PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead to ATL

CrazyHorse
09-10-2012, 07:16 AM
How are we going to stop Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzales? Or do we just plan to outscore them? Their running game doesn't scare me at all. I think this looks to be a shoot out. Hope we can get a better pass rush than we did against Pitt.

Apollo
09-10-2012, 07:35 AM
We just have to outscore them. Our defense looks pretty dire to me, it'll be a game of who can score the most. Hopefully Porter has another good game though.

MileHighCrew
09-10-2012, 07:48 AM
I think Champ and Porter will do fine against White and Jones./ They wont shut them down but they should be able to contain them. The question is who can cover a TE...

Traveler
09-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Gonzalez might have a huge game if we can't find someway to defend the TE's in the middle of the field.

Anyone here going to the game?

camdisco24
09-10-2012, 08:44 AM
They better be watching some serious tape on how to cover a TE. And I'm not just talking about last night (Heath Miller), I'm talking about last season too. These are the same guys who couldn't stop the NE TE Duo if their life depended on it. I think Del Rio will hammer that home this week.

Honestly though, unlike last nights game, I think the game against ATL will come down to offense. IMO, we have the advantage there.

Dzone
09-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Its going to be a battle but it is indoors on plastic grass, just like old times for Manning

slim
09-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Defense schmefense.

Cassel scored 24 against them. I am guessing that Peyton is better than that.

BroncoNut
09-10-2012, 09:25 AM
this Atlanta game will be a tough one to win on the road. defense needs a good game and manning needs to lengthen some of his series otherwise Vick and Co will pace us throughout the game. Vickerson needs to stop making stupid penalties too.

OrangeHoof
09-10-2012, 09:41 AM
If it were in Denver, I'd feel confident but in their house they can dominate at times. The Falcons generally look scarier than they often perform. If we can get pressure on Ryan, I think it will be a good game. If we can't get to him, he has the weapons to pick us apart.

The Steelers, while good, are not healthy and not in great shape. We shouldn't be lulled into a sense of security just because we beat them. I think this club still has many struggles ahead.

Ziggy
09-10-2012, 09:53 AM
this Atlanta game will be a tough one to win on the road. defense needs a good game and manning needs to lengthen some of his series otherwise Vick and Co will pace us throughout the game. Vickerson needs to stop making stupid penalties too.

Bring that time machine back to 2012 brother.

LTC Pain
09-10-2012, 10:17 AM

????????????????????????????/

slim
09-10-2012, 10:20 AM
You guys leave Nut alone.

Nomad
09-10-2012, 10:23 AM
BRONCOS better bring their A game especially the LBs.

Yeah, nut, Vick tore the BRONCOS up last time on that Halloween night.

SR
09-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Atlanta scares me. Plain and simple.

Fullback32
09-10-2012, 10:28 AM
All I can say is they better find a solution for TE coverage and FAST!

slim
09-10-2012, 10:28 AM
A non-conference road game against a quality team. If they find a way to steal one, great. If not...not really a big deal.

ATLbroNCO
09-10-2012, 10:32 AM
I'll be at this game!! I believe we'll have an easier time getting pressure on Matty Ice, and actually containing him once the pocket collapses. The two things we can't let happen is:

1. Let Julio Jones get behind us on any play OR not wrap up and allow him to get a cheap, long TD.
2. Give the Falcons the second chances that we did last night with the Steelers. Anything longer than 3-and-7ish we need to get off the field! If we can allow Peyton to have more drives, he will be able to wear defenses down even more. Also, our defense is going to need all the rest they can get with all of the Falcons speed and weapons on offense.

Last time we were in Atlanta it was a phenomenal game, I expect nothing less of this one.

Nomad
09-10-2012, 10:33 AM
A non-conference road game against a quality team. If they find a way to steal one, great. If not...not really a big deal.

If they don't win.....they are losers and losing sucks.:lol:

BroncoNut
09-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Bring that time machine back to 2012 brother.

oh,, took me a while to see what you meant. I meant Aaron Rogers and co.

BroncoNut
09-10-2012, 10:53 AM
All I can say is they better find a solution for TE coverage and FAST!

here here. If we don't have a plan of action for that before gametime, I honestly think we should not go with TE play at all.

BroncoJoe
09-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Won't be the first time Jones and Gonzalez get catches and won't be the last. It's gonna happen folks - it's more of a matter of can we keep them to 3 points and not 7.

blamkin86
09-10-2012, 02:15 PM
2. Give the Falcons the second chances that we did last night with the Steelers. Anything longer than 3-and-7ish we need to get off the field!

This.

Buff
09-10-2012, 02:28 PM
I actually like that we're facing Atlanta directly after Pittsburgh because I think both offenses present very similar challenges. Both teams have elite WRs who put a ton of pressure on the secondary and both teams possess big bruising RBs. I'm hoping we'll learn a lot from our 3rd down mistakes against Pitt and be in a better position against ATL.

BroncoJoe
09-10-2012, 02:30 PM
I actually like that we're facing Atlanta directly after Pittsburgh because I think both offenses present very similar challenges. Both teams have elite WRs who put a ton of pressure on the secondary and both teams possess big bruising RBs. I'm hoping we'll learn a lot from our 3rd down mistakes against Pitt and be in a better position against ATL.

Ditto. I don't think Ryan has the escapability of Rothlisberger either...

Oh, and Knowshon will have another TD in that game.

broncosfannum24
09-10-2012, 02:38 PM
I fear the Steelers passing game way more than the falcons, we just played against the fastest receiving corps in the league, and a pretty talented group I might add, not to mention a qb that takes a wrecking ball to bring down. Can't go no where but up.

Poet
09-10-2012, 02:42 PM
The Falcons offensive line is not built to throw the ball and that's how they're starting to play. Turner is still a good back and if the Falcons run an offense like they have in the past, they stand a good chance to win. If they try to air it out constantly they're going to lose. Julio Jones is a monster and will get his, but I think Denver pulls it out. Atlanta lost it's one quality secondary player for the season and Thomas is an awful matchup for Asante Samuel. Samuel can't rely on his blazing speed anymore and he's not going to be able to bump'n-run every play.

slim
09-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Hi King.

Boomer Esiason sucks.

rationalfan
09-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Won't be the first time Jones and Gonzalez get catches and won't be the last. It's gonna happen folks - it's more of a matter of can we keep them to 3 points and not 7.

word. sometimes i'm reading these boards and think "there is a portion of these fans that expects perfection from the defense (especially the secondary), anything less is a complete disaster."

CrazyHorse
09-10-2012, 02:59 PM
I wonder if we'll see a lot of nickel and have Harris or Bolden try to cover Gonzo. Dare them to run on us.

Canmore
09-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Defense schmefense.

It was 20-17 Atlanta at halftime and then the Chiefs self destructed. Atlanta's defense gave up a lot in the first half but stiffened in the second half. We should be able to get our points. How many we give up is the question.

Poet
09-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Hi King.

Boomer Esiason sucks.

I've said that for years, moron.

CoachChaz
09-10-2012, 03:09 PM
The Falcons offensive line is not built to throw the ball and that's how they're starting to play. Turner is still a good back and if the Falcons run an offense like they have in the past, they stand a good chance to win. If they try to air it out constantly they're going to lose. Julio Jones is a monster and will get his, but I think Denver pulls it out. Atlanta lost it's one quality secondary player for the season and Thomas is an awful matchup for Asante Samuel. Samuel can't rely on his blazing speed anymore and he's not going to be able to bump'n-run every play.

Samuel wont be able to be as physical with DT, but Dunta Robinson is no slouch either.

Poet
09-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Didn't he lose his spot to Samuel? I thought Robinson was considered to be a pretty poor FA signing that blew up in their face? I may have him confused with someone.

CoachChaz
09-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Didn't he lose his spot to Samuel? I thought Robinson was considered to be a pretty poor FA signing that blew up in their face? I may have him confused with someone.

As far as I know, Samuel was the nickel back and Robinson and Grimes were the starters. Could have changed recently

rjent
09-10-2012, 03:32 PM
I watched the Atlanta game, and my assessment (if anybody cares :lol:) is that Ryan can't carry Burgerbois jock strap. If Del Rio, "releases the hounds" like he did against Pitt during their last series, Ryan will fold like a lawn chair. I also predict that we will score at will.

I hope I am right ..... :coffee:

BroncoNut
09-12-2012, 09:48 AM
I watched the Atlanta game, and my assessment (if anybody cares :lol:) is that Ryan can't carry Burgerbois jock strap. If Del Rio, "releases the hounds" like he did against Pitt during their last series, Ryan will fold like a lawn chair. I also predict that we will score at will.

I hope I am right ..... :coffee:

I hope you are too.

Chef Zambini
09-12-2012, 10:11 AM
All I can say is they better find a solution for TE coverage and FAST!I said this last year as we exited the play-offs !
I watched how NE utilized TE, a tandem, to beat teams designed to stop the pass !
I envisioned a 2 TE formation that allowed a team to hurry up and run and pass from the 2 TE formation. WE will be doing it to othet tesams and other teams will certainly be doing it to us !
I sniveled the entire OFF season about our need to improve in the middle, LB and SAFETY to stop the threat of the run and cover the TE.
many of you told me to shut the F up, some of you, a select handful, will continue to tell me to shut the F up, but guess what?
that didnt make our deficiencies go away!
shoot the messenger, the message remains the same.
well at least its nice to see that some of you have NOW acknowledged the reality,
misery loves company.

Go Broncos, if you cant stop em,
outscore em !

BroncoNut
09-12-2012, 10:34 AM
if we can't keep the falcons out of the endzone on every play, we are in for a long day

Nomad
09-12-2012, 06:59 PM
if we can't keep the falcons out of the endzone on every play, we are in for a long day

Well, aren't you the Phil Simms of Broncoforums......always stating the obvious:D.

iLands
09-13-2012, 04:34 AM
Atlanta is a paper tiger and we are the flame.

sneakers
09-13-2012, 04:57 AM
Anyone know if Manning plays pretty well in domes?

:lol:

ATLbroNCO
09-13-2012, 08:20 AM
Peyton will be comfortable on the artificial turf, but I expect we will try to establish the run game a whole lot more. If we can run PA and freeze the safeties, expect DT to have another long one this week. The one time we really broke it open with the bubble screen last week was off of a quick PA. Expect Peyton and Co. to utilize this a whole lot more.

Thnikkaman
09-13-2012, 08:56 AM

I thought we were a Scissors Lizard.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=5698&type=card

OrangeHoof
09-13-2012, 09:43 AM
What's going to be the x factor is Manning's ability to audible at the line. That's a dimension we really haven't seen in Denver for awhile. Manning knows how to read the keys and change the play at the line.

Cugel
09-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Defense schmefense.

The problem is that Atlanta put up 40 on the road against a reasonably good Chiefs defense (their weakness is that they have Matt Cassel for QB). Atlanta's offense is revamped and going on all cylinders. Matt Ryan has a bunch of dangerous weapons.

Perhaps the Chiefs defense is not as good as people gave them credit for being, but they don't totally suck either.

Last season despite various injuries, they were 11th overall and 6th against the pass (which is Atlanta's strength). They tried to strengthen their defense in the off-season too, but the Falcons just destroyed them at home in a game they had weeks to prepare for.

This is the Falcon's home opener and they will be sky high. They have always been a much better home team than road team the last few years.

2011: 10-6 -- Home: 6-2 Road: 4-4
2010: 13-3 -- Home: 7-1 Road: 6-2
2009: 9-7 -- Home: 6-2 Road: 3-5
2008: 11-5 -- Home: 7-1 Road: 4-4

They've lost only 6 home games in the last 4 years.

The Broncos are NOT going to be favored to win this game, simply because it's an east coast late night game, their home opener, a Monday Night game where their fans are going to be on fire. Their team is going to be sky high. To have any chance Denver is going to have to learn how to cover good TEs a lot better than they have so far this season.

Vernon Davis and Heath Miller have hurt them badly. That's because they keep trying to cover these All-Pro caliber TEs with a LB (Woodyard or Von Miller) and you can't do that. Woodyard and Miller are quick, but really big, fast TEs present unique matchup problems.

Remember when they put Champ Bailey on Tony Gonzalez? They should do it again. But this leaves your #3 CB on their #2 WR and that's not good.

Atlanta is a tough playoff team that won 10 games last year and 13 the year before that. Their offense is good, their defense is good and they are playing great football right now.

Don't kid yourself that the Broncos are just going to walk into their stadium and come away with a win because you don't know anything about the Falcons.

It's going to take some lucky turnover, or a couple more key defensive plays like the Tracy Porter INT for Denver to win this one.

Thnikkaman
09-13-2012, 12:23 PM
One game has been played.

Small Sample Size.

Chef Zambini
09-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Peyton will be comfortable on the artificial turf, but I expect we will try to establish the run game a whole lot more. If we can run PA and freeze the safeties, expect DT to have another long one this week. The one time we really broke it open with the bubble screen last week was off of a quick PA. Expect Peyton and Co. to utilize this a whole lot more.well yeh, especially when DT cant run a consistent route or be counted on to read a defense and run the RIGHT route given the read !
so bubble scfreens are his destiny until he can prove he can be relied on, like a stokely to always do whats right.!
I dont see more than 5 targets for DT, whereas, the TEs and stokely will get 25 between them !

Chef Zambini
09-13-2012, 12:35 PM
our RBs saw very little pass targets, I dont know if that was a consequence of palomalo or something that will trend as the season progresses.
I saw enuff of it in the PS to think that it would be featured, but if KM continues his dismal blocking, he wont be on the field, and ball and mcgehee will carry the load and do the blocking !

Cugel
09-13-2012, 12:37 PM
One game has been played.

Small Sample Size.

This isn't a statistical analysis! You can judge whether a defense is good or bad by looking at their SEASON stats for the latest season, look at what moves, trades, retirements, coaching changes have happened in the off-season. But, you can't tell much STATISTICALLY off of one game.

What you CAN do is notice that the Chiefs had a pretty good defense last year and they were just utterly crushed by the Falcons at home.

What you CAN do is notice that the Falcons seldom lose at home and this is their home opener.

What you CAN do is notice that their team is playing exceptionally well on the road and are a much better home team, which suggests they will be extremely tough to beat at home this year.

Even in years when they struggle (9-7 was their worst year of the last 4), it's because they go 4-4 or 3-5 on the road. They still get 6 or 7 wins at home every year.

If they're only going to lose 1 or 2 home games all year, it's going to be tough for the Broncos to be that one game!

That's all. This is an UPHILL fight all the way, and while the Broncos certainly have a chance with Peyton Manning, that's not the way to bet the farm.

Cugel
09-13-2012, 12:41 PM
our RBs saw very little pass targets, I dont know if that was a consequence of palomalo or something that will trend as the season progresses.
I saw enuff of it in the PS to think that it would be featured, but if KM continues his dismal blocking, he wont be on the field, and ball and mcgehee will carry the load and do the blocking !

ON passing plays they kept the RBs in to block a lot. Moreno whiffed badly on one blitz (he ducked his head and the DL ripped past him) and Manning got sacked. Other than that the RBs did OK in blocking which is nice to see.

The only other time Manning got sacked he just called the wrong protection scheme. He called protect right, and the extra blitzer came from the left. Moreno had to decide which of two defenders to block and picked the nearest one. The other one came free and sacked Manning, but that wasn't Moreno's fault. You can't expect him to block TWO DL at the same time.

Chef Zambini
09-13-2012, 12:42 PM
The problem is that Atlanta put up 40 on the road against a reasonably good Chiefs defense (their weakness is that they have Matt Cassel for QB). Atlanta's offense is revamped and going on all cylinders. Matt Ryan has a bunch of dangerous weapons.

Perhaps the Chiefs defense is not as good as people gave them credit for being, but they don't totally suck either.

Last season despite various injuries, they were 11th overall and 6th against the pass (which is Atlanta's strength). They tried to strengthen their defense in the off-season too, but the Falcons just destroyed them at home in a game they had weeks to prepare for.

This is the Falcon's home opener and they will be sky high. They have always been a much better home team than road team the last few years.

2011: 10-6 -- Home: 6-2 Road: 4-4
2010: 13-3 -- Home: 7-1 Road: 6-2
2009: 9-7 -- Home: 6-2 Road: 3-5
2008: 11-5 -- Home: 7-1 Road: 4-4

They've lost only 6 home games in the last 4 years.

The Broncos are NOT going to be favored to win this game, simply because it's an east coast late night game, their home opener, a Monday Night game where their fans are going to be on fire. Their team is going to be sky high. To have any chance Denver is going to have to learn how to cover good TEs a lot better than they have so far this season.

Vernon Davis and Heath Miller have hurt them badly. That's because they keep trying to cover these All-Pro caliber TEs with a LB (Woodyard or Von Miller) and you can't do that. Woodyard and Miller are quick, but really big, fast TEs present unique matchup problems.

Remember when they put Champ Bailey on Tony Gonzalez? They should do it again. But this leaves your #3 CB on their #2 WR and that's not good.

Atlanta is a tough playoff team that won 10 games last year and 13 the year before that. Their offense is good, their defense is good and they are playing great football right now.

Don't kid yourself that the Broncos are just going to walk into their stadium and come away with a win because you don't know anything about the Falcons.

It's going to take some lucky turnover, or a couple more key defensive plays like the Tracy Porter INT for Denver to win this one.
you make some good points, others, not so much.
FTR, our broncos have owned the falcons the last 5 times they played them...IN ATL !
but I dont give to much weught to history, those games are OVER ! monday night is brand new!
ATL has a POTENT passing attack and a quality back to give them balance!
their D takes chances, something a brilliant QB like PM can exploit !
check out those 6 home losses, i think the broncos own 4 of them !
anyway, histrionics aside, this is going to be a shoot-out, bet the over !
37-34 broncos !

Mike
09-13-2012, 12:43 PM
This isn't a statistical analysis! You can judge whether a defense is good or bad by looking at their SEASON stats for the latest season, look at what moves, trades, retirements, coaching changes have happened in the off-season. But, you can't tell much STATISTICALLY off of one game.

What you CAN do is notice that the Chiefs had a pretty good defense last year and they were just utterly crushed by the Falcons at home.

What you CAN do is notice that the Falcons seldom lose at home and this is their home opener.

What you CAN do is notice that their team is playing exceptionally well on the road and are a much better home team, which suggests they will be extremely tough to beat at home this year.

Even in years when they struggle (9-7 was their worst year of the last 4), it's because they go 4-4 or 3-5 on the road. They still get 6 or 7 wins at home every year.

If they're only going to lose 1 or 2 home games all year, it's going to be tough for the Broncos to be that one game!

That's all. This is an UPHILL fight all the way, and while the Broncos certainly have a chance with Peyton Manning, that's not the way to bet the farm.

Do you know what are the teams that Atl have beat look like? How many wins do they have vs quality opponents?

Chef Zambini
09-13-2012, 12:48 PM
This is the first meeting between these clubs since Denver's 24-20 road win Nov. 16, 2008, when then-rookie Ryan threw for 250 yards, no touchdowns and one interception.

That was one of only four losses in 30 career regular-season home games for Ryan.

Cugel
09-13-2012, 12:50 PM
you make some good points, others, not so much.
FTR, our broncos have owned the falcons the last 5 times they played them...IN ATL !
but I dont give to much weught to history, those games are OVER ! monday night is brand new!
ATL has a POTENT passing attack and a quality back to give them balance!
their D takes chances, something a brilliant QB like PM can exploit !
check out those 6 home losses, i think the broncos own 4 of them !
anyway, histrionics aside, this is going to be a shoot-out, bet the over !
37-34 broncos !

The Broncos haven't played the Falcons since 2008, so that record is completely irrelevant. How many players or coaches are left from 2008? On either team? '

What I cited was the Falcons' home record for the last 4 seasons, which is about all you can say.

They're tough at home. THIS YEAR. And in RECENT years they seldom lose at home. What the Broncos might have done to the Falcons back in the Mike Shanahan/Jay Cutler era when the Falcons had Michael Vick and an option offense with TE Algie Crumpler as their leading receiver is flat irrelevant. :coffee:

Thnikkaman
09-13-2012, 12:50 PM

Did I say the Broncos are going to run the table and win the Super Bowl? Slow your roll son.

These two things are factual:

You CAN'T tell me how an NFL team is going to do after week 1 of the regular season.
The games are played on the field and not on paper.

You can say all you want about any team in the NFL, that's not going to influence how they play on the field. If you think you are an expert analyst, go set up one of those "NFL Experts Pick Hotline" numbers and start raking in the dough. What the hell are you doing with your "expert" opinion on a fan message board?

Chef Zambini
09-13-2012, 12:51 PM
will manning be able to work his LOS magic in a loud hostile environment?
look for stokely to have a good game! those 2 can communicate without the need for verbal ques !
we are going to see more hand gestures than an italian debate marathon !

Cugel
09-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Do you know what are the teams that Atl have beat look like? How many wins do they have vs quality opponents?

They're tough to beat at home. But, it's not impossible. The Packers beat them last year on the way to their 15-1 record. Their only other home loss was to the 13-3 Saints.

Are the 2012 Broncos going to be as good as the 2011 Saints or Packers and win 13 or 15 games? Maybe. I don't think they're that good, just 2 seasons removed from the Hindenburg disaster that was the McMoron era. But, it's POSSIBLE. Anything is POSSIBLE at this point, including the Miami Dolphins finishing the season at 15-1.

How many wins have the Broncos had against "quality opponents" the last 2 years, on their way to 8-8 against a last place schedule? And why would that be relevant? This is a new season.

We can't know for sure whether the Broncos had a fluke great game in their home opener and are going to tank or whether the same is true of the Falcons.

All you can do is go by what it looks like right now, and make reasonable inferences based on the past. And that suggests that the Falcons are likely to win unless Denver has a really great game and gets a couple of lucky/big plays on defense like the Terry Porter pick.

Poet
09-13-2012, 01:03 PM
will manning be able to work his LOS magic in a loud hostile environment?
look for stokely to have a good game! those 2 can communicate without the need for verbal ques !
we are going to see more hand gestures than an italian debate marathon !

He's done it his entire career.

Chef Zambini
09-13-2012, 01:07 PM
cugel, love you dude but the HINDENBURG is a bad example.
yes it was a haunting disaster caught on film, but the CAUSE is still subject to speculation!

our DISASTER has one single perpiTRAITOR, that worthless scumbag of a HC, that poor excuse for a leader, that mickey mouse grade school mentality, self inflated egocentric moron, JMCD !

Chef Zambini
09-13-2012, 01:09 PM
He's done it his entire career.
He has!
what about his NEW teammates?

Cugel
09-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Did I say the Broncos are going to run the table and win the Super Bowl? Slow your roll son.

These two things are factual:

You CAN'T tell me how an NFL team is going to do after week 1 of the regular season.
The games are played on the field and not on paper.

You can say all you want about any team in the NFL, that's not going to influence how they play on the field. If you think you are an expert analyst, go set up one of those "NFL Experts Pick Hotline" numbers and start raking in the dough. What the hell are you doing with your "expert" opinion on a fan message board?

"Pick-em" is a sucker's game because who wins is subject to such flukes from week to week. I've done pretty well against the point-spread over the years, but you better not bet the farm against Vegas there either.

That guy setting the line might just know somebody who knows an assistant trainer he went to college with who can tell him that the star QB you are counting on to have a big game has a shoulder injury that's a lot worse than the team is letting on, and while he's listed as "probable" he can't really raise his arm above his shoulder.

People can lose a lot of money betting. Stay away from it and never gamble more than you can afford to lose!

Chef Zambini
09-13-2012, 01:13 PM
The Broncos haven't played the Falcons since 2008, so that record is completely irrelevant. How many players or coaches are left from 2008? On either team? '

What I cited was the Falcons' home record for the last 4 seasons, which is about all you can say.

They're tough at home. THIS YEAR. And in RECENT years they seldom lose at home. What the Broncos might have done to the Falcons back in the Mike Shanahan/Jay Cutler era when the Falcons had Michael Vick and an option offense with TE Algie Crumpler as their leading receiver is flat irrelevant. :coffee:
as I said, good friend, the histrionics dont mean much.
and I posted the 411 on their last game in 2008 without being prompted by your defensive posture.
My coffee is great BTW, I buy organic and grind and brew it fresh every day with distilled water.

Chef Zambini
09-13-2012, 01:18 PM
"Pick-em" is a sucker's game because who wins is subject to such flukes from week to week. I've done pretty well against the point-spread over the years, but you better not bet the farm against Vegas there either.

That guy setting the line might just know somebody who knows an assistant trainer he went to college with who can tell him that the star QB you are counting on to have a big game has a shoulder injury that's a lot worse than the team is letting on, and while he's listed as "probable" he can't really raise his arm above his shoulder.

People can lose a lot of money betting. Stay away from it and never gamble more than you can afford to lose!
speaking of irrelevant history, I think those baby seals are all grown up now and have either moved on from the DISCO scene or are now hanging in some worthless human beings closet.
maybe you can move your campaign on poor punctuation to a more common foe here at our forum?

resign
versus
re-sign,

a simple hyphen makes such a huge difference!

"never mind the G-spot, find your HYPHEN"

great advice on gambling, BTW, and yet so many do bet the farm, thats how they get all that produce for those casinos and resorts !

Cugel
09-13-2012, 01:20 PM
cugel, love you dude but the HINDENBURG is a bad example.
yes it was a haunting disaster caught on film, but the CAUSE is still subject to speculation!

our DISASTER has one single perpiTRAITOR, that worthless scumbag of a HC, that poor excuse for a leader, that mickey mouse grade school mentality, self inflated egocentric moron, JMCD !

"First of all, this team under Josh McDaniels isn't sinking like the Titanic! That's a terrible analogy. If anything this team is soaring! Like the mighty Hindenburg!" -- with apologies to Steven Colbert.

(Actually recent expert analysis has confirmed what German scientists discovered shortly after the Hindenburg crash (but suppressed at Hitler's orders), that the Hindenburg caught on fire due to static electricity discharge from a storm igniting the Hydrogen cells).

Hiring Josh McDaniels was just like holding an open flame in the hydrogen.

Chef Zambini
09-13-2012, 01:24 PM
(Actually recent expert analysis has confirmed what German scientists discovered shortly after the Hindenburg crash (but suppressed at Hitler's orders), that the Hindenburg caught on fire due to static electricity discharge from a storm igniting the Hydrogen cells).

Hiring Josh McDaniels was just like holding an open flame in the hydrogen.
can you prove tha?
is there a hitler video on the subject?
and did you get SNEAKERS permission to bring in steven colbert on this one?
I always like to imagine that SNEAKERS really is colbert, please dont spoil it for me by introducing facts.

Chef Zambini
09-13-2012, 01:29 PM
I cant wait for MNF and the pyrotechniques!
exploding hindinbergs and all !

jhns
09-13-2012, 01:57 PM
This will be an easy win. A small bump in the road to Elways third SB.

Ravage!!!
09-13-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm pretty sure they have proved, not many years ago, that the coating put on top of the Hindgingburg (as some kind of thinner for the sealant) was basically jet fuel.

Thnikkaman
09-13-2012, 09:50 PM

I survived 13 years in Vegas.

Chef Zambini
09-13-2012, 10:07 PM
I lived in vegas in '85. opened a restaurant there on flamingo called BOTANY.

igoe4broncos
09-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Cutler, Hillis and Co. handed Matt Ryan one of his few home losses ever a few years ago.

Peyton will get it done this time around too.

Thnikkaman
09-14-2012, 11:16 AM
I lived in vegas in '85. opened a restaurant there on flamingo called BOTANY.

How long did it stay open?

I moved there in '89' (I think), and moved away in 2003. (lived a year in Phoenix somewhere in there)

Ravage!!!
09-14-2012, 12:05 PM
How long did it stay open?

I moved there in '89' (I think), and moved away in 2003. (lived a year in Phoenix somewhere in there)

Not long, people kept thinking it was an arboretum

Chef Zambini
09-14-2012, 12:56 PM
it had about a 5 year run, the original owners sold to a restauranteur wanna be and he drove it into the ground, it has since been leveled and that entire area is unrecognizable with all new constructions, buildingd and buisnesses, its address was 1700 flamingo.

Thnikkaman
09-17-2012, 08:35 AM
it had about a 5 year run, the original owners sold to a restauranteur wanna be and he drove it into the ground, it has since been leveled and that entire area is unrecognizable with all new constructions, buildingd and buisnesses, its address was 1700 flamingo.

I think that area is Chinatown in Vegas now. I remember seeing a bunch of new construction with a ton of Asian themed shops and restaurants.