PDA

View Full Version : Roster moves: Ty Warren to injured reserve; Dan Koppen, Caleb Hanie to active roster

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2012, 03:08 PM
The Broncos have made official several roster moves we saw coming.

Defensive tackle Ty Warren, who re-tore his right triceps on Sunday, has been placed on injured reserve. This is his third consecutive season on IR.

The Broncos have signed veteran free agent center Dan Koppen to add depth on the offensive line and push young starter J.D. Walton, and the team has re-signed backup quarterback Caleb Hanie, who was released Saturday in a cost-saving move.

To make room for Koppen, the Broncos waived reserve center C.J. Davis.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/09/11/roster-moves-ty-warren-injured-reserve-dan-koppen-caleb-hanie-active-roster/15628/

Chef Zambini
09-12-2012, 03:36 AM
wow, I cant believe nobody picked up HANIE off the waiver wire !
such a tremendous talent... not even the cardinals?
we really dodged a bullet there

NightTrainLayne
09-12-2012, 11:36 AM
wow, I cant believe nobody picked up HANIE off the waiver wire !
such a tremendous talent... not even the cardinals?
we really dodged a bullet there

I think that anyone claiming Hanie would have had to guarantee his salary, which is what we were trying to avoid. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that may have played into the decision, and our plan from the beginning to release and then re-sign.

dogfish
09-13-2012, 01:16 AM
ccan't believe the koppen signing has flown this far under the radar. . . i don't know whether he's healthy-- but if he is, he's a significantly better player than JD walton, and may well take his job before mid-season. . . koppen also happens to be MUCH more familiar with the no-huddle offense than JD. . . another really nice signing by the FO. . .

sneakers
09-13-2012, 05:02 AM
No one wants to touch the hinie

pnbronco
09-13-2012, 09:04 AM
So I saw this from dmac this am:

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043

“@Dmarchusdc: @dmac1043 @joelklatt Classy move by Elway to give Hanie that bonus back!!”ahhh, well good for John

So what was the point of cutting him then giving him the bonus? Did it have to do with the guarantee part of the contract or cap or what? I was thinking that they wanted to save the $ 250,000 from the bonus.

TXBRONC
09-13-2012, 09:29 AM
No one wants to touch the hinie

It depends on whose hinie it is and if permission is granted to touch.