PDA

View Full Version : Ty Warren Injury

Traveler
09-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Just read on another Bronco website that Warren re-tore his tricep per John Fox. No confirmation on any of the other major websites. Did anyone else hear of this?

EDIT: Just saw the other thread. Merge thread if necessary.

slim
09-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Yes, he is likely out for the season.

spikerman
09-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Adam Schefter is confirming via twitter. http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=AdamSchefter

slim
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/09/10/warrens-injury/15573/

Dzone
Yes, just heard the news. Heis out fo r the season and probably career is over. Malik Jackson will be stepping up. Who will come up from PS?

tomjonesrocks
09-10-2012, 02:40 PM
The Fan reporting retorn biceps...

PatriotsGuy
09-10-2012, 02:41 PM
triceps, but yeah that's too bad.

Northman
09-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Well, that was quick.

slim
Yes, just heard the news. Heis out fo r the season and probably career is over. Malik Jackson will be stepping up. Who will come up from PS?

Well, I think they brought Siliga up from the practice squad when they cut Hanie.....

Davii
**** me. When did that happen, I don't even remember seeing him last night.

rationalfan
wow. damn.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@PostBroncos

Blog: Broncos are re-signing Hanie http://dpo.st/ROoPLG #broncos

@Favretto @MHR_KaptainKirk He re-tore the same triceps that he tore last year.
View conversation

People need to relax RT @Deadspin: Everyone on Twitter got worked up when Willis McGahee said he went to "Miami" http://deadsp.in/Yr2sKu

With Warren injury, and Hanie returning to 53 this week, Broncos have some choices to make with who stays on active roster.

I know fans haven't had much patience for Warren. But after getting to know him this summer, I feel terrible for him. So disappointing.

Fox said he's seen improvement in Manning "every time he's gone out." That goes back, Fox said, to workout at Duke. #broncos

Fox said he wants Brooking and Trevathan to both play more to help spell starting linebackers moving forward. #broncos

Fox: "Kudos to our fans for keeping their tickets." Said it felt like much less black/gold he's seen throughout his coaching career.

Blog: Warren’s re-tears biceps, likely done for season http://dpo.st/ROmFfb #broncos

Fox said Caleb Hanie will be re-signed. "It was procedural."

Fox: "We'll adjust. Next man up."

Fox said he just learned of Warren's injury, hasn't talked to him yet. No decision yet on IR etc.

Ty Warren re-tore the triceps, Fox said.

CrazyHorse
09-10-2012, 02:52 PM
We were already thin at DT.

slim
09-10-2012, 02:54 PM
**** me. When did that happen, I don't even remember seeing him last night.

Me either. I'm not sure it's really that big of a loss, actually.

ShaneFalco
09-10-2012, 02:59 PM
hmmm i wonder if we will sign another DT

CoachChaz
09-10-2012, 03:13 PM
I liked what Brooking was doing when he was on the field. Barely noticed Trevathan.

Feel bad for Ty Warren. I know the consensus here dislikes him, but I know he really wanted to contribute

HORSEPOWER 56
09-10-2012, 03:18 PM
That's what I was worried about... When Warren left and didn't return I figured it must be serious. Damn. Are there any other FAs out there or do you think we'll just roll with Siliga? Marcus Thomas is available I believe. He got cut by the Giants during the final cutdown. Not good, but better than nothing...

LTC Pain
09-10-2012, 03:32 PM
I'd say Siliga stays on the 53 man roster. If we need another DT then Thomas has to be a consideration.

silkamilkamonico
09-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Dude has a glass gina. Surprised Denver even bothered keeping him on the roster. *shocker*

LTC Pain
09-10-2012, 03:37 PM
That's what I was worried about... When Warren left and didn't return I figured it must be serious. Damn. Are there any other FAs out there or do you think we'll just roll with Siliga? Marcus Thomas is available I believe. He got cut by the Giants during the final cutdown. Not good, but better than nothing...

Marcus Thomas was the first person I thought of to. But if Hanie takes Warren's spot on the 53 man roster, who gets cut to add another DT??? Surely not Siliga???

chaoticmayhem
09-10-2012, 03:45 PM
career...over

BigDaddyBronco
09-10-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm just surprised it didn't heppen in the pre-season. I feel bad for the guy, but damn, this is why you bring in some extra bodies in the pre-season.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Merged threads.

MileHighCrew
09-10-2012, 04:32 PM
That sucks, I feel for the guy. It is hard work to come back like he did, must be very upset

Buff
09-10-2012, 04:47 PM
The worst part about this is that we'll probably bring back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDzt-pw1QJI

spikerman
09-10-2012, 04:54 PM
I've never understood the dislike for Warren. I thought he was a very good player. It's unfortunate that he's had injury problems, but when he's healthy he has the potential to be dominant. Marcus Thomas, on the other hand, is quite the opposite of dominant. He's extremely average.

nevcraw
09-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Naive maybe.. but any trade possibilities out there? anybody DT heavy?

Dzone
09-10-2012, 06:20 PM
^Cool sig of Miller Tebowing. I dont know how you guys do that, but its cool

Nomad
09-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Too bad.....I was hoping the big man would make some noise this year. What part of the game did he get hurt?

Davii
09-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Too bad.....I was hoping the big man would make some noise this year. What part of the game did he get hurt?

I think 3rd quarter, not sure though

NightTerror218
09-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Time to see some of our young guys step up..Jackson and Wolfe.

Jsteve01
09-10-2012, 10:50 PM
well wolfe aint playin NT he'll run UT in passing situations. Jackson and Siliga are the dudes now

ikillz0mbies
09-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Ugh...I feel bad for Warren. It seemed he would be making a huge impact this year. This just means more playing time for Jackson and hopefully for Siliga. I see the Broncos signing a veteran, like Marcus Thomas as some already suggested.

spikerman
09-11-2012, 06:40 AM
Since the Broncos were playing hardball with Warren in the offseason my guess is that they already had a contingency plan in the event he didn't play for them this year. Either they are happy with their depth or they have someone else in mind.

Traveler
09-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Ugh...I feel bad for Warren. It seemed he would be making a huge impact this year. This just means more playing time for Jackson and hopefully for Siliga. I see the Broncos signing a veteran, like Marcus Thomas as some already suggested.

We already know what Thomas brings. I'd like for the team to possibly look at some bigger DT's like Frank Okam or Remi Ayodele.

TXBRONC
09-11-2012, 10:49 AM
I don't dislike Warren and was all for keeping him because had good camp and preseason but now that he is injuried yet again it's time to let him go.

DenBronx
09-11-2012, 04:14 PM
I'll say it again....we should have kept Bunkley. He was really good for us and we have 15 million in cap space still. Poor choice of not keeping him and going with Warren who is injury prone.

DenBronx
09-11-2012, 04:15 PM
I think 3rd quarter, not sure though

It was early first quarter....that's why you never saw him in the game really.

Cugel
09-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Warren played the first 5 snaps of the game. Then he re-tore the same triceps that he hurt last year. He hasn't been really healthy since 2008 and this is very probably the end of his career.

Warren's woes (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21509300/broncos-ty-warren-tears-triceps-again-likely-done)

If Ty Warren's season is over, it will make three consecutive years spent on injured reserve. A look at Warren's injury history:

2010 — While with the Patriots, Warren couldn't shake a nagging hip injury that had bothered him consistently through 2009. He had surgery in August and missed the entire season. Warren spent much of the time while he was rehabbing in College Station, Texas, finishing the credits to earn his bachelor's degree at Texas A&M.

2011 — Warren was released by the Patriots after the lockout ended and quickly signed a two-year, $8 million contract with the Broncos. In mid-August, Warren suffered a partial triceps tear in his right triceps during a 9-on-7 drill. The Broncos gave him a spot on the 53-man roster after the preseason, but he soon suffered a setback and was placed on injured reserve Sept. 17.

2012 — Warren played in the Broncos' first three preseason games and was healthy through training camp. He tore the right triceps again on his fifth defensive snap Sunday against Pittsburgh.

Two years on IR with a hip injury while a Patriot. Two years on IR as a Bronco with a triceps injury.

"Turn out the lights, the party's over. They say that all good things must end." -- Dandy Don Meredith

dogfish
09-11-2012, 08:15 PM
that's what we get for relying on a guy as broken-down as ty. . . no offense to him, it's just how it is. . . i LOVE most of the new FO's personnel moves-- still wish they'd get DT settled with a couple solid players at some point, though. . .

Buff
09-11-2012, 08:25 PM
that's what we get for relying on a guy as broken-down as ty. . . no offense to him, it's just how it is. . . i LOVE most of the new FO's personnel moves-- still wish they'd get DT settled with a couple solid players at some point, though. . .

Agreed 100% obviously...

I think all of the Peyton Manning hype is overshadowing the fact that we ought to be terrified that our two starting DTs are Vickerson and Bannan. Do you know anything about the younger guys? Do Jackson and Siliga give us any hope?

Dzone
09-11-2012, 08:41 PM
why is Chris Harris in a walking boot?

dogfish
09-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Agreed 100% obviously...

I think all of the Peyton Manning hype is overshadowing the fact that we ought to be terrified that our two starting DTs are Vickerson and Bannan. Do you know anything about the younger guys? Do Jackson and Siliga give us any hope?

i know nothing about siliga, other than he was on our PS last year, and the coaching staff supposedly likes his potential as a run-stopper. . . jackson has ability, but he's another 'tweener type, undersized and played mostly end in college. . . smilin' assassin would really be the guy to ask about malik. . .

bluntly, it looks to me like run defense is a low priority for this squad-- we're pretty much building directly from the indy blueprint, planning on having the lead and focusing on our pass D pretty heavily. . . i don't love it that much given indy's typical playoff results, honestly. . . i was hoping we'd try to put more of a balanced team around manning. . . normally i wouldn't feel this way, but given our unique opportunity here, i kinda wish we'd just sucked it up and overpaid bunkley. . . ah well, we'll see where it goes. . .

HORSEPOWER 56
09-11-2012, 09:00 PM
i know nothing about siliga, other than he was on our PS last year, and the coaching staff supposedly likes his potential as a run-stopper. . . jackson has ability, but he's another 'tweener type, undersized and played mostly end in college. . . smilin' assassin would really be the guy to ask about malik. . .

bluntly, it looks to me like run defense is a low priority for this squad-- we're pretty much building directly from the indy blueprint, planning on having the lead and focusing on our pass D pretty heavily. . . i don't love it that much given indy's typical playoff results, honestly. . . i was hoping we'd try to put more of a balanced team around manning. . . normally i wouldn't feel this way, but given our unique opportunity here, i kinda wish we'd just sucked it up and overpaid bunkley. . . ah well, we'll see where it goes. . .

That's why I really would like to see what Jackson could do as LE and just move Wolfe inside to 3 technique where he played in college. At 6'5" and 270, Jackson is almost a prototypical DE. At least bring him in with Wolfe, Von, and Doom for the "NASCAR package".

Also, I like the way Unrein has been playing. He's been just as solid as anyone else out there. The guy I'm the most baffled at still starting is Bannan. He's poor vs the run and darn near invisible at pass rushing.

In watching the game, I noticed that on obvious passing downs we played a 3-3-5 nickle package most of the time with Doom, Wolfe, and Unrein down, Von standing as an OLB/DE on the edge, and Woodyard and Mays as the true stand up LBs. Every time I see Mays out there on passing downs, I cringe. I'd like to see Mays replaced with Trevathan or Irving at least, but I'd really love to see us try some "big Nickel" stuff with Mays being replaced by a Safety. Carter or Leonhard would be better in coverage vs a TE, and both can run downhill and hit if the offense tries to run a draw play.

Right now, the only guys I have doubts about on the defense are Bannan and Mays. It would be great to bring in another DT like Ayodele, but if we're going to dance with the girl we brought, I'd rather Bannan move into a reserve role.

tubby
09-11-2012, 09:52 PM
http://meganandtimmy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/turd.jpg