PDA

View Full Version : Peyton can make a little history

Nick
09-07-2012, 12:16 PM
I just noticed that Peyton can make another big leap forward in history against Steelers.

Peyton Manning needs one more 300-yard game to surpass Dan Marino for the most (64) in NFL history.

AND

Manning will also reach 400 career touchdown passes with his next score.

I can't wait for this game... Very excited!

SR
09-07-2012, 12:31 PM
I think 300 yards is a bit of a reach against Pittsburgh, but the TD is gonna happen.

The Glue Factory
09-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Hopefully I'll be home from the feis to catch at least the second half.

MileHighCrew
09-07-2012, 01:06 PM
I think 300 yards is a bit of a reach against Pittsburgh, but the TD is gonna happen.

I'd take that bet my friend. I think Manning is going to put all doubt to rest. I would guess he is closer to 350-400 yards by the end of the game!

SR
09-07-2012, 01:13 PM
I'd take that bet my friend. I think Manning is going to put all doubt to rest. I would guess he is closer to 350-400 yards by the end of the game!

If he goes that high he'll be staring at the team single game passing record

MileHighCrew
09-07-2012, 01:15 PM
If he goes that high he'll be staring at the team single game passing record

yup, that is what I'm thinking. When Manning, Brady, Elway... any of the greats have something to prove, they normally do it in VERY convincing fashion.

CrazyHorse
09-07-2012, 01:16 PM
If Tebow can pass for 300+ yards against the Steelers then Manning certainly can as well.

BroncoNut
09-07-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm behind Peyton Manning whatever the number of passing yards he gets. whether it be 10 or 400,000

MileHighCrew
09-07-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm behind Peyton Manning whatever the number of passing yards he gets. whether it be 10 or 400,000

I'm with you Nut, but on that scale I'll bet he is closer to 10 than 400,000

MOtorboat
09-07-2012, 01:33 PM
:heh:

BroncoNut
09-07-2012, 01:34 PM
I'm with you Nut, but on that scale I'll bet he is closer to 10 than 400,000

what time is the game MHC? I'm pretty excited. should be a great weekend for football. I need to set my ff lineup too. tried to last night, but I believe I ran into some difficulties. forget specifically. do you get to watch the games were you are at? and is american football pretty popular in Canada? like are there sports bars and things like that?

SR
09-07-2012, 01:56 PM
yup, that is what I'm thinking. When Manning, Brady, Elway... any of the greats have something to prove, they normally do it in VERY convincing fashion.

I hope you're right. More importantly I hope we get the W. honestly I won't complain of Peyton balls out...fantasy points!

Chef Zambini
09-07-2012, 02:14 PM
regarding history,
I always like to point out that EVERY time we have gone to the superbowl we beat the steelers along the way !

hotcarl
09-07-2012, 02:32 PM
he is truly the greatest bronco of all time - even greater than tony dorsett or jerry rice/. HTANKS FOR THIS THREAD OP{!!!!!

MileHighCrew
09-07-2012, 03:01 PM
what time is the game MHC? I'm pretty excited. should be a great weekend for football. I need to set my ff lineup too. tried to last night, but I believe I ran into some difficulties. forget specifically. do you get to watch the games were you are at? and is american football pretty popular in Canada? like are there sports bars and things like that?

We get all the channels you get plus Canadian stuff for the most part. I get CBS, FOX, NFLN ect and I have Sunday Ticket too. I am going to Belgium and France from 13-21 Sept so I will have to PVR the Broncos game but I never miss any. The game is Sunday night at 8:15 EST.
It is popular here and keeps growing. Thousands travel from Toronto to Buffalo games and from Winnipeg to see the Vikings.

LOL Calgary Alberta is so much like Denver, when I went to see the Broncos I felt at home. You have the 17th Ave Mall we have the Steven Ave Mall same thing.

Come up for a visit Nut, only an 8 hour drive from Washington area to Toronto area

CoachChaz
09-07-2012, 03:03 PM

I agree...but only because we will be losing and wont be able to run the ball.

MileHighCrew
09-07-2012, 03:16 PM
I agree...but only because we will be losing and wont be able to run the ball.

my orange coloured glasses say the Broncos win this game and it isn't really that close.

Nick
09-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Broncos going to kill Steelers. Manning mentioned numerous time on how loud denver got in playoffs, We including I are going to get loud on the afternoon game. He has a lot of weapons and decent line. Broncos on the over is an easy decision.

Chef Zambini
09-07-2012, 04:48 PM
the fans have to be QUIET when manning is on the field., we should be able to hear someone from a sky box say, 'waiter, more chardonnay please."

MOtorboat
09-07-2012, 04:50 PM
the fans have to be QUIET when manning is on the field., we should be able to hear someone from a sky box say, 'waiter, more chardonnay please."

Zam, are you calling Broncos fans stupid?

BroncoJoe
09-07-2012, 04:56 PM

SO f'ing sick of hearing this from someone who doesn't even live here. The Mile High Magic is back. The wine and cheese crowd was prevalent when the new stadium first opened. Today not so much. That place ROCKED last year, and will continue to.

SR
09-07-2012, 05:09 PM
SO f'ing sick of hearing this from someone who doesn't even live here. The Mile High Magic is back. The wine and cheese crowd was prevalent when the new stadium first opened. Today not so much. That place ROCKED last year, and will continue to.

Thank you. I want some rowdy fans that are fired up.

BroncoJoe
09-07-2012, 05:11 PM
People don't realize that even if those seats were occupied by the "conservative" type, they only make up about 1/4 - 1/3 of the stadium.

Nomad
09-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Thank you. I want some rowdy fans that are fired up.

Serve free beer!:D

hotcarl
09-07-2012, 09:35 PM

that was beacuase we had TEBOW, now we have manning :(

hopefully we will have more wine and cheese this year, last year there wasnt always enough cheese also i like my pipe and slippers when these brutes are lining up for a match. cheers, mate. T THE ******* I TO THE MOTHER ******* A BOTCH