PDA

View Full Version : Jarvis Moss and Rod Smith gone for the season *Verified*

broncosfanscott
11-01-2007, 05:00 PM
I just got a txt message on my phone saying he will miss the rest of the season. This is out of the blue because I don't remember hearing anything about him being injured. Can anybody shed some light on this? Can we have no more players missing any time PLEASE?

underrated29
11-01-2007, 05:07 PM
I just got a txt message on my phone saying he will miss the rest of the season. This is out of the blue because I don't remember hearing anything about him being injured. Can anybody shed some light on this? Can we have no more players missing any time PLEASE?

who'd you get the text from??? i sure freaking hope not, as i dont remember anything either.

broncosfanscott
11-01-2007, 05:11 PM
who'd you get the text from??? i sure freaking hope not, as i dont remember anything either.

I get them through Verizon about the Broncos and anything that happens. It also said that Rod Smith will not be activated from the PUP. Nothing has been posted at their website yet. I know he didn't play vs. Green Bay and never really knew why.

champbronc2
11-01-2007, 05:13 PM
I get them through Verizon about the Broncos and anything that happens. It also said that Rod Smith will not be activated from the PUP. Nothing has been posted at their website yet. I know he didn't play vs. Green Bay and never really knew why.

Well that scares me since it is true that Rod Smith will not be activated from the PUP (according to KFFL), so maybe Moss is done?:shocked:

I searched the internet and found nothing on Jarvis Moss though.... so I guess we will just have to wait this one out.

underrated29
11-01-2007, 05:14 PM

hopefully they have the wrong vegetation and ment rice instead of moss :wink:

broncosfanscott
11-01-2007, 05:17 PM
hopefully they have the wrong vegetation and ment rice instead of moss :wink:

I surely hope so.

champbronc2
11-01-2007, 05:22 PM
I surely hope so.

Moss is gone...
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason/2007/11/01/moss-injured-smith-ruled-out-for-year/

champbronc2
11-01-2007, 05:23 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason/2007/11/01/moss-injured-smith-ruled-out-for-year/

Moss Injured; Smith Ruled Out for Year

Like a category-5 hurricane lingering over 88-degree waters, the storm of injury-related losses that has beset the Broncos continued its unremitting fury Thursday when Jarvis Moss fractured his right fibula and tore ankle ligaments in practice, ending the first-round pick’s season after just eight and a half weeks.

Moss’s injury was compounded by the news that Rod Smith would not be ready to play within the next two weeks, thus going beyond the three-week trial period allowed to physically-unable-to-perform list. He, too, is lost for the remainder of the season.

Moss’ injury was “kind of a freak accident,” Head Coach Mike Shanahan said when he announced the news after practice.

“He’ll have surgery here in the next few days and it will be about a three- or four-month recovery time,” Shanahan said. “It’s very similar to the injury Cecil Sapp had (last December against Seattle), and he came back full speed. It happened in a nine-on-seven drill today.”

As for Smith, the decision came after a week of practice during which the wide receiver’s hip remained “quite sore,” some eight months after the debridement procedure that sidelined him through all of the offseason and training-camp practices, as well as the first seven games of the regular season.

“After seeing the doctor (and) after practicing for about a week, he could see that he’s a little too far away to have a chance to be activated in the next couple of weeks,” Shanahan said. “So, obviously, he won’t be activated in the next two weeks, which means he won’t be activated for this year. We’ll just take some time, see where it’s at at the end of the season and we’ll see exactly where he’s at.”

LYNCH UPDATE: Shanahan said that John Lynch was limited in his on-field practice work Thursday, and that he would have a better idea of his status after Friday’s session.”

Well isn't that swell.

Mr. Rice can go and stink it up for us the rest of the season now.:tsk:

jlarsiii
11-01-2007, 05:23 PM
He's done. It is right here: http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason/2007/11/01/moss-injured-smith-ruled-out-for-year/

Here is the text:

Like a category-5 hurricane lingering over 88-degree waters, the storm of injury-related losses that has beset the Broncos continued its unremitting fury Thursday when Jarvis Moss fractured his right fibula and tore ankle ligaments in practice, ending the first-round pick’s season after just eight and a half weeks.

Moss’s injury was compounded by the news that Rod Smith would not be ready to play within the next two weeks, thus going beyond the three-week trial period allowed to physically-unable-to-perform list. He, too, is lost for the remainder of the season.

Moss’ injury was “kind of a freak accident,” Head Coach Mike Shanahan said when he announced the news after practice.

“He’ll have surgery here in the next few days and it will be about a three- or four-month recovery time,” Shanahan said. “It’s very similar to the injury Cecil Sapp had (last December against Seattle), and he came back full speed. It happened in a nine-on-seven drill today.”

As for Smith, the decision came after a week of practice during which the wide receiver’s hip remained “quite sore,” some eight months after the debridement procedure that sidelined him through all of the offseason and training-camp practices, as well as the first seven games of the regular season.

“After seeing the doctor (and) after practicing for about a week, he could see that he’s a little too far away to have a chance to be activated in the next couple of weeks,” Shanahan said. “So, obviously, he won’t be activated in the next two weeks, which means he won’t be activated for this year. We’ll just take some time, see where it’s at at the end of the season and we’ll see exactly where he’s at.”

LYNCH UPDATE: Shanahan said that John Lynch was limited in his on-field practice work Thursday, and that he would have a better idea of his status after Friday’s session.”

jlarsiii
11-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Moss is gone...

You beat me to it. Nice work!

champbronc2
11-01-2007, 05:25 PM
lol thank you :D

broncosfanscott
11-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Moss is gone...

This sucks and Moss is the next in line for players out for the year. We have definatly been hit hard with the injury bug this year and I hope this is the last one.

champbronc2
11-01-2007, 05:33 PM
This sucks and Moss is the next in line for players out for the year. We have definatly been hit hard with the injury bug this year and I hope this is the last one.
And if it happens again then maybe we get lucky and it is Rice or Gold.

underrated29
11-01-2007, 05:34 PM
i cant remember what thread i posted it in, but does anyone know the record amount of players on IR for 1 year, last count i think we were at 7.

sheesh

dogfish
11-01-2007, 08:03 PM
HOLY ****!!!

:frusty: :frusty:

did shanahan kill someone in a past life, or what. . . ??

omac
11-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Wow, just how many injuries can a team get? Does this reflect in any way on their strength and conditioning coaches, or possibly the intensity of their practices?

In the GB game, they said the Broncos have 6 starters out of the original 22 that played this time last season. Some were due to personnel changes, but a lot were because of injuries too.

sneakers
11-02-2007, 03:23 AM

I saw it on espn.

Fan in Exile
11-02-2007, 09:22 AM
I just wanted to take a second and make a list of the guys we've lost who would have been playing:
Al Wilson (not sure you can count him because of the trade, but we would have gotten someone who would have played)
Sam Brandon
Ebenezer Ekuban
Jarvis Moss
Javon Walker
Rod Smith
Ben Hamilton
Tom Nalen
Travis Henry (out for now because of injury)
Stephen Alexander
Nate Jackson

Is there anyone else?

champbronc2
11-02-2007, 10:46 AM
I just wanted to take a second and make a list of the guys we've lost who would have been playing:
Al Wilson (not sure you can count him because of the trade, but we would have gotten someone who would have played)
Sam Brandon
Ebenezer Ekuban
Jarvis Moss
Javon Walker
Rod Smith
Ben Hamilton
Tom Nalen
Stephen Alexander
Nate Jackson

Is there anyone else?
Yeah, come to think of it they might've helped just a "wee" bit. (sarcasm)

It is a killer.

dogfish
11-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Sam Brandon
Ebenezer Ekuban
Jarvis Moss
Javon Walker
Rod Smith
Ben Hamilton
Tom Nalen
Stephen Alexander
Nate Jackson

Is there anyone else?

warrick holdman

Den21vsBal19
11-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Wow, just how many injuries can a team get? Does this reflect in any way on their strength and conditioning coaches, or possibly the intensity of their practices?

In the GB game, they said the Broncos have 6 starters out of the original 22 that played this time last season. Some were due to personnel changes, but a lot were because of injuries too.
I don't think that there's anything that can be done from that angle..........if it was down to anything that the coaches or players were doing the you'd [robably get a run of similar injuries...............off the top of my head, these are all different :confused:

I'm starting to think the 2007's Denver's Annus Horribilis, and the sooner it's out of the way, the better :ugh:

Fan in Exile
11-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Sam Brandon
Ebenezer Ekuban
Jarvis Moss
Javon Walker
Rod Smith
Ben Hamilton
Tom Nalen
Stephen Alexander
Nate Jackson
Warrick Holdman (forgot about him)

Is there anyone else?

Lonestar
11-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Sam Brandon
Ebenezer Ekuban
Jarvis Moss
Javon Walker
Rod Smith
Ben Hamilton
Tom Nalen
Stephen Alexander
Nate Jackson

Is there anyone else?

Yep add Shanahan to the list..

OB
11-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Everything just keeps getting better day by day :rolleyes: :mad:

Astrass
11-02-2007, 07:20 PM
crap...by the time I get to see a game at Invesco we will be starting a bunch of wavier trash....

Krugan
11-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Injuries are what they are, the thing that just really ruins it for me is Rod may never play again.

Im not ready for Bronco football with out Smith...

OB
11-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Injuries are what they are, the thing that just really ruins it for me is Rod may never play again.

Im not ready for Bronco football with out Smith...

Im with you on that one brother - this is a first for me - all of my vets are retiring - getting old - makes me feel real old

Cugel
11-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Sam Brandon
Ebenezer Ekuban
Jarvis Moss
Javon Walker
Rod Smith
Ben Hamilton
Tom Nalen
Stephen Alexander
Nate Jackson

Is there anyone else?

Sam Brandon was a big loss here because he was so useful against TEs in the "big-nickel" package last year. Denver is now 31st in the NFL in defending against TEs and that is a big reason they got blown out by Indy and San Diego. Since KC has Tony G. that doesn't bode well for the games coming up against KC.

Losing Hamilton and Nalen on the OL has been a killer too, but at least both should be back next year. Nalen might be nearing the end of his career however. At least it isn't a knee injury; injuring his arm, he should be okay for next season.

The OL has totally lacked punch and losing Hamilton and Nalen is a big reason.

Losing Holdman at LB was another blow. He would have started over Nate Webster.

Al Wilson was gone no matter what. He was going to be traded for a 4th round draft pick in 2008 to the Giants. That was the biggest loss of all.

Stephen Alexander is not out for the year is he? I never heard that. What happened to him?

Rod Smith would have come in very handy in Javon's absence. You have to wonder if he'll be back at all next year. It doesn't look good when Shanahan says "we'll evaluate" at the end of the year. He might never regain enough mobility to return, in which case his career is over. Not a good way to go.

Travis Henry's days as a Bronco could be nearing their end as well. If he's suspended, he's gone permanently and his NFL career is probably over as well. Few NFL teams would take a chance on him, knowing that his next suspension would be a lifetime ban and that the commissioner might very well penalize a team that hired him as well if he screwed up again.

The NFL is cracking down on drug abuse by players and Henry could be a victim of that. I don't agree with the policy of long suspensions for smoking weed, at the same time that full legalization is on the ballot in some states, and decriminalization is already the law in many places. Its on the ballot in Colo right now.

But those are the rules in the NFL and he knew it. If he violated the rules that's just totally stupid. He's not a very bright guy, but this goes beyond ordinary dumb player behavior.

Den21vsBal19
11-03-2007, 05:53 AM
Im with you on that one brother - this is a first for me - all of my vets are retiring - getting old - makes me feel real old
:laugh: Tell you what really makes me feel old................I've now been watching the NFL since before some of our players were born :eek:

OK, it's something I've had to deal with for a while now with English football, but considering that the NFL only came to England when I was a teenager :sad: