PDA

View Full Version : No respect for Broncos *Win* over Steelers

BronColt
09-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Every post game analysis I have seen on ESPN and NFL network have made comments about the Steelers having 2 of their best defensive players NOT playing in James Harrison and Ryan Clark. As if both of them not playing was the cause of their loss and the only reason we won. Well we didn't have our starting DT in Ty Warren or our best LB in DJ Williams. Chris Kuper was also out on our O line as well.

Everyone is making excuses for the Steelers and putting an asterisk by our win. I say Peyton and the D owned them last night and they need to stop their whining and excuses! We beat them on both sides of the ball so DEAL WITH IT Steelers fans!

LTC Pain
09-10-2012, 03:53 PM
I might care what the Steelers fans think tomorrow morning early when I need some toilet paper!

BroncoNut
09-10-2012, 04:04 PM
who gives a crap? this kind of thing is expected. I am glad dirty harry was not able to play. Not so sure we "owned the steelers last night" but things just went our way in the end. steelers definitely had their chances.

chazoe60
09-10-2012, 04:12 PM
The only thing worse than the Stealers are Stealer fans. Buncha dolts.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Their tears are delicious!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2012, 04:23 PM
I listened to Tony Dungy before the game, and he said that he could not see how the Broncos could beat the Steelers. I am sure he was fully aware of which Steelers were not going to play.

After the game, he gave much credit to Manning.

rationalfan
09-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Every post game analysis I have seen on ESPN and NFL network have made comments about the Steelers having 2 of their best defensive players NOT playing in James Harrison and Ryan Clark. As if both of them not playing was the cause of their loss and the only reason we won. Well we didn't have our starting DT in Ty Warren or our best LB in DJ Williams. Chris Kuper was also out on our O line as well.

Everyone is making excuses for the Steelers and putting an asterisk by our win. I say Peyton and the D owned them last night and they need to stop their whining and excuses! We beat them on both sides of the ball so DEAL WITH IT Steelers fans!

yeah, because there are ZERO media outlets raving about peyton manning and his performance today. none.

also, don't let the facts rile you up. the media will point out the injuries because it's a matter of fact. i haven't read ANYONE clearly state "this game would have been different had harrison and clark played." they're simply stating the obvious, just like they would have had mcgahee or decker been out. it doesn't mean the media is out to get denver. because, again NO ONE is talking/writing about peyton manning and the broncos today.

pegcage
09-10-2012, 04:39 PM
yeah, because there are ZERO media outlets raving about peyton manning and his performance today. none.

also, don't let the facts rile you up. the media will point out the injuries because it's a matter of fact. i haven't read ANYONE clearly state "this game would have been different had harrison and clark played." they're simply stating the obvious, just like they would have had mcgahee or decker been out. it doesn't mean the media is out to get denver. because, again NO ONE is talking/writing about peyton manning and the broncos today.

Don't know who you are watching or listening to. Everybody I have tuned in to, including Mike and Mike, are raving about Peyton and giving Broncos lots of credit.

MOtorboat
09-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Didn't figure it would take too long before this thread would pop up. I think its natural for people to have an us against the world mentality when it comes to rooting for their team.

I haven't heard much but praise. Even from people who doubted Manning, beforehand. I can't remember her name, but she's on First Take, and was on in that weird spot on ESPN Radio that Gottleib vacated and they haven't picked a permanent replacement for, but she's been a Manning doubter from day one, and she completely turned her opinion around, saying it surprised her how good of a relationship Manning has with the receivers, and how fast that has happened.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Don't know who you are watching or listening to. Everybody I have tuned in to, including Mike and Mike, are raving about Peyton and giving Broncos lots of credit.

His comments are saying that he is not agreeing with the comments in the first post in this thread.

chaoticmayhem
09-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Blah..blah...blah...

It was a close game that went back and forth but in the end Big Ben made a critical mistake and it costs his team the possible win. All the so-called experts can kiss my ass. I called it before the game just like it eventually went down - it'll be a close game but the Broncos will win by playing aggressive defense. Case closed. Bring on the Falcons.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Some must not be reading all of the articles, as there is plenty of praise for the Broncos, rather than excuses being made as to why they won.

tomjonesrocks
09-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Have heard a little of this--that Manning can't throw long anymore (>40 yards) and as a result teams coming up will jump routes, etc.

Guess we will see.

slim
09-10-2012, 05:10 PM
The only thing worse than the Stealers are Stealer fans. Buncha dolts.

The only thing worse than misspelling "Steelers" in a sentence, is misspelling it twice in the same sentence.

Fullback32
09-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Let them disrespect the Broncos. I don't care what those guys say. If they actually are, it just might keep motivating the Broncos. But like others, I've mainly heard good stuff especially about Peyton.

Dean
09-10-2012, 05:32 PM

. . . and if Gen. Custer only had many more men. However, he didn't and they were massacred. I see a parallel here. We get the W forever and always and they get the L. There is nothing moreto see here please move along.

chazoe60
09-10-2012, 05:39 PM
The only thing worse than misspelling "Steelers" in a sentence, is misspelling it twice in the same sentence.

I spell it that way on purpose fatass. Because they Steal Lombardi trophies from teams like the Seahawks.

Now get your shit together Slim!

SmilinAssasSin27
09-10-2012, 05:53 PM
All the Steeler fans were good to me today. No excuses. A few mentioned no Clark or Harrison, but they also agreed that losing DJ and our best interior OL also hurt us. Consensus is that Peyton is a beast and we may just be for real.

slim
09-10-2012, 05:54 PM
I spell it that way on purpose fatass. Because they Steal Lombardi trophies from teams like the Seahawks.

Now get your shit together Slim!

Ben likes to steal sex from women.

FlyByU
09-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Ben likes to steal sex from women.

LOL are you talking about Ben Rapistburger?

Dzone
09-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Stealers suck

rationalfan
09-10-2012, 07:05 PM

Sarcasm. It doesn't always translate in writing.

Simple Jaded
09-10-2012, 08:47 PM
I'll take 19 *Wins* with a large side of Who-Gives-A-Shit?. Thank you.......

Magnificent Seven
09-10-2012, 11:48 PM
and DE Jason Hunter didn't play, too.

Magnificent Seven
09-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Oh yea! 3 more players... Dawkins is retired... Tebow is gone... Royal is gone, too...

sneakers
09-11-2012, 01:31 AM
Their tears are delicious!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100318024248/southpark/images/e/e9/ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

sneakers
09-11-2012, 01:42 AM
Why do people care at all what the retards at espn say? "The broncos are getting no respect" thing is stupid. Who give a flying ****? seriously?

Dapper Dan
09-11-2012, 09:48 AM
I figured there would be some excuses. Just like last year. I had been looking at the injuries leading up and thinking "Oh God, these will be excuses." I haven't heard the Pitt fans I know say anything. They've been extremely quiet.

BroncoNut
09-11-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm not really into the trash talking beforehand or the excuses after. just not my thing. haven't heard much from any steeler fans out here. there are tons of them that know I am with the good guys. I jsut leave them be and look to the next game. that's my attitude. that's why I am a winner

TXBRONC
09-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Whether the media gives praise or doesn't give praise matters not to me because it doesn't change the fact the Broncos won the game.

Chef Zambini
09-11-2012, 10:41 AM
who gives a crap? this kind of thing is expected. I am glad dirty harry was not able to play. Not so sure we "owned the steelers last night" but things just went our way in the end. steelers definitely had their chances.love the title "dirty harry" !

Chef Zambini
09-11-2012, 10:49 AM
broncos won, fair and square. But just as mannings talent is readily apparent, so are our flaws as a defense. as i told you all before the season started, TE are going to give us trouble because we dont have the necessary talent at safety and LB !
ALSO, the steelers really had no RUSHING attack, another potential weakness of our D that a team like the falcons, raiderrs cheifs and others will exploit!
I am happy with the win, elated with the offense but remain concerned about our defense.

BroncoNut
09-11-2012, 11:38 AM
love the title "dirty harry" !

I am catching up with you Zam. You've been a great mentor to me over the years. I will never forget you as the one that took the time to explain a bootleg to me in a pm way back at the freak while the others laughed and mocked. You were kinda like my St. Simon

Simple Jaded
09-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Harry Callahan: "Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the *******. That's my policy."

The Mayor: "Intent? How did you establish that?"

Harry Callahan: "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"

The Mayor: "He's got a point".......

Rick
09-11-2012, 08:15 PM
What does the injuries to the Steelers defense have to do with them only scoring 19 points? Or Ben throwing a pick 6 to seal the game?

Canmore
09-11-2012, 08:17 PM
What does the injuries to the Steelers defense have to do with them only scoring 19 points? Or Ben throwing a pick 6 to seal the game?

Quite simply NOTHING.