PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's 2012 Broncos vs Falcons Video Preview

EmDiggy
09-13-2012, 03:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH0g1pFXLS0

Good afternoon Broncos fans! Good luck this week!

Em

BroncoFanatic
09-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Thanks for sharing, but how can Denver be more balanced on offense when they had 27/26 run to pass? Also, no way in Hades that their secondary is as good as the Broncos'.

underrated29
09-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Thanks em. Love watching these. Once again I disagree that we will lose. I think the x factor is our pass rush vs ryan. He does not like pressure and folds under it. Just like he did against the giants in in their playoff game stomp of like 31-3. No I do not see us winning like that, but we can get after the QB and matt wants none of it.

Also as said above, our secondary is much much better than theirs. We had problems last week, but I would put that on two things. 1- being rothlisbergers ability to escape and evade sacks and pressure unlike many QBs, ryan included. 2- we played a ton of zone defense. When we went man up and brought some heat rothlisberger couldnt complete jack and was something like a 26 % QB rating. Ryan is no rothlisberger. If we have more possesions than the falcons we win imo. Simple as that.

EmDiggy
09-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Thanks for sharing, but how can Denver be more balanced on offense when they had 27/26 run to pass? Also, no way in Hades that their secondary is as good as the Broncos'.

THanks BF! It's not a comparison between the 2 units...its more along the lines of there secondary isn't a liability.. That's why I give them equal at QB at well..Ryan isn't a liability

Thanks em. Love watching these. Once again I disagree that we will lose. I think the x factor is our pass rush vs ryan. He does not like pressure and folds under it. Just like he did against the giants in in their playoff game stomp of like 31-3. No I do not see us winning like that, but we can get after the QB and matt wants none of it.

Also as said above, our secondary is much much better than theirs. We had problems last week, but I would put that on two things. 1- being rothlisbergers ability to escape and evade sacks and pressure unlike many QBs, ryan included. 2- we played a ton of zone defense. When we went man up and brought some heat rothlisberger couldnt complete jack and was something like a 26 % QB rating. Ryan is no rothlisberger. If we have more possesions than the falcons we win imo. Simple as that.

Thanks Bud! Yep, I know you guys can get after the QB..but I think the Falcons will rely more on the ground game this week. The best way to stop pressure is to run right at it.

TXBRONC
09-13-2012, 10:41 PM
I can't say enough how much I appreciate you always coming in here to give us your breakdown.

I only got watch a very small portion of your breakdown because I've problems with my computer or more precisely I think my router is giving me fits.

Anyway, the part I did get watch was you said we need to be balanced in our run to pass. As BroncoFanatic you really get anymore balanced than a 27/26 run to pass ratio. I think this approach that Fox and McCoy are to striving week in and week out.

EmDiggy
09-14-2012, 10:18 AM
I can't say enough how much I appreciate you always coming in here to give us your breakdown.

I only got watch a very small portion of your breakdown because I've problems with my computer or more precisely I think my router is giving me fits.

Anyway, the part I did get watch was you said we need to be balanced in our run to pass. As BroncoFanatic you really get anymore balanced than a 27/26 run to pass ratio. I think this approach that Fox and McCoy are to striving week in and week out.

Thanks Capn! And if they can stay with that, then its going to be tough stopping them. I just don't want to see them tilt that scale more toward the pass

camdisco24
09-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Great breakdown of both teams Em. Although, I disagree on the outcome!

FYI, at the end where you list the forums, you have our address as broncosforum.com. It should be broncosforums.com.

topscribe
09-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Good stuff, as usual, Em. IMO, you are better than many analysts who have bigger names.

I do disagree, however, with equating Michael Turner with Willis McGahee. I don't know
why McGahee remains so underrated, but I believe you have Turner overrated. I also don't
believe the Falcons' running game is going to be such a cinch. The hangover from Denver's
run defense from last year is gone. The starters were stiff against the run in preseason,
and they backed it up against the Steelers, whose running game is not weak.

While giving the Falcons a slight advantage at TE because of Gonzalez, the fact is that
Gonzalez, while still good, is not the TE he used to be. And Denver has two good TEs.
Regarding WRs, it would be tough to argue against Roddy White and Julio Jones being
the best tandem in the league. However, Thomas and Decker are proving to be pretty
good in their own right, and the depth of the Broncos' WR corps, with Stokley, Caldwell,
and Willis, is better than most in the league.

At DB, Samuel may be as good as Porter, but Champ is a Hall of Famer. And don't
overlook Mike Adams at safety, who proved to be a beast against Pittsburgh.

I don't know who's going to win in the Dome, but I believe Denver would win it at
home or even on a neutral field. Ryan is good, but he's not Peyton . . .

Chef Zambini
09-14-2012, 01:04 PM
if willy mac can match turner, I would be thrilled !
our broncos did not encounter a legitimate run game againt the steelers MNF will be different.
I am sure the falcons will reccognize how ineffective manning was standing on the sidelines, URNER will keep him there !
rungame, tight ends, yada yada same BS from ol zam who thinks its still 1958.
Go Broncos !

Chef Zambini
09-14-2012, 01:08 PM
in a hostile dome, manning will NOT be able to verbalize at the LOS (audible) he will have to use hand signals and girations, something he has done all his life, but...
what about his teammates?
look for ball, tamme and stokely to play a more prominant role as a consequence!
and that bubble screen will get work until the falcons stop it too !
\ ( I would love to see a draw and a pass to the alternate side off that bubble screen)

Simple Jaded
09-16-2012, 04:36 PM
26.5/26.5?.......