Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2012, 05:11 PM
email received:

WEEK 1 - DENVER BRONCOS VS. PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Sunday, Sept. 9, 2012, Sports Authority Field at Mile High

DENVER BRONCOS

OUT: G CHRIS KUPER - Forearm.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

OUT: S Ryan Clark - Not Injury Related; G David DeCastro - Knee; LB Stevenson Sylvester - Knee.

DOUBTFUL: RB Rashard Mendenhall - Knee.

QUESTIONABLE: RB Baron Batch - Groin; LB James Harrison - Knee.

PROBABLE: LB Larry Foote - Ankle; DE Brett Keisel - Ankle; RB Isaac Redman - Ankle; LB Jason Worilds - Wrist;

MOtorboat
09-07-2012, 05:16 PM
That's a real shame about DeCastro. He didn't get into a preseason game before that happened, right?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2012, 05:28 PM
That's a real shame about DeCastro. He didn't get into a preseason game before that happened, right?

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Pittsburgh Steelers rookie right guard David DeCastro may be out for an extended period of time after sustaining a potentially serious right knee injury early into Pittsburgh's 38-7 preseason win over the Buffalo Bills on Saturday night.

rest - article dated August 26th - http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/id/8303295/rookie-right-guard-david-decastro-pittsburgh-steelers-hurts-knee-buffalo-bills

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Football is physical.
Football is tough.
Football is brutal on the body.

Yet, through a month of training camp and four preseason games, the Broncos are nearly unscathed. They enter Week 1 the healthiest anyone can remember in recent years. It’s not only a sign of a strong team, but of a well managed preseason by Coach John Fox and crew to ensure players were getting the rest they needed.

Heading into their Sunday Night Football battle against the substantially physical Steelers, the Broncos have only one injury to report.

rest - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/09/08/denver-broncos-incredibly-healthy-pittsburgh-steelers-already-banged-up/

nevcraw
09-08-2012, 04:26 PM
like the new strength and conditioning coach.. no jinx here but nice to see the team almost a full strength to open the season.

Canmore
09-08-2012, 05:25 PM
like the new strength and conditioning coach.. no jinx here but nice to see the team almost a full strength to open the season.

The team is as healthy as at any time I can remember in the not to distant past, to start the season. Don't know if it is the new strength and conditioning coach or a number of factors but I am pleased. Now we need to stay healthy.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2012, 05:58 PM
The team is as healthy as at any time I can remember in the not to distant past, to start the season. Don't know if it is the new strength and conditioning coach or a number of factors but I am pleased. Now we need to stay healthy.

Also, possibly the new CBA in regards to practicing, etc.