PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison will not play in Steelers opener, report says

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2012, 01:27 PM
It appears the Pittsburgh Steelers will be without linebacker James Harrison when they open their season Sunday night.

Harrison missed practice for the second consecutive day on Friday. He later tweeted it "looks like" he'll be a game-time decision against the Denver Broncos.

"The knee didn't feel too good," Harrison said Friday, via Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "They want to let it rest and see if rest will help it and make the decision when the game comes."

But Harrison might be too optimistic.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000059420/article/james-harrison-will-not-play-in-opener-report-says?module=HP11_headline_stack

shank
09-07-2012, 01:50 PM
saweeet

camdisco24
09-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Good. No broken knees and cheap shots on our players during the first game of the season.

SR
09-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Advantage Denver

chazoe60
09-07-2012, 01:55 PM
That ***** is scared.

BroncoNut
09-07-2012, 02:04 PM
dirtiest player in the NFL or something like that isn't he?

NightTerror218
09-07-2012, 02:09 PM
i feel better he is not playing....but also bad since he is a huge part of their defense. I just feel our team is safer without him.

Chef Zambini
09-07-2012, 02:11 PM
yeh, whiten wasnt suppose to play either!
he is gonna say his leg is fine, take a shot and play !
our broncos should EXPECT to see him on the field !

BroncoNut
09-07-2012, 02:12 PM

who is whiten?

chazoe60
09-07-2012, 02:15 PM
who is whiten?

Jason Witten Cowboys TE. Come on Zam, get your shit together.

BroncoNut
09-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Jason Witten Cowboys TE. Come on Zam, get your shit together.

oh Witten.

Northman
09-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Guess he wont be taking Peyton out for the season. And thats the plain truth.

hotcarl
09-07-2012, 02:32 PM
looks like tebow is goig to have his work cut out oifor jasdfp ihmkl, just htink ist could have been a steel curtain, but in strad its just a meat curtain LAWL

slim
09-07-2012, 05:53 PM

Do you think he will catch 15 passes?

NightTerror218
09-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Guess he wont be taking Peyton out for the season. And thats the plain truth.

or Deckers knee

Dzone
09-07-2012, 07:35 PM
He will not hesitate to send Peyton Manning to the hospital if he can. He is a dirtbag. Scumbag.

Canmore
09-07-2012, 11:29 PM
He will not hesitate to send Peyton Manning to the hospital if he can. He is a dirtbag. Scumbag.

Wasn't he voted the dirtiest player in the NFL by his peers?

Pudge
09-08-2012, 12:32 AM
I thought Suh was the dirtiest and he was second. Either way they both are dirty

HORSEPOWER 56
09-08-2012, 09:30 AM
I honestly don't think he would've made a huge difference for them either way. He was all but invisible in the playoff game last year. Clady handled him easily. All Harrison not playing does is give the Steelers' fans and media more excuses after we spank them on Sunday. I'm very confident that we're going to win this one 27-17 or thereabouts but it won't even be that close. The Steelers will score a late TD in garbage time to pull within 10 points so it looks closer on the scoreboard. The only real TD we give up will be on a busted play. The new era Orange Crush defense starts Sunday.

Nomad
09-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Who cares about the experts or opinions.......BRONCOS will get the W and that's all that matters.

Chef Zambini
09-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Jason Witten Cowboys TE. Come on Zam, get your shit together.my shit is solid thanks, what you dont like the way I spelled whiten?
whitten was NOT suppose top play, the guy has a lacerated spleen ! he probably risked his life playing football on wednesday !
but he did !
so Until I see harrison out of uniform sunday night, I am going to assume that he is playing and our broncos should do the same !
the GIANTS looked like they planned on facing a whitten-less cowboys and got rattled when he took the field !
I dont want the same assumptions and emotional backflips to effect our team !
harrison, gametime decision.
it does not say "OUT" !

Chef Zambini
09-08-2012, 12:06 PM
the title of this thread is completely wrong and mis-leading!

chaoticmayhem
09-08-2012, 12:25 PM
can't say I'll miss his cheap shots

chazoe60
09-08-2012, 12:59 PM
my shit is solid thanks, what you dont like the way I spelled whiten?
whitten was NOT suppose top play, the guy has a lacerated spleen ! he probably risked his life playing football on wednesday !
but he did !
so Until I see harrison out of uniform sunday night, I am going to assume that he is playing and our broncos should do the same !
the GIANTS looked like they planned on facing a whitten-less cowboys and got rattled when he took the field !
I dont want the same assumptions and emotional backflips to effect our team !
harrison, gametime decision.
it does not say "OUT" !

I was just giving you shit my friend. I was piggy-backing off another thread in which I told nut to get HIS shit together.

Dzone
09-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Harrison is a scumbag, but not if he was playing for Denver.

Dzone
09-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Big Ben might miss game!
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/09/06/ben-roethlisberger/index.html?sct=nfl_t2_a11
edit-Ok, false alarm, baby is due midseason.

Chef Zambini
09-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Who cares about the experts or opinions.......BRONCOS will get the W and that's all that matters.

Jason Witten, TE, Dallas Cowboys, (abdomen [D]): Witten might have the most talked about spleen in the history of sports. After suffering a laceration to his abdominal organ in his first preseason game, Witten was put on strict rest to allow the spleen to heal. After escaping the original threat of surgery, the biggest risk for Witten is possible reinjury. Returning too soon before the spleen has returned to normal would make it vulnerable to retearing, which could lead to serious internal bleeding. In the worst-case scenario, it could present a life-threatening situation. It is with those concerns in mind that the decision about Witten's return to football have been made.

The good news is that Witten appears to have suffered the least serious form of injury (Jerry Jones referred to Witten's laceration as a Grade 1) and that he seems to be healing well (Witten returned to practice Saturday, although he was limited to noncontact). Still, the doubtful tag strongly suggests Witten will sit out the opener. With an additional 11 days until the Cowboys' second game, it seems likely that his season debut will be postponed for at least a week.
expect harrison to play, be happy if he does not

Nomad
09-09-2012, 10:41 AM
:confused:What does Witten's spleen have to do with Harrison? I thought it happened in a Raiders game.

MOtorboat
09-09-2012, 11:27 AM
:confused:What does Witten's spleen have to do with Harrison? I thought it happened in a Raiders game.

I didn't know Harrison had a spleen injury. If he does, he's probably out. But since it's a knee injury, I bet he tries to play and isn't 100 percent effective.

shank
09-09-2012, 11:34 AM

zam suffers from restless fingers syndrome. that combined with his crippling useless opinions disease make life hard for the guy, so back off ya jerk.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-09-2012, 11:59 AM
zam suffers from restless fingers syndrome. that combined with his crippling useless opinions disease make life hard for the guy, so back off ya jerk.

Watching Zam post is like being the opposing defense when Manning starts calling audibles... frantic, undecipherable, and leaves you with that, "here we go again" feeling...

MOtorboat
09-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Watching Zam post is like being the opposing defense when Manning starts calling audibles... frantic, undecipherable, and leaves you with that, "here we go again" feeling...

He really is a Bronco.

:heh: