PDA

View Full Version : Why we might be able to reach the 10-6 mark.

champbronc2
11-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Now I realized to have nice chances at the playoffs we need to go 7-2 our last 9 games. Tough right? Right, but if you look at the schedule we could do it.

I believe we can beat Detroit since they aren't as good as the Packers and I believe the NFC is junk. It will unfortunately be a tough game since they have a better running game than the Packers and we couldn't even stop the Packers. I am hoping our defense can step up, although I doubt it so. We will rely solely on Cutler and the offense and I believe we win that one.

Then we are @KC. Should be a good game. Crappy OLine and maybe we can stop them. I say that game is a toss up but I will assume it as a win.

After that we play at home against the Titans. I do think we lose to the Titans. Stopping Vince Young and their running game will be a dreadful challenge that I believe we will fail at. They are 3rd in the league in rushing and will cram it down our throat. 1st in rushing defense....

Then we play the Bears. Win. Bears suck. No rush offense no passing game. Maybe our defense will do something.

Then we are at the Raiders. Once again I think we win. We should do better than we did the first time we played them. If we adjust.

We then play KC at home. We win this one.

At the Texans after that week. They have an average offense of which I believe we can take advantage of. They have a great passing game and a horrid run offense. Hopefully we stop the pass. Maybe, just maybe, we stop their run..... We win this one.

Then we play @SD.... We get our asses handed to us again but not as bad since you can't possibly lose worse than 41-3 again right? Loss.

Then we play the Vikings at home. We win this one because we are at home and because Jackson will give us some INT's hopefully.

So all in all we go 6-2 in the stretch. We finish the season 10-6 and maybe make the playoffs. AFC is a tough conference so 10-6 isn't even a guarantee. Maybe we go 9-7 and lose to KC @KC. We still have a slim chance at the playoffs even there.

Of course our red-zone offense will need to improve and the coaching staff needs to make major playcalling adjustments deviating from the redzone calls against Green Bay and that Punt on 4th and 7 in which we could have gone for the field goal.

We also need our defense to play better. Unfortunately I don't know if they will.... Bad personnel, bad system for them too.

Now maybe this is all wishful thinking but hey, I believe. :D

Lonestar
11-01-2007, 06:21 PM
lets see.

3-4 as we speak/

@DET even Tater can run on us not to mention they have some great WR's LOSS

@ KC do not want to even think about LJ TG vs our D in this game loss

TEN think they will run all over us. LOSS

@ CHI greasy will have Field day and their DEF just might be good enough to win this one. loss

@ OAK after last time in DEN take this to the bank big time LOSS..

KC LJ and TG will have a good week again and will get winded at altitude we have a chance in this game.

@ HOU Kubes knows thew playbook and will eat our lunch.. LOSS

@ SAN do not waste the money on going, by then we will be down to Elam running the ball.. LOSS

MIN I think this is a loss also depends on how good their RB becomes. Could be downright ugly..

4-12 draft in the top 6 sound good to me perhaps we can salvage something out of the season YET..

champbronc2
11-01-2007, 06:23 PM
lets see.

3-4 as we speak/

@ CHI greasy will have Field day and their DEF just might be good enough to win this one. loss

KC LJ and TG will have a good week again and will get winded at altitude we have a chance in this game.

@ SAN do not waste the money on going, by then we will be down to Elam running the ball.. LOSS

MIN I think this is a loss also depends on how good their RB becomes. Could be downright ugly..

4-12 draft in the top 6 sound good to me perhaps we can salvage something out of the season YET..
Well we are on completely opposite spectrums.

You are more on the worst case scenario side where I am at the best case scenario side.

We will see.

Lonestar
11-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Well we are on completely opposite spectrums.

You are more on the worst case scenario side where I am at the best case scenario side.

We will see.

Your correct about you having the best case..

But I call them like I see them as we speak. hope I'm wrong but other than calling the PIT a loss I have been close.

Medford Bronco
11-01-2007, 06:48 PM
lets see.

3-4 as we speak/

I agree on most of what you say.

the only ones I diagree are Chicago, who i think has not a great team and we can beat them.

I also think we can beat Minny as the QBs are putrid, but Peterson is great. It might be a last game of the year who cares game for both.

I think we have a chance at Hou as well as they are not that great either

I say 6-10 :(

very sucky if you ask me.

I am honest as well JR. I think Det wins this week with no problem
and next week at KC we are in deep doo doo as we almost never win there, even with Elway in his best days..Shanny is 2-11 at KC (3 if you could 97 playoffs)

BaiLeY324
11-01-2007, 07:06 PM
lets see.

3-4 as we speak/

Yessir, then when April rolls around...

Marcus Griffin in the 2nd and we finally get a real safety back there
Dre Moore in the 3rd and get rid of those garbage plug-ins. Then have him and Marcus tear the league apart
Tavares Gooden in the 4th and get Webster the hell out of there
Oline and Dline depth in 5th, 6th, and 7th

Oh and with our top 5 pick? That once in a lifetime chance for a Denver Bronco fan to witness?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APEFj8Glx7Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FCfZoPGEFA

And THIS will be the man to bring us and WIN us our next superbowl.

Lonestar
11-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Yessir, then when April rolls around...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APEFj8Glx7Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FCfZoPGEFA

And THIS will be the man to bring us and WIN us our next superbowl.

Only if he can helps us score 45+ points game. What we need is two Massive DT's one next year the other the year there after.

We make good RB's great how much better can one man do. Instead of getting 1300 yards he gets 1600 that is less then 20 yards a game difference.

Nice flashy guy but we already have almost all the offense we need. Unless of course they change the rules next year to allow us to have 2 balls on the field at the same time..

Medford Bronco
11-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Only if he can helps us score 45+ points game. What we need is two Massive DT's one next year the other the year there after.

We make good RB's great how much better can one man do. Instead of getting 1300 yards he gets 1600 that is less then 20 yards a game difference.

Nice flashy guy but we already have almost all the offense we need. Unless of course they change the rules next year to allow us to have 2 balls on the field at the same time..

We need an offensive line that acutually can protect Cutler
I saw on Monday numerous hurried throws.

this line needs to change their style to a more tradtional one IMO

better pass protection and I am sure they will still run okay

also the defensivel line and LBs are more imprortant the a RB that will be long gone before we even pick

St Louis, Miami are putrid and could trade the pick
the Jets suck as well and there are numerous other teams that are
very shaky and should do worse then Denver.

i say around 7-10 is where they pick

BaiLeY324
11-01-2007, 07:28 PM
We need an offensive line that acutually can protect Cutler
I saw on Monday numerous hurried throws.

this line needs to change their style to a more tradtional one IMO

better pass protection and I am sure they will still run okay

also the defensivel line and LBs are more imprortant the a RB that will be long gone before we even pick

St Louis, Miami are putrid and could trade the pick
the Jets suck as well and there are numerous other teams that are
very shaky and should do worse then Denver.

i say around 7-10 is where they pick

If we got 4-12 as JR said, we'll have a top 5 pick. It's either McFadden or DeSean Jackson

champbronc2
11-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Your correct about you having the best case..

But I call them like I see them as we speak. hope I'm wrong but other than calling the PIT a loss I have been close.

I do agree with your predictions.

After all my thread title was why we might so you know it really is the best case scenario.

Most realistic just might be a poorly done season.

But I am a positive person..

sneakers
11-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Ahh Optimism! Can't have too much of that. I think the tough part of our schedule is over....so now we can start winning.

BaiLeY324
11-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Ahh Optimism! Can't have too much of that. I think the tough part of our schedule is over....so now we can start winning.

6 of our next 9 are on the road.

champbronc2
11-01-2007, 07:47 PM
6 of our next 9 are on the road.

But they are against much lesser teams.

And our home games are against the tougher teams for the most part.

omac
11-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Hey, man, nice post. I like the optimism. :cheers:

Before anything, it will be critical for Lynch and DJ to be healthy enough to play hard. They did a fine job against GB, but got injured during the game. DJ specifically has been pretty good against the run, penetrating and tackling Parker behind the LOS in the Steelers game, then preventing a sure TD by GB on an excellent solo tackle. Losing either player will be a big blow, as was losing Jarvis Moss for the season.

Now I realized to have nice chances at the playoffs we need to go 7-2 our last 9 games. Tough right? Right, but if you look at the schedule we could do it.

I believe we can beat Detroit since they aren't as good as the Packers and I believe the NFC is junk. It will unfortunately be a tough game since they have a better running game than the Packers and we couldn't even stop the Packers. I am hoping our defense can step up, although I doubt it so. We will rely solely on Cutler and the offense and I believe we win that one.

Although GB did rush for a little more than 100 yards against us, it wasn't a big factor. They moved the chains primarily with the pass. The defense played pretty well during the game, but they gave away 2 big plays, and that's the danger there. The Lions have 4 excellent receivers, 2 (or 3?) of which have #1 talent, and Kitna is pretty dependable. That could be the game there. Plus, they've beaten better defenses in Minnesota, Chicago (2x), and Tampa Bay.

Kevin Jones is a solid runner, but we won't get blown out if they decide to focus on the run. We've done at least a good enough job on the run the last 2 games. They do have a weak passing defense, and they also allow their QB to get sacked a bunch, probably because of all their 3 or 4 WR sets, and maybe some long developing plays. Those will be our opportunities.

Right now, most analysts are choosing Detroit. We can keep it close and win this one.

Then we are @KC. Should be a good game. Crappy OLine and maybe we can stop them. I say that game is a toss up but I will assume it as a win.

Our defense is set up to stop the run and gamble with the pass. It worked against Pittsburgh (#21 passing offense), but 2 pass plays hurt us against GB (#2 passing offense). Good thing for us, we are gambling against an average pass offense (ranked 17).

Our rushing is not dependable without Travis Henry, and they have a pretty good pass defense. Very, very tough game to win, but we have a chance to eek by.

After that we play at home against the Titans. I do think we lose to the Titans. Stopping Vince Young and their running game will be a dreadful challenge that I believe we will fail at. They are 3rd in the league in rushing and will cram it down our throat. 1st in rushing defense....

Here's where I think we win. Our defense overplays the run, and forces teams to pass, but with Young at the helm, their passing's pretty bad. They actually passed much better with Kerry Collins quarterbacking. Another close win.

Then we play the Bears. Win. Bears suck. No rush offense no passing game. Maybe our defense will do something.

The Bears have a much better passing game with Griese at the helm, but they've been pretty inconsistent throughout the season. Hopefully, when we face them, they'll be the bad news bears. A win.

Then we are at the Raiders. Once again I think we win. We should do better than we did the first time we played them. If we adjust.

Now, everyone overplays the run against the Raiders, and as long as Culpepper's at the helm, they haven't really been able to burn teams much with the pass. It's in this aspect that McCown is actually better. Their pass defense is pretty good though, and we no longer can rely on Travis Henry. A very close win.

We then play KC at home. We win this one.

Again, possibly a very close win.

At the Texans after that week. They have an average offense of which I believe we can take advantage of. They have a great passing game and a horrid run offense. Hopefully we stop the pass. Maybe, just maybe, we stop their run..... We win this one.

If there's any team that can match Denver's injury woes to key players (and even key skill players), it's the Texans, which is good for us because they were pretty solid before the injuries. Close win.

Then we play @SD.... We get our asses handed to us again but not as bad since you can't possibly lose worse than 41-3 again right? Loss.

Yes, this could be an ugly loss.

Then we play the Vikings at home. We win this one because we are at home and because Jackson will give us some INT's hopefully.

Teams are overplaying the run, because their pass game sucks. Sometimes Peterson still prevails, most times he wont. Their rush defense is great, but their pass defense stinks; this plays to the current strength of the team (Cutler, not the injured/suspended? Henry). A win.

So all in all we go 6-2 in the stretch. We finish the season 10-6 and maybe make the playoffs. AFC is a tough conference so 10-6 isn't even a guarantee. Maybe we go 9-7 and lose to KC @KC. We still have a slim chance at the playoffs even there.

Of course our red-zone offense will need to improve and the coaching staff needs to make major playcalling adjustments deviating from the redzone calls against Green Bay and that Punt on 4th and 7 in which we could have gone for the field goal.

We also need our defense to play better. Unfortunately I don't know if they will.... Bad personnel, bad system for them too.

Now maybe this is all wishful thinking but hey, I believe. :D

I think, game for game, we have a chance of winning 8 of those 9 games, but like all of the games we had a chance to win this season, it could go either way. The defensive philosophy now is overplay the run and gamble with the pass. The 2 most dangerous teams are the Lions, who can pass the whole game, and SD, who's passing offense is set up by opponents trying to stop their run.

The odds of winning 8 of 9 games, though, are pretty slim. One game at a time, I guess. :cheers: