PDA

View Full Version : Mike Klis: Broncos willing to wait for QB Brock Osweiler to develop

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2012, 10:06 AM
If all goes well for the Broncos, Brock Osweiler will finally get his redshirt year.

"I've never had one of those," an amused Osweiler said Friday.

Had it worked out like it has for so many other quarterbacks who reach the NFL, Osweiler would have just started his redshirt junior season at Arizona State. He wouldn't have entered the NFL draft until 2014.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21499684/mike-klis-broncos-willing-wait-qb-brock-osweiler

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2012, 10:08 AM
from article:

"He's got all the tools," said Champ Bailey, the Broncos' 11-time Pro Bowl cornerback. "I've always said quarterback is the toughest position, because of the decision making and learning how to throw into a small window. That's where he's got to grow, just like every other young quarterback. But you look at him when he sets up and throws the ball? He's as good as anybody."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21499684/mike-klis-broncos-willing-wait-qb-brock-osweiler

Superchop 7
09-09-2012, 11:10 AM
He has some skills....I just hope he doesn't try the Tebow method in the offseasen.....home schooling doesn't work in the NFL. Get your tail to IMG.

Nomad
09-09-2012, 11:16 AM
I hope he succeeds, but what's the BRONCOS FO definition and timeline of "wait".

Davii
09-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Until

A) Manning says "I truly have enjoyed being your qb."

Or

B) Manning gets injured

How long they wait on Brock is completely a function that depends entirely on Manning. Ask Aaron Rodgers if it's a good idea.

Nomad
09-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Until

A) Manning says "I truly have enjoyed being your qb."

Or

B) Manning gets injured

How long they wait on Brock is completely a function that depends entirely on Manning. Ask Aaron Rodgers if it's a good idea.

You're stating the obvious.

Rodgers sat 3 yrs behind a great QB but he was also a lot better than Osweiler even when coming into the league and played great when starting after Farve left.

I guess my question should of been the timeline after Manning is gone. Perhaps it's a question that can't be answered and we'll have to wait and see.

Simple Jaded
09-09-2012, 03:01 PM
He has some skills....I just hope he doesn't try the Tebow method in the offseasen.....home schooling doesn't work in the NFL. Get your tail to IMG.
Tebow has seen every QB guru in the biz, it's not from a lack of trying.......

Simple Jaded
09-09-2012, 03:06 PM
You're stating the obvious.

Rodgers sat 3 yrs behind a great QB but he was also a lot better than Osweiler even when coming into the league and played great when starting after Farve left.

I guess my question should of been the timeline after Manning is gone. Perhaps it's a question that can't be answered and we'll have to wait and see.
You mean how long do they give him once he takes over as a starter? No offense but this is only slightly less pointless as asking how long the Broncos give Knile Davis as a starter. At this point there's a chance that neither becomes Denver's starter.......

Nomad
09-09-2012, 03:14 PM
You mean how long do they give him once he takes over as a starter? No offense but this is only slightly less pointless as asking how long the Broncos give Knile Davis as a starter. At this point there's a chance that neither becomes Denver's starter.......

It's called conversation. I would say 6 yrs (3 learning and 3 experience) is plenty of time for this kid to get it and become FQB. No one has to speak in absolutes.

Simple Jaded
09-09-2012, 04:39 PM
It's called conversation. I would say 6 yrs (3 learning and 3 experience) is plenty of time for this kid to get it and become FQB. No one has to speak in absolutes.

How soon after Osweiler becomes starter do they start looking to replace him? Let's start scouting high school sophomores now.......