PDA

View Full Version : Smith to Unveil Broncos Fan Flag

Denver Native (Carol)
09-05-2012, 10:04 AM
This week, the NFL gets back to football. And the Broncos’ newest Ring of Famer, wide receiver Rod Smith, will be in New York City to help celebrate.

As part of the 2012 NFL Kickoff Show, Smith will be part of the pregame celebration at Rockefeller Center on Wednesday in advance of the first game of the season, when the Dallas Cowboys take on the New York Giants.

Smith is one of 32 NFL alumni — one player representing each team — that will take part in the festivities along with a fan of each team.

For the Broncos, that fan will be Bob Disher of Castle Rock, Colo. Disher won the inaugural NFL Fan Flag Challenge, which asked fans to submit designs with elements representative of their team’s city, community, traditions or fans.

Disher’s winning entry — which can be seen below — will be unveiled by Smith during Wednesday’s Kickoff Show.

rest - http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/smith-to-unveil-broncos-fan-flag/

chazoe60
09-05-2012, 10:06 AM
That's awesome.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-05-2012, 10:07 AM
A dozen Colorado athletes who competed in the London 2012 Olympic Games will be honored as Broncos Country Heroes during the first quarter of Denver’s season opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on Sunday (6:30 p.m. MDT kickoff).

As part of the celebration, Centennial resident and Regis Jesuit High School student Missy Franklin will serve as an honorary captain and accompany the rest of the Broncos’ captains to midfield for the pregame coin toss. Franklin captured four gold medals and one bronze in her Olympic swimming debut last month.

Franklin, who visited a Broncos practice at Dove Valley earlier this year, earned gold medals in the 100m backstroke, 200m backstroke, 4×200m freestyle and 4×100m medley — in addition to a bronze in the 4×100m freestyle.

Other 2012 Olympic medalists include Taylor Ritzel (gold, rowing), granddaughter of former Broncos Head Coach Red Miller; Clarissa Chun (bronze, wrestling); and Janay DeLoach (bronze, long jump).

Below is a look at the 12 Colorado Olympians who will be honored by the Broncos on Sunday:

rest - http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/broncos-to-honor-colorado-olympians/

Ravage!!!
09-05-2012, 10:29 AM
I think its awesome that this guy won the contest, I personally think the flag is U-G-L-Y. But I'm pretty picky on stuff like that.

NightTerror218
09-05-2012, 12:19 PM
can you buy the flag anywhere?

BroncoJoe
09-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Man, I could have done a better flag. Wish I would have known about this contest!

OrangeHoof
09-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Digging deep to find that first logo. I would have preferred a three-logo top with orange-sky, blue mountains and white snow. But that's just me.

Ravage!!!
09-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Something like this, then?

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/what-a-bunch-of-boobs-another-reason-our-country-is-in-trouble/blog-263243/?link=ibaf&q=&imgurl=http://djchaos.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/hot-blonde-girl-with-big-boobs.jpg

Nomad
09-05-2012, 05:58 PM
It has a retro feel to it....I like it.

NightTerror218
09-05-2012, 06:07 PM
It has a retro feel to it....I like it.

AS DO I! After that insane storm last night...I might need a new flag. i think my American flag was ripped off.

Nomad
09-05-2012, 07:07 PM
AS DO I! After that insane storm last night...I might need a new flag. i think my American flag was ripped off.

That was one hell of a wind storm. Canceled school and my youngest son's football game tonight. Trying to sleep during the day with the kids home sucks.

Anyway, I'd buy this guys flag.

WARHORSE
09-05-2012, 07:08 PM
I personally dont like the flag either. Flags are for battlefields. It just taint warriorlike enough for me. Looks like something youd find at a COLLARADA truckstop. No offense to those who like it....obviously some guy with a tourist camera made the decision.

Oh well.

GO B R O N C O S !

TheTruth
09-07-2012, 03:26 AM
That's awesome.

Thats Gay

TheTruth
09-07-2012, 03:26 AM
Not that theres anything wrong with it

hotcarl
09-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Thats Gay