PDA

View Full Version : broncos 12.3 million under cap

Superchop 7
09-08-2012, 07:31 PM
I checked the numbers......because.....I do not want any excuses if the Broncos don't sign a legit number 2 QB.

SR
09-08-2012, 07:40 PM
The Broncos aren't going to sign another QB, dude. Hanie will be back Monday...they just didn't want to pay him the extra money for making the opening day 53...

You suck at football.

Simple Jaded
09-08-2012, 07:42 PM
And where do they get said legit number 2 QB? Is there a store that specializes in backup QB's, maybe an online dating service? QBMingle.com?

Btw, I wonder if Denver can roll that excess into next years cap.......

honz
09-08-2012, 07:47 PM
We've had legit #2 QB's since pretty much since Elway retired. Personally, I'm glad to have a legit #1 QB.

SR
09-08-2012, 07:54 PM
We've had legit #2 QB's since pretty much since Elway retired. Personally, I'm glad to have a legit #1 QB.

Some people just get hung up on the wrong details....like how good the backup QB is when we have the only four time MVP and one of the greatest ever starting.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2012, 08:12 PM
So exactly what does legit QB mean? How many QBs who were drafted in the first or second round have bombed?

Nomad
09-08-2012, 08:33 PM
The Broncos aren't going to sign another QB, dude. Hanie will be back Monday...they just didn't want to pay him the extra money for making the opening day 53...

You suck at football.

I'm not the most savvy at understanding the business of the NFL either.

SR
09-08-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm not the most savvy at understanding the business of the NFL either.

The Broncos cut Hanie because he was due a roster bonus of a million bucks if he was on the opening day roster. If they cut him, they don't have to pay him. More than likely they will re-sign him Monday and pay him less.

Chef Zambini
09-09-2012, 03:19 AM
if they pay hanie what he is worth...
he owes them for the official team jersey.

Chef Zambini
09-09-2012, 03:22 AM
hey should have kept webber.
the day after our second pre-season game I said hanie was a wasted roster spot!
just a speed bump to the progress of the other QBs !

sneakers
09-09-2012, 04:33 AM
LETS SIGN TERRELL OWENS, CHAD JOHNSON, AND SHAWN MERRIMAN!

Superbowl!

threefolddead
09-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Teams all over the league are doing this same move to save money. It happens year after year. But I did hear Jake the Snakes in town....

NightTrainLayne
09-09-2012, 08:37 AM
The Broncos cut Hanie because he was due a roster bonus of a million bucks if he was on the opening day roster. If they cut him, they don't have to pay him. More than likely they will re-sign him Monday and pay him less.

Hanie was due a bonus of 250k, not 1 million.

The main reason for the cut was to ensure that his salary would not become guaranteed. He will probably be resigned on Tuesday, for the same 1 million salary. The primary worry was that his contract for this season would be fully guaranteed if he was on the roster for game one.

SR
09-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Hanie was due a bonus of 250k, not 1 million.

The main reason for the cut was to ensure that his salary would not become guaranteed. He will probably be resigned on Tuesday, for the same 1 million salary. The primary worry was that his contract for this season would be fully guaranteed if he was on the roster for game one.

You are right. Got my stuff mixed up.

Simple Jaded
09-09-2012, 05:15 PM
if they pay hanie what he is worth...
he owes them for the official team jersey.lmao.

This is good stuff.......