PDA

View Full Version : Where to go in Denver / Aruora in Dec.

Astrass
11-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Hi Everyone,

I will be in Denver around the begining of Dec and I was wondering if you guys had some tips on where to visit to see some nice scenic things. My girlfriend and I are looking foward to seeing snow in the city and other scenic things in the area. We are staying in Aruora for some odd reason but will be in Denver for most of the weekend (also get to see Den vs KC on that Sunday).

So where should I go to enjoy the city? Is there anythign around Aurora worth visiting? We heard about Museums that are worth seeing also.

Thanks in advance =)

SR
11-02-2007, 05:09 AM
Aurora has been affectionately named "Saudi Aurora".

The Spaghetti Factory in Downtown Denver has always been one of my favorite places to go. I love going up to Idaho Springs and driving on the dirt roads up the mountain. You can see all sorts of cool stuff (old gold mines, wildlife, etc). If you drive far enough, you can get to Blackhawk and Central City (good gambling, great history, good turkey hunting). In the opposite direction, there is Echo Lake, Mount Evans, and all sorts of other neat things to do. It'll be colder than heck up there that time of the year, but it would be fun still.

dogfish
11-02-2007, 07:36 PM
anything in particular you're interested in?

i would highly recommend the denver botanic gardens if you were there any other season, but if it's even open in the winter there's obviously not much to see. . . denver itself isn't much of a town for sightseeing, but there's tons of good stuff elsewhere in the state. . . no trip to CO would be complete wiithout getting up into the mountains, weather permitting. . . there's any number of places you can go, but one that i personally am very partial to is the drive through glenwood canyon. . . it is freaking spectacular!

tell me what kinds of food you like and i can definitely recommend some good restaurants, breakfast lunch or dinner. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2007, 08:15 PM
As far as downtown Denver, there is LoDo, and the 16th street mall. Going south, there is the AF Academy, Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods and Estes Park is very nice.

sneakers
11-02-2007, 08:56 PM
When I was there last November, the Aquarium was awesome!! I liked the Tigers!

Astrass
11-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Anyone know which rehab clinic our broncos will be staying at that weekend? :(

Kapaibro
11-08-2007, 04:40 AM
When I was there last November, the Aquarium was awesome!! I liked the Tigers!

I loved the Aquarium! Doing the 'panning for gems' and the stingray feeding were my favs, but I LOVED the tigers and the otters too!

underrated29
11-09-2007, 04:26 PM
I loved the Aquarium! Doing the 'panning for gems' and the stingray feeding were my favs, but I LOVED the tigers and the otters too!

i haven't yet been to our aquarium, or maybe i am just thinking about the wrong animal here but.....

aquarium...tigers?....
Zoo?....fish?....
aquarium?....tigers?...:confused:

Astrass
11-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Ok so.....I'll be sitting in section 306 or 309 forgot exactly. It's in the same section as a full bar though. I was wondering if there is a "must try" as far as food goes around that section? =P Seems like so many choices lol.