PDA

View Full Version : Elvis has left the building...

CrazyHorse
09-18-2012, 12:22 AM
Where has Dumervil been when we need the pass rush?

CrazyHorse
09-18-2012, 01:21 AM
I thought this was supposed to be one of the strengths of this team. It hasn't been there 2 weeks in a row unless you count garbage time against the Steelers.

broken12
09-18-2012, 02:00 AM
He only has or is using one pass rush move!

sneakers
09-18-2012, 04:22 AM
He had a good hit on Matty Ice (which I assume he got the name because he is in the south, and everyone in the south smokes crystal meth (aka ice)), but then again he was going up against a tight end....

:(

silkamilkamonico
09-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Not the first time elvis has left the building by any means. Dude just is not a consistent impact player at all. Much better in a 3-4 scheme.

threefolddead
09-18-2012, 07:49 AM
Not to make excuses for him but he is getting held over 50% of the time. You can practically see his jersey coming off last night and the refs weren't gonna call it. He's also dealin with the hands to the face as is everyone. I'm not worried about Elvis at all.

UnderArmour
09-18-2012, 07:56 AM
He'll be back. Don't sweat it. Problem is the replacement refs won't call holding and that's a big part of any pass rusher's game. The real refs need to come back NOW.

Foochacho
09-18-2012, 08:27 AM
He didn't leave, this is typical. In a 4-3 scheme he has never had a real incredible year. Usually putting up around 12 sacks or less on the year. 16 games in a season gonna be a few games where he gets none. He is containing alot better though, are run d has never looked so good. Matt Ryan doesn't hold onto the ball very long either the pocket would collapse and that ball was gone. Dumervil is the same old same old. Still pretty damn good but don't expect him to be better than Miller. Miller is a freak, getting doubled and still getting pressure. Doom usually has a few big games and is mediocre for most of the year. Now if only are D line would try to knock down a pass. That last third down conversion went right over Wolfe's head.

jhns
09-18-2012, 08:34 AM
He has been getting lots of pressure and has been much better against the run. He only has one season where he even averaged one sack per game. That was in a 3-4. He doesn't get close to that in the 4-3. What exactly are you expecting?

MOtorboat
09-18-2012, 08:38 AM
He didn't leave, this is typical. In a 4-3 scheme he has never had a real incredible year. Usually putting up around 12 sacks or less on the year. 16 games in a season gonna be a few games where he gets none. He is containing alot better though, are run d has never looked so good. Matt Ryan doesn't hold onto the ball very long either the pocket would collapse and that ball was gone. Dumervil is the same old same old. Still pretty damn good but don't expect him to be better than Miller. Miller is a freak, getting doubled and still getting pressure. Doom usually has a few big games and is mediocre for most of the year. Now if only are D line would try to knock down a pass. That last third down conversion went right over Wolfe's head.

This cracks me up.

I'm not saying Dumervil is playing well so far. He's not. Only seven guys in the entire league put up more than 12 sacks last year. If he gets to that he's done his job, that is not a subpar year by any means.

Foochacho
09-18-2012, 10:33 AM
This cracks me up.

I'm not saying Dumervil is playing well so far. He's not. Only seven guys in the entire league put up more than 12 sacks last year. If he gets to that he's done his job, that is not a subpar year by any means.

What cracks you up the thread or my post? Because I never said he was subpar. He averages about 10 sacks a year. Which is good but he is not going to be a factor every game it is typical for him. Seems our posts agree with each other. Not sure why everyone thinks he is going to be putting up 20 sacks in a year. I think he is doing just fine seems to be doing better against the run and still getting pressure. Sacks will come but not everygame.

I hope he can have a great year with the qb being pressured from the other side. We will see. We have played to good qb's so far this year not going to get to many sacks on qb's who know how to get rid of it. They may be able to tear it up against some teams but not all. At least we can get a push now without sending the house and sacrificing run defense.

Foochacho
09-18-2012, 10:37 AM
I think Miller will be the sack man. He is a step quicker and can shed the blocks better. The Qb cannot slide to Dooms side because he is always pushing in. And our D line is actually holding the middle. Seems when Doom does she the block Miller is always there a step ahead. We will work a few teams this year.

weazel
09-18-2012, 10:39 AM
trade him for a real MLB, we dont have any

Dzone
09-19-2012, 09:57 AM
The poll on 1043 today was "Is Dumervil over rated our under achieving?"...discussed the fact that all Doom has is a bull rush and its not working,

CoachChaz
09-19-2012, 11:50 AM
My only problem with Doom is his contract. He's getting Demarcus Ware money for half the performance

topscribe
09-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Not to make excuses for him but he is getting held over 50% of the time. You can practically see his jersey coming off last night and the refs weren't gonna call it. He's also dealin with the hands to the face as is everyone. I'm not worried about Elvis at all.
That's what I was thinking. He needs to wear a tear-away jersey . . .

DenBronx
09-19-2012, 02:14 PM
People, Elvis looks like a beast in a 3-4 defense. In a 4-3 defense he looks average.

He's being paid a TON of cash and really needs to start making an impact, even if we are a 4-3 defense now.

Dzone
09-19-2012, 02:56 PM
His contract is obscene.I think he is making $16 million this year alone.

Italianmobstr7
09-19-2012, 03:21 PM
He had a good hit on Matty Ice (which I assume he got the name because he is in the south, and everyone in the south smokes crystal meth (aka ice)), but then again he was going up against a tight end....

nope... it's from the beer "Natural Ice" which people call "Natty Ice."

Jsteve01
09-20-2012, 12:38 AM
Doom graded out extremely well this week. He may not have a sack but he's generating consistent pressure and been stout CD the run.

Chef Zambini
09-20-2012, 01:01 PM
His contract is obscene.I think he is making $16 million this year alone.minus legal expenses.

Chef Zambini
09-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Doom graded out extremely well this week. He may not have a sack but he's generating consistent pressure and been stout CD the run.did he get a star for his refridgerator?
E.D. is part of a unit. so far, the defense looks decent, exceopt for our TE coverage.
our schedule is no cake-walk.
this week aint no picnic either! we will face the best run game , so far, this season. we will face a tandem of great offensive and defensive minds in KUBIAK and OHILLIPS ! the last ex bronco coach we faced looked pretty damn smart too (nolan)
pray for some good home cookin' I dont expect us to beat a healthy texans team in the firsdt half of the season.
Go Broncos, good luck !

topscribe
09-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Doom graded out extremely well this week. He may not have a sack but he's generating consistent pressure and been stout CD the run.
I read somewhere that Doom is tied for first in the league in QB hurries.

And he still needs to wear a tear-away jersey . . .

BigDaddyBronco
09-20-2012, 01:13 PM
The other thing is that Atlanta was using a lot of quick passes where nobody was getting pressure as the ball was gone by the count of three. Having Chris Harris injured really messed up the coverage and allowed Ryan to get the ball out in the flats to his WR's. If Doom isn't getting pressure against the get it down the field passers, then I'll worry.

topscribe
09-20-2012, 01:20 PM
The other thing is that Atlanta was using a lot of quick passes where nobody was getting pressure as the ball was gone by the count of three. Having Chris Harris injured really messed up the coverage and allowed Ryan to get the ball out in the flats to his WR's. If Doom isn't getting pressure against the get it down the field passers, then I'll worry.
But Doom was getting pressure. That's what I was saying . . .

Chidoze
09-20-2012, 04:15 PM

nope... it's from the beer "Natural Ice" which people call "Natty Ice."
Nastiest beer EVER!!!

BigDaddyBronco
09-20-2012, 04:34 PM
But Doom was getting pressure. That's what I was saying . . .

Yes, getting pressure, but Ryan was throwing quick completions before Doom could get to him. Same with Von for most of the game.

Ravage!!!
09-20-2012, 04:39 PM
People, Elvis looks like a beast in a 3-4 defense. In a 4-3 defense he looks average.

He's being paid a TON of cash and really needs to start making an impact, even if we are a 4-3 defense now.

Its been two games. How many sacks does Jared Allen, Paul-Piere, Chris Long, or Mario Williams have?

Poet
09-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Doom isn't a sack a game type of guy. He gets zero of half a sack a lot of times. The other times he gets 2-3. The year he led the league in sacks I believe he had four games without a sack or just half a sack.

Guys like Ware and Allen are special players and both will first ballot the hall of fame. Just because he doesn't live up to that doesn't mean he's bad. From what I read and what I have seen of the Broncos, the second half of both games, he's played fine.

Superchop 7
09-20-2012, 05:02 PM
Green Bay gets a sack every 6.2 dropbacks.

Nick Ferguson is right.....use Miller like they use Clay Mathews.

Dapper Dan
09-20-2012, 10:07 PM

I haven't compared rosters, but I believe the rest of their defenses cover a lot better.

Poet
09-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Mathews is not a versatile player. He's a pass rusher, that's all he really contributes as a defender, which is fine. I'm not saying he can't tackle a running back or is worthless in coverage, but it's easier for Capers to make him rush the passer constantly than it is for Rio because Miller brings more to the table.

Jsteve01
09-20-2012, 10:11 PM
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/stdl-elvis-dumervils-pressure

The Guy is tied for the league lead in pressures this year among defensive lineman. I'm not super concerned yet.

tomjonesrocks
09-20-2012, 11:35 PM
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/stdl-elvis-dumervils-pressure

The Guy is tied for the league lead in pressures this year among defensive lineman. I'm not super concerned yet.

Just read the article and interesting. I honestly thought he was MIA. Perhaps it's worth reconsidering.

Ravage!!!
09-21-2012, 12:22 PM

That would remain true if they get to play Chicago every week. Last year, their sack totals and stats jumped up after playing Chicago as well. When you get a game where you get 7 sacks... thats REALLY going to help your totals where there has only been 2 games.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-21-2012, 12:36 PM
FYI, Jared Allen had 22 sacks last year - this year he has zero so far. I guess he sucks, too.

Our defense played 2 of the better QBs in the league 2 weeks in a row. Dumervil was held, double-teamed, and/or chipped most of the time in both games. Miller is a question mark to rush the passer which gives him the advantage of surprise. Everyone knows Dumervil is coming and so defenses now account for him. If you look at many of the pass rushers over the last few years, their sacks come in waves. Some games, they get none, and some games they get 2, 3, or more. Scheme and playcalling along with the guys you're playing next to and across from mean a lot.

chaoticmayhem
09-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Nastiest beer EVER!!!

Disagree. Icehouse is the nastiest beer ever.

chaoticmayhem
09-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Hard for a De to get sacks when the QB is getting the ball off in 2 seconds. Miller wasn't having much luck either and he's tons faster than ED.

Chef Zambini
09-21-2012, 11:34 PM
FYI, Jared Allen had 22 sacks last year - this year he has zero so far. I guess he sucks, too.

Our defense played 2 of the better QBs in the league 2 weeks in a row. Dumervil was held, double-teamed, and/or chipped most of the time in both games. Miller is a question mark to rush the passer which gives him the advantage of surprise. Everyone knows Dumervil is coming and so defenses now account for him. If you look at many of the pass rushers over the last few years, their sacks come in waves. Some games, they get none, and some games they get 2, 3, or more. Scheme and playcalling along with the guys you're playing next to and across from mean a lot.stop being so rational and sensable, we are trying to have an arguement !

nevcraw
09-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Doom is tearing this team apart.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Even though he's one of the NFL's premier pass rushers, Elvis Dumervil has had more games without a quarterback drop (42) than with at least half a sack (35).

So why all the angst about Dumervil not having a sack through the Broncos' first two games?

"You guys put too much into sacks," Broncos coach John Fox said. "That's about 30 percent of their job. When his whole body of work's done, then ... "

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21605375/broncos-de-elvis-dumervil-doesnt-have-sack-yet

Chef Zambini
09-22-2012, 12:05 PM
hurry with a fury.

Dapper Dan
09-23-2012, 01:16 AM
I don't know why y'all are so shook up. Ain't nothing but hound dogs, crying all the time. Don't be cruel. At least he isn't in the ghetto, or in the jailhouse...rock.
-Danny Boy

dogfish
10-15-2012, 11:02 PM
Where has Dumervil been when we need the pass rush?

mr dumervil would like a word with you. . .

:defense:

Tned
10-15-2012, 11:07 PM

Imagine what he and Miller could do if the Broncos didn't keep falling behind with early turnovers, crappy play calling and other "shots to the feet" in the first half. I would love to see these guys play with an early lead when the other team is playing catch up.

Army Bronco
10-16-2012, 11:06 PM

Imagine what he and Miller could do if the Broncos didn't keep falling behind with early turnovers, crappy play calling and other "shots to the feet" in the first half. I would love to see these guys play with an early lead when the other team is playing catch up. Like the Raiders game but better now that our secondary showed up!