PDA

View Full Version : Who wins? Broncos or Lions?

RunYouOver
10-31-2007, 09:51 PM
Nobody correctly picked the 5-9 Packers win category last week.

This week, the Broncos are on the road against the Lions.

Who wins?

Week 8 correct picks: none
Week 7 Winners:
2- Minute Warning, Denver Native (Carol), NameUsedBefore

Week 6: Bye

Week 5 Jrwiz, The Dark Knight

Week 4 Correct Picks: BaileyTheBest, BANJOPICKER1, BroncoManiac_69, Dream, lex, Link, Medford Bronco, Nomad B, sanluis, Slick7, The Dark Knight, TheWookieeBronco, Watchthemiddle

Week 3 Correct Picks: None

Week 2 Correct Picks: Broncosinindy

Week 1 Correct Picks: broncosinindy, dogfish, Nomad B, Slick7

SBboundBRONCOS
10-31-2007, 09:53 PM
sadly i will pick the lions

unless we somehow score 30 points i dont see us winning against a very powerful offense and an avg D:tsk:

Broncos Mtnman
10-31-2007, 11:23 PM
We bounce back and win by a touchdown.

:beer:

Medford Bronco
10-31-2007, 11:25 PM
Det 28 Denver 17

perception is not always reality, some will say Det sucks, in the past but this year they are pretty good and playing at home vs our sieve like defense.

SBboundBRONCOS
10-31-2007, 11:48 PM
Det 28 Denver 17

perception is not always reality, some will say Det sucks, in the past but this year they are pretty good and playing at home vs our sieve like defense.

i agree, Kitnas prediction doesnt seem so crazy now does it :confused:

oh well, the times have turned for this year, their D has not been great at stopping points and yards but they make up for it with all the Turnovers this year

that and they have 2 huge fast recievers that can probably beat both out corners if they keep havig to watch Run first, that should not be top priority for a CB. then furry could tear us apart on the inside where we have been soft all year

lex
10-31-2007, 11:53 PM
I predict Dre Bly will get abused and then talk about how he is a playmaker after the game. I predict that Kevin Jones will have a big day. Im predicting Detroit by 10. It will be close for a while but Detroit will cushion their lead late. I also predict that some lifelong fan named Tim Dunkirk will become rowdy and be ejected from the game.

sneakers
11-01-2007, 12:52 AM
Broncos 24-14.

Lonestar
11-01-2007, 01:32 AM
Nobody correctly picked the 5-9 Packers win category last week.

This week, the Broncos are on the road against the Lions.

Who wins?

Week 8 correct picks: none
Week 7 Winners:
2- Minute Warning, Denver Native (Carol), NameUsedBefore

Week 6: Bye

Week 5 Jrwiz, The Dark Knight

Week 4 Correct Picks: BaileyTheBest, BANJOPICKER1, BroncoManiac_69, Dream, lex, Link, Medford Bronco, Nomad B, sanluis, Slick7, The Dark Knight, TheWookieeBronco, Watchthemiddle

Week 3 Correct Picks: None

Week 2 Correct Picks: Broncosinindy

Week 1 Correct Picks: broncosinindy, dogfish, Nomad B, Slick7

But who was closest to the pin?

broncosfanscott
11-01-2007, 02:33 AM
I am going to say this will be a close one.

Broncos 27 Lions 24

champbronc2
11-01-2007, 04:31 PM
I personally don't believe the Lions running game is all so great.

But they will burn us in the pass because our DB's play the run since they can't trust the front 7.

With Lynch back it should help us stop the run though.

I believe our offense will be good though. We squeak this one out.

I think Kitna will make costly mistakes.

Denver-27
Detroit-21

BroncoWave
11-01-2007, 05:05 PM
I personally don't believe the Lions running game is all so great.

Have you not watched our run defense this season? Look what the last ranked rushing team just did to us. We're not good enough to stop a college team from running the ball right now.

champbronc2
11-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Have you not watched our run defense this season? Look what the last ranked rushing team just did to us. We're not good enough to stop a college team from running the ball right now.
I do realize that but in general, I don't think they will be able to rely on that run game against other teams. Their offensive line isn't as good as Green Bay's either.

I think also that we will be able to hold them a bit better than we did GB since the system is different and the gameplan will be to.

fcspikeit
11-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Sooner or later our offense has to start putting points on the board!

I say this is as good a game as any :)

Broncos 34 - 28

Lonestar
11-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Lions by 8

32-24

By more if IR does not stop growing..

Az Snake
11-02-2007, 07:28 AM
Denver 34
Detroit 20

TXBRONC
11-03-2007, 12:36 PM
28-21 Broncos.

Cugel
11-04-2007, 10:44 AM

Ironically, I just checked the football outsiders DVOA ranking system and Green Bay is NOT that bad of a rushing team!

Check out these adjusted numbers:

Offensive Team Rank: 8th in NFL
Team: GB
Offensive DVOA: 11.7%
Last Week's Rank: 10th
(So the Packers moved up 2 places by beating Denver)

WEI Average:11.4% - I have no idea what this is.

Passing Offense rating: 19.1%
Passing rank: 10

Rushing Offense Rating: -2.4%
Rushing Rank: 12th

So, the Packers pass a lot and don't run as much but they are overall a top 10 offense and when they do run they run effectively enough that they are 12th in the league. So, that's a better than average run offense.

Now, compare the Lions.

Team offense Rank: 15th Team: DET
Offensive DVOA: 0.8%
Last Week's Rank: 15th (so they are pretty stable around this mark)

WEI Average: 0.3% Rank: 16
Passing Offense Rating: 5.5%
Passing Rank: 16

Rushing Offense Rating: -6.7%
Rushing Rank: 16

So, overall, the Lions are not nearly as good offensively as the Packers. Not surprising when you have Brett Farve having a good year on one team and Jon Kitna on the other.

That doesn't mean the Broncos will win. They are on the road, but at least they aren't facing a better team this week!

Oh, and Green Bay has the 9th ranked defense, while Detroit has the 22nd ranked defense.

Green Bay's run defense is ranked 4th in the league while their pass defense is an average 16th. Since the Broncos offense is geared at running the ball that's not a very favorable matchup and partly explains their futility on goal-line situations.

Of course, Denver is still lacking Javon Walker so that doesn't help. Missing John Lynch for the entire game today isn't great either. :shocked:

Detroit meanwhile is a worse than average 22nd in their pass-defense, while their run defense is 21st. So, despite their record, they are not playing all that great on either offense or defense.

This is a team that a GOOD Broncos team should beat handily. Since the Broncos aren't that good I'm predicting they will win by 3. Denver 21- Detroit 19.

I could be over-optimistic here of course.

The Dark Knight
11-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Ouch.

:bolt: