PDA

View Full Version : If you take away the 1st quarter....

sneakers
09-17-2012, 11:27 PM
I'd say the Broncos did pretty well. If you can turn the ball over 4 times in 1st quarter, and only lose by 6.

Also, some people need to stop freaking out, this happens after the first loss every single year. Chillax to the maxx with pepsi max...actually no, this stuff tastes terrible. RC TEN is much better

jhildebrand
09-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Oh great. That makes me feel better. The Broncos show 2-0 at espn.com because the broncos 1st quarter was removed. Oh wait.

wayninja
09-17-2012, 11:50 PM
How many points is too much to lose by? I'd say 1 less than you'd need to score to tie, personally.

OrangeHoof
09-17-2012, 11:52 PM
Even good teams have crap games on occasion where the offense coughs up the ball, the defense can't make stops when they need to and all the calls go against us. We just have to chalk this up as one of those games. Next week against Houston will probably be better than this but maybe not as good as the Steeler game. Texans have never beaten the Broncos in their history, not even in the game where Tebow made his second NFL start.

Correction: Texans did beat the Broncos on a Thursday night game a few years ago. That was the famous "Ketchup Bottle" game where the Texans came out with red jersies and red pants which Tony Kornheiser said made the players look like ketchup bottles.

CrazyHorse
09-18-2012, 12:01 AM
Pepsi Max is addicting. It has double caffeine!

tomjonesrocks
09-18-2012, 12:09 AM
If at the beginning of the game you told me Denver loses by 6 tonight I probably would think it was a solid effort.

Manning's picks were astonishing and troubling, but Moreno's fumble is really what's getting me right now. I really hate him. Hillman needs to be more involved going forward.

And Doom's absence is disturbing. What's going on?

It's hard to know what to think. Both Manning and the team are kind of an enigma. I guess I am seeing more of an 8-8, 9-7 team than a serious playoff contender.

CrazyHorse
09-18-2012, 12:21 AM
I still think we win a weak division.

Superchop 7
09-18-2012, 12:24 AM
Sam Baker played a great game, Doom had his hands full.

IMO, based on the look on Mannings face.....I would have put him in shotgun with a fullback protecting him until he settled down.

Hawgdriver
09-18-2012, 01:06 AM
I thought this would be a tough match. I like the grit the team showed down the stretch. It could have been heinous on the scoreboard. It was a respectable score. For those who are tabulating moral victories and silver linings.

Lots of positives on the Denver D. Shutting down Julio was a statement. Too bad Roddy got his.

Gotta give some props to Falcon's O line and Matty Ice. Props to Mike Nolan. Falcons are on a mission. Gotta put them up there with NY, SF, and GB in the NFC. This could be their year.

Next week another elite team, another huge test. These guys are still gellin, so you can forgive some mistakes, but a W against Kube's squad would be huge. I don't see Denver peaking until mid season, but a victory against Houston would be so good for the developing chemistry of this team.

D1g1tal j1m
09-18-2012, 01:14 AM
Too bad you can't take away the 1st quarter where Manning made 3 bad reads/decisions that cost us the game. I am used to Moreno doing something stupid to kill a drive and so I chalk that up to Moreno being Moreno.

We lost the game in the 1st quarter and now we move on to Week 3...