PDA

View Full Version : Broncos kick the tires on Brian Price

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2012, 01:44 PM
The Broncos worked out defensive tackle Brian Price Wednesday after losing Ty Warren for the season, Price’s agent confirmed.

Price, 23, was cut by the Bears this summer after he had been traded from Tampa Bay. Price, a second-round pick out of UCLA in 2010, was one of three defensive tackles Denver brought in. The Broncos haven't signed him yet. Price could be on the Broncos' radar in the coming weeks if they feel a need at the position.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/48376/broncos-kick-tires-on-brian-price

OrangeHoof
09-13-2012, 01:47 PM
I wonder if he has a tire than needs kicking...

LTC Pain
09-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Will add this into this thread. The Broncos have worked out three DTs. Anyone know about these guys?

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/09/13/broncos-work-defensive-tackles/15656/

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2012, 02:00 PM
The Broncos gave tryoyuts Tuesday to three defensive tackles: Brian Price, Daniel Muir and Terrell McClain.

It’s not a surprise considering the team just lost Ty Warren to season-ending injury.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/09/13/broncos-work-defensive-tackles/15656/

LTC Pain
09-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Right now we have Bannan, Vickerson, Siliga and Unrein listed as DTs on the roster. Wolfe and Jackson are listed as DLs. Who gets cut if we add a DT to the roster?

Superchop 7
09-13-2012, 02:43 PM
My vote goes to Hanie.

Ziggy
09-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Right now we have Bannan, Vickerson, Siliga and Unrein listed as DTs on the roster. Wolfe and Jackson are listed as DLs. Who gets cut if we add a DT to the roster?

Siliga

BronColt
09-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Daniel Muir - Ex Colt, played in the Superbowl vs Saints. Was a nice starter at DT and played well next to Freeney and Mathis.

Superchop 7
09-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Price is the guy that lost his sister and got in a fight with Mark Barron, he has had it very rough personally. I feel for the kid.

I like his skill set as a 1 tech, Keith Traylor type.

Very high ceiling.

He simply needs good people around him.

underrated29
09-13-2012, 03:46 PM
Price is the guy that lost his sister and got in a fight with Mark Barron, he has had it very rough personally. I feel for the kid.

I like his skill set as a 1 tech, Keith Traylor type.

Very high ceiling.

He simply needs good people around him.

He is a lot like aquib talib. A total f*** head. But super talented. Or is that pacman jones...Maybe both. Must all be from the same mother, or father (travis henry- I would suppose).

Superchop 7
09-13-2012, 03:52 PM
http://youtu.be/zlUrr1qwovQ

maybe you should do some research before you slam somebody.

JoeBucsFan.com took a swim in the murky waters of this rumor and relayed this: "Price says something like 'get up,' Barron says something alone the lines of 'F-you,'

Barron has been walking around like he is king shit.

Takes Prices chair in a meeting.

When told to get up (out of his chair).....he refuses.

Says F-You instead.

Barron proceeds to get a hands on lesson about respect.

rationalfan
09-13-2012, 04:18 PM
He is a lot like aquib talib. A total f*** head. But super talented. Or is that pacman jones...Maybe both. Must all be from the same mother, or father (travis henry- I would suppose).

posts like this are why message boards go sour.

underrated29
09-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Right because all NFL players punch people out in practice or the meeting room. Oh wait. Aquib Talib did do that. pacman Jones....hmmm...

So unless you are a raiders coach, or the above people i mentioned I can not think of one other example of a person punching out a player or a coach in the meeting room.

Please enlighten me.
Like I said he is a F*** head. I know his family or whoever died and he was in a hard place. Still. Enlighten me.

slim
09-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Right because all NFL players punch people out in practice or the meeting room. Oh wait. Aquib Talib did do that. pacman Jones....hmmm...

So unless you are a raiders coach, or the above people i mentioned I can not think of one other example of a person punching out a player or a coach in the meeting room.

Please enlighten me.
Like I said he is a F*** head. I know his family or whoever died and he was in a hard place. Still. Enlighten me.

Well, if someone sits in your chair, you punch them in the mouth.

That is the way adults handle such situations.

summit pass
09-13-2012, 04:42 PM
I wonder if Price is a friend of Rahim Moore they where on the same team. If so, maybe Moore can help Price with all the s*it he has been through?

dogfish
09-13-2012, 05:05 PM
been a fan of price since college, i'd love to see us take a chance on him. . . we have ZERO talent at the position besides wolfe-- who we have playing end. . .

Superchop 7
09-13-2012, 05:32 PM
When healthy (pelvis is bothering him) he has pro-bowl potential.

LTC Pain
09-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Siliga

Nah, I think Lance Ball gets cut. Why would we cut a DT while trying out three others???

Simple Jaded
09-13-2012, 09:14 PM
They should look at Frank Okam too, Del Rio likes big boys, they don't get much bigger.......

Jsteve01
09-13-2012, 10:14 PM

Please enlighten me.
Like I said he is a F*** head. I know his family or whoever died and he was in a hard place. Still. Enlighten me. come on man you're talking about a young man who just lost a family member. He's never had character issues and one Tim in a testosterone filled environment a rookie pops of and he loses it. Lets not act like he works on wall street. Its a straight up beat your ass environment. He made a mistake. Pretty sure he comparisons to talib. And pacman are ridiculous

underrated29
09-13-2012, 11:12 PM
come on man you're talking about a young man who just lost a family member. He's never had character issues and one Tim in a testosterone filled environment a rookie pops of and he loses it. Lets not act like he works on wall street. Its a straight up beat your ass environment. He made a mistake. Pretty sure he comparisons to talib. And pacman are ridiculous

I'm not saying I don't like him or want him here. He happens to be my fav choice to replace warren. Dude has talent no doubt. But he was hospitalized for depression and mental exhaustion. He got in a fight with a teammate. Got traded for it and then cut from his new team. I like him, I'd rather him than half our DT boys now, but he is still a dumbass. Some people canT handle adversity, he is one of them.

tubby
09-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Add Content

Dzone
09-14-2012, 01:10 AM
Hopefully he has more self control than Brandon Marshall. Doesnt sound like he does. If he is healthy, it might be a good move, but someone else is going to have to go.

FanInAZ
09-14-2012, 01:57 AM
If Ty Warren goes on IR for the rest of the season, we shouldn't need to cut anyone.

Traveler
09-14-2012, 05:30 AM
They should look at Frank Okam too, Del Rio likes big boys, they don't get much bigger.......

I made the same suggestion in another thread.

BroncoNut
09-14-2012, 10:11 AM
what is the Price?

BroncoNut
09-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Add Content

not the anal sex thread tubby

Superchop 7
09-14-2012, 10:54 AM
The guy lost 2 of his brothers to violence, one was trying to save a woman.

Then his sister dies in a car wreck.

Give the guy a break.

OrangeHoof
09-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Re: Okam. He was very talented when he was at Texas and is working on a medical degree. The knock on him is he lacks a motor. The Texans figured if they could just light a match under him, they'd have a draft steal but it didn't happen. He wants to become a doctor and go back to Africa which is probably a more noble goal than getting beat up every Sunday but it seems he's playing football just for the paycheck so he can get through med school.

BroncoNut
09-14-2012, 11:18 AM
The guy lost 2 of his brothers to violence, one was trying to save a woman.

Then his sister dies in a car wreck.

Give the guy a break.

wow

Jsteve01
09-14-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm not saying I don't like him or want him here. He happens to be my fav choice to replace warren. Dude has talent no doubt. But he was hospitalized for depression and mental exhaustion. He got in a fight with a teammate. Got traded for it and then cut from his new team. I like him, I'd rather him than half our DT boys now, but he is still a dumbass. Some people canT handle adversity, he is one of them.
lol some people just can't handle adversity? The guy has handled adversity his whole life. it all just caught up with him. great kid beats all the odds to get out of Crenshaw, which btw is where 3 of his siblings died. I'm sorry but all these statements about his character issues are ridiculous. I take umbrage with the assertion that somehow there's something wrong with him because he had the cajones to admit he was exhausted and depressed. How would it be if more folks took that route rather than beating there wife or shooting a coworker. I honestly have zero problem with the fact that he kicked Barron's ass.

Jsteve01
09-14-2012, 01:18 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8292e959/article/brian-price-hospitalized-after-sisters-death

No one has been struck by more bad luck and personal tragedy than this kid," Charles Price said. "But he'll be stronger for it, because that's the way he is. Like I said, he was trying to go on Monday and that was just a few days after all this happened."

Brian Price, who turned 23 in April, plans to honor Bridget by adopting her two young sons, who will move to Tampa to be with him after their school year ends.

"He's planning to adopt those two boys," Charles Price said. "I've actually been assisting him with some of the legal stuff on that. Again, that's just the kind of guy he is.''

I take it back this guy is right up there with Talib, Pacman, and Osama bin laden. Seriously UR. You've been defending knowshon for over 3 years and now you're going to pick up the pitch fork and torch for Price? I think you're a little misguided on this one.

Simple Jaded
09-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Sounds like Mark Barron is a dick.......

ikillz0mbies
09-15-2012, 02:04 PM
I've liked Price since he was at UCLA and he certainly has talent. If he has his head on straight, I'd love for the Broncos to sign him.

dogfish
09-15-2012, 05:36 PM
U29 is trippin'. . .

Jsteve01
09-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Sounds like Mark Barron is a dick.......

He straight tripping bro. But in all seriousness. Don't really have a problem with either of them

Simple Jaded
09-16-2012, 10:42 PM
He straight tripping bro. But in all seriousness. Don't really have a problem with either of them
Absolutely not. Rookie crossed the line on a vets last nerve.......

Superchop 7
09-16-2012, 10:59 PM
In the world of the National Football League, there is a pecking order of sorts, there is a difference between rookies and veteran players.

Buccaneer great Derrick Brooks seconded that motion Wednesday on the Ron and Ian Show on WDAE 620. Brooks, arguably the greatest Buccaneer linebacker ever, talked about the rumored confrontation between veteran defensive tackle Brian Price and rookie Mark Barron.

"Warren Sapp had a problem like that," Brooks said, recalling Sapp's rookie year. "Once he understood that you have to respect veteran players, he had a great second half of the season."

Source.....Bleacher Report

silkamilkamonico
09-17-2012, 07:02 AM
Anyone know if we signed him? would love to get him in denver. Anyone know if we have signed any dt since warrens injury?