PDA

View Full Version : We gonna blow chunks in the opener?

TheTruth
09-07-2012, 03:00 AM
Or are we gonna kick the Steelers in the nards?

Steelers known for getting after it with the blitz so im a little worried about Manning stayin upright. A win in the opener and solid protection might calm alot of my worries. But if we blow out our arse like i fear im coming after Mr Bowlen and Mr Ed for this suspect roster we have put together. Give Manning at least some good skill position players for fudge sake.

Its almost here! Lets hope Manning is the savior for our years of futility and lets also hope that Timmy T doesn't get in and play well and lead the jets to victory. That would be ultra mega humiliating.

Tighten your Chonies and adjust your chupicabra cuz here we go!

CrazyHorse
09-07-2012, 05:17 AM
McGahee and Moreno NEED to have a good game. Without a run game they'll blitz freely. We can't have Manning air it out and expect to win. Our skill position players aren't that bad.

OrangeFanatic
09-07-2012, 06:56 AM
McGahee and Moreno NEED to have a good game. Without a run game they'll blitz freely. We can't have Manning air it out and expect to win. Our skill position players aren't that bad.

I think they could get away with an "average" and we still come out with a win. Just as long as they remain somewhat a threat I think that'll free up PFM to do what he does best.

@OP I'm pretty optimistic after the third pre-season game that Manning should be able to pull us through this one.

SR
09-07-2012, 07:41 AM
I think they could get away with an "average" and we still come out with a win. Just as long as they remain somewhat a threat I think that'll free up PFM to do what he does best.

@OP I'm pretty optimistic after the third pre-season game that Manning should be able to pull us through this one.

I agree. A lot also depends on if James Harrison plays. If he plays, that automatically makes their entire defense better. With him, they can afford to take a little more risk with blitzing and cheating coverages. If he's not playing, that gives Denver's run game the advantage. Pittsburgh will have to load the box more frequently, which will allow for some good playaction plays where I think Moreno is most dangerous...catching balls in the flats on screens and whatnot.

silkamilkamonico
09-07-2012, 08:25 AM
"Suspect roster" in regards to what?

We have holes like every team in the NFL, but I don't see how we don't have a top 10 roster.

TXBRONC
09-07-2012, 08:33 AM
I can see the Steelers trying to play it straight up early on because even though Manning's missed entire season I think they will still respect arm. If they load up the box and dare Manning to beat them over the top they'll be playing with fire.

silkamilkamonico
09-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Manning has the edge this game, Pittsburgh haws no tape, no idea what he will try to do, and offense dicates the game in todays NFL.

SR
09-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Manning has the edge this game, Pittsburgh haws no tape, no idea what he will try to do, and offense dicates the game in todays NFL.

I think Denver is going to come out fairly conservative with Peyton...let him work himself in to the game. In all honesty, I think it will resemble the days of old a little bit...pounding the ball early to set up the passing game...ESPECIALLY if Harrison doesn't play.

TXBRONC
09-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Another thing that hasn't mention yet is our run defense. I heard that Mendenhal wont play and their offensive line is a little beat up but Mendenhal's back up Ike Redman is a more than capable back up as evidenced last year's playoff game.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-07-2012, 09:25 AM

Steelers known for getting after it with the blitz so im a little worried about Manning stayin upright. A win in the opener and solid protection might calm alot of my worries. But if we blow out our arse like i fear im coming after Mr Bowlen and Mr Ed for this suspect roster we have put together. Give Manning at least some good skill position players for fudge sake.

Its almost here! Lets hope Manning is the savior for our years of futility and lets also hope that Timmy T doesn't get in and play well and lead the jets to victory. That would be ultra mega humiliating.

I just don't get the "Mr Ed" crack. I can't see many, if any, really questionable moves that Elway has made that haven't paid off. I didn't like the Von Miller pick last year, I was dead wrong. I was skeptical that last year's squad would be any better than the '10 squad. We won the division and a playoff game. I was hesitant to jump onboard with the Manning signing before knowing if he could still play - he looks mostly like his old self and can definitely lead the offense. I had my doubts about letting Bunkley walk in FA and retaining Warren, so far Warren has done well in preseason and Bunkley has been almost invisible for the Saints. Yep, pretty much every offseason move I questioned has turned out just fine

Truth, are you just one of those guys who is still butt hurt about trading Tebow away? The way you switch gears between talking about the Steelers and then being embarrased about Tebow potentially helping the Jets win (who cares?) leads me to believe that that is your sole motivation to berate Bowlen and Elway. You're a butt-hurt Teboi who is bitter about his departure.

NightTrainLayne
09-07-2012, 09:38 AM

What's this "WE" talk Pale-Face?

TXBRONC
09-07-2012, 09:40 AM
I just don't get the "Mr Ed" crack. I can't see many, if any, really questionable moves that Elway has made that haven't paid off. I didn't like the Von Miller pick last year, I was dead wrong. I was skeptical that last year's squad would be any better than the '10 squad. We won the division and a playoff game. I was hesitant to jump onboard with the Manning signing before knowing if he could still play - he looks mostly like his old self and can definitely lead the offense. I had my doubts about letting Bunkley walk in FA and retaining Warren, so far Warren has done well in preseason and Bunkley has been almost invisible for the Saints. Yep, pretty much every offseason move I questioned has turned out just fine

Truth, are you just one of those guys who is still butt hurt about trading Tebow away? The way you switch gears between talking about the Steelers and then being embarrased about Tebow potentially helping the Jets win (who cares?) leads me to believe that that is your sole motivation to berate Bowlen and Elway. You're a butt-hurt Teboi who is bitter about his departure.

Yeah my guess is that he's one of those guy's that still butt hurt about the Tebow trade. Of course I don't think his assesment of the roster is worth spit so there you go.

weazel
09-07-2012, 09:51 AM

who's we, spazz??

BroncoNut
09-07-2012, 09:54 AM
who is "chunks"?

Davii
09-07-2012, 10:19 AM
who is "chunks"?

http://fellowtraveler.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/chunk.jpg

BroncoNut
09-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Jeff Cohen. sounds familiar, last name especially

BroncoNut
09-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Jeff Cohen is now a lawyer. He founded a law firm in the LA area apparently.

NightTerror218
09-07-2012, 11:20 AM
"Suspect roster" in regards to what?

We have holes like every team in the NFL, but I don't see how we don't have a top 10 roster.

I do not think we have a top 10 roster due to out depth, or lack of

SR
09-07-2012, 11:21 AM
I do not think we have a top 10 roster due to out depth, or lack of

But the 11 starters on offense and defense are pretty solid.

NightTerror218
09-07-2012, 12:06 PM
But the 11 starters on offense and defense are pretty solid.

I would say OL is spoty, FS and LB are also. Unless our young safeties step it up this season. Also Mays/Woodyard is not amazing but they are adequate.

hotcarl
09-07-2012, 02:29 PM
yes, we are going to "blow chunks", op. thank you for the thread. (in case you didnt notice, im being sarcastic, no one likes your stupid thread, or you, for that matter, please "f" the "f" off,,,,,) (comma)

tia,
the bronco forum mod team
:mad:

Chef Zambini
09-07-2012, 02:40 PM
if we get our TEs going early, that will occupy their linebackers, I expect 30 touches for our backs and 20 of those could be receptions !
I KNOW that PM will determine our mix of run and pass, and he will make the right choices based on down, distance and personnel.
I know our kicking game will be solid.
My concern, just as it was at the end of last year and before the draft and free agency remains the same!
safety and linebacker!
can we stop the run and cover the tight end(s).
at least the steelers have concerns at runningback.
27-24 broncos !

slim
09-07-2012, 02:57 PM
So you think our RB will catch 20 passes? :lol:

I see you also predicted (in another thread) that Heath Miller would catch 15 on Sunday.

You are one odd dude, Zam.

Chef Zambini
09-07-2012, 03:04 PM

I see you also predicted (in another thread) that Heath Miller would catch 15 on Sunday.

You are one odd dude, Zam.Not just miller, 15 combined catches for steeler tight ends!
our backs, all of them, 30 touches and as many as 20 receptions(part of those touches, just in case someone doesnt understand what touches means, carries plus receptions)
manning will be happy to take what the defense gives, he is not going to be afraid of being accused of dinking and dunking.
he will move the chains by taking whats open.
I also said BB would scramble for first downs running right up the middle of the field too !

slim
09-07-2012, 03:05 PM
If our RBs and their TEs combine for 35 catches in this game, I will pay off your mortgage.

slim
09-07-2012, 03:07 PM
If our RBs and their TEs combine for 35 catches in this game, I will pay off your mortgage.

But if they don't, you have to give your sous chef (Buffalo) a handjob with your mouth.

Chef Zambini
09-07-2012, 03:15 PM
70 offensive plays for our broncos.
as many as 50 passing plays, but lets say 40-30 favoring the pass.
Our RBs/ FB will catch as many as 20 of those passes, and our TE 10, most of which I expect in the first half !
with about 20-25 run playsI expect mcgehee to have more than HALF those carries with a handful going to bell, moreno and hillman.
manning will have ONE running play for 3 yards, but it will be for a first down.
Mc gehee and our TE tandem will each have at least 1 TD.
we will make all our FG attempts and extra points.
we will NOT give up a special teams TD !
BB will throw the ball 45 times, at least !
his TEs will catch at least 15 of those passes.
otherwise I have no idea how the game will play out.

Chef Zambini
09-07-2012, 03:19 PM
$135,000 thank you so much !
I will be able to retire and take a typing class !

Ziggy
09-07-2012, 03:32 PM
The Truth, Zam, and Hot Carl all posting in the same thread. This forum will never be the same again.

NightTerror218
09-07-2012, 03:38 PM
if we get our TEs going early, that will occupy their linebackers, I expect 30 touches for our backs and 20 of those could be receptions !
I KNOW that PM will determine our mix of run and pass, and he will make the right choices based on down, distance and personnel.
I know our kicking game will be solid.
My concern, just as it was at the end of last year and before the draft and free agency remains the same!
safety and linebacker!
can we stop the run and cover the tight end(s).
at least the steelers have concerns at runningback.
27-24 broncos !

I read an article on mannings offence. He was given a play and he would adjust it at the line with audibles. But the backs will get atleast 20 rushing attempts. dont forget out nickle CB was a rookie and he should be much improved this year and might be on TEs like he was last year.

NightTerror218
09-07-2012, 03:39 PM

You are one odd dude, Zam.

I could see 10 catches depending on how often Steelers blitz.

NightTerror218
09-07-2012, 03:39 PM
$135,000 thank you so much !
I will be able to retire and take a typing class !

i will take it 225,000 left on mine

deebs
09-08-2012, 12:08 AM
Steelers are gonna be totally 1 dimensional. All of their RBs are hurt. And they're breaking in a new passing offense, wih a #1 WR who just got to camp a few days ago. This all bodes well for Denver's D. I think Peyton has modest numbers, but that combined with an efficient ground game and defense will be enough for the Broncos to win.

Chef Zambini
09-08-2012, 12:33 AM
Steelers are gonna be totally 1 dimensional. All of their RBs are hurt. And they're breaking in a new passing offense, wih a #1 WR who just got to camp a few days ago. This all bodes well for Denver's D. I think Peyton has modest numbers, but that combined with an efficient ground game and defense will be enough for the Broncos to win.it also bods well for their TEs, thats why I say they get 15 receptions !

Ziggy
09-08-2012, 12:53 AM
it also bods well for their TEs, thats why I say they get 15 receptions !

Todd Haley is thier new offensive coordinator Zam. He doesn't use TE's. The most receptions a tight end has ever had on his team in a entire season is 47. There's no way that they go to the TE's 15 times in 1 game.

slim
09-10-2012, 08:38 AM

Our RBs = 0 catches.
Pit TE - 4 catches.

Oh, so close Zam. You really had me worried there when Miller caught his 4th pass.

NightTrainLayne
09-10-2012, 11:02 AM
I kinda wish we hadn't banned this troll "The Truth" now. It would be fun to see his response to the win.

Or maybe not. . . .probably just as well.

Chef Zambini
09-10-2012, 03:47 PM
I admior I was surprized oue RVBs were targeed so litle in the ganew, Mcgehee did catch one pass ir was worth 2 points, he and moreno were both tardeted ,\less than 10 times.
Maybe because it was palomalo drawing the RB coverage?
Miller had to compleyions aken away due to penalty, but he was definately a factor.
not to the extent I predicted and I did expect another steeler TE to step in, that did not happen.
what is true is that our D has trouble with ONe TE, heaven help us when we see TWO !
like ATL next week?
a team that will line up 2 TE and run and pass from that formation because they actually have a running game, unlioke the steelers we just faced.

Northman
09-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Yes, we blew our load all over the Steelers like a cheap whore.

LTC Pain
09-10-2012, 03:49 PM
The Broncos took "chunks" from the Steelers last night. Take your "Terrible Towels" anbd wipe your noses with them, you're bleeding!