PDA

View Full Version : McGahee

Foochacho
09-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Does any one work harder for those yards? The man can move mountains. Everybody gushed over Hillis when he was here. **** Hillis, McGahee is a beast. Everytime we got in the redzone I was hoping Willis would get it. Give him enough chances and he will push through. He didn't disappoint either. The line deserves credit too for the extra effort on the goalline.

Foochacho
09-18-2012, 11:15 AM
http://zipmeme.com/uploads/generated/g134798483187528102.jpg

Made a knowshon meme not sure how to get just the pic to show. I suck at computers.

BeefStew25
09-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Our Irish running back is a good man. He also has white facial features for a black person. Intrigues me.

G_Money
09-18-2012, 02:15 PM
McGahee is a hard running, never-give-up beast. Which is gonna get him nicked up something fierce, so we REALLY need a better 2nd-stringer than Moreno. Hillman needs to ascend the depth chart quickly - he has a similar picking-his-way-through-traffic style without as much leg drive (but with more than Moreno for sure) and better speed. Willis's leg drive astounds me.

It's hard for rookies to get on the field, especially if we're just gonna use a one-back offense, unless they excel at blitz-pickup. Moreno sucks at it, though, so you'd think that wouldn't be too high a bar to clear.

I hope he's picking up the offense and protections quickly, because the guy giving McGahee a break shouldn't blow chunks all over the field. It defeats the purpose of having the ground game be a big part of the offense. TIA.

~G

Northman
09-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Haha! Welcome to the bandwagon Foo.

Krugan
09-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Im gonna have to go ahead and disagree.

far to often do I see him bounce instead of just lower the shoulders and get that yard.

that is all

BroncoNut
09-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Our Irish running back is a good man. He also has white facial features for a black person. Intrigues me.

so does Ray Lewis I noticed. angular facial features.

BroncoNut
09-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Im gonna have to go ahead and disagree.

far to often do I see him bounce instead of just lower the shoulders and get that yard.

that is all

oh I dont' see that. I see him finishing by driving and twisting to get what he can after contact.

rationalfan
09-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Does any one work harder for those yards? The man can move mountains. Everybody gushed over Hillis when he was here. **** Hillis, McGahee is a beast. Everytime we got in the redzone I was hoping Willis would get it. Give him enough chances and he will push through. He didn't disappoint either. The line deserves credit too for the extra effort on the goalline.

very interesting point. mcgahee's twice the back hillis was in denver, yet he gets one-quarter the amount of praise (at least, on this board). why? there's an obvious answer, but i'm not sure it's the right answer.

BroncoNut
09-18-2012, 03:13 PM
very interesting point. mcgahee's twice the back hillis was in denver, yet he gets one-quarter the amount of praise (at least, on this board). why? there's an obvious answer, but i'm not sure it's the right answer.

i think I know what you are thinking. a blackman runs for 1200 yards and he's just doing what he's supposed to do. A white man does the same and he's a special talent.

weazel
09-18-2012, 03:17 PM

I've always liked McGahee, and wanted him drafted here... but Im a Hurricanes fan :couch:

Ravage!!!
09-18-2012, 03:17 PM
i think I know what you are thinking. a blackman runs for 1200 yards and he's just doing what he's supposed to do. A white man does the same and he's a special talent.

Could be that one was drafted to the team while the other wasn't. Not everything is racial.

I don't think McGahee gets less praise. I think its the timing. Last year it was all about Tebow and HIS running rather than throwing. Now that we have Manning, the running abilities of McGahee are that much more important, thus, he's getting the praise that some of you wish to be bestowed upon him.

GEM
09-18-2012, 03:35 PM

He just said **** hillis. We haven't had a good Hillis thread in either Broncos Talk or otherwise in awhile. That might be comment that was relevant over a year ago.

sneakers
09-18-2012, 03:43 PM
yup he's pretty good

/thread

rationalfan
09-18-2012, 07:43 PM
He just said **** hillis. We haven't had a good Hillis thread in either Broncos Talk or otherwise in awhile. That might be comment that was relevant over a year ago.

Threads dedicated to Hillis, no. Comments referencing the guy, yes.

BeefStew25
09-18-2012, 08:03 PM
I never liked Hillis. He also is a white man with the features of a black man.

Dapper Dan
09-18-2012, 08:10 PM
I think it had more to do with Hillis being a second string FB and overachieving.

McGahee was suppose to be better and has had his ups and downs.

I wish we ran the ball more. It was first and goal on the 3 and we passed 2 of those times. Yea, McGahee got in on fourth down, but why throw it twice and run it once on the first 3 downs?

BeefStew25
09-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Good point Dbag.

CrazyHorse
09-18-2012, 08:41 PM
McGahee is playing great but he just turned 30. The magic number when running backs production slows down. We need to draft a successor to him. Moreno isn't and every down back and unless Hillman can be a workhorse we desperately need a stud RB among other things.

Cane
09-19-2012, 10:42 PM
McGahee is playing great but he just turned 30. The magic number when running backs production slows down. We need to draft a successor to him. Moreno isn't and every down back and unless Hillman can be a workhorse we desperately need a stud RB among other things.

The thing you have to remember is that though Willis is 30, he does not have a huge amount of miles on his body.

BroncoWave
09-19-2012, 11:40 PM

Be careful, you'll get slammed for pointing out something that many people probably know is true but don't want to admit and sound racist.

Dapper Dan
09-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Be careful, you'll get slammed for pointing out something that many people probably know is true but don't want to admit and sound racist.

He plays a position where a person of his color is very rare. He's an example to white kids everywhere that they can play runningback. There's nothing wrong with that. It happens with other races everywhere else.

Personally, I could care less about him. I like McGahee more. Willis is a Bronco, Peyton Hillis isn't.

How did this get sidetracked anyway?

shank
09-20-2012, 01:03 AM

**** buff.

BroncoNut
09-20-2012, 01:04 PM
I never liked Hillis. He also is a white man with the features of a black man.

I could never trust the man.

Chef Zambini
09-21-2012, 01:28 PM
"a man should be judged by the color of his jersey, not the color of his skin."

sounds like something vince lombardi said, but its my own 'coined phrase' so go ahead and have a hissy fit Mo !

Chef Zambini
09-21-2012, 01:30 PM
... BW I love willy mac, thion PM should THROW the ball to him more! that would keep the LBs and safetys from backing up into his throwing lanes !
establish willy-mac, then burn the D for the adjustments !
but I already had lunch with PM and covered this with him for the season going forward .