we'd win the World Series. Not looking too bad at this point, at least for winning the division. An LA/Boston World Series would be intriguing, especially with the LA/Boston NBA Finals.

Shut up and go back to the bandw...I mean smack threads.

TIA.

Devilspawn
09-13-2008, 10:48 PM
3.5 game lead with 16 to play.

I hope it continues. It has been a great week or so.
Also please have Furcal and Saito come back as
if they do get in the playoffs, they Need these guys.
What'd I tell you about Torre. What'd I tell you about Manny. ;)

If Torre wins the WS, I'll be happy. We love Girardi, but we miss us some Torre. Eh who cares, Manny's coming to The Bronx next year anyway. Just as long as the Mets and Sox don't win it. Well I can deal with the Mets winning it.

Medford Bronco
09-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Thank you Reds :salute:

Medford Bronco
09-16-2008, 12:17 AM
4.5 lead with 12 to go for LA.

Good win tonight against not a good Pitt team but
I will take it. :salute:

Medford Bronco
09-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Dodgers bounce back and are up 4 games again

Lets go Lincolm (sp) vs RJ tonight

sneakers
09-19-2008, 05:07 AM
What's the Magic Number at Med?

Medford Bronco
09-19-2008, 06:35 AM
What's the Magic Number at Med?

It is still 7. Damn Giants had to lose with their best going yesterday. Oh well.

tough loss sneakers for you yesterday. Hope it gets better today for the rest of the season :salute:

horsesense
09-19-2008, 02:51 PM
So Med, what are the chances So. Cal gets a freeway series?
and you know the Angels already own torre?:D

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2008, 10:07 PM
It is still 7. Damn Giants had to lose with their best going yesterday. Oh well.

tough loss sneakers for you yesterday. Hope it gets better today for the rest of the season :salute:

We helped you tonight - Rockies 3 - AZ 2

Medford Bronco
09-22-2008, 02:04 PM
The Dodgers have been scuffling a bit but still up 2.5

hopefully the last week of the season is a good one.

Idle today.

Go Cards :salute:

horsesense
09-24-2008, 03:23 PM
the Dodgers magic # is 3

Medford Bronco
09-25-2008, 08:27 AM
almost there. :salute:

thank you St Louis :D

Benetto
09-25-2008, 12:23 PM
If the D-bags lose tonight, we are in...Magic number is 1 as of right now.

Benetto
09-25-2008, 12:26 PM
I can see the Dodgers making some kind of run in October....but they will be beat by the Cubs, one way or another...Unfortunetly..

I can see the Angels win it all this year...They have some group out there in the OC.

Medford Bronco
09-25-2008, 01:43 PM
I hope we beat jake peavy today but he is 13-1 lifetime vs LA

great pitcher on a bad team.

In-com-plete
09-25-2008, 01:44 PM
2-1 St. Louis in the bottom of the second right now. :beer:

Medford Bronco
09-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Thank you St Louis.

the Dodgers will be in the playoffs really soon :beer::salute::beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-25-2008, 10:44 PM
CONGRATS MED :salute::salute:

Medford Bronco
09-26-2008, 07:16 AM
CONGRATS MED :salute::salute:

Thank Carol, It is much appreciated. :beer::salute::beer:

In-com-plete
09-26-2008, 03:25 PM
This year we're:

2-5 against the Cubs
4-4 against the Phillies
3-4 against the Mets
4-2 against the Brewers

I know it sounds crazy, but I'm pulling for the Brewers to win the WC so we face the Cubs in the first round. Why you may ask. Why not? I know they're everybodys NL favorite right now. I know they're the loveable losers that every casual fan and every fan that doesn't have invested interest in another team playing will be pulling for them. But that's exactly why I want to get it over with in the first round. I'd rather see where we're at right away than lose in the NLCS. And I know if we can beat them, we can beat either the Brewers or the Mets/Phillies.

And I want to play the Brewers also. A lot of that has to do with our 4-2 record against them. A little has to do with the fact that I'm more scared of that Phillies lineup than I am the Brewers. But I also want them because I really believe 'ol C.C. is not a big game pitcher. If they win the WC and can get past the Phillies or Mets, C.C. is gonna be brought out for atleast 2 games. He won't be the same dominant pitcher he's been since he came to Milwakee. I guarantee you that.

Buff
09-26-2008, 03:35 PM
I really can't stand any of the NL West teams besides the Rockies-- but I suppose if it had to happen, I'd rather see the Dodgers win the west than the D-Bags... I mean D-Backs. Plus, I like Joe Torre.

Good luck in the playoffs.

sneakers
09-27-2008, 12:53 AM
Congrats on winning the Division!!! :beer:

Calif. Bronco
10-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Dare I tempt karma and our current winning ways and bump this thead?????? :confused:

YES - of course I do cuz after years of watching others (and putting up with the likes of Grady, DiPodesta, Fox ownership, Hendrickson, Tomko, etc.) we need and deserve to rejoice and enjoy :elefant::elefant::elefant:

In-com-plete
10-08-2008, 03:21 PM
"The only Angels are up in heaven, and they're all ex-Dodgers." (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/arash_markazi/10/08/la.story/index.html)

Benetto
10-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Dare I tempt karma and our current winning ways and bump this thead?????? :confused:

YES - of course I do cuz after years of watching others (and putting up with the likes of Grady, DiPodesta, Fox ownership, Hendrickson, Tomko, etc.) we need and deserve to rejoice and enjoy :elefant::elefant::elefant:

You left out Odalis Perez...My most hated ex-dodger.

Medford Bronco
10-08-2008, 05:04 PM
You left out Odalis Perez...My most hated ex-dodger.

What about Tommy F*cking Neidenfuer, who single handedly lost us the NLCS in 85.

I remember Vic Scully saying that Ozzie Smith has not hit a home run left handed in 2374 at bats (or about that) and then boom.

and who could forget Jack Clarks bomb that basically lost game 6 :mad::lol: at least 1988 erased that sour taste, at least for me.

Calif. Bronco
10-09-2008, 07:45 AM
What about Tommy F*cking Neidenfuer, who single handedly lost us the NLCS in 85.

I remember Vic Scully saying that Ozzie Smith has not hit a home run left handed in 2374 at bats (or about that) and then boom.

and who could forget Jack Clarks bomb that basically lost game 6 :mad::lol: at least 1988 erased that sour taste, at least for me.

I think you're right about '88 somewhat erasing the memory (at least in a lot of minds) of '85 Med. :salute:

Quick note about '85: I was at that game and after Mike "Mr. DL" Marshall hit the go-ahead HomeRun in the bottom of the 8th, the entire stadium was rocking. When Jack Clark stepped into the batters box (I swear to you guys I am not making this up) I started screaming "Walk him! Walk him!" over and over. I vividly remember a few of the people seated in the rows below me turning around and looking at me like I was a nut or something. Well... next thing I know, Tom throws, Jack hits, Pedro slams his glove down in disgust, and Tommy (who I love by the way) spends the rest of his life saying "it's easy to second-guess the manager." :mad:

DenverBronkHoes
10-09-2008, 08:25 AM
manny.........

time to make me some more dough manny.... u know u hear me

CoachChaz
10-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Phillies in 7. No particular reason. It will be a pretty good series, but the gut tells me to go with Philly. I just dont think their bats can stay silent forever.

Benetto
10-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Phillies in 7. No particular reason. It will be a pretty good series, but the gut tells me to go with Philly. I just dont think their bats can stay silent forever.

IMO...The Dodgers didn't beat the Cubs...The Cubs beat themselves. Some bad bounces and some bad pitches turned into a Goat with a broom.

Against the Phillies...If Lowe's sinker aint on, and we don't score at least 5-6 runs in the first game (to set the tone), I can see Philly taking it in 6 games.

Pedro Feliz
Ryan Howard
Jimmy Rollins
Chase Utley
Shane Victorino

Damn, this is going to be tough..

DenverBronkHoes
10-09-2008, 01:20 PM
dodgers in 6

CoachChaz
10-09-2008, 01:22 PM
IMO...The Dodgers didn't beat the Cubs...The Cubs beat themselves. Some bad bounces and some bad pitches turned into a Goat with a broom.

Against the Phillies...If Lowe's sinker aint on, and we don't score at least 5-6 runs in the first game (to set the tone), I can see Philly taking it in 6 games.

Pedro Feliz
Ryan Howard
Jimmy Rollins
Chase Utley
Shane Victorino

Damn, this is going to be tough..

Whoever wins...that's who I'll root for.

...and dont forget to add Pat Burrell and Jayson Werth to that list. They've had pretty damn good years as well.

Benetto
10-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Whoever wins...that's who I'll root for.

...and dont forget to add Pat Burrell and Jayson Werth to that list. They've had pretty damn good years as well.
Jason Werth was good as a Dodger too...Gave it his all out in Right field...Hit a jack here or there. Even had a couple diving catches.

Di podesta was a IDIOT for letting go of him because he broke his collar bone and missed a few games. Jason Repko stepped in did a good job, so they gave away Werth. And J-rep took a shit right after that.

In-com-plete
10-09-2008, 03:04 PM
I wasn't even a fan in '88. I was pulling for the A's. Back then I didn't really have a team. I pulled for players. And Jose Canseco was one of my favorites. :rolleyes:

So with the Dodgers sweeping the Cubs, I got to see my team win their 2nd, 3rd, & 4th playoff game. It marked the first time I saw my team get to celebrate a series win. And let me tell you it was freakin' awesome.

But now, I'm worried. I wasn't that concerned with the Cubs at all. I was pretty confident we'd win the first 2 games and be in the drivers seat going back to LA. But I'm scared right now the Dodgers will be going back to LA down 0-2.

When you look at Philly's game 1 & 2 starters and how they did against us this year:

Hamels pitched 14 innings, gave up 10 hits, 2 walks, 12 K's, and gave up 4 runs (2.57 ERA)

Myers pitched 14 innings, gave up 14 hits, 5 walks, 16 K's, and gave up 3 runs (1.93 ERA)

If we can just get 1 W before going back to LA, I'll be pretty confident we can win the series. We'll see though. It's going to be exciting.

Medford Bronco
10-09-2008, 03:39 PM
I wasn't even a fan in '88. I was pulling for the A's. Back then I didn't really have a team. I pulled for players. And Jose Canseco was one of my favorites. :rolleyes:

So with the Dodgers sweeping the Cubs, I got to see my team win their 2nd, 3rd, & 4th playoff game. It marked the first time I saw my team get to celebrate a series win. And let me tell you it was freakin' awesome.

But now, I'm worried. I wasn't that concerned with the Cubs at all. I was pretty confident we'd win the first 2 games and be in the drivers seat going back to LA. But I'm scared right now the Dodgers will be going back to LA down 0-2.

When you look at Philly's game 1 & 2 starters and how they did against us this year:

Hamels pitched 14 innings, gave up 10 hits, 2 walks, 12 K's, and gave up 4 runs (2.57 ERA)

Myers pitched 14 innings, gave up 14 hits, 5 walks, 16 K's, and gave up 3 runs (1.93 ERA)

If we can just get 1 W before going back to LA, I'll be pretty confident we can win the series. We'll see though. It's going to be exciting.

Hamels scares me more that Myers, who is always ready to implode.

Go Blue, :salute:

In-com-plete
10-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Hamels scares me more that Myers, who is always ready to implode.

Go Blue, :salute:

See, I'm really worried about Myers. I watched one of those games he pitched against us and I'm scared that's the same guy we'll see in game 2 and/or game 6.

He's an ass, but when he's on he's dominant.

Calif. Bronco
10-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Tough loss tonight. Furcal's error really seemed to bring the whole team down mentally. Kind of reminded me of when a team misses an easy field goal or an extra point or something - it's just deflating. :coffee:

Oh, and Ben, you're right about DePodesta being an idiot, but you have the two players mixed up. Repko is the one who broke his collar bone. Werth was handed the left-fielder's job and got hit on the wrist his first pitch of spring training. He had tons of complications, multiple surgeries, and missed that entire year and most of the next year. By the time he was healthy, the Dodgers had (unfortunately) moved on and he was buried. Very sad story actually because, like you, I really thought he was a good young player, as he has shown in Philly. :coffee:

Benetto
10-10-2008, 03:33 AM
Tough loss tonight. Furcal's error really seemed to bring the whole team down mentally. Kind of reminded me of when a team misses an easy field goal or an extra point or something - it's just deflating. :coffee:

Oh, and Ben, you're right about DePodesta being an idiot, but you have the two players mixed up. Repko is the one who broke his collar bone. Werth was handed the left-fielder's job and got hit on the wrist his first pitch of spring training. He had tons of complications, multiple surgeries, and missed that entire year and most of the next year. By the time he was healthy, the Dodgers had (unfortunately) moved on and he was buried. Very sad story actually because, like you, I really thought he was a good young player, as he has shown in Philly. :coffee:

You're absolutely right...:sad:

Benetto
10-10-2008, 03:34 AM
Here's to game 2 going to the Dodgers! :beer:

DenverBronkHoes
10-10-2008, 06:22 AM
lowe almost pitched a great game...

Calif. Bronco
10-10-2008, 07:59 AM
You're absolutely right...:sad:

Yes but we're both absolutely right about DePodesta being a complete idiot ;)

In-com-plete
10-10-2008, 08:16 AM
lowe almost pitched a great game...

Yeah, he did. But it's the same thing as always with Lowe. If someone makes an error, or if he doesn't get what he thought should have been a called 3rd strike. Then either that batter or the next is going to hit a double. Or a HR. Then the next guy up, Lowe will just lay one out over the middle of the plate and before you know it, it's a 3 or 4 run inning.

I love Lowe, but this happens all the time.

That being said, Furcal can't make that error. He has to set his feet. I know Shane "I'm so keeno on" Victorino is fast. But he not so fast Furcal needed to rush his throw like that.

Anyway, if we can win today's game we'll be in great shape. But we need our 4-6 hitters hitting like we all know they can. If we can just get to Myers early we'll be fine. Get Billingsley an early 3 or 4 run lead so he'll be relaxed.

Medford Bronco
10-10-2008, 09:44 AM
We need to score more than 2 runs. It is imperative.

Go Blue. Tie up the Series. :beer:

CoachChaz
10-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Myers is the unknown. He could be average, or he could be unhittable.

Calif. Bronco
10-10-2008, 09:39 PM
OK it's off to bed cuz I have an early flight to Denver tomorrow so this is my last chance to weigh in on this series till sometime next week.

Obviously upset we lost the first two games and VERY disappointed in Billingsley today. :mad:

That being said, I think we're going to be ok. I mean if you look at the first two games, there were a lot of signs that things would have been different if those games were played in LA. Just to name two, both Manny's double in the first of game 1 and Blake's long out today would have been long out of Dodger Stadium. :coffee:

So... do I think we're going to win the series? It's pretty unlikely. However, I am optimistic enough to believe we have the better pitcher going tomorrow, then follow that (I assume) with Lowe on three-days rest Monday. I like our chances there too - sinkerball pitchers tend to pitch better when their arms are a little tired. So then it would put Wednesday's Game 5 as the key. A fully rested Billingsley again a fully rested (even over rested) Hammels. Not so sure I like that match-up but hey, at this point I'll take 2-2 going into Wednesday and take our chances that Billingsley is better than he was today. :beer:

Benetto
10-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Someone other than Manny has to step up with runners on base...

Loney hit a grand slam, Russell hit a bases clearing triple with bases loaded, and Manny was Manny in the Cubs series..

Get Dewitt out of the line up and put in Kent or Nomar...WTF are they doing on the bench?

Broncolingus
10-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Go Philly's!!!!

Gotta love Manny though...love him or hate him, dude is money and comes to play.

In-com-plete
10-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Someone other than Manny has to step up with runners on base...

Loney hit a grand slam, Russell hit a bases clearing triple with bases loaded, and Manny was Manny in the Cubs series..

Get Dewitt out of the line up and put in Kent or Nomar...WTF are they doing on the bench?

You know, that's kind of what I was thinking last night. Plus, the way Casey Blake has been hitting, I'd be tempted to put Nomar at 3rd along with Kent at 2nd.

It's like the only production we're getting is from our 2-4 hitters. Then, they're on and 5-8 (or 9) doesn't do shit.

Last night/yesterday we left 2 runners on in the 2nd, the bases loaded in the 3rd, 2 runners on in the 7th, and another 2 on in the 9th.

Add that up, plus the runner we left on in the 5th & 6th and that's 11 runners left on base. :tsk:

The good news is we're going back to LA, where Kuroda's been phenominal. Plus Billingsley won't pitch that bad his next outing.

The bad news is we're down 2 and have to win all 3 in LA now.

DenverBronkHoes
10-13-2008, 01:43 AM
nice win guys..... 3 more in a row to pull... dont let philly even breathe

DenverBronkHoes
10-13-2008, 01:44 AM
no more money lines.... gotta win by 2 now

Broncolingus
10-13-2008, 09:09 AM
no more money lines.... gotta win by 2 now

Big game tonight...go Philly's!

(still love ya, Hoes!)

5 run 1st was a killer last night...game was over going into the 2nd.

Go Rays!

CoachChaz
10-13-2008, 09:59 AM
nice win guys..... 3 more in a row to pull... dont let philly even breathe

Good luck with that.

OB
10-13-2008, 12:07 PM
I wanna see torre, manny and nomar play the red sox AND KICK THEIR ASS so bad - i cant stand it - but thats why LA will lose :ohwell:

Broncolingus
10-13-2008, 12:19 PM
..I wanna see torre, manny and nomar play the red sox AND KICK THEIR ASS so bad - i cant stand it - but thats why LA will lose :ohwell:

...the ole jinx-er-oo?

OB
10-13-2008, 12:40 PM
...the ole jinx-er-oo?

Ahhh - you remember :D

Broncolingus
10-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Ahhh - you remember :D

Happens to me all the time too...

I'm Philly's and Ray's though, which mean's your Dodgers/BoSox World Series is a distinct possibility...

CoachChaz
10-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Happens to me all the time too...

I'm Philly's and Ray's though, which mean's your Dodgers/BoSox World Series is a distinct possibility...

I'm with ya.

OB
10-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Well if we are both rooting for the rays - they are screwed LMAO :lol:

I DONT want the red sox to win but if they do i want them to play the dodgers

I will puke if they win another world series :tsk: :tsk:

CoachChaz
10-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Well if we are both rooting for the rays - they are screwed LMAO :lol:

I DONT want the red sox to win but if they do i want them to play the dodgers

I will puke if they win another world series :tsk: :tsk:

I would MUCH rather see the Sox win 2 WS in 10 years than ever see the Yankees win that shit again.

I NEVER, EVER want to hear a Yankees fan bitch about a rival winning multiple WS.

OB
10-13-2008, 01:34 PM
I would MUCH rather see the Sox win 2 WS in 10 years than ever see the Yankees win that shit again.

I NEVER, EVER want to hear a Yankees fan bitch about a rival winning multiple WS.

BITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eviltongue:

You too midget

CoachChaz
10-13-2008, 01:57 PM
BITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've offered