PDA

View Full Version : Practice at Invesco August 6th

GEM
08-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Anyone else going? Heading down there after work with my dad. :rockon: Silly fartknocker forgot my love for the Broncos. His friend cut out on him and he told my mom that he wasn't going cause he didn't have anyone to go with. She looked at him and said...are you a total flippin moron? :laugh: I'm stoked!!! :D

Greatspirits
08-05-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm going! Taking my 8 year old daughter, a future big Broncos fan!!

LRtagger
08-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Have fun! Take lots of pics

MasterShake
08-05-2009, 02:06 PM
I'll be there!

TXBRONC
08-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Enjoy, I would love to be there but unfortunately that isn't going to happen.

Thnikkaman
08-05-2009, 02:12 PM
I wish the company I worked for had offices in Denver.

G_Money
08-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Have a great time, GEM. :salute:

~G

LordTrychon
08-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Have a blast!

pnbronco
08-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Yup I'll be there too, really looking forward to it.

Lonestar
08-05-2009, 03:52 PM

report..

what you have seen.. enjoy so the rest of us can..

GEM
08-05-2009, 04:03 PM

report..

what you have seen.. enjoy so the rest of us can..

I gotta remember to stick my camera in my purse, otherwise it's crappy phone pics. I'll try to take some notes. :)

BroncoBJ
08-05-2009, 04:04 PM
I wish I could go. I won't be able to make TC this year :( But I've enjoyed reading everyones reports. I really wanted to make the Invesco practice but I won't. I'm still stoked for it though.

Take pics and take reports. :rockon:

Have fun everyone whos going.

Lonestar
08-05-2009, 05:02 PM
I gotta remember to stick my camera in my purse, otherwise it's crappy phone pics. I'll try to take some notes. :)

lets see chew gum, walk, talk to Dad, take picture and take NOTEs.. hey go for it..:D

BroncoJoe
08-05-2009, 05:03 PM
I might try to attend that practice with my son and possibly wife too (maybe the girls as well, but they don't really like football... :( )

MasterShake
08-05-2009, 06:45 PM

Me and my sister are both bringing our cameras. I for sure will write up what I see and post my pics. Should be fun!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-06-2009, 03:59 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13007917

The Broncos went through a light workout today in preparation for tonight's game-like practice at Invesco Field at Mile High.

"It will be fun to get into the stadium," quarterback Kyle Orton said. "Hopefully we'll get a lot of fans out there and put on a good show. First opportunity in the stadium.

"We've had some competitive days out here, but nothing like it will be in the stadium."

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels did not address the media after today's practice, which was like a pregame walk-through. Most veterans did not wear pads.

Team spokesman Jim Saccomano said tonight's structured scrimmage, which begins at 6 p.m. and is free to the public, will be the first of its kind in club history during training camp.

Hawgdriver
08-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Everyone is booing the punter

Hochuli is way more huge than you think

Hawgdriver
08-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Not much to rpt

Offense was dominant in 7 on 7s...stokely esp

So many new faces...I don't know half these doods

HORSEPOWER 56
08-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Here's a link to the live blog, too.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/practice-at-invesco-live-blog/

Hawgdriver
08-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Double turnover on kickoff return drill. Punt blocked earlier...hopefully we get all the good turnovers and no bad ones...

33 just busted one on a kickoff...then 11 followed right back (mckinley?)

This worries me...or it could be good...

Ok 33 is A Smith...he is making plays

Hawgdriver
08-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Here's a link to the live blog, too.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/practice-at-invesco-live-blog/

I suppose its more interesting than this...? I'll put up some video in a minute...if I can figure it out on this new phone...

MOtorboat
08-06-2009, 08:04 PM
7:00 p.m. MDT: Simms in the shotgun, drops back and Jarvis Moss roars back for what would have been a sack. Play continues, however, and Simms gets a quick pass off to Chad Jackson. The next play has the quarterback in shotgun again, this time stepping up and finding Royal, who tight-roped the sideline for what appeared to be a catch -- but was waived out of bounds by the referee.

I hope this means good things.

Hawgdriver
08-06-2009, 08:11 PM
offense looks puny so far on deep passes

Hawgdriver
08-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Buckhalter has some pop...hillis looks good

Broncos Mtnman
08-06-2009, 09:07 PM
offense looks puny so far on deep passes

Better get used to it.

Tned
08-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Reading the Post blog and tweets, it seems that the defense dominated the 11 on 11's. Anyone go to the practice? How did it look?

MasterShake
08-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Reading the Post blog and tweets, it seems that the defense dominated the 11 on 11's. Anyone go to the practice? How did it look?

Just got back. The D was killing the offense on a lot of plays. Orton kept getting tipped at the line and the CB's seemed to be at the right place when the ball was thrown to them either wrapping up the receiver or knocking the ball away. Both Simms and Orton had some nice touch passes, but I didn't see anything spectacular. Royal and Stockley both had some nice grabs on 3rd down drills (I think thats what it was anyway) and there was actually some good pressure from the Dline. Heres some pics of the beautiful night at Invesco:

There were A LOT of people there! Almost the whole bottom ring filled up.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/P8060107_2.jpg

Pat Bowlen
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/P8060089.jpg

Coach McD twirling his damn whistle constantly :D
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/P8060086_2.jpg

Kyle Orton in warm ups
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/P8060062_2.jpg

Scheffler
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/P8060044_2.jpg

Hillis! Both he and Eddie Royal got the biggest reactions upon entering the field. (Well, and of course Champ, too)
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/P8060046_2.jpg

Tned
08-06-2009, 09:23 PM
So, is the offense that bad, or the defense good?

Watchthemiddle
08-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Defense always learns faster and excells quicker in pre-season. The D will dominate and as the preseason goes on, the offense will pick up speed and catch up. Happens with every team every year.

Tned
08-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Frank Schwab:

Story of the night at Invesco: Fans boo a poor performance by Kyle Orton. Then really boo when Matt Prater misses two straight field goals.

sneakers
08-06-2009, 09:28 PM
I live in Wisconsin.....

Tned
08-06-2009, 09:31 PM
I live in Wisconsin.....

I once went to Lake Geneva...

frauschieze
08-06-2009, 09:45 PM
I still question why we didn't bring a kicker in to compete with Prater.

BroncoWave
08-06-2009, 09:50 PM
I still question why we didn't bring a kicker in to compete with Prater.

Agreed. Seems like everyone was content with him keeping the job regardless of having one of the lowest FG percentages of anyone in the league last year. There were too many good FA kickers this year not to have brought one in for competition. Bad idea IMO.

GEM
08-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Our Qb's are terrible. Plain and simple.

Ayers is going to be a monster, he was giving Harris a fit most of the night.

Hillis is a badass.

D looked good. 2 interceptions and a knockdown in about 18 plays.

Alphonso Smith is going to be special....really special.

Oh and Hillis has the best looking calves I've ever seen on a man. :drool:

MOtorboat
08-06-2009, 09:53 PM

Um, oh yeah?

GEM
08-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Colburn went down with a knee injury but got up on the sidelines and was walking on it, saw him standing on the sidelines later on.

65 dunno his name went down with a knee injury, didn't see him again.

Prater, well he's no better in practice than he was last year during the season.

Both punters looked good. I'd say Colquitt stays if I had to pick right now. Prater looked good on kickoffs.

GEM
08-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Um, oh yeah?

Yep. Orton's only attempt over 20 yards was dropped into receiver 10 yards behind him, picked off. He looked absolutely terrible.

Simms holds onto the ball for too long and gets jumpy once it's too late.

BroncoWave
08-06-2009, 09:56 PM

I think it's way too early to make that blunt a judgment before the first preseason game is even played. This was pretty much a glorified practice so I'm not going to get too upset over the play of the QB's.

MOtorboat
08-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Yep. Orton's only attempt over 20 yards was dropped into receiver 10 yards behind him, picked off. He looked absolutely terrible.

Orton's first seven games last year were just as good as Cutler's.

Orton got injured. Cutler fell apart...

Tned
08-06-2009, 09:59 PM

You are not filling me with confidence about the upcoming season. :sad:

NightTrainLayne
08-06-2009, 10:03 PM

That comparison doesn't mean a whole lot with Orton playing in a new system here. By all accounts Orton had a bad outing tonight.. . .either that or the D played really, really well.

But, that's why we have practices. I hope that Orton and the O can put it together over the next month. I have confidence that they can, they have all the pieces.

Hawgdriver
08-06-2009, 10:05 PM

Ayers is going to be a monster, he was giving Harris a fit most of the night.

Hillis is a badass.

D looked good. 2 interceptions and a knockdown in about 18 plays.

Alphonso Smith is going to be special....really special.

Oh and Hillis has the best looking calves I've ever seen on a man. :drool:

GEM, that's exactly what I would have said to summarize, especially the part about Hillis.

I'll put up video tomorrow unless someone beats me to it. I'm still building my new computer and don't know how to transfer stuff off my new uber-phone.

I really like #33 from what I saw. Agree that Harris struggled or LDE was getting some pressure.

Not impressed by Orton, Simms.

I think secondary will be much better this year.

RB should be decent with just Buck and Hillis.

Offense did well in short/intermediate in 7 on 7s and 11 on 11s, except when A Smith was making plays.

Yup that's story of the night, A Smith making plays and general suck otherwise.

Hawgdriver
08-06-2009, 10:07 PM
You are not filling me with confidence about the upcoming season. :sad:

That's my feeling now...less optimistic than before. I'm sure they will work out some of the kinks and they aren't giving us a full taste in public...but the QB situation is worse than I hoped.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-06-2009, 10:37 PM
under video & audio http://www.denverbroncos.com/

Dean
08-06-2009, 10:45 PM
GEM, that's exactly what I would have said to summarize, especially the part about Hillis.

You, also, think that Hillis has the best looking calves on a man????

Watchthemiddle
08-06-2009, 10:52 PM
I will reserve judgement until the actual season begins. Offense is a timing thing, the d at this point can play more aggressive than the O and will look better for now.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-06-2009, 10:56 PM
I will reserve judgement until the actual season begins. Offense is a timing thing, the d at this point can play more aggressive than the O and will look better for now.

Every year the D is always ahead of the O in training camp, and the first few preseason games.

frauschieze
08-06-2009, 11:05 PM
You, also, think that Hillis has the best looking calves on a man????

Beaten to the punch. :salute:

GEM
08-06-2009, 11:36 PM
All I have seen of Orton and Simms actually playing/practice was what I saw tonight. If I go by what I saw tonight, our QB situation is terrible. Maybe they'll get it together, but I'm not too optimistic. I know it's not what anyone wanted to hear, but just bringing back what I saw. Another negative...Mr. McDoogie's stepping away from the ZBS is evident as I didn't see as many holes created for the backs.

I'll post pics and the videos tomorrow when I can upload my card.

So that was the negative. There was positives. The D looked better. They were pressuring the OL and the QB. DJ was rushing the passer from the inside position, did get penetration.

Our secondary looks pretty damn good. I'm uber impressed with Smith, that guy is a ball hawk, reminded me of DWill, has the same kind of heart in the game and better ball skills. He knows where the ball is going to be and he's there consistently. Andre Goodman had 2 INT's and one that was almost an INT. He looked good tonight.

Lonnie Paxton was practicing long snaps before practice started, he's going to be just fine in that department. He didn't follow through downfield so I'm not sure if he is going to be first of attack on tackles like Leach always was.

Hillis plowed through the first line and very often into the second line. He also has the softest touch on catches that I have seen in a long time.

Royal was great, that guy is just fun to watch. All the receivers looked pretty good, didn't see a whole lot of dropped balls. Scheffler had a very, very nice over the middle catch that he was gone for a TD. Looked very good.

Pat Bowlen showed up, I guess I never really paid any attention to exactly how tall and skinny he is.

I'll post pics and vids tomorrow.

atwater27
08-06-2009, 11:49 PM

Good God, give it up already.

silkamilkamonico
08-07-2009, 02:51 AM
Both Orton and Cutler are second rate starting Qb's in the NFL. The sooner you guys realize that, the better.

tumbana
08-07-2009, 04:42 AM
Both Orton and Cutler are second rate starting Qb's in the NFL. The sooner you guys realize that, the better.

****EDIT*****Cutler is an elite QB, Orton is a career journeyman in the making. Just because Orton is trash doesn't mean Cutler is, no matter how much you hate him. Read a book, it should make you smarter. I think.

BroncoBJ
08-07-2009, 04:49 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9GpukIWC6Uk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9GpukIWC6Uk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

:elefant:

Pretty cool to see IMO.

MOtorboat
08-07-2009, 07:41 AM
Good God, give it up already.

A thoughtful, intelligent post. Thank you.

Dean
08-07-2009, 07:57 AM
Cap-N-cronic on Broncomania posted this video from U-tube of the practice. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GpukIWC6Uk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebroncosforums%2Ecom%2Fforu ms%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D43529%26page%3D4&feature=player_embedded

Orton's longer passes were way off mark.

Nomad
08-07-2009, 08:14 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9GpukIWC6Uk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9GpukIWC6Uk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

:elefant:

Pretty cool to see IMO.

Thanks MVP! Though night and day, the release of Orton vs Cutler!!!

LRtagger
08-07-2009, 08:15 AM
Going from that Youtube video, a lot of the poor passes just looked like timing problems.

Also I loved all of the different looks that I saw on defense.

Soemthing you all need to realize, the defense probably has a majority of their playbook installed while the offense probably doesn't even have 1/3 of their playbook in place. Under McD, QB is going to be the toughest position to get acclimated to, so do not be surprised if Orton struggles in his first real "live game" situation. I am not surprised at all that timing is still off...these guys have only been playing together (under a new system) for a full week now. Let's not get carried away with the doom and gloom.

CoachChaz
08-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Going from that Youtube video, a lot of the poor passes just looked like timing problems.

Also I loved all of the different looks that I saw on defense.

Soemthing you all need to realize, the defense probably has a majority of their playbook installed while the offense probably doesn't even have 1/3 of their playbook in place. Under McD, QB is going to be the toughest position to get acclimated to, so do not be surprised if Orton struggles in his first real "live game" situation. I am not surprised at all that timing is still off...these guys have only been playing together (under a new system) for a full week now. Let's not get carried away with the doom and gloom.

Amen...good to see that common sense isn't completely dismissed in this thread

atwater27
08-07-2009, 08:29 AM
A thoughtful, intelligent post. Thank you.

no problem grandma.

Mike
08-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Knock it off and stay on topic.

Hawgdriver
08-07-2009, 09:26 AM
BTW this is the video quality of a blackberry tour...
LQeFey6oLZ4

Hawgdriver
08-07-2009, 09:32 AM
9GpukIWC6Uk

LRtagger
08-07-2009, 09:49 AM
BTW this is the video quality of a blackberry tour...

Thanks for sharing! The defense looks much improved against the run in that vid...hope it holds true when the season starts.