PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller Tonight

BroncoWave
09-10-2012, 12:42 AM
4 tackles, all for a loss, 2 sacks, 3 QB hits. Hasn't missed a beat from last season at all. If he stays healthy this year he could make a run at some records.

tomjonesrocks
09-10-2012, 08:59 AM
And he was held all night.

Doom was MIA, though.

camdisco24
09-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Praying for no Sophomore slump from him. No indication of that last night. Holy cow, such a beast.

Dzone
09-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Wish I could see the highlight reel of Vons night.

chazoe60
09-10-2012, 09:27 AM
The most impressive thing about Von last night to me was that he virtually took half the field away from the Stealers in terms of the running game. Collinsworth commented about how the Stealers have typically been a run right heavy team but that they were running left a lot more. He mistakenly thought it was because they had gained confidence in that side of their OL, but it was because in the first two series Von blew up everything the Stealers tried to run at him.

I was cracking up when Collinsworth in the third quarter or so, said Von didn't have much of an impact. :laugh: I guess taking away half of a teams running game isn't all that impactful, not to mention scaring OL into false starts a handful of times.

Von was dominant against the run and the Stealers flat out gave up trying to run to his side. We have a CB who takes away half the field in the passing game and a LB who can do the same versus the run. Damn, this is gonna be a fun season to watch. We have the potential to have the MVP(Manning) and the DPOY(Von), it would not surprise me. I know it's early and I'm not saying that's a lock, just a possibility.

BroncoNut
09-10-2012, 09:31 AM
The most impressive thing about Von last night to me was that he virtually took half the field away from the Stealers in terms of the running game. Collinsworth commented about how the Stealers have typically been a run right heavy team but that they were running left a lot more. He mistakenly thought it was because they had gained confidence in that side of their OL, but it was because in the first two series Von blew up everything the Stealers tried to run at him.

I was cracking up when Collinsworth in the third quarter or so, said Von didn't have much of an impact. :laugh: I guess taking away half of a teams running game isn't all that impactful, not to mention scaring OL into false starts a handful of times.

Von was dominant against the run and the Stealers flat out gave up trying to run to his side. We have a CB who takes away half the field in the passing game and a LB who can do the same versus the run. Damn, this is gonna be a fun season to watch. We have the potential to have the MVP(Manning) and the DPOY(Von), it would not surprise me. I know it's early and I'm not saying that's a lock, just a possibility.

I've found that Collingsworth irritates me in general.

Fullback32
09-10-2012, 09:38 AM

Doom was MIA, though.

In addition to the holds, he was being double-teamed most of the night.

rationalfan
09-10-2012, 01:32 PM

Doom was MIA, though.

seems like doom's a streaky pass rusher. he'll get a bunch of sacks in a two-three game run than go two-three games without one. not sure if that's a reflection of the talent he's lining up against or his style. seems like he's more consistent at getting pressure than getting sacks. could be his size. i'm not really sure.

Davii
09-10-2012, 02:11 PM

Doom was MIA, though.

It looked to me like Dumervil was held one hell of a lot last night too. I did see Dumervil swallow up a run play or two.

Poet
09-10-2012, 02:12 PM
I thought I saw Doom get a couple of hurries on Roethlisberger, but I was watching the game half-assedly at that point.

BroncoJoe
09-10-2012, 02:27 PM
1st or 2nd string - the Steelers still have a damn good OL. Those dudes are big, strong and quick.

claymore
09-10-2012, 02:36 PM
So proud of Von, and the whole defense in general. It seemed like we had a run defense.

BroncoNut
09-10-2012, 03:43 PM
I thought I saw Doom get a couple of hurries on Roethlisberger, but I was watching the game half-assedly at that point.

pass protection for rothlesberger last night was pretty damn good when it mattered. He's got great receivers too. . just a thought the came to mind

Poet
09-10-2012, 04:08 PM
pass protection for rothlesberger last night was pretty damn good when it mattered. He's got great receivers too. . just a thought the came to mind

He didn't look comfortable in the second half. IDK, you're an idiot anyway! Die!

MOtorboat
09-10-2012, 06:57 PM
seems like doom's a streaky pass rusher. he'll get a bunch of sacks in a two-three game run than go two-three games without one. not sure if that's a reflection of the talent he's lining up against or his style. seems like he's more consistent at getting pressure than getting sacks. could be his size. i'm not really sure.

Interesting thought. Hadn't ever thought about this for Dumervil.

Found that in his first two seasons, when he played in 15 games, he only had one game without a sack. He struggled in 2008, in that weird year where Shanahan was switching up the defensive scheme each week.

In his best year, 2009, this is somewhat true. He had 17 sacks, but had seven games without a sack.

Last year, coming back from that injury, he was MIA, sack wise, until week 8, and then went on a tear. 9.5 sacks in eight games.

EMB6903
09-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Von and JPP are the 2 best defensive players in the league right now.

chazoe60
09-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Von and JPP are the 2 best defensive players in the league right now.

DeMarcus Ware might have something to say about that.

Jsteve01
09-10-2012, 11:10 PM
lol yeah Demarcus would like to see consistent output from these youngsters for 7 to 8 years before you crown them.

Poet
09-11-2012, 01:05 AM
Jared Allen averaging like 16 sacks a season for the least four seasons would like a word with you as well.

EMB6903
09-11-2012, 10:17 AM
lol yeah Demarcus would like to see consistent output from these youngsters for 7 to 8 years before you crown them.

Ware is a monster and definitely could be argued.

I'm not going to discredit a player over the fact that they haven't done it long enough.

As of right now I don't think there is any defensive player In the league more dominant than those 2 right now.

DenBronx
09-11-2012, 04:36 PM
If Von continues this level of play then he wants to see you all, Demarcus Ware, Jared Allen and JPP in his office in about 7 years.

Poet
09-11-2012, 05:35 PM
He is a rookie plus one game. DeMarcus Ware just hit 100 sacks in incredible speed and Allen is a first ballot hall of famer and JPP is every bit as good as he is or at least comparable. I get the excitement, but he's not Lawrence Taylor yet.

Thnikkaman
09-11-2012, 06:51 PM
He is a rookie plus one game. DeMarcus Ware just hit 100 sacks in incredible speed and Allen is a first ballot hall of famer and JPP is every bit as good as he is or at least comparable. I get the excitement, but he's not Lawrence Taylor yet.

McRibs well give you dimentia

Poet
09-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Dementia.

chazoe60
09-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Diarrhea.

Poet
09-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Salads.

Davii
09-11-2012, 09:45 PM

Glad you said YET....

Poet
09-11-2012, 09:56 PM
He could be special in the all time sense. He could be a hall of famer, or he could start off hot and cool down a bit, I remember when everyone thought Dwight freeney was going to break the all time sack record. John Abraham started off on a tear and cooled off to injuries.

I think he's a stud and can be amazing but let him have a second year before we put him in Wares category.