PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Demaryius Thomas returns home to Georgia as emerging star WR

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2012, 12:39 PM
ATLANTA — Demaryius Thomas was hoping the Broncos' transportation system would arrive here in his college hometown early enough Sunday so he could order out Gladys Knight's chicken and waffles.

"They've got this smothered chicken that is banging," Thomas said. "Chicken and rice. Cornbread."

What he's not likely to order is a bushel of peas. The Broncos' most dangerous receiver grew up about a two-hour drive from here in the Georgia country town of Montrose.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21559438/broncos-demaryius-thomas-returns-home-georgia-emerging-star

BeefStew25
09-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Bay Bay is a good person.

bcbronc
09-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Meh, bey bey is a bust. We decided this 3 weeks into his rookie season, remember guys? Joel, fill them in please.

Bronco9798
09-17-2012, 03:58 PM
He needs to quit emerging and get there. I like DT. He just needs to friggin bust out all over the place and start getting it done consistently.!!

DenBronx
09-17-2012, 04:40 PM
He needs to quit emerging and get there. I like DT. He just needs to friggin bust out all over the place and start getting it done consistently.!!

Consitently with Tebow last year??? mmmmmmmmkay.

CoachChaz
09-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Consitently with Tebow last year??? mmmmmmmmkay.

No...more consistent than the 3 drops he had last week

DenBronx
09-17-2012, 04:50 PM
No...more consistent than the 3 drops he had last week

Yet, he's consitently been the game changer and very explosive when he has been on the field. The 3 yard catch he took from Manning he turned it into a 71 yard bomb and took whatever confidence the #1 ranked Steeler defense had right out of them. I can put up with a couple drops here and there if he does THAT every game. He's a game changer and a weapon Manning has never had. If Manning and DT both stay healthy then I can see both of them heading to the pro bowl AND playoffs.

Lets talk consistent. What about our defense NOT stopping teams on 3rd and long??? Manning didnt have the ball for 45 minutes at one time. Came in and two plays scored a TD. If anything, I see the defense being very inconsistent.

CoachChaz
09-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Yet, he's consitently been the game changer and very explosive when he has been on the field. The 3 yard catch he took from Manning he turned it into a 71 yard bomb and took whatever confidence the #1 ranked Steeler defense had right out of them. I can put up with a couple drops here and there if he does THAT every game. He's a game changer and a weapon Manning has never had. If Manning and DT both stay healthy then I can see both of them heading to the pro bowl AND playoffs.

Lets talk consistent. What about our defense NOT stopping teams on 3rd and long??? Manning didnt have the ball for 45 minutes at one time. Came in and two plays scored a TD. If anything, I see the defense being very inconsistent.

I remember the play where Beadles was holding downfield.

There is no doubt DT has skill and potential. But the drops are still frustrating as hell.

I never even mentioned the defense, so I'm not even going to entertain that part of the argument

FlyByU
09-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Rod Smith and Eddie MaC didn't become super stars in just a few years it took many. I think DT is on track and this is only going on game 2 this year with a QB that can actually get the ball where it needs to be. (that includes Orton & TT)

This maybe I feel his busting out year.

DenBronx
09-17-2012, 05:04 PM
I remember the play where Beadles was holding downfield.

There is no doubt DT has skill and potential. But the drops are still frustrating as hell.

I never even mentioned the defense, so I'm not even going to entertain that part of the argument

I just think the defense not getting the Steelers off the field on 3rd and long limited our oportunities to score more points. Luckily, we have a QB who can execute when needed.

I know you didnt mention the defense but to me they can be more inconsistent than DTs drops.

DenBronx
09-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Rod Smith and Eddie MaC didn't become super stars in just a few years it took many. I think DT is on track and this is only going on game 2 this year with a QB that can actually get the ball where it needs to be. (that includes Orton & TT)

This maybe I feel his busting out year.

Absolutely. I think he does break out and I think he has another big game tonight.

Dante Hall??? Remember when Eddie torched him in Oakland on MNF??? If Hall covers DT then Hall better be prepared to get a stiff arm to his jaw. Eventually they will get tired and Manning will pick them apart.

T.K.O.
09-17-2012, 05:42 PM
I remember a game where TD went home to san diego.....ahhhhhh that was a sweeeeeeet game !:salute:

Bronco9798
09-17-2012, 05:58 PM
Wasn't referring to him with Tebow. mmmkay..general statement. Pay attention please....

DenBronx
09-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Wasn't referring to him with Tebow. mmmkay..general statement. Pay attention please....

umad bro?

Bronco9798
09-17-2012, 06:25 PM
I don't get mad. Just need you to pay attention before you run that yapper. GO Broncos!! :cool:

DenBronx
09-17-2012, 06:36 PM
I don't get mad. Just need you to pay attention before you run that yapper. GO Broncos!! :cool:

u still sound mad. lol

guess you didnt realize he had a QB with a 40% completion rate throwing to him last year.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Absolutely. I think he does break out and I think he has another big game tonight.

Dante Hall??? Remember when Eddie torched him in Oakland on MNF??? If Hall covers DT then Hall better be prepared to get a stiff arm to his jaw. Eventually they will get tired and Manning will pick them apart.

What are you talking about? I'm extremely confused... Deangelo Hall was drafted by Atlanta in 2004, was traded to Oakland and given a big contract after the 2007 season, was embarrassed by Eddie Royal and released by mid-season (2008), signed with Washington where he's been ever since. Deangelo Hall hasn't been a Falcon since 2007...

The Falcons have Asante Samuel, Dunta Robinson, and Brent Grimes (who went on IR this week due to an achilles tear) as their CBs.

Bronco9798
09-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Dude, again wake up,,lol...You have a hard on for Tebow or what. I simply said, I hope he emerges now...lol...Why you keep referring to Tebow? Are you just stupid? lol

DenBronx
09-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Dude, again wake up,,lol...You have a hard on for Tebow or what. I simply said, I hope he emerges now...lol...Why you keep referring to Tebow? Are you just stupid? lol

you took a slight jab at him at DT as if he hasnt "got there" yet.

all I did was refer to who had been throwing to him before Manning got here.

I think he is there, just has had crummy QBs throwing to him.

Bronco9798
09-18-2012, 12:15 AM

Dante Hall was a WR/return man for the KC Chiefs some years ago. WTF u talking about man. You kind of just lost any credibility you had talking about football.

Here's Dante Hall....

Ziggy
09-18-2012, 01:00 AM
Demaryius Thomas in his last 9 games:
48 receptions
932 yards
6 TD's
19.4 YPC

Per game average:
5 receptions
103 yards
.7 TD's

9 games back is about to the point where he said he was finally fully healthy. He admitted in the offseason that he came back too early last season and wasn't 100% until late in the season. Having Manning behind center should boost those numbers even more over the course of a full season.