PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the broncos would do this?

tireman357
11-01-2007, 12:36 PM
For that matter any team?

"As the New England Patriots pour it on opponents, fans have to be wondering about it and Tuesday former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher said it: If the Patriots keep running up the score, will someone like Tom Brady be the victim of a retaliatory hit?

The subject of the Pats' late-game tactics is causing a lot of buzz around the NFL, particularly after Sunday's 52-7 victory over the Washington Redskins. On a CBS conference call with reporters Tuesday. Cowher noted the Patriots could be playing a dangerous game.

"At some point if this continues, someone's going to take a cheap shot,'' Cowher said. "Is that worth subjecting your players to if it comes to that?''

Source: Boston Herald "

Escobar
11-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Do i think the broncos would do that?

I don't think so, not a shanny team atleast.

Now on the other hand, maybe the dolphins will, a player in case (joey porter)

tireman357
11-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Do i think the broncos would do that?

I don't think so, not a shanny team atleast.

Now on the other hand, maybe the dolphins will, a player in case (joey porter)

Hating a team/guy is one thing. Ending his career is another. I just dont know if there is a coach out there that would make that call.

Krugan
11-01-2007, 01:08 PM
It wouldnt be a coach making the call, it would a player who thinks its bush to continue to score.

My opinion, you dont stop playing the game because you are winning. If teams/players are having issues with the scoring, man up and stop them.

Skinny
11-01-2007, 01:15 PM
I don't see any player on our defense that has that kind of mentality. To 'intentionally' take someone out of the game. A 'Romanowski' sort-a-speak. (pun intended)

On the flip side as a player being retaliated on, you can't worry about stuff like that. You play to win the game. Sure it may be in the back of a players head, maybe even Brady's, but if he played like that, he would'nt be in the situation/position he is. . .

No Fear.

TXBRONC
11-01-2007, 01:28 PM
I don't know if one of our players would relaliate. However, it wouldn't if one of the Patriots future opponents does that. Eventually what goes around comes around. Some team it going get up on the Patriots at some point not let up. When that happens I fully expect Brady and Bellichek whine about it.

underrated29
11-01-2007, 02:05 PM
well avs fans (and most coloradans) know that marc crawford our old caoch put a bounty out on steve moores head- sure enough todd bertuzi took him out.

So i wouldnt put it past any coach or player, however in football i dont think that it would happen.

I do agree with tx that when someone runs up the mutha effin score on the pats they will cry and whine like no tomorrow.

It is for that reason alone that i want the broncos to finish out the season so we can be the ones to lay the hurt on the pats. Then after the game we can tkae BB sweatshirt and set it on fire at mid field!!!

eessydo
11-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Well we didn't against san diego so probably not, but if it were me I would over stack my defense on my sideline a couple of times to get billecheck to run a sweep to his sideline. Then instead of making the tackle I would tell a player to "accidentally" take out Bellicheck.

No need to take out a player when you can take out the coach.

In-com-plete
11-02-2007, 07:25 PM
It wouldnt be a coach making the call, it would a player who thinks its bush to continue to score.

My opinion, you dont stop playing the game because you are winning. If teams/players are having issues with the scoring, man up and stop them.

If the Yankees don't want Ichiro stealing 3rd base when the Mariners are up 12-0 in the 8th inning, man up and stop him.

If store owners don't want people robbing them, man up and stop these robbers.

I heard that like 1 in 4 girls are raped. I don't know why considering all they have to do is...man up and stop them.

topscribe
11-02-2007, 07:40 PM
As my daddy used to say, the chickens will come home to roost. :coffee:

-----