PDA

View Full Version : What we (I) learned from week 1 of fantasy football.

Mr. Gnome
09-11-2012, 12:34 PM
OK, so leading up to week 1, I kept reading that AP wasn't going to play and if so, very limited....so I benched him:mad:
Letting Gnomey draft for me....yeah, that worked (sorry honey). I gave her my list, which she couldn't find, yet many of those players from my draft sheet ended up on her team:shocked:
Time to look through the players list and see where I can make some changes, I know it's only week one, but you can tell who needs to go!
How did everyone else do?

Buff
09-11-2012, 12:58 PM
I fell into the Chris Johnson trap this year against my better judgement and couldn't feel any dumber for doing so. Guy is worthless.

MileHighCrew
09-11-2012, 01:21 PM
I learned Mr Gnome didn't do very good at the survival league ;)

Too early too tell, but I am glad I grabbed Alfred Morris off waivers in most of my leagues before week 1.

slim
09-11-2012, 01:26 PM
I learned that auto draft sucks.

turftoad
09-11-2012, 02:15 PM
I learned that I'm NOT playing Deangelo Williams again even IF Jonathan Stewart is not playing again. :tsk:

Ravage!!!
09-11-2012, 03:07 PM
I learned a LONG time ago, not to judge too much on week one. I also have learned over the years, that its the best time to make a trade for "name" players that do poorly. People are too impatient, and give up on a guy quickly. Strike now.

Jaws
09-11-2012, 03:41 PM
I learned that I'm NOT playing Deangelo Williams again even IF Jonathan Stewart is not playing again. :tsk:

I had him last year. Useless all season long.

gnomeflinger
09-11-2012, 06:46 PM
I learned Mr Gnome didn't do very good at the survival league ;)

Too early too tell, but I am glad I grabbed Alfred Morris off waivers in most of my leagues before week 1.

Mr. Gnome forgot his Yahoo information so he couldn't log on.

I have one too many WR's.

CrazyHorse
09-12-2012, 05:04 PM
I learned not to trust projections even if you are supposed to win by 30+ points.

Sparkie
09-12-2012, 05:42 PM
i learned not to trust the pre-game hype. got all excited about the season opener and started eli over vick at QB in primetimeleague. vick got a 100-pointer, sitting there on the bench.. and i lost what should have been a runaway win.

Ravage!!!
09-12-2012, 05:46 PM
100 pointer?

Pudge
09-12-2012, 07:10 PM
-100 pointer for four picks INTs I'm assuming

Jaws
09-13-2012, 03:45 AM
i learned not to trust the pre-game hype. got all excited about the season opener and started eli over vick at QB in primetimeleague. vick got a 100-pointer, sitting there on the bench.. and i lost what should have been a runaway win.

With a scoring system that rewards QB's so heavily such as that, I imagine pre-game hype and analysis won't be as applicable as it would be for regular scoring leagues.

How much did Eli get out of interest?

Difference between Eli and Vick was negligible in all of my Leagues, just three points or so separating them.

Jaws
09-13-2012, 11:43 PM
From week 2 I have learned I have a talent for starting QB's who throw 4 int's! First Vick, now Cutler. Throw 'em to the Sharks!