PDA

View Full Version : Texans

TackHammer
09-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Y'all ready?
Going to be an interesting game. First somewhat decent team we play this year so I guess you could call it a "TEST"game.
Here's to Jughead and more of those interceptions he seemed so fond of on Monday night.:shocked:

chazoe60
09-18-2012, 12:29 PM
How bout them Oilers huh? They look tough this year.

TackHammer
09-18-2012, 12:40 PM

Psssst....you missed em by about fifteen years. Maybe you can go back and fix it before anyone notices.

You can do better then that.
I mean really...Oilers smack?

CoachChaz
09-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Y'all ready?
Going to be an interesting game. First somewhat decent team we play this year so I guess you could call it a "TEST"game.
Here's to Jughead and more of those interceptions he seemed so fond of on Monday night.:shocked:

Did you sleep through the first two games?

Texanmike02
09-18-2012, 12:45 PM

But anyways, thanks for the HC.

Mike

chazoe60
Did you sleep through the first two games?
He's talking about the Oilers, Chaz. They have played two cupcakes in the first two weeks.

Northman
Texans are solid but the only time they made the playoffs was when Manning was out. Get ready for more sweet sorrow.

CoachChaz
09-18-2012, 12:46 PM
He's talking about the Oilers, Chaz. They have played two cupcakes in the first two weeks.

He said first decent team WE play this year

chazoe60
09-18-2012, 12:46 PM

But anyways, thanks for the HC.

Mike

That guy really showed you in that screen shot. :laugh:

chazoe60
09-18-2012, 12:47 PM

Yeah, we as in the Oilers. He's an Oilers fan.

CoachChaz
09-18-2012, 12:47 PM

Nevermind...I guess I didnt realize he was a Texans fan. It was my Polish moment for the day

chazoe60
09-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Nevermind...I guess I didnt realize he was a Texans fan. It was my Polish moment for the day

No worries, happens to the best of us and you too.

TackHammer
Pretty much.They were over in the first quarter.

Texanmike02
Texans are solid but the only time they made the playoffs was when Manning was out. Get ready for more sweet sorrow.

Manning wasn't the reason we didn't make the playoffs. We didn't make the playoffs because we were a bad team. We aren't a bad team anymore. I think this game is a toss up. If it were a home game for us I would say Hou -3.5.

Mike

chazoe60
09-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Manning wasn't the reason we didn't make the playoffs. We didn't make the playoffs because we were a bad team. We aren't a bad team anymore. I think this game is a toss up. If it were a home game for us I would say Hou -3.5.

Mike

It should be good. I just hope Manning gets it back on track. I think our run D will get its first real test.

TackHammer
09-18-2012, 12:51 PM

You actually believe that?

CoachChaz
09-18-2012, 12:52 PM
It'll be interesting to see if Cushing has any supplements that help him breathe better at altitude against a no-huddle offense

TackHammer
09-18-2012, 12:58 PM
It'll be interesting to see if Cushing has any supplements that help him breathe better at altitude against a no-huddle offense

Everyones using a form of the no huddle this year. The Texans are using the Sugar/Muddle Huddle this year.
And I wouldnt worry about the Texans getting to tired. With our rotation the guys get plenty of rest.
And it didnt seem to bother the Falcons.

weazel
09-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Y'all ready?

people from Texas are the coolest.

CoachChaz
09-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Everyones using a form of the no huddle this year. The Texans are using the Sugar/Muddle Huddle this year.
And I wouldnt worry about the Texans getting to tired. With our rotation the guys get plenty of rest.
And it didnt seem to bother the Falcons.

Falcons played against it in Atlanta...not Mile High. If it had an effect on a solid Steelers defense that played there in January...I would hope it could affect a mediocre Texans defense.

CoachChaz
09-18-2012, 01:01 PM
people from Texas are the coolest.

Not in July and August we aren't

Texanmike02
09-18-2012, 01:01 PM
It should be good. I just hope Manning gets it back on track. I think our run D will get its first real test.

I think these are the two best teams in the AFC. Honestly, I think Houston is slightly better because I don't see any weakness on our team. I don't think there is even an area of the game that we are just average and I think the Broncos running game is just average. Other than that if you rank these teams by position they are both in the top 5 in just about every unit.

After these two it would be the usual suspects. Balt, Pitt etc.

Mike

weazel
09-18-2012, 01:02 PM
I like the Texans... its going to be a very tough game for the Broncos. I could see Houston making it to the superbowl this season

Texanmike02
09-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Falcons played against it in Atlanta...not Mile High. If it had an effect on a solid Steelers defense that played there in January...I would hope it could affect a mediocre Texans defense.

I know this is the smack shack and all... but that doesn't mean that you should say isht that doesn't make sense. The Texans defense is anything but mediocre.

Mike

CoachChaz
09-18-2012, 01:06 PM
I know this is the smack shack and all... but that doesn't mean that you should say isht that doesn't make sense. The Texans defense is anything but mediocre.

Mike

I'm just not enamored with it. I think they come back to reality after playing two creampuffs. That's just my opinion

Texanmike02
09-18-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm just not enamored with it. I think they come back to reality after playing two creampuffs. That's just my opinion

We've got a beast on every unit (Watt, Cushing, Joseph) and no real weakness (even KJ looks pretty good) along with a DC who has experience against Manning in the past. Other than when Phillips was a DC at Atlanta, when they were terrible in 02 and the HC got fired half way through the season, Manning has put up decent numbers but been relatively inefficient against Phillips. We will find out for sure this weekend but I don't think you can call our defense mediocre.

Mike

SR

I think Atlanta was a good test for Denver's run defense. But Foster/Tate are a different animal than Rodgers and Turner.

SR

If Cushing takes it, I'd take it.

SR
09-18-2012, 01:24 PM
We've got a beast on every unit (Watt, Cushing, Joseph) and no real weakness (even KJ looks pretty good) along with a DC who has experience against Manning in the past. Other than when Phillips was a DC at Atlanta, when they were terrible in 02 and the HC got fired half way through the season, Manning has put up decent numbers but been relatively inefficient against Phillips. We will find out for sure this weekend but I don't think you can call our defense mediocre.

Mike

So far, Houston's defense looks good. If Denver can get their lives together, your defense has the potential to get shredded this week.

Northman
09-18-2012, 01:32 PM

Mike

I beg to differ, especially three years ago when you guys had a legitimate shot at the division title. Again, it was Manning and the Colts who snatched it away from you.

Texanmike02
09-18-2012, 01:35 PM
So far, Houston's defense looks good. If Denver can get their lives together, your defense has the potential to get shredded this week.

The biggest weakness on our D is CB2. I expect that JJo locks down DThomas and Mccain (nickel CB) takes Stokley. That leaves KJackson on Decker with S help rolled to Kjax side. Manning is fast enough that DThomas isn't just going to go over the top and as a whole the Texans play disciplined and tackle well. The bubble screens are harder to pull off (like DT's TD in week 1) for big yardage when your OLB can get off blocks (Reed is great at getting out to the flats and off of blocks). I doubt we get shredded. The Texans can put up huge numbers on offense too but I don't think we will shred your defense either. I'm expecting both teams to score between 17-24 pts. First one to 20 wins if you ask me. We can run the ball enough to keep Manning off the field, which I think we will do. I expect to see 20+ carries for Foster and 15+ carries for Tate.

And that's not talking smack. You guys have a stout D too. This game is probably going to come down to ball security (I know, that's low hanging fruit but in this game it really may be the difference).

Mike

slim
09-18-2012, 01:36 PM
I think Atlanta was a good test for Denver's run defense. But Foster/Tate are a different animal than Rodgers and Turner.

Atlanta's run game sucks.

Northman
09-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Although im a UVA/Schaub fan suffice to say Matt has been inconsistent and has a tendency at turning the ball over at the wrong time.

SR
09-18-2012, 01:41 PM
The biggest weakness on our D is CB2. I expect that JJo locks down DThomas and Mccain (nickel CB) takes Stokley. That leaves KJackson on Decker with S help rolled to Kjax side. Manning is fast enough that DThomas isn't just going to go over the top and as a whole the Texans play disciplined and tackle well. The bubble screens are harder to pull off (like DT's TD in week 1) for big yardage when your OLB can get off blocks (Reed is great at getting out to the flats and off of blocks). I doubt we get shredded. The Texans can put up huge numbers on offense too but I don't think we will shred your defense either. I'm expecting both teams to score between 17-24 pts. First one to 20 wins if you ask me. We can run the ball enough to keep Manning off the field, which I think we will do. I expect to see 20+ carries for Foster and 15+ carries for Tate.

And that's not talking smack. You guys have a stout D too. This game is probably going to come down to ball security (I know, that's low hanging fruit but in this game it really may be the difference).

Mike

Obviously, turnovers are an apparent problem for the Broncos currently.

SR
09-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Atlanta's run game sucks.

Turner has gone for over a thousand in three of the past four seasons. I'd hardly say it "sucks".

Texanmike02
09-18-2012, 01:44 PM
I beg to differ, especially three years ago when you guys had a legitimate shot at the division title. Again, it was Manning and the Colts who snatched it away from you.

We were a 9-7 team. We were at the very best a mediocre team playing a poor schedule. The only teams that were over .500 that we beat were the Bengals (another mediocre team benefitting from a weak schedule) and the Pats (sat their starters at the half). We had no business winning the division and might have gotten in as a wild card (ironically had the Colts not sat the starters in the second half of their sunday night game against the Jets in week 17). Manning wasn't the reason we didn't make the playoffs, we were.

Mike

slim
09-18-2012, 01:46 PM
Turner has gone for over a thousand in three of the past four seasons. I'd hardly say it "sucks".

Stop living in the past. There run game is not good right now. Frankly I don't think they care, either.

CoachChaz
09-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Most fans over value their teams...I suppose Houston fans have the right to do so as well

Texanmike02
09-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Although im a UVA/Schaub fan suffice to say Matt has been inconsistent and has a tendency at turning the ball over at the wrong time.

I couldn't disagree more. I mean, every QB has turned the ball over a few times in their career (Manning's completion to Tracy Porter in the SB, for example) and yes, Matt has had a few of those but he has been pretty good in the clutch too. I used to joke that Matt wasn't a fit for our team. Pre-Phillips days we needed a QB that could run the twelve second offense after our defense gave up the game winning TD after Matt's first game winning TD. Our defense has blown at least 5 last minute comebacks of Matts. Only really bad pass he threw late in a game was probably the pick six to Balt but IIRC he had thrown like 56 passes that day and when you throw that much you will eventually get picked.

(jets drive 80 yards in the last 0:46 the week after the Jags catch a hail Mary...)

Mike

Texanmike02
09-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Most fans over value their teams...I suppose Houston fans have the right to do so as well

I really try not to. I spent the morning arguing for NE, DEN, BAL and PIT as the best teams in the league vs the Texans. I can't come up with a compelling reason to believe in any of those teams other than DEN. NE has a lot of weaknesses, BAL has flacco (nuf said) and Pitt... they can't really be in the discussion. DEN has last night. I think it was an anomoly and HOU isn't tested... so its a toss up between the two. Later tonight I'll break down the positions.

Mike

Northman
09-18-2012, 02:04 PM
I couldn't disagree more. I mean, every QB has turned the ball over a few times in their career (Manning's completion to Tracy Porter in the SB, for example) and yes, Matt has had a few of those but he has been pretty good in the clutch too. I used to joke that Matt wasn't a fit for our team. Pre-Phillips days we needed a QB that could run the twelve second offense after our defense gave up the game winning TD after Matt's first game winning TD. Our defense has blown at least 5 last minute comebacks of Matts. Only really bad pass he threw late in a game was probably the pick six to Balt but IIRC he had thrown like 56 passes that day and when you throw that much you will eventually get picked.

(jets drive 80 yards in the last 0:46 the week after the Jags catch a hail Mary...)

Mike

Last year against Oakland. Ive been watching Schaub going all the way back to college. I know what im talking about but it doesnt make me dislike him as a QB. I would still take him over quite a few in the league but he still has to work on being consistent when his team needs him to be.

CoachChaz
09-18-2012, 02:16 PM
I really try not to. I spent the morning arguing for NE, DEN, BAL and PIT as the best teams in the league vs the Texans. I can't come up with a compelling reason to believe in any of those teams other than DEN. NE has a lot of weaknesses, BAL has flacco (nuf said) and Pitt... they can't really be in the discussion. DEN has last night. I think it was an anomoly and HOU isn't tested... so its a toss up between the two. Later tonight I'll break down the positions.

Mike

The thing that tends to entertain me here is most people can spend all day long talking about how horrible we are, but if a fan from another team says it...many of those same people will tell them just great we are.

Texanmike02
09-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Last year against Oakland. Ive been watching Schaub going all the way back to college. I know what im talking about but it doesnt make me dislike him as a QB. I would still take him over quite a few in the league but he still has to work on being consistent when his team needs him to be.

I don't think he made the mistake in that instance. Jacoby Jones screwed that up. He gave position away after getting it. It happened right in front of me. But lets assume, for the sake of argument, that it was a bad throw. Schaub has to throw the ball. Time is expired (iirc) and you can't take a sack. No way he makes it into the endzone. That isn't what I think of when I think of "mistakes".

But to your point, Matt isn't an "elite QB". I wouldn't say he's not consistent, I would say he just isn't elite. I thought, based on your post, that you think he is mistake prone and if that is what you think then I disagree. He is what he is. He's a very good QB that makes good decisions and runs the offense efficiently. I don't think he is more or less prone to mistakes than most QBs and given the right tools he is probably a top 7 QB. Manning, Brady, Rogers, Brees... after those 4 Schaub is in the next tier.

Mike

Northman
09-18-2012, 02:29 PM
But to your point, Matt isn't an "elite QB". after those 4 Schaub is in the next tier.

Mike

To this we would agree.

Texanmike02
09-18-2012, 02:40 PM
The thing that tends to entertain me here is most people can spend all day long talking about how horrible we are, but if a fan from another team says it...many of those same people will tell them just great we are.

I'm a diehard texans fan (you should see my office) but I was an Oilers fan too. I root for the Texans and want them to win but I talk about them I try to be objective. If they win or lose there is nothing I can do about it. Either way I try to be accurate in my assessment. I don't usually ride the emotional rollercoaster (other than during a game). Instead you will find that when everyone says they are the worst team in the league or the best team in the league I wind up arguing against either assertion. In this case I have a hard time making that argument. If I had to seed teams in the league I would go something like this:

SF
Hou
GB
Den
NYG
ATL
PHI
PIT
NE
Balt
CHI

and then there are a bunch of teams that are decent but don't really have a shot.

And FYI, I think Manning is the GOAT. Not the best QB, the best player. I have a very healthy respect for him. If this was 2013 or 2014 I might put you guys ahead of us. I was an Indy fan between 97 and 2002 (when houston was without a team) and one of the things that made him great was just his work with the receivers. He used to go out and work with Harrison (and stokely and Wayne etc) and run crazy routes pregame. I swear he could have hit each of them blind folded. I just don't think that he has had enough time to teach/build that kind of continuity with the offense and the OL. The question for you guys in my opinion is does he get to build that before his skills decline significantly.

Mike

Thnikkaman
09-18-2012, 02:57 PM
I think by week 9 or 10, we will begin to see those signs. I think Manning will near 100% next year, and we'll get a good 2-3 seasons out of him.

Then... Back to the land of suck.

Texanmike02
09-18-2012, 03:00 PM
I think by week 9 or 10, we will begin to see those signs. I think Manning will near 100% next year, and we'll get a good 2-3 seasons out of him.

Then... Back to the land of suck.

I think you're right. Well, except for the "land of suck" part. You've got a chance to get a young QB and have him as Manning's understudy for a few years. There aren't very many people that are better to learn how to be a) a professional and b) a QB from than Manning. You guys are making a mistake if you don't go get a QB in the 3rd round (ish) in the next few years to learn from him.

Mike

edit: and if you're lucky you Manning will decide that you guys took a chance on him and he'll stay on as a coach. I don't know if he's ever talked about being a coach but he is made for it.

TackHammer
09-18-2012, 03:04 PM

He's doing well so far this season.....0
He'll obviously throw some picks at some point,but you can say that about all QBs. Even ones named Peyton Manning.
Once PM and the receivers get comfortable with each other I expect him to improve. But yesterday was ugly!!

Northman
09-18-2012, 03:19 PM
He's doing well so far this season.....0
He'll obviously throw some picks at some point,but you can say that about all QBs. Even ones named Peyton Manning.
Once PM and the receivers get comfortable with each other I expect him to improve. But yesterday was ugly!!

Schaub generally always starts out strong, its down the stretch that has been his issue, not counting his injury history. Half the battle for him is keeping himself upright and healthy.

Texanmike02
09-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Schaub generally always starts out strong, its down the stretch that has been his issue, not counting his injury history. Half the battle for him is keeping himself upright and healthy.

I'm really not sure where you get this from. I wasn't sure if you meant during a game or down the stretch (as in the end of a season) so I compiled both numbers. In the 4th Quarter, since 2008 Schaub has a QB rating of 101.2 by my calculations (using http://www.primecomputing.com/). If it is the end of the season that you are looking at, from 2008-2010 (2011 doesn't apply obviously) here are Schaub's numbers: 305/473 3883 yards 20 TD and 9 INT. That winds up with a 96.2 passer rating and his record is 8-4. Those numbers aren't bad over a 16 game season... over 12 games I would take that from anyone but the afforementioned elite 4. My numbers are taken from the profootball reference (I have it on a thumb drive). The last part is more true than your first assertion but even then he has started 46 of the last 52 games. (Broken foot).

His health really is his issue, but performance late in games (or in a season) hasn't been the issue.

Mike

MasterShake
09-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Whats with all the cordial discussion ****-suckers?! Smack thread! **** the Raiders!

BroncoJoe
09-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Hi Mike,

I think we know your name now. You can stop signing every post.

Joe

CoachChaz
09-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Hi Mike,

Joe

Good idea.

-Chaz

slim
09-18-2012, 05:42 PM
If we don't sign our posts, how will the reader know who wrote it?

slim

chazoe60
09-18-2012, 05:56 PM
I can't bring myself to smack that much about the Texans. I still think of them as the Broncos South. I just can't muster up any hate for them. Kubes will always be a Bronco to me.

I'll throw a couple of Oilers jabs at any Texan fan stragglers but it's not that fun smacking a team I like. Don't get me wrong I'll be hoping for a 45-0 drubbing come Sunday and will despise them for 3hrs(replacement refs I forgot) 8hrs on Sunday but I can't fake it now.

Plus they're really ****** good, so any smack could turn into crow come Sunday.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I almost forgot

chazoe60

OrangeHoof
09-18-2012, 06:43 PM

I've watched a lot of Schaub and his gift for the "WTF interception" is well known. It happens about eight times a year. Already happened in the pre-season this year. He's not a bad QB but he does seem to throw some really terrible INTs at times. Remember that OT loss to the Ravens two years ago? Or to Oakland last year?

You can't blame Texans fans for some residual hate against Peyton Manning. I mean he did own them for roughly a decade. And "getting to Peyton Manning" was why they drafted Amobi Okoye a few years ago when Patrick Willis and Darelle Revis were on the board.

Jsteve01
09-19-2012, 09:46 AM

Mike

First of all Welcome. We appreciate it when members of the Houston Broncos post here. I think most of our members agree that with Kubes, Rick Smith, Jim Ryan, Karl Dorrell and Wade Phillips presence on the staff we have a fond place in our collective hearts for Texans....until they play the Broncos.

I will have to disagree with your assessment that Joseph shuts DT down. The only people right now that have that ability are our coaching staff, Peyton and DT himself. But given his constant improvement over the last 10 or so games, I'd say that's rather far fetched.

Texanmike02
09-19-2012, 10:21 AM
I've watched a lot of Schaub and his gift for the "WTF interception" is well known. It happens about eight times a year. Already happened in the pre-season this year. He's not a bad QB but he does seem to throw some really terrible INTs at times. Remember that OT loss to the Ravens two years ago? Or to Oakland last year?

You can't blame Texans fans for some residual hate against Peyton Manning. I mean he did own them for roughly a decade. And "getting to Peyton Manning" was why they drafted Amobi Okoye a few years ago when Patrick Willis and Darelle Revis were on the board.

Orange, you can pick any QB and point to bad interceptions they threw at inopportune times. I've already listed the Ravens and OK. You go back and look at Manning, Brady, Brees etc, they have all thrown memorable... terrible INTs at bad times. Hell, Manning's SB INT was a TERRIBLE decision. The INT vs Oakland wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. Time was expired and you have to throw the ball somewhere, even if noone is open.Even the Balt INT... he threw the ball 62 times. INTs happen. And for the record, I don't hate Manning. He's the GOAT.

Mike

Texanmike02
09-19-2012, 10:28 AM
First of all Welcome. We appreciate it when members of the Houston Broncos post here. I think most of our members agree that with Kubes, Rick Smith, Jim Ryan, Karl Dorrell and Wade Phillips presence on the staff we have a fond place in our collective hearts for Texans....until they play the Broncos.

I will have to disagree with your assessment that Joseph shuts DT down. The only people right now that have that ability are our coaching staff, Peyton and DT himself. But given his constant improvement over the last 10 or so games, I'd say that's rather far fetched.

Thanks for the welcome. I have DT on my fantasy team, ftr. I know what he's capable of, when I drafted him ahead of some of the "big name" receivers everybody looked at me like WTF? Who's laughing now. I am not saying that he doesn't get his, I am banking on prob 12 targets, 6-8 receptions for about 90-110 yards with a TD. What I am saying is that JJo will cover him. He won't blow up Julius Jones style though. The most important thing is that we will leave Joseph on an island and not roll coverage to his side. You can give up yards to DT and still beat you guys. What you can't do is give up yards to Dressen, Decker and Stokley. I think we've got the personnel to keep the "other guys" from beating us.

Oh, and it's the Texans. Don't know if you got the memo.

edit: I'm also glad you guys got Manning. I genuinely like the guy (got a friend that went to school with him and had nothing but good things to say). Not only is he the GOAT but he does it the right way. He's the kind of guy you tell your kids to emulate. I hated when they put the Texans in the same division as the Colts. Glad I can root for him most weeks now.

Mike

Texanmike02
09-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Hi Mike,

Joe

Good idea.

-Chaz

If we don't sign our posts, how will the reader know who wrote it?

slim

I can't bring myself to smack that much about the Texans. I still think of them as the Broncos South. I just can't muster up any hate for them. Kubes will always be a Bronco to me.

I'll throw a couple of Oilers jabs at any Texan fan stragglers but it's not that fun smacking a team I like. Don't get me wrong I'll be hoping for a 45-0 drubbing come Sunday and will despise them for 3hrs(replacement refs I forgot) 8hrs on Sunday but I can't fake it now.

Plus they're really ****** good, so any smack could turn into crow come Sunday.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I almost forgot

chazoe60

Old habits die hard. Been signing posts since back in the BBS days and probably not going to stop anytime soon. Sorry you guys take offense.

Mike

OrangeHoof
09-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Orange, you can pick any QB and point to bad interceptions they threw at inopportune times. I've already listed the Ravens and OK. You go back and look at Manning, Brady, Brees etc, they have all thrown memorable... terrible INTs at bad times. Hell, Manning's SB INT was a TERRIBLE decision. The INT vs Oakland wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. Time was expired and you have to throw the ball somewhere, even if noone is open.Even the Balt INT... he threw the ball 62 times. INTs happen. And for the record, I don't hate Manning. He's the GOAT.

Mike

Not all INTs are created equal. It's the ones where you go "where were you throwing? what were you thinking?" picks that make this category and I don't see Brady or Manning throwing those. You see Jake Plummer throwing those. Schaub is prone to those (although not quite as much as Plummer was).

On the Oakland one, he could have run it in but was still looking for a receiver who wasn't open. On the Ravens one, it was the start of overtime and dumped into the flat with little on it. In other words, they weren't just poor decisions but poor executions of their poor decision.

That said, Schaub does a great job with play actions and bootlegs, much the way Kubiak wanted Plummer to do but he doesn't always make sound decisions whether they turn into picks or receptions.

Texanmike02
09-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Not all INTs are created equal. It's the ones where you go "where were you throwing? what were you thinking?" picks that make this category and I don't see Brady or Manning throwing those. You see Jake Plummer throwing those. Schaub is prone to those (although not quite as much as Plummer was).

On the Oakland one, he could have run it in but was still looking for a receiver who wasn't open. On the Ravens one, it was the start of overtime and dumped into the flat with little on it. In other words, they weren't just poor decisions but poor executions of their poor decision.

That said, Schaub does a great job with play actions and bootlegs, much the way Kubiak wanted Plummer to do but he doesn't always make sound decisions whether they turn into picks or receptions.

No doubt that the Balt throw was il-advised. As for the Oakland one, he couldn't have run that in. Schaub just isn't fast enough to make anything happen with his feet. It happened right in front of me (I was about 14 rows back, at that game sitting on the right side of the endzone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhW74ZgK_Cc This isn't a video I shot but it is exactly the angle I saw the play at live. Don't watch Schaub, watch Jones (number 12, right side of the screen). Jones actually has position and basically posts up Huff. As Schaub throws the ball Jones gives up. Schaub made the right play, Jones just gives up. Its a broken play but you can see that there is no way he's getting to the endzone.

And when you are talking about Manning/Brady, they do throw those. Manning to Porter in the SB. Brady to Champ, in the mid 00's... playoff game, pick six endzone to endzone. The problem with Schaub is he doesn't have the miracle comebacks to balance it out. Well, he has a few... but a lot of them were lost to our defense. (In 2010 alone, he had 3 game winning/tying drives, inside of 3 mins to play, only to lose on last second TDs by the other team.) Of course he hasn't had the same success as Brady/Manning and I'm not putting him in their class. They are elite. I just don't get the rub that he throws bad ints, at least not any more than any other QB. If you remember, the knock against Manning in the early/mid 00's was his propencity to throw INTs at bad spots in playoff games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n74qajrx4b4&feature=player_detailpage

Not going to post them all but Manning to Asante Samuel (for both the Pats and Eagles)...

The point I'm making is not that Schaub is all world (I'm on record as saying he's in the very good not elite categories. The point I'm making is that every QB throws WTF interceptions in bad spots. Montana/Young/Moon/Favre/Manning/Brady... everyone throws them. In fact, the guys that are scared to make those dangerous throws don't win anything, ever. (With the exception of Trent Dilfer... he rode shotgun)

Mike