PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning answers tough questions on heels of 1st loss as Bronco

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Given his previous NFL success and respect throughout the league, Peyton Manning appeared insulted Wednesday when asked about the state of his confidence on the heels of Monday's 27-21 loss at Atlanta.

"It's not deterred at all, if you're insinuating that," Manning said during his weekly press conference. "We're still learning about each other. Different opponents each week, live bullets, different types of defenses. As we all continue to learn, the key is you want to win games while you continue to learn. We did that the first game, didn't do it this week. But there is that process."

Manning was also asked what he learned about the three first-half interceptions he threw against the Falcons, after watching video of his first loss in a Broncos uniform, and his arm strength.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21583717/peyton-manning-answers-tough-questions-heels-1st-loss

HORSEPOWER 56
09-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Bush league... the fact that they allow any clown with a press pass to ask stupid questions is almost ridiculous. Asking Manning about his confidence after as loss? Seriously? As if a 14 year vet HOFer hasn't ever lost a game before and as if this latest loss will somehow break the confidence of one of the greatest QBs of all time is laughable. The guy who asked the question's peers should laugh him off the field... Shit, I'm offended at those stupid questions.

Bush league journalism... :tsk:

slim
09-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Who asked the question?

slim
09-19-2012, 04:00 PM
I bet it was the radio guy with the lisp.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Who asked the question?

I'm sure it was one of the local hack types that always hang around after practice hoping for a sound bite so they can get out of the Denver Post's mail room...

Krugan
09-19-2012, 04:46 PM
I agree about the confidence question, entirly pointless.

I do feel that the arm strength questions are not only acceptable but should continue. A QB has a couple things he has to have, a solid head(covered) and a strong arm(questionable).

What has been adressed by both manning and elway is fine, but until it is either shown to be lost or closer to where it used to be, its a legit question.

Ravage!!!
09-19-2012, 05:30 PM
I agree about the confidence question, entirly pointless.

I do feel that the arm strength questions are not only acceptable but should continue. A QB has a couple things he has to have, a solid head(covered) and a strong arm(questionable).

What has been adressed by both manning and elway is fine, but until it is either shown to be lost or closer to where it used to be, its a legit question.

Really? So questioning is going to change.... what? IT seems that when Manning looked great against Pitt, it wasn't a question. 90% of the throws on MNF, it wasn't a question. He throws some INTs that were OBVIOUSLY because of bad reads and had nothing to do with arm strength, then it's a "need" to continue to ask him about it??

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2012, 05:44 PM
from article:

"I don't really answer those questions. Full participation in practice today," the Denver Broncos quarterback said, via NFL Network's best-dressed reporter Jeff Darlington.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000064067/article/peyton-manning-on-arm-strength-it-is-what-it-is

I wonder if it was Darlington who ask the question??????

slim
09-19-2012, 05:46 PM
from article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000064067/article/peyton-manning-on-arm-strength-it-is-what-it-is

I wonder if it was Darlington who ask the question??????

Probably. He seems like a smarmy SOB.

Krugan
09-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Really? So questioning is going to change.... what? IT seems that when Manning looked great against Pitt, it wasn't a question. 90% of the throws on MNF, it wasn't a question. He throws some INTs that were OBVIOUSLY because of bad reads and had nothing to do with arm strength, then it's a "need" to continue to ask him about it??

Uhhmm NO rav, his arm strength returing is a question mark. Why not ask about it, besides the fact you will never get much more than a scripted response.

Its not about changing it, its about information. Why does it hurt to ask about it? Maybe you just dont like the question. Or you have an issue with my post as you seem to comment to me with a snide attitude often.

Yes they were bad reads, more than bad reads, they where delivered late, with a lollipop arc, but that isnt okay, because it might continue to call into question the arm strength...

I love the guys smarts, and there is no doubt he is one fo the greatest, it doenst change that there are question marks there, and golygee someone in the press asked the same question again.

pegcage
09-19-2012, 09:30 PM
I remember when Peyton threw 5 interceptions against San Diego and then came back to almost win the game. But anyway, it happened when he was in his prime. It happens to the very best. He will bounce back, probably against his old nemesis, Houston. Not saying they will necessarily win, but he will look good I bet.

MOtorboat
09-19-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm sure it was one of the local hack types that always hang around after practice hoping for a sound bite so they can get out of the Denver Post's mail room...

I hope they ban all media so you can't get any information about anything.

Poet
09-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Bush league... the fact that they allow any clown with a press pass to ask stupid questions is almost ridiculous. Asking Manning about his confidence after as loss? Seriously? As if a 14 year vet HOFer hasn't ever lost a game before and as if this latest loss will somehow break the confidence of one of the greatest QBs of all time is laughable. The guy who asked the question's peers should laugh him off the field... Shit, I'm offended at those stupid questions.

Bush league journalism... :tsk:
It' legitimate journalism and a legitimate question. I don't understand why fans think it's bad journalism to ask a question to one of their players that they don't like.

MOtorboat
09-19-2012, 09:43 PM
It' legitimate journalism and a legitimate question. I don't understand why fans think it's bad journalism to ask a question to one of their players that they don't like.

It's not "bush league" at all to ask about confidence after throwing three interceptions and a year off because of injury.

Manning has every right to answer it any way he wants, but its not in any way "bush league" to ask it.

Fans typically want questions to be fluffy and nice. I think that might be the case here.

Poet
09-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Athletes in the NFL make minimum 300,000 grand, they've been around the block, they're adults. The notion that asking a question that may make someone upset, angry, uncomfortable, sad or any 'negative' emotion is absurd at best and all out retarded at worst.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-20-2012, 01:42 PM
It's not "bush league" at all to ask about confidence after throwing three interceptions and a year off because of injury.

Manning has every right to answer it any way he wants, but its not in any way "bush league" to ask it.

Fans typically want questions to be fluffy and nice. I think that might be the case here.

So you were expecting Manning to say, "yep, my confidence has really taken a hit because I made some bad decisions in the first quarter of an away game in the second game of the season. I just don't feel confident that I'm the right guy for the job, they should put in Osweiler or Hanie..." ?

No? You don't think he'll say it? Then why ask the question when you already know the answer? That's the point. Why do these retard media types constantly ask the questions that they, and everyone with half a brain, already know the answer to? It's borderline insulting. Honestly, I think the majority of the press conferences, both after a win or a loss are just gas. Sure, grill the coach - once - after the game then let the team move on, but to continuously bother the players all week long after every practice so they can give the same canned answers is just dumb. I actually feel for the players that they're contractually obligated to stand there and answer the same stupid questions every week.

Is there ever a doubt after a game that the winning players will give credit to their teammates and the coaches, say it's a long season ahead, say the other team played a great game, say they have to prepare for their next opponent, and say they have to correct the mistakes they made last game?

Now, is there ever a doubt that the above exact same things aren't true after a loss except maybe handing out some credit to their own team?

This isn't news, and it isn't journalism, it's just our weekly dose of hot air...

MOtorboat
09-20-2012, 02:20 PM
So you were expecting Manning to say, "yep, my confidence has really taken a hit because I made some bad decisions in the first quarter of an away game in the second game of the season. I just don't feel confident that I'm the right guy for the job, they should put in Osweiler or Hanie..." ?

No? You don't think he'll say it? Then why ask the question when you already know the answer? That's the point. Why do these retard media types constantly ask the questions that they, and everyone with half a brain, already know the answer to? It's borderline insulting. Honestly, I think the majority of the press conferences, both after a win or a loss are just gas. Sure, grill the coach - once - after the game then let the team move on, but to continuously bother the players all week long after every practice so they can give the same canned answers is just dumb. I actually feel for the players that they're contractually obligated to stand there and answer the same stupid questions every week.

Is there ever a doubt after a game that the winning players will give credit to their teammates and the coaches, say it's a long season ahead, say the other team played a great game, say they have to prepare for their next opponent, and say they have to correct the mistakes they made last game?

Now, is there ever a doubt that the above exact same things aren't true after a loss except maybe handing out some credit to their own team?

This isn't news, and it isn't journalism, it's just our weekly dose of hot air...

Well, then don't pay attention to it.

It certaintly isn't wrong to ask the question, and personally I think its even worse to question why the question was asked.

What questions should be asked?

You want Broncos news, don't you? Or, maybe they should just cut everything off and let the fans suffer. I think that's probably a better solution, actually.

silkamilkamonico
09-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Manning's fine. Dude struggled early in a hostile environment against a great team on the an electrifyingly big stage. Big deal. It happens. Dude also rebounded nicely, figured everything out, and almost came from behind and won, against a great team, in a hostile environemnt on Monday night, on the road.

I was cussing like crazy in the first half, and before tempting to shut it off I found the flow of the rest of the game quite pleasing.
Dener simply ran out of time. They don't have that start, I think they win.

silkamilkamonico
09-20-2012, 03:01 PM

Reporters can ask all they want. It's their job. But yea I find it hilarious when they ask questions like that. Definetely fishing for a first.

Ravage!!!
09-20-2012, 03:09 PM
I think its a situation where the reporter has a job to be there, ask questions about the game, and there just aren't that many questions to ask. What do you do? Stand there and look at him? Simply ask a question, and maybe, possibly, the answer entails something that could result in a follow up question.

Northman
09-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Who asked the question?

Bullgator.

Northman
09-20-2012, 03:28 PM
And what is with King and MO flogging each in this thread? Get a ******* room you dopes.

Poet
09-20-2012, 03:30 PM
And what is with King and MO flogging each in this thread? Get a ******* room you dopes.

/inserts disparaging remark and Northman and his mother

MOtorboat
09-20-2012, 04:32 PM

Metal blows