PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Tablet

NightTerror218
09-07-2012, 02:58 PM
I am wanting to get a tablet. I am not sure what to go with. I do not own a single Apple product....start off with that tidbit. However not going to say no to Ipad. There is also the Samsung Tablets, Kindle Fire and Microsoft Surface.

I am not looking for one that can be connected to a 4g network only wi-fi. I know there some savvy comp/nerds out there and looking for opinions. I want something that has long battery life and easy to travel with. I have a small laptop that blows chunks but good for work trips where I need word. This would mostly be used for internet/movies ect. Basically something easy for traveling with.

MasterShake
09-07-2012, 03:06 PM
I'd probably go with the Kindle Fire. Its perfect for movie watching and apps, and the wifi model is cheap. Good quality little tablet, too. As far as web browsing on it, I know it has its own browser which is probably just fine.

BroncoJoe
09-07-2012, 03:07 PM
I have a LePan, which has far exceeded my expectations.

Ravage!!!
09-07-2012, 03:12 PM
I bough my mom a Kindle Fire, and am SUPER impressed with it... at the time I bought it, it was 199. Now its dropped to 149, and for what you get, you can't beat it. GREAT HD screen...perfect for watching movies, TV.. browsing the net. I spent 400+ on my IPad, and don't think I have anything over the FIRE.

MasterShake
09-07-2012, 03:25 PM
I bough my mom a Kindle Fire, and am SUPER impressed with it... at the time I bought it, it was 199. Now its dropped to 149, and for what you get, you can't beat it. GREAT HD screen...perfect for watching movies, TV.. browsing the net. I spent 400+ on my IPad, and don't think I have anything over the FIRE.

Thats about what everyone I know says about it if they own one. If I ever get a tablet, I definitely lean towards those.

BroncoJoe
09-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Only drawback to the Fire is you're limited on the apps it will run. Really limited, in fact. If you go with a true android tablet, you'll have access to all Google play apps.

BroncoJoe
09-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Side Note: You can root the Fire, but that voids the warranty... My wife has a Fire - it's pretty cool, but even apps like words with friends isn't available as a download. I had to download with my LePan, save it to the computer and load it manually on the Fire. Not terrible, but every time there is an update, you have to rinse and repeat.

NightTerror218
09-07-2012, 04:07 PM
what apps does the Fire have?

What about the SURFACE?

MasterShake
09-07-2012, 04:10 PM
what apps does the Fire have?

What about the SURFACE?

From what I understand most of the major apps (Netflix, HBOGO, etc.) are cross platform. Other than that you are at the mercy of the OS and contracts they have. If you really want apps I think the iPad is tops followed by Android. There is always a similar version of every app on different platforms in my experience.

Tned
09-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Only drawback to the Fire is you're limited on the apps it will run. Really limited, in fact. If you go with a true android tablet, you'll have access to all Google play apps.

Other than he free books and stuff if you have Amazon prime, I would go with the Nexus 7 over the fire (I have both), because the Fire runs a very restricted version of Android, and a lot of apps don't run on it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Forum Runner

Ravage!!!
09-07-2012, 04:16 PM
There will eventually be much more apps for any Android then the IPad....simply because the android is open source. There are much more android phones being sold than the Iphone, and many more android pads being sold than the Ipad.... simply because there are many more models for the android. So what that means, is those that are wanting to sell their apps, and get it out to as many people as possible.... are not going to avoid making an android version. It would be stupid to avoid the largest market. So going with an Android will give you access to as many apss as you want, and probably any app that you want.

Ravage!!!
09-07-2012, 04:17 PM

This is a good point and one I didn't have knowledge of, because I got the pad for my mom, and don't use it for myself. :beer:

MasterShake
09-07-2012, 04:22 PM
There will eventually be much more apps for any Android then the IPad....simply because the android is open source. There are much more android phones being sold than the Iphone, and many more android pads being sold than the Ipad.... simply because there are many more models for the android. So what that means, is those that are wanting to sell their apps, and get it out to as many people as possible.... are not going to avoid making an android version. It would be stupid to avoid the largest market. So going with an Android will give you access to as many apss as you want, and probably any app that you want.

I wonder (I'm sure you can) jailbreak the iPad like the phone. That gives you nearly limitless apps. Those developers make great ones, too. I love my Nintendo Emulator!

NightTerror218
09-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Any downsides to the Nexus 7? Sounds like only drawback to Fire is the app accessibility.

Tned
09-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Any downsides to the Nexus 7? Sounds like only drawback to Fire is the app accessibility.

No 3g, no camera. There are a few apps that hasn't been updated to work with Android 4.1, the latest version of Android, which the Nexus runs.

Other than that, it's thinner and nicer than the original Fire. Not sure how it compares to the new one.

BroncoJoe
09-07-2012, 05:08 PM
With mine and it's 9.7" screen, it's still reasonably light-weight and I absolutely love the larger screen for watching movies or even surfing the web. Definitely don't need to go to the mobile sites. I have the original LePan and I hear version II is even better, with a more up to date version of Android.

Davii
09-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Love my Nexus 7. My wife has the kindle fire and the nexus is certainly better. It does have a camera, just a front one though for conference type apps. Great speed, nice screen, newest android, etc.

Nexus 7 is Davii approved. In fact, i'm using it now....

NightTerror218
09-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Love my Nexus 7. My wife has the kindle fire and it's certainly better. It does have a camera, just a front one though for conference type apps. Great speed, nice screen, newest android, etc.

Nexus 7 is Davii approved. In fact, i'm using it now....

where can you buy a nexus 7....all I see is the tab 2. I am looking at prices of all the ones mentioned.

Davii
09-07-2012, 05:40 PM
where can you buy a nexus 7....all I see is the tab 2. I am looking at prices of all the ones mentioned.

Google play store. Play.Google.com or try Staples.

NightTerror218
09-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Google play store. Play.Google.com or try Staples.

thanks

How quickly does the memory get used up in a tablet?

gnomeflinger
09-07-2012, 05:57 PM
I have a Kindle Fire which is awesome. If a camera is important to you, then don't get a Kindle. I don't know much about the others to give a fair comparison.

BroncoJoe
09-07-2012, 06:02 PM
thanks

Apps are really small. If you're downloading movies and not streaming content, those can be fairly large. Most, if not all of the Android based systems allow for a microSD card to upgrade the memory pretty high. I can go to 32GB on mine. I doubt you'll need to worry about it filling up.

Davii
09-07-2012, 07:25 PM
thanks

It really doesn't, especially if you go with the nexus 7, kindle fire, or iPad as they all also have cloud storage. Say you bought 15 movies through the Google play store on your nexus, they would all be stored on Google's servers into, you want to make them available offline, them you download, watch, and tell it to take it off until you want it again.

NightTerror218
10-09-2012, 01:40 PM
So I am thinking the Nexus 7 will be the pick. I will find out in about 3 weeks when I am allowed to open B-Day present. It took a whole 10 mins to convince the wife why it is a good investment. last year i convinced her a shot gun was a good investment.

Tned
10-10-2012, 07:36 AM
So I am thinking the Nexus 7 will be the pick. I will find out in about 3 weeks when I am allowed to open B-Day present. It took a whole 10 mins to convince the wife why it is a good investment. last year i convinced her a shot gun was a good investment.

Don't take this the wrong way, but...

Don't try and save money by finding a slick looking image of a turkey, download it to your tablet and then hang it on a stick at the range. I know they say the gorilla glass on the tablet is tough as a gorilla, but I'm pretty sure it will end badly for one of your investments...

Sent from my Android Xoom using Forum Runner

BroncoJoe
10-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Don't take this the wrong way, but...

Don't try and save money by finding a slick looking image of a turkey, download it to your tablet and then hang it on a stick at the range. I know they say the gorilla glass on the tablet is tough as a gorilla, but I'm pretty sure it will end badly for one of your investments...

Are you drinking already? What the heck does this mean?

Tned
10-10-2012, 07:43 AM
Are you drinking already? What the heck does this mean?

It sounded better in my head. My brain works in mysterious ways.

NightTerror218
10-10-2012, 12:12 PM
It sounded better in my head. My brain works in mysterious ways.

what does that say about me....I understood what you meant.

Tned
10-10-2012, 12:53 PM
what does that say about me....I understood what you meant.

I was humoring Joe.

BroncoNut
10-10-2012, 01:21 PM
bayer, advil, excedrin, tylenol, just a few that come to mind. Most any pharmacy has them

NightTerror218
11-03-2012, 02:17 PM
So I did get the nexus 7 for my b-day. Thing is pretty sweet. What do you guys us for accessing forum? He BF app or another app or just website?

Davii
11-03-2012, 05:22 PM
So I did get the nexus 7 for my b-day. Thing is pretty sweet. What do you guys us for accessing forum? He BF app or another app or just website?

I just use chrome. I think TNed uses the BF app or forum runner.

NightTerror218
11-05-2012, 06:34 PM
I just use chrome. I think TNed uses the BF app or forum runner.

there any must have apps for the N7? Also in chrome I can not see images people post.

Davii
11-05-2012, 09:07 PM
there any must have apps for the N7? Also in chrome I can not see images people post.

Seriously? Interesting, I get the images. Try Firefox or Dolphin. Must have.... explore Google voice, open the Google now hit the mic and say Denver Broncos, weather, will it snow next week, mess around.

I use GTasks to keep all my to-do list stuff organized. Check out tablet recommendations on the market, just hit apps and staff picks.

Rick
12-08-2012, 02:59 PM
A brief review of the Microsoft Surface:

Current version only has WinRT, which means you CANNOT install legacy windows applications on it, you can ONLY install apps from the windows store. I am ok with this, remember...it is a tablet not really a laptop so smaller hard drive and power.

Not a ton of apps yet but constantly growing. There are about 17,000 apps for the WinRt version right now.

Has a USB port on it to connect devices such as a mouse or an external keyboard. You can hook up devices such as a printer as well but driver compatibility is an issue at the moment.

WIFI only, no other way to connect to a network. There are some, reference the compatibility remark above, devices you can connect for USB to Ethernet and supposedly some of the network sticks work.

Comes packaged with office home 2013. Right now preview version, upgrade is free once it is ready.

There are some things you have to do that takes you out of the metro ui mode and into desktop mode. This was a stupid feature, not exactly touch friendly as well. You must use office from desktop, they didn't create a metro app for it.

Flash with IE10 works in the metro version but only for approved sites. Most of the sites I go to are approved and work but there are some I have gone to where it does not.

Very sturdy hardware, maybe a little too much as it is a little heavy.

Right now there are a few issues with the WIFI as it sometimes just drops the connection. Supposedly they are working on this.

Sound is bad if you just use the built in speakers, head phones are great. The built in speakers just are not very loud, wifes kindle hd is much louder.

You can put in a SD card on it and store all your music / videos in there but it won't allow you to put the media on there out of the box at the moment. Have to do a couple steps to basically force the system to look for music there. Not difficult but should work out of the box.

Overall I really like it but it needs some refinement. Any questions on it just ask.

Rick
12-08-2012, 08:46 PM
A couple extra points as I notice that I mentioned quite a few of the quirks about the system but left out some of the good.

I can't stress enough the integrated Microsoft office. It doesn't have access or outlook as it is the home model but it has word, excel, power point and one note(what ever the hell that is, I've never used it). As I mentioned it would be much better if they built that as a windows store app...but at least it is there.

The metro UI is an absolute joy to work in, very fluid and can easily organize it any way you want. This is what makes it so obvious how much of an anti joy it is to work on the desktop mode and makes me feel very strongly that they should have designed the WinRT version to have no need for the desktop at all.

The windows store is very easy to navigate, probably the navigation of both the windows store and the navigating of apps in the metro UI are the nicest of any tablet I have messed with, just need give it some time for more apps.

The WinRT version has an ARM processor so it gets good battery time and also doesn't get very hot.

The biggest complaints I have seen around the internet and there are even a lot of people saying they will return it because of, is the inability to install legacy applications. I would ask...are there ANY tablets you can install legacy applications on?? And again, trust me on this, if you use it as a tablet and use it mostly with touch screen and do not use the mouse you would hate using legacy apps on this. It is just not friendly for touch in the desktop mode. The windows store apps are very fluid for touch and are MUCH nicer to use with the touch.

Just wanted to toss out these extra pieces, hope I gave a fair assessment of the tablet.

MasterShake
12-10-2012, 11:20 PM
I feel old fashioned when it comes to tablets. I'd just as soon have a smaller laptop. It just seems so backwards, everyone wants a keyboard to go with their touchscreen. Its like going to the guy who invented the door and saying, "Hey! I have a great idea! When people want to get from one room to another we can break a hole in the wall!".

If i had a tablet I'd use it for the same thing I use my smart phone for which is games, music, and movies. And hardcore por... I mean, marketing apps.

Jaws
12-18-2012, 04:26 PM

I've been seriously tempted to get a Kindle Fire.
My only concern, I've seen some people say it gets heavy to hold after a while compared to the regular Kindle.

Rick
12-23-2012, 10:00 PM
I prefer my Microsoft Surface over my wife's kindle fire hd but that is mainly due to what I use it for, which the main app I use is Xbox music, a music account I have had for years.

My wife however loves her kindle fire hd and takes it everywhere. I haven't heard her complain any about the weight.

One thing we bought for her when she got the kindle is a case that has a strap for her hand while holding it so maybe that helps.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008L1AKJ6/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i02

It is for the kindle fire hd, not the regular kindle fire, so keep that in mind.

nyuk nyuk
12-27-2012, 08:47 PM
I have a Toshiba Excite. Runs on Droid and has 16gig internal memory plus a memory expansion slot with a 32 gig card in it. Battery life is excellent.

PatriotsGuy
01-04-2013, 12:39 PM
I have a Toshiba Excite. Runs on Droid and has 16gig internal memory plus a memory expansion slot with a 32 gig card in it. Battery life is excellent.

Shut up nerd!

Davii
01-04-2013, 02:17 PM
I know this thread is about tablets, but I think I want one of the new Google Chromebooks. The 250$ Samsung one in particular. Anyone used one yet, thoughts, etc?

Ravage!!!
01-04-2013, 03:00 PM
I feel old fashioned when it comes to tablets. I'd just as soon have a smaller laptop. It just seems so backwards, everyone wants a keyboard to go with their touchscreen. Its like going to the guy who invented the door and saying, "Hey! I have a great idea! When people want to get from one room to another we can break a hole in the wall!".

If i had a tablet I'd use it for the same thing I use my smart phone for which is games, music, and movies. And hardcore por... I mean, marketing apps.

Tablets are becoming the new laptop. People don't want the old, heavy,laptop...but at the same time, trying to type ANYTHING out on a tablet with the touch screen sucks ass.

Davii
01-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Tablets are becoming the new laptop. People don't want the old, heavy,laptop...but at the same time, trying to type ANYTHING out on a tablet with the touch screen sucks ass.

Swype FTW

MileHighCrew
01-04-2013, 03:51 PM
I got the N7 and I can see the photos I had to install an app to make it happen though.

hotcarl
01-04-2013, 04:20 PM
get a ipad

Rick
01-05-2013, 06:58 PM
I know this thread is about tablets, but I think I want one of the new Google Chromebooks. The 250$ Samsung one in particular. Anyone used one yet, thoughts, etc?

Just make sure you are ok with the limitations first, here is a site that has some good explanations about it.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/google-in-the-enterprise/your-questions-answered-what-chromebooks-can-and-cant-do/106

Dapper Dan
01-14-2013, 06:01 AM
So I went with the Motorola Xoom. Has anyone messed with one? I ordered it and it should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.

BroncoWave
01-14-2013, 10:19 AM
Swype FTW

I absolutely love swype. Makes tying on a tablet incredibly easy.

nyuk nyuk
01-16-2013, 08:35 PM
I absolutely love swype. Makes tying on a tablet incredibly easy.

I have Swype on the Droid phone but my Toshiba tablet has a different type of it. Swype isn't compatible with tablets apparently, or at least mine.

nyuk nyuk
01-16-2013, 08:37 PM
get a ipad

Have a nice ban.

Dapper Dan
01-17-2013, 04:37 AM
I got my Xoom. I like it so far.

BroncoJoe
03-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Not a tablet, but has anyone tried out any of the Chromebook devices? Thinking about getting the Samsung Chromebook.

Slick
03-19-2013, 04:20 PM
I don't think you can go wrong with a Samsung, Joe. The reviews I read about the Chromebook were all favorable. My girlfriend is bringing me back a Samsung galaxy note 10.1 tablet when she gets back from California.

BroncoJoe
03-19-2013, 04:28 PM
It'll be interesting - doing EVERYTHING in the cloud. Looks like I'm in the #1 spot to win one at work. Given away tomorrow.

Sucks being in 2nd place. The winner is getting a 55" LCDTV. I'm within striking distance, but think I'll get the Chromebook.

BroncoJoe
04-11-2013, 03:05 PM
So, after a few weeks getting used to not being able to install programs, etc. I like the environment of the Chromebook. As long as you have a hotmail/msn/live account, you can get Word & Excel virtually via SkyDrive and save on a traditional PC. Most of what I do is online anyway, so so far, a very good experience. Battery life is GREAT, WiFi strong. Love Chrome browsing - it remembers my username and password even if I've never visited that site on the Chromebook itself.

Little things like the speakers stink, getting used to the touchpad and a different way to right click, scroll, etc are minor inconveniences.

Slick
04-20-2013, 03:28 PM
I got a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 a couple of weeks ago. I like it a lot. $549 with a 32 gb memory and I put a micro sd card with another 32 gb. My girlfriend got an Ipad 4 with 16gb and she loves it but the memory is almost full already. Ive been using an iphone for a while but it doesnt take long to get used to android. Jelly bean something or other. I would recommend. Estela said they are coming out with a new Note so one like mine might even be cheaper soon.

Joe, how are you liking your new tablet?

Slick
04-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Lol, nevermind. A chromebook is a laptop right?

My bad. I'm civil disobeding in my apartment today.

:bandit:

BroncoJoe
04-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Yep - a laptop, although I have the Samsung Galaxy for my phone, and a nexus 7 for a tablet as well.

FanInAZ
05-10-2020, 08:33 PM
This thread hasn’t been bumped in 7 years :shocked: In tech years, that means were now discussing the grandchildren and great-grandchildren of tech discussed prior to this post :D

The 1st 2 tablets that I purchased had 1 thing in common, they were both bargain basement models that were on the brink of being taken off the market in favor of updated versions. This may have had something to do with my dissatisfaction with both. Nevertheless, I would like to get the input of our techies to avoid a repeat of the problems that I had before.

1) Galaxy Tab 2 (2012-13): The only other tablet options then were the I-pad and the stripped-down generics. Being anti-Apple since the ‘90s, the GT2 with its Android operating system that I had become accustom with my Android smartphone, it was the only option I entertained. One of my main uses for it was to access MS Office files that I created on my Windows 7 laptop. However, what showed up on the tablet, especially in terms of the layout of my PowerPoint slides, was not exactly like I created on my laptop. I assumed that there may have been some compatibility issues between Windows and Android that cause the problems. If this problem has been worked out since, then this would no longer be a reason to not buy the latest Galaxy Tab.

2) Microsoft Surface (2015): In order to avoid the compatibility issues that I assumed I had before, I got a tablet with the Windows 8 operating system access the MS Office files that I created on my Windows 8 laptop. By the time I bought it, the Surface Pro 4 had just hit the market. Those programs worked fine, but a fringe benefit that I assumed that I would also have, the ability to play my higher quality (when compared to what’s available from the app stores) Windows games. I now have a membership with Steem.com and being able to play games that I’ve purchased there would be a decisive factor in buy the latest Surface.

I also discovered that the cheapy models lacked enough RAM & big enough HD, as did the laptop my stepdad bought me 2 Christmases ago. I just upgrade my laptop to 8GB of RAM & a 512GB SSD, 175GB are still available. If the only games that I can play on a tablet are the lower quality games available in the app stores, then why would I need any more then the 4GB RAM & 128GB HD available in the more budget friendly models? One thing for sure, if I don’t need a TB HD for my laptop, there’s no way I would need 1 for a tablet.

I had to do 2 separate Google Shopping searches because I couldn’t select both the 12-14 and over 14 inches screen size for the same search, here’s the links for the results:

12-14 inchs: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1ZKTG_enUS777US777&biw=1366&bih=584&tbm=shop&sxsrf=ALeKk01PYB2wHUMumkX0XwTOu8SqQJFEaw%3A1589159 809650&q=tablets&tbs=vw%3Al%2Cmr%3A1%2Cp_ord%3Ap%2Cpdtr0%3A724612%7 C733936!724613%2Cnew%3A1%2Cpdtr1%3A725309%7C725312 %2Ccat%3A4745%2Cpdtr2%3A1020697%7C30.4799995422363 28%2435.560001373291016%2Cinit_ar%3ASgVKAwiJJQ%3D% 3D%2Cprice%3A1%2Cppr_min%3A500%2Cppr_max%3A1500&ei=gae4XpeMJ8vL-gSp0JPYDQ&ved=0ahUKEwjX0MfP0arpAhXLpZ4KHSnoBNsQuisI5wIoBA

Over 14 inches: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1ZKTG_enUS777US777&tbm=shop&sxsrf=ALeKk0155Zsjq47MXiFhaKgT8lc3pEIssw:158915995 2199&q=tablets&tbs=vw:l,mr:1,p_ord:p,pdtr0:724612%7C733936!724613 ,new:1,pdtr1:725309%7C725312,price:1,ppr_min:500,p pr_max:1500,cat:4745,pdtr2:1020697%7C35.5600013732 91016%24,init_ar:SgVKAwiJJQ%3D%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjpMST0qrpAhXGo54KHWsNC_kQvSsIlwQoBg&biw=1366&bih=584

My next tablet will come from 1 or these 2 list.

Oh, and what kind of bells & whistles do some of the more expensive models with less RAM & smaller HDs have that the lower price models of the same brand with more RAM & bigger HDs don’t have.

Dapper Dan
05-12-2020, 09:40 PM
I got my Xoom. I like it so far.

That thing was a beast. I put emulators on it and played using a PS3 controller. Damn, I forgot all about that thing. I used to love Motorola. Good bump.

Shazam!
05-12-2020, 10:33 PM
Now I want a new one. I hate you.

FanInAZ
05-13-2020, 01:45 AM
I'm still needing some advice to prevent myself from spending $100s on a tablet on an unsatisfactory tablet for the 3rd time :nod:

The 1st 2 tablets that I purchased had 1 thing in common, they were both bargain basement models that were on the brink of being taken off the market in favor of updated versions. This may have had something to do with my dissatisfaction with both. Nevertheless, I would like to get the input of our techies to avoid a repeat of the problems that I had before.

1) Galaxy Tab 2 (2012-13): The only other tablet options then were the I-pad and the stripped-down generics. Being anti-Apple since the ‘90s, the GT2 with its Android operating system that I had become accustom with my Android smartphone, it was the only option I entertained. One of my main uses for it was to access MS Office files that I created on my Windows 7 laptop. However, what showed up on the tablet, especially in terms of the layout of my PowerPoint slides, was not exactly like I created on my laptop. I assumed that there may have been some compatibility issues between Windows and Android that cause the problems. If this problem has been worked out since, then this would no longer be a reason to not buy the latest Galaxy Tab.

2) Microsoft Surface (2015): In order to avoid the compatibility issues that I assumed I had before, I got a tablet with the Windows 8 operating system access the MS Office files that I created on my Windows 8 laptop. By the time I bought it, the Surface Pro 4 had just hit the market. Those programs worked fine, but a fringe benefit that I assumed that I would also have, the ability to play my higher quality (when compared to what’s available from the app stores) Windows games. I now have a membership with Steem.com and being able to play games that I’ve purchased there would be a decisive factor in buy the latest Surface.

I also discovered that the cheapy models lacked enough RAM & big enough HD, as did the laptop my stepdad bought me 2 Christmases ago. I just upgrade my laptop to 8GB of RAM & a 512GB SSD, 175GB are still available. If the only games that I can play on a tablet are the lower quality games available in the app stores, then why would I need any more then the 4GB RAM & 128GB HD available in the more budget friendly models? One thing for sure, if I don’t need a TB HD for my laptop, there’s no way I would need 1 for a tablet.

I had to do 2 separate Google Shopping searches because I couldn’t select both the 12-14 and over 14 inches screen size for the same search, here’s the links for the results:

12-14 inchs: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1ZKTG_enUS777US777&biw=1366&bih=584&tbm=shop&sxsrf=ALeKk01PYB2wHUMumkX0XwTOu8SqQJFEaw%3A1589159 809650&q=tablets&tbs=vw%3Al%2Cmr%3A1%2Cp_ord%3Ap%2Cpdtr0%3A724612%7 C733936!724613%2Cnew%3A1%2Cpdtr1%3A725309%7C725312 %2Ccat%3A4745%2Cpdtr2%3A1020697%7C30.4799995422363 28%2435.560001373291016%2Cinit_ar%3ASgVKAwiJJQ%3D% 3D%2Cprice%3A1%2Cppr_min%3A500%2Cppr_max%3A1500&ei=gae4XpeMJ8vL-gSp0JPYDQ&ved=0ahUKEwjX0MfP0arpAhXLpZ4KHSnoBNsQuisI5wIoBA

Over 14 inches: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1ZKTG_enUS777US777&tbm=shop&sxsrf=ALeKk0155Zsjq47MXiFhaKgT8lc3pEIssw:158915995 2199&q=tablets&tbs=vw:l,mr:1,p_ord:p,pdtr0:724612%7C733936!724613 ,new:1,pdtr1:725309%7C725312,price:1,ppr_min:500,p pr_max:1500,cat:4745,pdtr2:1020697%7C35.5600013732 91016%24,init_ar:SgVKAwiJJQ%3D%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjpMST0qrpAhXGo54KHWsNC_kQvSsIlwQoBg&biw=1366&bih=584

My next tablet will come from 1 or these 2 list.

Oh, and what kind of bells & whistles do some of the more expensive models with less RAM & smaller HDs have that the lower price models of the same brand with more RAM & bigger HDs don’t have.