PDA

View Full Version : The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Snapping Turtle
10-31-2007, 02:37 PM
Woot! Nuggets start tonight. :elefant:

Yeah...another Denver Sports team that I am a fan of...surprise surprise. They are a good way to kill time waiting for baseball to start again...

GO NUGGETS!:elefant:

Kapaibro
10-31-2007, 02:40 PM
Woot! Nuggets start tonight. :elefant:

Yeah...another Denver Sports team that I am a fan of...surprise surprise. They are a good way to kill time waiting for baseball to start again...

GO NUGGETS!:elefant:

Yay! Something to kill time till spring!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-31-2007, 07:01 PM
I LOVE my Denver Teams - Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets, Avs - Couldn't get any better :elefant::elefant:

GOOOOOOO NUGGETS

BroncoAV06
11-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Kill time :tsk:

Off season together will pay off for this team. AI looked good last night 25 and 14 is what he needs to bring every night. Melo's game improved even more which is scary, already one of the best one on one players in the game and he has improved his out side shot, don't know about his defense and rebounding yet but he should be an easy double double guy every night.
-K-Mart getting some time, worked into the rotation, will add another indside presence out side of Camby.
-Nene needs to get back to that level he was at at the end of last year, I hope his knee/calf does not bother him for to long.
-Kleza, I like this kid a lot, hits the boards, drives the basket, hangs out on the perimiter a lot, big body that can score and hit the out side shot. If he continues to work on movement and cutting to the basket he will be the dark hourse in this offense.
-Eddy brings the spark off the bench and looks to be solid again this year.
-Wilks looked good as a back up fill in PG.
-JR, has loads of potential but came into the league so young and has never really gotten a foothold on anything. Always getting into it with the coaches and is far to much up and down. He is scary if he gets hot from the outside. Suspended by the team for the first 3 games of the season, hope he can work his way back, work hard on the definsive end will be a big factor for him as well.
I wonder how he will be after the off season he has had, if he will be able to pull himself together.

West is going to be tough again, another good year of basketball looks to be on his way.

Snapping Turtle
11-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Kill time :tsk:

Off season together will pay off for this team. AI looked good last night 25 and 14 is what he needs to bring every night. Melo's game improved even more which is scary, already one of the best one on one players in the game and he has improved his out side shot, don't know about his defense and rebounding yet but he should be an easy double double guy every night.
-K-Mart getting some time, worked into the rotation, will add another indside presence out side of Camby.
-Nene needs to get back to that level he was at at the end of last year, I hope his knee/calf does not bother him for to long.
-Kleza, I like this kid a lot, hits the boards, drives the basket, hangs out on the perimiter a lot, big body that can score and hit the out side shot. If he continues to work on movement and cutting to the basket he will be the dark hourse in this offense.
-Eddy brings the spark off the bench and looks to be solid again this year.
-Wilks looked good as a back up fill in PG.
-JR, has loads of potential but came into the league so young and has never really gotten a foothold on anything. Always getting into it with the coaches and is far to much up and down. He is scary if he gets hot from the outside. Suspended by the team for the first 3 games of the season, hope he can work his way back, work hard on the definsive end will be a big factor for him as well.
I wonder how he will be after the off season he has had, if he will be able to pull himself together.

West is going to be tough again, another good year of basketball looks to be on his way.

Woot. Last night was a good game, I love Najera. I'm excited about the season. :D

Denver Native (Carol)
11-01-2007, 04:59 PM
The Nuggets looked good last night, especially in the second half, and I truly hope that what I have heard in regards to K-Mart totally having a positive attitude this year is true, as he definitely made a difference on defense.

Also, most of the people I have heard are picking the Nuggets high - in fact Charles Barkley said he picked them to finish second, only to San Antonio in the west.

champ24girl
11-02-2007, 04:25 PM
The AI/Melo experiment is already looking like it's coming together and if Nene and K-Mart can stay healthy and Najera and Kleiza get to contribute then the rest of the NBA better watch out! Nuggets could finally get to that championship this year!

dogfish
11-02-2007, 07:54 PM
sweeeet. . . . GO NUGS!!!

:werd:

turn the tables and smoke someone else for a change. . . . :laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Nuggets win 99 - 91 - Nuggets 2 - 0 :elefant:

Escobar
11-02-2007, 10:23 PM
finish second? according to who? oh that moron LOL, from a suns fan, don't take anything he says serious...:salute:

BroncoAV06
11-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Shot selection is an issue, I don't know if they were tiered are what but Anthony was the only one driving to the basket late and to many threes were being jacked up. Big east coast rode trip, Knicks up first. Team needs to push the tempo on more possensions, when they get to the basket they do well, and in the half court more movement away from the ball. I am definitly looking forward to this team improving on defense and to see if Melo holds up on his defense. He told Karl he wants to gaurd the other teams top player, just another step in the evolution of a super star. Still think he should be a double-double guy, but can't argue with the improvment of his outside game. Its just scary to think that this kid can only get better.

Hornets just have the Nuggets number, they will definitly be a factor in the west for a playoff spot.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-05-2007, 06:23 PM
To me last night, it appeared that most of the players were not playing with much energy - kind of sluggish. That needs to change.

BroncoAV06
11-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Nuggets should of came out with a victory but the Knicks battled harder the second half. Killed the Nuggets on the boards. Both teams were shooting lights out but the Knicks were making just that 1 more three etc.

Team definitly has to continue to improve on defense, thats what will take them to that next level. Last night was a shoot out but the Knicks were the team that controlled the boards and got the stop when needed. Nuggets should be a little better on the inside with K-Mart playing tonight, he will sit out the Was game as well then play in IND.

I still think that they can come away with a good road trip if they put last nights game behind them. Tonight should be a good game and will most likley come down to the end. Nuggets will need to drive the lane and take advantage of free throws and easy baskets that they can get which are created by driving the basket, pushing the tempo, and buckling down on defense. Sounds like a lot to do, yes, but the Nuggets have to overcome there lack of outside shots and interior pressence at times with doing other things better.

I still do think this team needs another big man, I was all over it in the off season. A young gaurd and big man to work in for the future would be great if the Nuggets are ever able to draft again. AI was brought here to help this team get to the next level, they are on there way. A young gaurd/big man to team with the future K-Mart/Nene would extend that window even furthur.

Excited to see the revamped Celtics tonight, AI showed last night why he is climbing the scoring charts, he can get hot at times and is due for a blow up game where he is one for 4 qtrs. Go Nuggets.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-17-2007, 11:33 PM
BIG win for the Nuggets tonight over the Knicks - 115 - 83 :elefant:

topscribe
11-18-2007, 03:29 AM
My only concern is K-Mart. With as much pain as he is going through, he can't
be having any fun out there. And the Nuggets really need him with Nene out
injured.

-----

BroncoAV06
11-19-2007, 02:50 PM
My only concern is K-Mart. With as much pain as he is going through, he can't
be having any fun out there. And the Nuggets really need him with Nene out
injured.

-----

The Nuggets might have to bring up or sign a big man soon. Camby needs some rest during games, K-Mart has to be worked in slowly, and with Nene out at least another 5 weeks how long can the Nuggets get by with the scat unit?

I am not saying that it will be a big named game changer, no just someone to grab rebounds and change shots when Cmaby sits down. It will be big to get solid play out of K-Mart the mins he can play.

The scat unit has been a big spark. Karl loves players who hustle and play D, that is why Smith, Kuba, Jones, LK, and Eddy are a line up he uses in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs.

When Atkins and AC come back, Waffer and Wilks will most likely be the odd men out. AI is playing very solid, Melo as well, team should be ok till Nene gets back as long as they don't slack to often on the defensive end.

I am likeing Melo's defense, it was something that he wanted to work on and is something that was lacking from his game in the past. Imporved his outside shot this year, now a threat from outside and driving, how do you gaurd him? Its scary that he has the ability to get even better. I have been saying that he could take his game to another level for two years, the coaches have got on him about rebounding more, should have more double-doubles IMO.

Will be a battle all year for the north west title, Jazz are very good team. As long as the Nuggets can limit the let down games and not lose to teams that they shouldn't more then say once, their record should continue to improve.

Snapping Turtle
11-24-2007, 01:37 AM
I went to the Nuggets game tonight! My first one ever. I had a good time, but we should have beaten up on the TWolves a bit more.

Skywalker
11-24-2007, 01:33 PM
I went to the Nuggets game tonight! My first one ever. I had a good time, but we should have beaten up on the TWolves a bit more.

Yeah they should have, but you never know if its going to be one of those nights where no shots are falling, etc...

That sucks AI didn't do anything last night, because I heard he's one of the best to see in person. :sad:

BTW, GO SUNS! :D

dogfish
11-24-2007, 01:44 PM
BTW, GO SUNS! :D

:eviltongue: :eviltongue: :eviltongue:

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2007, 10:28 PM
GREAT Nuggets blowout win tonight - Nuggets 115 - Miami 89 :salute:

Escobar
12-04-2007, 01:32 PM
tops, i know they are MANY suns fans in tucson.....whats your reason for being a bugget fan ? :tsk:

Denver Native (Carol)
12-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Well isn't this special - this past Wednesday, KMart was called for a flagrant foul, and the league waits until today after the Nuggets shoot around to suspend KMart for tonight's game. They are playing in San Antonio right now - sure game Coach Karl time to plan for KMart being out tonight - NOT!!!!! :mad:

http://www.nba.com/news/Denverrsquos_Kenyon_Martin_S-248721-32.html

Denver’s Kenyon Martin Suspended
Posted Dec 15 2007 2:54PM

NEW YORK, Dec. 15, 2007 – Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin has been suspended for one game without pay and assessed a Flagrant Foul, Penalty Two for flagrantly fouling Melvin Elyof the New Orleans Hornets by striking him in the head with an elbow, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.

The incident occurred with 9:40 remaining in the second period of Denver’s 105-99 win over the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday, Dec. 12 at the Pepsi Center. Martin will serve the suspension tonight when the Nuggets play the San Antonio Spurs at the AT&T Center.

BroncoAV06
12-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Nuggets can't beat the Spurs, letting the Spurs score 36 in the 3rd is not a way to beat the Spurs, holding them to 10 points in the 4th is but dosn't help after you are already down 18.

AI has been a man on fire, Trail Blazers tonight, need this one. Utah just snaped its 6 game losing streak. Division will be big if the Nuggets can keep up with the Jazz, will be nice not to have to play the Spurs in the first round. Still a lot of basketball to be played and the Nuggets can still imporve as a team if they want to.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-19-2007, 08:12 PM
http://www.9news.com/sports/article.aspx?storyid=83012

It's been a good year for Allen Iverson since joining Nuggets

DENVER (AP) - Allen Iverson is no longer the leading man he was in Philadelphia. Carmelo Anthony holds that title in Denver. So Iverson, the former MVP and four-time scoring champion, is content being the wingman.

"I'm happy," declared Iverson, who doesn't regret leaving Philly a year ago Wednesday and bringing his gritty game to the Rocky Mountains.

"What I went through there is definitely past. I'm gone. I'm not thinking about that," Iverson said. "I'm comfortable here. I'm cool. We're still growing as a team. We're getting better."

Although the Nuggets still are trying to develop an identity after another injury-riddled start to the season, Iverson sees a lot of potential -- more, he insists, than he ever saw in Philly.

"The talent level is a lot better than what I played with in my career," Iverson said. "I'm happy to be on a team where I have an opportunity to win."

He's so optimistic about Denver's future he's talking about opting out of his current contract and re-signing this summer for six years, although the Nuggets would face a big luxury tax because the deal would extend beyond his 36th birthday.

"Yeah, hopefully we can get something done," said Iverson, who is making $19 million this season and is scheduled to make $20.8 million next year. "But that's not up to me. My whole thing is to play every game like it's my last game. Playing hard for 48 minutes and give everything I have and that contract thing will take care of itself."

Nuggets player personnel director Mark Warkentien doesn't talk about contracts during the season, but neither the team nor Iverson wants a change.

However, does it make sense to give a 32-year-old player a maximum deal?

"One thing I'll give A.I. is he has a superhuman body. He's proven that over the years," Denver coach George Karl said.

Last December, Iverson soured on his relationship with Philadelphia coach Maurice Cheeks. Iverson was deactivated for his final six games before Denver came up with the right package of players and picks to pry him away.

At first it seemed Iverson had traded one dysfunctional team for another.

For the first 2 1/2 months with Denver, Iverson was part of a roll-the-dice lineup in constant flux because of injuries, illnesses, trades and suspensions. Although Iverson and 'Melo showed two superstars can coexist, the Nuggets still were bounced from the playoffs by San Antonio in the first round last spring.

This year, the Nuggets once again have been forced to play with creative lineups due to a rash of injuries. Still, they lead the Northwest Division and expect to get it together in time to make a run in the playoffs.

So far, Iverson hasn't clashed with Karl, who gives the 1996 No. 1 pick lots of leeway to do his thing and accepts his turnovers as a consequence of his unique style.

Karl vehemently defended Iverson when Charles Barkley criticized Iverson as selfish after a recent 51-point performance.

"You're always going to have your Barkley taking a 35 and 12 game and criticizing it," Karl said. "I don't get it. People still criticize our defense. We're not a great defensive team on an every-possession basis, but we have moved into a pretty good defensive team statistically."

And Karl said he believes the solution is The Answer, whom he said can turn the Nuggets from first-round fodder into a contender.

"Right now, the mode is to make a step from a top-12 team in the league to a top-5 team in the league," Karl said. "I think we're moving in that direction."

Iverson agreed.

"It is a different situation when I was with Philly," he said. "I honestly thought I had a chance to win a championship there just because I believed in myself, I believed in my teammates and I believed in the coaching staff and the organization. I even felt that way before I left. I felt that all we had to do was just try to get into the playoffs. And once you get into the playoffs anything can happen.

"But here it feels even better because the talent level is a lot better and these people around here are committed to trying to win basketball games."

BroncoAV06
12-20-2007, 04:28 PM
J.R. Smith was active, but did not play as a coaches' decision on Sunday against Portland. Coach George Karl cited the guard's poor defense and continued questionable decision-making. Wednesday, the two met to discuss what Smith needs to do to get out of Karl's doghouse. "We talked about what we needed to talk about. That was it," Smith said. "Can't discuss that, it's just between the team." Smith did say the meeting was cordial. "It was a friendly meeting," Smith said. "There wasn't anybody screaming at each other. It was just a man-on-man conversation." -- Denver Post

I don't know what the rift is between the 2 but JR needs to be on the floor. He just needs to find consitancy. He has the ability to hit hte 3 which is missed and needed to take some pressure off of AI and Melo. "ONe man comeback" as dubed by Hastings. This really bugs me, I like JR, I know he is young but what does Karl have against him? It is really starting to anger me.

Chucky Atkins has missed the entire season with a groin injury but says he is 80 to 85 percent. The sharpshooting guard originally set his return for Dec. 26, but Karl said Wednesday that may be pushed up to this weekend. The Nuggets play Friday at Portland and Sunday at Sacramento. "I think he's shooting for one of those days," Karl said. "I think he moved it up a little bit. We had two pretty substantial practices, and he stayed through all of it." Atkins, however, remains cautious. -- Denver Post

Well don't know if you can expect much being he has not played in months and is coming off an injury so it will take him some time to get used to the game and his teamates. Would like to have another shooter on the floor and someone that can take some time at the point.

Snapping Turtle
12-20-2007, 05:37 PM
My brother saw JR Smith at Best Buy last night. I thought that was pretty cool despite his lacking on the court recently.

BroncoAV06
12-20-2007, 11:14 PM
Chucky Atkins has been spotted on the FLOOR! Nuggets down early, Melo just can not get out of the slump, AI still on fire.

Nuggets need to get games like these. If they want to be the team they say they can, (lots of theys). A McGrady less Rocket team should be beat!

Atkins 8pts, 2-4 from 3 (2nd qtr)

go nuggets

dogfish
12-21-2007, 02:28 AM
i just caught the second overtime of tonight's game-- anthony carter hit a shot with .8 seconds left to win the game. . .

GO NUGS!!

BroncoAV06
12-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Traveled to Portland after the game lost an hour, game ended at midnight, see if anything is left in the tank. Melo fought through a hard game last night. Just needs one of those games to get his shot back. AI went off as well.

Someone else is most likely going to have to score some points tonight. LK, Atkins, Camby, make a few buckets so they don't have to depend on AI and Melo the whole game again. It would make the long night and trip easier for everyone.

Portland is on fire, a young team that is winning, and no where near the dumps, Oden who?

Snapping Turtle
12-26-2007, 06:15 PM
I was all set to go to the Nuggets game tonight but it fell through. Now I am sad and will only be watching from my couch. :(

dogfish
12-26-2007, 06:35 PM
I was all set to go to the Nuggets game tonight but it fell through. Now I am sad and will only be watching from my couch. :(

sorry about your luck snap-- that sucks. . .

ahh well, GO NUGS anyways!

Snapping Turtle
12-26-2007, 06:36 PM
sorry about your luck snap-- that sucks. . .

ahh well, GO NUGS anyways!

Yeah Go Nuggs!!! :elefant:

BroncoAV06
12-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Nene will play a few mins tonight!

BroncoAV06
12-26-2007, 11:00 PM
Nuggets are handing it to the Bucks. fast break early, getting easy shots, and the Bucks are not doing anything.

I love what Nene brings to the line up, he is a guy that is always looking to set the screen and roll to the basket!

Golden St. back to back this weekend followed by the Spurs.

Watchthemiddle
12-26-2007, 11:02 PM
THe Nuggs game is so far out of reach and Melo is on the bench, I am now watching the Motor City Bowl....:elefant:

Broncolingus
12-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Good job, Puke-its...

This team cannot learn the word consistency...red hot, then ice cold, then red hot, ...

Watchthemiddle
12-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Its probably a good thing the Nuggs are killing them so bad ...this Motor CIty Bowl is a good one...

Colorado4Life
12-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Go Nuggets! I cannot believe the Broncos aren't doing so hot and the Nuggets are playoff bound for yet another season... Things are really strange in Denver these days..

DallasChief
12-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Go Nuggets! I cannot believe the Broncos aren't doing so hot and the Nuggets are playoff bound for yet another season... Things are really strange in Denver these days..

And the Rockies went to the World Series. Or at least they were supposed to.

CoachChaz
12-27-2007, 12:49 PM
And the Rockies went to the World Series. Or at least they were supposed to.

They were invited...they just never showed up
________
Honda airport specifications (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_Airport)

dogfish
12-27-2007, 04:00 PM
nice game camby!!

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Nice win last night against GS...Iverson played great.

Whats the deal with Portland? - "On fi-ya!"

BroncoAV06
12-29-2007, 01:55 PM
They are not as bad as people make them out to be.

Brandon Roy rookie of the year and easily the best NBA ready player from the 06 draft
Aldrige top 5 pick in 06, injured, can score and defends well.
Frye looked good his rookie year with the Knicks and is playing well this year.
Travis Outlaw is haveing a huge break out season, was drafted out of HS and is finally putting his potential to work.
Webster is an outside machine, same with James Jones.
Not a fan of Jarett Jack but he can score some from the point, Blake can move the ball well from the point. Role players like Rodrigez and LeFrentz.

McMillen is doing a good job with the youngest team in the NBA, getting them to play together and hard. Lots of credit to them. With a team so young you wonder how long they can keep it up but they are not looking like a one hit wonder!

Caught the last 4 mins of the game last night. From what I heard the Nuggets lead the whole way. It was good to see the Nuggets handle the pressure from GS late. Those last 2 shots Melo took were bad, but they were able to over come that, Camby 2 clutch free throws. Davis hit a big one and 20,000+ erupted but the Nuggets stood tall, great to see.

Pepsi Center needs to be rocken, GS will come even harder on Sunday. Nuggets can not let down early.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-04-2008, 01:34 PM
GREAT win by the Nuggets last night :salute:

BroncoAV06
01-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Gloom permeated the Pepsi Center on Wednesday when news spread about Denver guard Chucky Atkins, who could be out for the season. The 33-year-old Atkins returned from a preseason groin strain Dec. 20, but he remains hampered by what proved to be a sports hernia. He will undergo surgery early next week, at which point doctors Steve Traina and Robert McDonald will decide just how long Atkins will be out. Denver coach George Karl said Atkins probably won't start running until near mid-March. The Nuggets (21-13) finish the regular season April 16. "My preliminary introduction to the injury was that (his return) will be toward the end of the season," Karl said. "If at all." -- Denver Post

Well Chucky hope you can get better and possibly provide something next season. JR could start to see some more mins due to this with the Nuggets still trying to find a consistaint threat from behind the arch. Who knows with Karl and JR, I know I would love to see him get more mins.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Well Chucky hope you can get better and possibly provide something next season. JR could start to see some more mins due to this with the Nuggets still trying to find a consistaint threat from behind the arch. Who knows with Karl and JR, I know I would love to see him get more mins.

I also would love to see JR get more mins. At times he shows a lot of promise.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2008, 10:33 PM
http://www.9news.com/sports/article.aspx?storyid=84334

Nene leaves team to take care of personal medical issue

DENVER (AP) - Nuggets forward Nene took an indefinite leave of absence from the team Friday to take care of a personal medical issue.

The Nuggets wouldn't comment further on what was wrong with Nene, who missed 22 games earlier this season after surgery on his left thumb.

"I'm very upset that I have to put a little delay on being with the team to take care of my health," Nene said in a statement. "It's hard to go through when things seem to be going so well. ... I want to get back on the court as soon as possible to help my teammates."

The news of his absence arrived 30 minutes before the Nuggets hosted the Orlando Magic.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Nene and his family," Nuggets coach George Karl said in a statement.

Nene is averaging 6.4 in both points and rebounds this season.

tubby
01-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Does anyone know what's up with Nene? I guess he is having surgery today.

I have a theory but wondered if anyone actually knew.

BroncoAV06
01-15-2008, 03:33 PM
DENVER -- Doctors removed a tumor from Nuggets forward Nene Hilario, according to the player's Web site Tuesday.

The statement said the surgery was done Monday at a Denver hospital, but it did not indicate whether the tumor was cancerous or where it was located.

Nene's medical team will discuss what to do next after getting test results expected by the end of the week, the statement said.

Nene, who is from Brazil, took an indefinite leave of absence Friday. The team hasn't released any information about his condition.

Nene is averaging 6.4 points and 6.4 rebounds. He missed 22 games earlier this season after undergoing left thumb surgery.

He missed all but one game of the 2005-06 season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, and he missed 27 games the season before with a variety of ailments.

The Nuggets were scheduled to play the Hawks in Atlanta on Tuesday night after losing to the Bobcats 119-116 in Charlotte, N.C., on Monday.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Hope all is well Nene! Wish the best for your health and well being. I hope that you will be able to get back on the court someday.

Broncospsycho77
01-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Man, he just can't get healthy... that's a huge bummer.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-15-2008, 05:18 PM
If you go to the Denver Nuggets site, there is a place where you can send wishes to Nene. Just heard on am950thefan that the tumor was found in his testicles area, but not known yet whether it was cancer or not.

Watchthemiddle
01-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Its crazy how some players can go an entire 12,13,14 year career or longer and barely get a hang nail.

But then you have guys like Nene with all the talent in the world and one of the few that can hold Duncan in check out with injury after injury and now this. Its sad.

BroncoAV06
01-16-2008, 10:02 AM
http://www.nba.com/games/20080115/DENATL/recap.html Game Recap

The Nuggets can not give up 2 thirty point qtrs in the first half like they have in the last 2 games. It will result in a lose, back to back loses for the Nuggets. Shorthanded on the trip but it is hard to see the Nuggets just not even try and play defesne in the first half of games.

See how they rebound from this, still always behind that corner from good team to contender.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-17-2008, 02:16 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=84669

Nene's tumor benign, player's Web site says

DENVER (AP) - The testicular tumor removed from Denver Nuggets forward Nene was benign, according to a statement posted on his Web site Thursday.

The tumor was removed Monday at a Denver hospital.

The Web site says "The joint medical team handling Nene's health has just released the results of the biopsy," and that "exams show that the tumor is benign."

The statement says more information will be released later Thursday.

Nene took an indefinite leave of absence from the team last Friday.

There's no timetable for his return.

Stargazer
01-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Can we just get the trio of Nene, Kmart, and Camby healthy at one time? Man, I hope Nene can return by the All Star break.

Retired_Member_001
01-17-2008, 05:45 PM
I hope Nene gets better soon, the guy is a pretty good player.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-17-2008, 05:56 PM
I hope Nene gets better soon, the guy is a pretty good player.

Just heard a little while ago that it is now off his site that the tumor was benign. Not sure what that is all about, but definitely HOPE it is benign.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jan/17/nene-tumor-benign/

Nuggets await word on Nene
Associated Press
Originally published 09:15 a.m., January 17, 2008
Updated 01:58 p.m., January 17, 2008

Nuggets coach George Karl said today the team is still awaiting results of some medical tests after doctors removed a testicular tumor from Denver forward Nene.

The Brazilian player's Web site posted a statement today saying the tumor was benign, but the announcement was later removed.

"I don't think there's any question there's some positive energy, but I'm not going to interpret and analyze until we get all the information," Karl said at a workout before tonight's game against the Jazz.

He said the team would likely know more by early next week.

"I'm not going to play amateur doctor until I've got a lot more information than I have right now," said Karl, who has had surgery for prostate cancer.

A statement posted on the Web site and distributed by Nene's Brazilian publicist said, "According to reports presented by doctors, the exams show that the tumor is benign."

The publicist did not immediately return a call from The Associated Press.

Nene took an indefinite leave of absence last Friday. There is no timetable for his return.

Asked if the team has reason to be optimistic, center Marcus Camby said, "We hope so, for him as a teammate, as a friend and as a brother.

"Basketball is secondary right now. Even without being cancerous, he's still going to be out a significant amount of time."

Dr. Fernando J. Kim, who performed the surgery at Denver Health Medical Center, said earlier that a "right testicular mass was found incidentally and it was managed surgically."

The tumor was found last week in an exam by team physician Dr. Saurabh Mangalik.

Nene had said the tumor was found at an early stage.

"I want to thank my fans, my teammates, the Nuggets organization and everyone that's been supporting me," he said in a statement released before the tumor was found to be benign. "My victory will represent their victory as well."

Nene is averaging 6.4 points and 6.4 rebounds. He missed 22 games earlier this season after undergoing left thumb surgery. He was out for all but one game of the 2005-06 season after tearing a knee ligament, and he was sidelined for 27 games the season before with a variety of ailments.

BroncoAV06
01-18-2008, 03:04 AM
LK went off for 41 and 9 rebs as the Nuggets beat the Jazz 120-109. I am so bumbed that my DirecTV has been out this last week! Nuggets pushed the pace in this game and it paid off like it does. They get stuck to many times just watching AI and Melo dribble and put up shots. RUN! Karl wants them to but they just don't do it enough. AI and Melo will get theres, LK was running got some early baskets and exploded! AC will dish it out. Can not forget about Camby, had 24 rebs with 11 blocks!

MIN on saturday, potential for a trap game so they better come out and play.

MOtorboat
01-18-2008, 08:49 AM
LK went off for 41 and 9 rebs as the Nuggets beat the Jazz 120-109. I am so bumbed that my DirecTV has been out this last week! Nuggets pushed the pace in this game and it paid off like it does. They get stuck to many times just watching AI and Melo dribble and put up shots. RUN! Karl wants them to but they just don't do it enough. AI and Melo will get theres, LK was running got some early baskets and exploded! AC will dish it out. Can not forget about Camby, had 24 rebs with 11 blocks!

MIN on saturday, potential for a trap game so they better come out and play.

That's a big win...go Nuggies...

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/clapton_2/NuggetsSigFlat.jpg

Retired_Member_001
01-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Great win for us (Lakers).

I think the team played very well as a unit. Kobe didn't have to do all the work, he just made some amazing passes to set up his teammates, who were more than ready to step up. Nearly everyone had a good game, minus Walton.

It would be hard to choose a player of the game, possibly Fisher or Lamar or Kobe. The whole team (excluding Walton) had a very encouraging performance. I also feel that Turiaf had a great defensive performance.

DJ is going to be a good defensive player, I can feel it.

On to San Antonio for the Lakers!

I hope that Carmelo is alright by the way, that was one nasty injury.

Broncospsycho77
01-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Yuck, that was a nasty rolled ankle. Hate those things... Good luck to him. Team needs our golden duo for a good stretch before the All-Star Break. We need to bump past the Blazers and get a hot streak of our own going.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-22-2008, 07:28 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=84964

Biopsy on Nene's testicular tumor reveals cancer
posted by: Dan Boniface , Web Producer

DENVER – Officials announced Tuesday that a biopsy performed on the small testicular tumor removed from Nene on Jan. 14 revealed that it was malignant.

The Denver Nuggets say further tests results showed the cancer was isolated and did not spread.

The tumor was found in the very early stages and the Nuggets say the recovery rate is extremely high. Additionally, they say the odds of a recurrence are miniscule.

The Nuggets say Nene is recovering and doing well, however, no timeline has been set for his return.

Watchthemiddle
01-24-2008, 07:28 PM
:elefant::elefant:

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=85088

DENVER – 9NEWS has confirmed that both Carmelo Anthony and Allen Iverson of the Denver Nuggets will be announced as starters in the NBA All-Star Game Thursday night.

The Nuggets have not had a player start the All-Star Game since Alex English did it in 1989. The year before was the last time the Nuggets had two starters, when English and Lafayette Lever both got the honor.

Starters for the game will be officially announced by the NBA Thursday night.

This will be the first time Anthony has started in the game and his second overall All-Star appearance. It is the eighth time Iverson will start and the ninth time he has appeared at the game.

Anthony had been second in fan voting for forwards in the Western conference, but Iverson moved ahead of Tracy McGrady with the Houston Rockets to get the starting spot.

The game is scheduled for Feb. 17.

BroncoAV06
01-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Good to see AI and Melo getting in. AI numbers are up and I think that both deserve it. So many good forwards in the West.

Broncolingus
02-05-2008, 01:37 AM
Nice OT win by the puke-its tonight...if Utah's hasn't been as hot as they have Denver would be in 1st place in the NW right now...

BroncoAV06
02-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Puke-its, now that is a new one! Big win in Portland, was a game you usually see them lose late, great to see them hold on and they did get some help from Outlaw who missed a FT late that could of gave the Trailblazers a lead. Road win and the Nuggets will take it against a division foe.

Broncolingus
02-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Puke-its,

Old joke in the family back when the changed to the 'cube' uni's...agree, nice win against Portland.

Anyone else surprised how A.I.'s grown up since coming to Denver?

Broncospsycho77
02-05-2008, 03:53 PM
He knows it's Melo's team, for here and the future. I think the Philly press made him look worse than he was. AI's a hustler (in the literal sense, not the urban sense meaning "pimp"). All over the court at any given second, and great vision.

Broncolingus
02-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Crap...I thought the puke-it's would win that one in OT last night.

Would've been especially nice since it was against Utah too...

I really thought Anthony's jumper at the buzzer would fall...

Oh well...

Ricky
02-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Nice win for the Jazz. This division is going to go down to the last week.

Watchthemiddle
02-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Nuggets looking good through the 1st quarter..or shoudl I say Carmello looks good with 20 in the first period.

Watchthemiddle
02-09-2008, 01:00 AM
Win by 11...Melo an astounding 19-25 from the field, 7-7 from the line...

49 point night.

Watchthemiddle
02-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Good 1st quarter in Cleveland so far. 35 points in the 1st, Melo with 17.

MOtorboat
02-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Good 1st quarter in Cleveland so far. 35 points in the 1st, Melo with 17.

Yes Sir :D. Nuggets looked good. Might as well run and gun with these guys, because they can't keep up.

Broncospsycho77
02-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Melo is just lighting it up! He's been ridiculous the last few games.

And I love it.

*Knock on wood.

MOtorboat
02-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Melo is just lighting it up! He's been ridiculous the last few games.

And I love it.

*Knock on wood.

I've got my Melo jersey on tonight, and I wore it the other night too, apparently, unlike my Cutler jersey, this one is good luck.

Watchthemiddle
02-10-2008, 07:57 PM
I've got my Melo jersey on tonight, and I wore it the other night too, apparently, unlike my Cutler jersey, this one is good luck.

:beer::beer:

It really seems like AI and the team are finally starting to gell. A healthy Nene and consistent Martin would make this team sick.

Bronco9798
02-10-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm watching the Nuggets. Good thing they can score. Come playoffs they will make an early exit. Defense is pretty crucial come playoff time, for the most part.

Bronco9798
02-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Nuggets threw some points up there in the 1st half.

MOtorboat
02-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Nuggets threw some points up there in the 1st half.

That they did, but Cleveland is missing 4 of their top 7 scorers...

You're right, Denver has got to learn to play D...

Watchthemiddle
02-10-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm watching the Nuggets. Good thing they can score. Come playoffs they will make an early exit. Defense is pretty crucial come playoff time, for the most part.

It happens every year.

We have never had anyone to defend against the Spurs, or Suns...and now with the Lakers getting Gasol...its gonna be tough.

MOtorboat
02-10-2008, 08:34 PM
It happens every year.

We have never had anyone to defend against the Spurs, or Suns...and now with the Lakers getting Gasol...its gonna be tough.

We also have never had Camby/Nene/Martin healthy all at the same time. One of those, if not two of those contracts need to go.

Watchthemiddle
02-10-2008, 08:39 PM
We also have never had Camby/Nene/Martin healthy all at the same time. One of those, if not two of those contracts need to go.

Is this Nene's 3rd or 4th year? He has shown flashes of being a good player and can actually hold Duncan in check when healthy.

Martin hasn't been the same player here since coming over from Jersey.

MOtorboat
02-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Is this Nene's 3rd or 4th year? He has shown flashes of being a good player and can actually hold Duncan in check when healthy.

Martin hasn't been the same player here since coming over from Jersey.

Sixth season, actually...

DallasChief
02-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Carmello Anthony fights like a chick.

Watchthemiddle
02-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Sixth season, actually...

:eek::eek:

It sure doesn't seem like it. I guess thats what happens when you barely play 20 games a year.

Watchthemiddle
02-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Up by 26 at the end of 3.

I know the Cavs have a lot of injuries, but this is a good showing by the Nuggets regardless. How many times have we seen the Nuggets play these types of games to the wire and barely win or sometimes lose?

MOtorboat
02-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Up by 26 at the end of 3.

I know the Cavs have a lot of injuries, but this is a good showing by the Nuggets regardless. How many times have we seen the Nuggets play these types of games to the wire and barely win or sometimes lose?

Hey now, don't jinx 'em, I've seen them choke away plenty of leads...

BroncoAV06
02-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Nuggets have this one in hand. Word is the Nuggets aare seriously talking to the Kings for Artest, Kings want LK Nuggets do not want to give up LK! Don't give up LK, I agree with that. Got to keep some players for teh future.

Its what happens with players with so much potential quit often, good artical about how the injury bug bites players like that on ESPN. Will try and find it. No way can you jump on Nene this year. No doubt in my mind Nene has what it takes to be a dominate PF in the game, I hope he will be able to recover for his life and if basketball is a part of his future I will continue to cheer for him in a Nuggets uni or not.

Watchthemiddle
02-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Nuggets have this one in hand. Word is the Nuggets aare seriously talking to the Kings for Artest, Kings want LK Nuggets do not want to give up LK! Don't give up LK, I agree with that. Got to keep some players for teh future.

Its what happens with players with so much potential quit often, good artical about how the injury bug bites players like that on ESPN. Will try and find it. No way can you jump on Nene this year. No doubt in my mind Nene has what it takes to be a dominate PF in the game, I hope he will be able to recover for his life and if basketball is a part of his future I will continue to cheer for him in a Nuggets uni or not.

Would Artest's personality fit on this team?

I don't think it would.

Kleisa will be good for years to come. We need to keep him around.

Broncoschic7
02-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Denver is officially walkin all over Clevland,,whee !!

Watchthemiddle
02-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Denver is officially walkin all over Clevland,,whee !!

Anytime you see Von Wafer in the game, thats a good sign...:laugh:

Broncoschic7
02-10-2008, 09:24 PM
The last Nuggets game in Denver I went to was against the Utah Jazz. It's been a few years back.

MOtorboat
02-10-2008, 09:26 PM

Don't give up Kleiza! Don't Do it!

BroncoAV06
02-10-2008, 10:30 PM
I think Artest would fit in, he is one of the top defenders in the league and I think that is why the Nuggets are serious about him, he can match up aginst the Kobes etc.. He is not a scorer first which is why I think he could fit in if he wants to win. Artest brings an all around game. He has not been a problem since being in Sac-town but I think that teh Kings want more then the Nuggets are willing to give up which is why it is hard to see this deal go through unless they give up soem future picks which would not surprse me because enver is not a team that values draft picks since we are no longer inthe lottery.

Broncospsycho77
02-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Please. Please don't do it.

I love Kleiza. Give him some time, and he'll win 6th man of the year award. Or, he could switch positions if needed. But right now, I love the guy, and would do anything short of trade Melo to keep him here.

BroncoAV06
02-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Some rumors and trade scenarios for the upcoming days:

About a month ago, we told you how NBA executives believed Pau Gasol would be the next big name traded. They were as right on that as they were wrong on Shaquille O'Neal, whom many felt was among the NBA's most untradable players.

Well, many of those same folks are now saying that Ron Artest will be the next to go, with Jason Kidd coming in a distant second.

Why a distant second?

Because as they've shopped the disgruntled Kidd, the New Jersey Nets have been presented with offers that, if accepted, would leave the Popovich Commission in an uproar. (For those of you who missed it, San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich reacted to the Gasol trade by saying there should be a committee with the power to veto NBA trades that make no sense. Mark Cuban later seconded the motion.)

Further, Kidd's representatives are trying to steer him to one of his three preferred destinations: Dallas, Cleveland or the Los Angeles Lakers, and that is scaring off other teams with the goods to get him.

Artest, meanwhile, is being publicly melancholic over his potential departure from the Kings, who are trying to include Kenny Thomas in any Artest deal.

Sources told ESPN.com that talks between the Kings and Nuggets, first reported by the Sacramento Bee, involved a larger deal than has been reported. In addition to wanting to include Thomas in their outgoing package, the Kings were believed to be seeking Linas Kleiza and Nene.

There remains a chance the talks could be restarted, sources said, if Sacramento were to drop its asking price, but the most the Nuggets are currently willing to surrender is a package of Eduardo Najera and a first-round draft pick.

"If Artest opts out like everyone expects, you're basically talking about a rent-a-player deal," said one Western Conference executive familiar with the Nuggets-Kings talks.

[+] EnlargeAP Photo/Seth Wenig

As disappointing as Eddy Curry has been, he might have trade value.

Another source told ESPN.com that the New York Knicks made overtures recently indicating they were willing to trade centers Eddy Curry and Jerome James for Artest and Thomas, but the Kings were balking at taking on the remaining two years and $12.8 million owed to James.

"The whole point of trying to package Artest with Thomas (due $7.9 million next season and $8.6 million in 2009-10) is to clear cap space. The Kings don't want another guy (James) clogging their cap for two more years," the source said.

The Nuggets' willingness to give up this June's first-round draft pick will keep them a player in the Artest stakes, but it also could make the difference in their pursuit of Memphis point guard Kyle Lowry, who is being shopped by the Memphis Grizzlies.

Memphis also is fielding offers for Mike Miller but is trying to include little-used, heavily compensated forward Brian Cardinal (two years remaining at $6.3M and $6.75M) in any deal.

The Nuggets, Bulls, 76ers, Heat, Warriors and Nets are among the teams seeking to acquire Lowry, the 24th overall pick in 2006 who became expandable when the Grizzlies acquired Javaris Crittenton from the Lakers in the Gasol trade.

"The Grizzlies want to have at least three first-round picks this summer," the source said.

A few other situations that are impacting the trade market:

• Despite his denials, Sam Cassell would welcome a buyout from the Los Angeles Clippers, who would prefer to trade him. The Nuggets are in the mix here, too, but if Cassell gets a buyout, he will almost certainly join the Celtics.

• As hard as the Nets are trying to trade Kidd, they are devoting nearly as much attention to shopping Vince Carter. One prominent player agent, who did not want to be identified, said a Carter-Jermaine O'Neal swap -- with the Nets tossing in an additional piece -- would be the likeliest endgame if the Pacers are unable to find a preferable deal for a young prospect and expiring contracts.

• The Chicago Bulls are being described as "all over the map" in their trade talks. In addition to trying to move Ben Wallace, one source said the Bulls are now "as open as they've ever been" to trading Ben Gordon. Discussions recently broke down between the Bulls and Hornets over a deal that would have sent shooter Rasual Butler to Chicago.

Chris Sheridan covers the NBA for ESPN Insider. To e-mail Chris, click here.

Broncospsycho77
02-12-2008, 02:23 PM
We need a 3 point shooter. No Artest.

BroncoAV06
02-12-2008, 02:47 PM
We need a 3 point shooter. No Artest.

No we actually need defense. Melo has improved from behind the arch, AI can hit it, LK has 66 on the season. Miller and Lowery would be interesting because that deal would actually give us a player with future potential in Lowery to run the team.

We have players that can hit 3's, just not a pure shooter but there are not alot of those out there. Offense is not the concern, defense is why the Nuggets are mentioned with Artest, who with the problems he had in the past is still one of the best defenders in the game.

If Artest is just a rent a player you have to stay away from that deal. If their is a chance for 2-3 years and you can get around giving the Kings LK that deal is very intersting. But with Artest being able to opt out of his contract at the end of the year the Nuggets would only get something out of the deal if they won a championship this year. I think Artest wants to land in NY or something when he becomes a FA.

BroncoAV06
02-13-2008, 02:40 PM
J.R. hits 8 three's as the Nuggets overcome a 14 point half time deficit to beat the Heat in OT, 114-113. Team definitly needs to solve the first half problem, come crunch time when they are not playing a team that has won 1 game in the last 24 they will not overcome a 14 point lead much.

Broncolingus
02-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Would have liked to have seen the Puke-its pick up that win in Orlando last night...Camby never came close to matching Howard on the boards (gained the overall rebounding lead back too I think), but at least Denver stayed competitive through game vice that small letdown in the 3rd...

BroncoAV06
02-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Dwight Howrd is a freak of nature. Tough game a day after a close one with the Heat. All-star break, 32-20 record tied for 9th in the West with Houston and 4.5 back of the conference leading Hornets. It is going to be a heck of a 2nd half in the West. Lets see if the Nuggets can continue to build on the record and focus on defense for a whole game, limit the first half let downs, the offense is there. Team defense and rebounding, K-Mart getting stronger, Melo should be getting more double-doubles, AI doing what he does.

Broncospsycho77
02-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Yuck, that was a nasty loss yesterday. If Dwight Howard hadn't been pissed off, we could've gotten that one...

Denver Native (Carol)
02-15-2008, 03:48 PM
I am listening to some rumblings now on AM950TheFan in regards to people wanting the Nuggets to trade AI?????????? I for one, would not want that to happen.

Watchthemiddle
02-15-2008, 06:51 PM
I am listening to some rumblings now on AM950TheFan in regards to people wanting the Nuggets to trade AI?????????? I for one, would not want that to happen.

Me either...

He is the least of their problems.

All I know is I am tired of every year it coming down to either making the playoffs as the 8th seed or not making it.

Way too many stars on this team for that. Perhaps thats the problem.

BroncoAV06
02-20-2008, 01:21 AM
We beat Boston! They were 16-0 against the West and the Nuggets ended that! 124-118! Wish I could of watched this one.

broncosfanscott
02-20-2008, 03:12 AM
We beat Boston! They were 16-0 against the West and the Nuggets ended that! 124-118! Wish I could of watched this one.

I was surprised when I saw the score. I bet that was one sick game to watch with that final score and the fact that the Celtics are the best defensive team in the NBA.

MOtorboat
02-20-2008, 08:34 AM
Jackyl and Hyde...

Broncospsycho77
02-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Jackyl and Hyde...

Seriously. We can be top 3 in the West some days, and others we'll take the Miami Heat into overtime... most inconsistent team in the league IMO... but a win's a win.

BroncoAV06
02-22-2008, 02:19 PM
PORTLAND, Ore. -- The Portland Trail Blazers have acquired guard Von Wafer from the Denver Nuggets in exchange for guard Taurean Green.

Wafer, a three-year veteran, averaged 1.3 points, 0.5 rebounds, 0.2 assists and 4.3 minutes in 21 games with the Nuggets this season.

Green, a rookie, was selected by the Trail Blazers with the 52nd overall pick out of Florida.

He played in eight games for the Blazers this season, averaging 2.1 points in 5.5 minutes.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Well it is nothing major but it adds a young PG that the Nuggets can try to develope, Green rookie coming off 2 national championships with the Gators and Wafer just was not going to crack the rotation. I think that Green can learn alot from AC on how to push the tempo and run the team, but really can not look at this move like OMG, be patient adds youth to the roster.

BroncoAV06
02-23-2008, 12:12 AM
JR drops 43 and the Nuggets just continue to show that they can not defend. I am glad that LK is still here but Artest would have been a hell of a pick up. Bucks tomorrow.

Broncolingus
02-23-2008, 12:47 AM
JR drops 43 and the Nuggets just continue to show that they can not defend. I am glad that LK is still here but Artest would have been a hell of a pick up. Bucks tomorrow.

Loss pissed me off too...neither team played any defense and the Bulls couldn't miss the bucket tonight - 11/22 from 3-point land?

Watchthemiddle
02-23-2008, 03:31 AM

Typical Nuggets lose.

One guy goes off on the offensive side, others stand around and watch and then stand around and watch on defense.

BroncoAV06
02-23-2008, 03:43 AM
Have 4 players that have droped 40+ this year. Just need defense to go along with all the offense.

Watchthemiddle
02-23-2008, 03:45 AM
Have 4 players that have droped 40+ this year. Just need defense to go along with all the offense.

Who is the 4th??? :confused:

JR, AI, Melo...

BroncoAV06
02-23-2008, 04:28 AM
LK baby!

Broncospsycho77
02-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Kleiza, right?

BroncoAV06
02-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Yes sir.

Watchthemiddle
02-23-2008, 11:23 PM
Nuggets lose again.

Glad I watched Ten vs Memphis instead.

Escobar
02-23-2008, 11:25 PM
Nuggets lose again.

They lost? When i checked, they were up pretty big..:confused:

dogfish
02-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Nuggets lose again.

again??

sheesh, freakin' nugs. . . . :tsk:

it's been three-and-a-half years since i left denvre, and that damn team still hasn't made any kind of progress at all. . . . :mad:

maybe it's better that i don't get the NBA package any more. . . .

Escobar
02-24-2008, 01:07 AM
Redd Hits for 42 vs. Nuggets as Bucks Win Biggest Comeback of Season
Posted Feb 23 2008 11:59PM
Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up Share on Facebook

* Box Score
* Bucks Home
* Nuggets Home

Bucks 115, Nuggets 109 (F)
Michael Redd scored a season-high 42 points as the Bucks rallied from 23 points down to beat the Nuggets 115-109 on Saturday.
Gary Dineen/NBAE/Getty Images
Trailing by 23 in the first half, the Bucks polished off the Nuggets in the second for their biggest comeback win of the season.

Milwaukee 115, Denver 109

MILWAUKEE, Feb. 23 (AP) -- Michael Redd scored a season-high 42 points, including five free throws in the final 1:13, and the Milwaukee Bucks rallied from 23 points down to beat the Denver Nuggets 115-109 on Saturday night.

Mo Williams added 26 points, including 20 in the second half, for Milwaukee, which finished the game on a 23-10 run to deny Denver (33-22) its best 55-game start in 20 years.

Allen Iverson scored 26 points, and Carmelo Anthony added 25 for the Nuggets, which led by 23 in the second quarter, 64-50 at halftime and 99-92 with less than seven minutes remaining.

They couldn't hold off the Bucks, who made 13 of 14 free throws in the final 1:35 to seal the comeback and the victory.

The game was tied at 104 with 1:19 remaining when Redd made two free throws on back-to-back possessions to put Milwaukee up four. Williams made it 110-104 with two free throws with 31 seconds left.

Andrew Bogut had 12 points and a season-high 20 rebounds for Milwaukee.

J.R. Smith, coming off a career-best 43-point performance against Chicago on Friday, had 20 points for Denver.

Denver looked on its way to dominating Milwaukee in the first half, but the Bucks opened the third quarter on a 25-13 run behind 12 points by Williams to cut a 14-point halftime deficit to 77-75. Williams had 14 in the period and the Bucks outrebounded the Nuggets 17-3 in the third.

Milwaukee outrebounded the Nuggets 53-40 for the game.

Denver went up 93-84 early in the fourth quarter with a long jumper by Iverson, but the Bucks came back again as Redd made it 96-92 with a 3-pointer with less than 8 minutes left.

Eduardo Najera gave Denver some breathing room at 99-92 with a 3-pointer with 6:30 to play before Milwaukee used a 10-0 run to take a 102-99 lead on a putback by Bogut with 3:01 left.

Charlie Bell had given Milwaukee its first lead since early in the first quarter, 100-99, with a 3-pointer from the left corner with 3:35 remaining.

Denver had won nine of 10 games against the Bucks, including four straight in Milwaukee.

For as good as the Bucks looked in the second half, they looked just as bad in the first.

Milwaukee missed 12 of its first 15 shots as Denver went on a 16-0 first-quarter run.

The Nuggets had 17 fast-break points to Milwaukee's zero in the half and outrebounded the Bucks 30-24 before halftime. The Nuggets even had two first-half layups after rebounding its own missed free throws.

Redd's 26 first-half points kept Milwaukee in the game, even as the crowd booed on several occasions, saving its biggest applause of the first three quarters -- and a standing ovation -- for a group of senior citizen women dancers who performed "Soulja Boy" before the final period.

Anthony and Marcus Camby picked up separate technical fouls late in the second quarter for arguing with the officials. Smith also had a technical foul in the fourth quarter for arguing.

Notes: The Nuggets last started 34-21 in 1987-88. Denver's best 55-game start came in 1976-77, when the Nuggets began the year 36-19 under coach Larry Brown. ... Only three times this season has Anthony or Iverson not led the Nuggets in scoring. ... Smith's 43 points Friday were the most for a Denver non-starter.

Escobar
02-24-2008, 01:15 AM
i guess a specific nugget fan was too pissed to comment on it dogfish...

Watchthemiddle
02-24-2008, 01:36 AM
DId the Nuggets hire Bates to coach their D? Can't sustain a 23 point lead.

There must be something in our water. Broncos D sucked, couldn't sustain a lead, and the Nuggets are the same.

BroncoAV06
02-24-2008, 03:18 AM
It is really frustrating that a team that is 12 games over .500 has such a problem playing defense. That is all they should be working on. I wonder if Karl is just not getting through to them? K-Mart, AI, Melo, JR, LK, all offensive players and Camby can not gaurd 4 other people. Things definitly could be a lot worse, we could be the Nuggets that were in the lottery ever year. Really nothing left to say, have to work your ass off as is in the West and the Nuggets just have to keep climbing that hill!

Watchthemiddle
02-24-2008, 03:23 AM
It is really frustrating that a team that is 12 games over .500 has such a problem playing defense. That is all they should be working on. I wonder if Karl is just not getting through to them? K-Mart, AI, Melo, JR, LK, all offensive players and Camby can not gaurd 4 other people. Things definitly could be a lot worse, we could be the Nuggets that were in the lottery ever year. Really nothing left to say, have to work your ass off as is in the West and the Nuggets just have to keep climbing that hill!

Its also frustrating that if we were in the East, we would be one of the teams to beat. Being only 5 games out of first in the West would be phenominal in years past.

dogfish
03-02-2008, 10:41 PM
just finished watching the nugs game a little while ago-- their friggin' efense might be worse than the broncos. . .

:frusty: :frusty:

honestly, they're gonna have to officially change the city's name to enver soon. . . bums!

broncosfanscott
03-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Its also frustrating that if we were in the East, we would be one of the teams to beat. Being only 5 games out of first in the West would be phenominal in years past.

That is the unfortuante truth in the West. I mean Houston could lose two in a row after winning 15 straight and fall out of the playoffs. Well, those who make the playoffs will certainly be battle tested.

ChampWJ
03-03-2008, 12:08 AM
DId the Nuggets hire Bates to coach their D? Can't sustain a 23 point lead.

There must be something in our water. Broncos D sucked, couldn't sustain a lead, and the Nuggets are the same.

That's routine for them. Seems like every game I watch they blow several 10 or 15 point leads. Its pathetic they don't dominate teams when they're loaded like this.

Broncospsycho77
03-03-2008, 03:45 PM
It's angering. So full of talent, and so much points... but so little defense. AI runs all over the floor, but he's an old dog. Can't teach him to play D; never has and never will, but he's not the problem. Just lazy. Houston beat the Nugs all over the post, and were always first to the ball from the portion that I saw. Again, the most inconsistent team in the league.

Watchthemiddle
03-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Anyone watching Nugs vs Spurs??

MOtorboat
03-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Anyone watching Nugs vs Spurs??

Of course...Manu Ginobli can go **** himself.

dogfish
03-07-2008, 11:51 PM
i just got home, i'm gonna watch the second half. . . man, i hate the ******* spurs. . . .

Watchthemiddle
03-08-2008, 02:52 AM
Good win tonight. WOn that one going away against the Spurs.

Two solid wins, now lets see if we can do it at San Antonio.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Good win tonight. WOn that one going away against the Spurs.

Two solid wins, now lets see if we can do it at San Antonio.

GREAT win against the San Antonio cry babies. I could not believe their players and their coach spend so much time crying to the officials - either when they get called for a foul, or are lobbying for a foul - pretty embarrassing, if you ask me. Hope the Nuggets can win at Utah tonight, then on to San Antonio.

turftoad
03-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Lets hope the Nugs can keep it rolling. On the road now though vs a couple of good teams. Time to see what the Nugs are made of and how bad they want a playoff spot.

Ricky
03-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Utah has won 17 in a row at home. Nugs will have a tough time tonight

Denver Native (Carol)
03-08-2008, 02:04 PM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/mar/08/its-snap/

Inspired by Nene, Nuggets end Spurs streak

Nene returned to the bench Friday night, and it was emotional.

“I cried in the locker room after the game,” said Nene, the Nuggets forward who is recovering from testicular cancer and sat out on the bench (in street clothes) for the first time since he last played Jan. 7.

They were tears of joy because the Nuggets walloped San Antonio 109-96 at the Pepsi Center to stop the Spurs’ 11-game winning streak.

“It was inspirational, obviously,” Nuggets guard Allen Iverson said of having Nene on the bench. “It was just a good thing. It was a blessing. To be honest, we fed off that.”

Iverson sure did. He overcame a sprained right ring finger suffered late in the first half and led the Nuggets with 29 points.

Forward Carmelo Anthony added 25 points, 14 in the third quarter, when the Nuggets blew the game open. Forward Eduardo Najera had 19 points, tying his career high.

In the first quarter, Nene was shown on the Jumbotron and introduced. The fans cheered wildly.

“I’d like to thank everybody for their support,” Nene said. “You really find out who your friends are.”

Nene didn’t want to talk about his chances of playing again this season. But he said he might know more next week as he’s been working out the past three days.

“It was a scare,” Nene said of learning he has testicular cancer, which has a nearly 100 percent cure rate. “But, with my faith in God, I knew I’d get through it.”

Nene had chemotherapy Feb. 26. He said he was worn down at first, but is feeling much better.

Denver’s win Friday sure helped him feel better. After trailing 54-46 at halftime, the Nuggets outscored the Spurs in 34-19 in the third quarter and cruised to victory.

“It’s just because our backs are against the wall,” Iverson said of the Nuggets coming up big. “We know how serious it is in the West, and we know that, if we don’t get our act together, we know there’s a chance of not being in the playoffs. ... You look at the roster and the way this team is built, there’s no way we shouldn’t be in the playoffs.”

Iverson suffered his injury late in the second quarter when Spurs guard Tony Parker drove and the ball was lost and hit him on the finger.

X-rays at halftime were negative, and Iverson returned for the second half.

“It’s real sore now,” Iverson said after the game, saying “adrenaline” helped carry him through.

Iverson expects to play in tonight’s big game at Utah, which leads the Nuggets (37-24) by three games in the Northwest Division. Nuggets coach George Karl also expects he’ll play.

Anthony left the court in the final minute with a left knee contusion after hitting the floor. But he’s probable for tonight.

“I just banged it,” he said. “I’ll be all right. I need to learn how to dive on the floor.”

Perhaps the Nuggets wouldn’t mind seeing San Antonio (43-18) again in the playoffs, even though they have been ousted 4-1 in the first round two of the past three years. Denver won the home season series 2-0, marking the first season the Nuggets have swept the Spurs at home since winning 3-0 in 1988-89.

It didn’t look good when the Nuggets fell behind 52-41 late in the first half. But the Nuggets cut the deficit to eight at halftime and outscored the Spurs 63-42 in the second half.

“A couple of the coaches felt it might have been our best second half of the year,” Karl said.

In the second half, the Nuggets held guard Manu Ginobili to just seven of his 24 points and forward Tim Duncan to just nine of his 23.

The game featured the return of Nuggets guard Chucky Atkins, who played his first game since Jan. 11 sports hernia surgery. He played the first seven minutes of the second quarter and the final minute of the game, and went scoreless on 0-of-1 shooting.

But the big return belonged to Nene, who had been to several previous games and sat in a suite.

He said he has received well-wishes from around the NBA, including a card from all of Utah’s players signed and a call from Boston coach Doc Rivers.

“It was so crazy,” Nene said of his return to the bench. “It was just so emotional.”

His presence helped the Nuggets score one of their biggest wins this season.

ETC.: The Nuggets, who feature NBA shot-block leader Marcus Camby, surprisingly had no blocks. ... But Camby grabbed 13 rebounds. ... Because of his grandmother’s funeral today in Chicago, Nuggets center Steven Hunter missed Friday’s game and also will miss tonight’s before rejoining the team for Monday’s game at San Antonio.

NENE TO TRAVEL

Karl expects Nene to go on the Nuggets road trip that begins March 18 in Detroit, and travel the rest of the season with the team. But Karl said it’s still too early to say if Nene will play again this season, and no deadline has been established.

“I’m hopeful we can figure out how to get him on the court for him,’’ Karl said of Nene. “I think he has days he (wants to return) and days he doesn’t.’’

Karl said Nene, who had chemotherapy Feb. 26, has been in the gym the past three days working with weights and getting massages. Karl wanted Nene to go on this weekend’s trip, but he wants to wait.

“(Nene) seems in good spirits,’’ said center Marcus Camby.

ATKINS RETURNS

Nuggets guard Chucky Atkins, who had sports hernia surgery Jan. 11, returned Friday against San Antonio.

“I’m antsy period because I personally would like to see Chucky have a couple more practices,’’ Karl said before the game. “But he wants to go, and I respect that.’’

Atkins hadn’t played since Jan. 6. He said “it’s time to rock and roll.’’

HE SAID IT

“It’s time. I don’t understand the politics of the Hall of Fame. It’s time for that step to be made and the celebration to be had. He was a force.’’

--Karl, believing Nuggets assistant Adrian Dantley, a finalist for the seventh time in eight years, should be named April 7 to the Hall.

Broncospsycho77
03-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Chucky actually looked pretty good for the time he was on that I saw. His defense was surprisingly solid, much better than the rest of the team. It's a shame that the injury bug bit him, but he's still a key player in the upcoming seasons to the success of the franchise.

BroncoBJ
03-08-2008, 04:56 PM
That was a sweet win last night. It always feels good beating top teams like the Spurs. Hopefully they can beat Utah tonight. Winning 3 straight games vs the Suns, Spurs, and Utah would be pretty impressive. Hopefully its Denvers turn to have a 10 game winning streak. Damn sometimes I wish they were in the East :lol:

str8jacket
03-08-2008, 10:26 PM
That was a sweet win last night. It always feels good beating top teams like the Spurs. Hopefully they can beat Utah tonight. Winning 3 straight games vs the Suns, Spurs, and Utah would be pretty impressive. Hopefully its Denvers turn to have a 10 game winning streak. Damn sometimes I wish they were in the East :lol:

I wish all the time for once they would play consistently.

As of right now its Denver 54 Utah 83 with 9 minutes left in the 3rd.

str8jacket
03-08-2008, 10:41 PM
I think its safe to say that this AI/Melo experiment will not work with Karl. There is NO EXCUSE to be this up and down throughout the year with the talent we have.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-08-2008, 10:44 PM
I think its safe to say that this AI/Melo experiment will not work with Karl. There is NO EXCUSE to be this up and down throughout the year with the talent we have.

I would like to see AD the head coach next year.

MOtorboat
03-08-2008, 10:44 PM

I will say that there is no defense. I don't think it's Karl's fault. They want to run, I know, but the defense is atrocious. (I'm not watching tonight)

str8jacket
03-08-2008, 10:50 PM
I will say that there is no defense. I don't think it's Karl's fault. They want to run, I know, but the defense is atrocious. (I'm not watching tonight)

Alot of it has to do with motivation too.

Half the time Melo just looks disinterested.

It bothers the hell out of me.

Watchthemiddle
03-08-2008, 11:28 PM

I was, but turned it off when it was 91 - 64.

I know they have had a rough week, but atleast be competitive.

Escobar
03-08-2008, 11:30 PM
I would like to see AD the head coach next year.

who is ad?

Denver Native (Carol)
03-09-2008, 08:27 AM
who is ad?

Adrian Dantley

tubby
03-16-2008, 10:12 PM
The Nuggets are beating the shit out of the Sonics.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-16-2008, 10:23 PM
The Nuggets are beating the shit out of the Sonics.

Just a little bit - FINAL - 168 - 116 :elefant:

dogfish
03-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Just a little bit - FINAL - 168 - 116 :elefant:

are you serious, or is that a typo?

168?

BroncoBJ
03-17-2008, 12:24 AM
Damn the one game I missed they go nuts. :lol:
I wasn't near a TV and then all of a sudden I was like "Damn the Nuggets game" and I turned it on and was stunned when I saw the score.
Talk about an assbeating :lol:

Hopefully they have a great road trip coming up. :salute:

CoachChaz
03-17-2008, 07:17 AM
Too bad it won't get them into the playoffs.

Bronco9798
03-17-2008, 08:20 AM
Typical Nuggets, gave up 116 though...That won't get you anywhere.

MOtorboat
03-17-2008, 08:33 AM
are you serious, or is that a typo?

168?

Not a typo, but Seattle is pathetic...

*EDIT*Nuggets piss me off...still the No. 9 seed, and the No. 9 seed doesn't get to play come the end of April.

BroncoJoe
03-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Typical Nuggets, gave up 116 though...That won't get you anywhere.

Oh come on. Do you know how many possessions the Sonics had while the Nuggets were scoring 168? They're going to make a few baskets...

Colorado4Life
03-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Go Nuggets!

BroncoAV06
03-19-2008, 01:56 PM
425 points in 3 games and the Nuggets go 2-1! Its fun basketball but at the same time its not going to get them anywhere. Some defense will help, giving up 136 to Detriot is ridiculous. 2 games against the Warriors left are going to be big if the Nuggets keep pace.

BroncoJoe
03-19-2008, 01:57 PM
Must win game tonight, IMO. Thank God Golden State lost last night too.

Broncospsycho77
03-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Must win game tonight, IMO. Thank God Golden State lost last night too.

It's driving me insane that not only do you have to wait for the Denver score to go by on the Sportscenter ticker this morning, but wait then for Golden State. Started with cursing, but then finished with relief.

Escobar
03-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Lol, the east 8th place team is 29-38 LOL

The nuggets remind of the suns three years ago, they need to learn defense.

Broncospsycho77
03-19-2008, 04:29 PM

Actually, in terms of defensive efficiency, we're mediocre;somewhere in the middle. The Nugs just give up so many shots because Melo and AI will take a shot with 20 seconds left on the shot clock. It could be better, but it's not just the defense that's the problem.

BroncoBJ
03-19-2008, 05:03 PM

Yea the East makes me sick :lol:
Its scary how the season is almost over and the Nuggets are on the outside looking in right now. :(

BroncoJoe
03-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Nuggets are on the verge of a 50 win season. Who would have thunk it? And, to not make the playoffs? Wow.

Buff
03-19-2008, 08:40 PM
You can go ahead and stick a fork in the Nuggets after tonight... They're done.

BroncoBJ
03-19-2008, 08:42 PM
well that ****** sucked :(
Damn I hate sports.

str8jacket
03-19-2008, 08:46 PM
This is pathetic, just pathetic.

BroncoBJ
03-19-2008, 08:48 PM
If the Nuggets were in the East we would think we had a shot at winning a championship :lol:

Though were 0-2 vs the East in the last 2 days so maybe not. :coffee:

str8jacket
03-19-2008, 09:13 PM
If the Nuggets were in the East we would think we had a shot at winning a championship :lol:

Though were 0-2 vs the East in the last 2 days so maybe not. :coffee:

They just don't play any Defense. I wouldnt give em a shot even if they were in the East.

They play DOWN to the opponents level, I am convinced its coaching

Bronco9798
03-19-2008, 09:14 PM
In all reality, the Nuggets suck. They deserve no playoff spot.

MOtorboat
03-19-2008, 09:20 PM
In all reality, the Nuggets suck. They deserve no playoff spot.

You suck....but hey....we already knew that....:D

MOtorboat
03-19-2008, 09:21 PM
BTW, the Pacers are 27-41.

BroncoBJ
03-19-2008, 09:26 PM
They just don't play any Defense. I wouldnt give em a shot even if they were in the East.

They play DOWN to the opponents level, I am convinced its coaching

Yea I've noticed that a lot. They can beat the Suns and Spurs back to back and then They will lose to a team like Miami or something. :lol:

They need to score 100 just so the game is close. :coffee:
Its pretty disgusting. But at least if Denver was in the East they would be close to getting a playoff spot.

BroncoAV06
03-20-2008, 01:06 PM
Think AI might play his final season when it comes to that in Philly? So many years there. Well I think the fastbreak game will come to an end soon. Hard to say it with the team over .500 but I do think Karl could be on the hot seat, when he says they need to buckle down do they? No, and the list goes on. Fun seeing the scorers but at the same time did PHX ever get over teh hump? GS won 1 round but lost to a half court team.

Frustrating that with a winning record there is still all this bitterness towards the Nuggets, hey if they get in as the 8th seed who knows what could happen but that is starting to be a big IF with a team that lets games get away that they should have as we all pretty much know by now.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-27-2008, 10:26 PM
GREAT win for the Nuggets tonight :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Another GREAT win for the Nuggets tonight :salute:

Escobar
03-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Another GREAT win for the Nuggets tonight :salute:

Now they come to Phoenix. :elefant:

BroncoBJ
03-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Now they come to Phoenix. :elefant:

And then they'll have another great win there as well. :elefant:

Escobar
03-30-2008, 03:43 PM
And then they'll have another great win there as well. :elefant:

i would respond...but your team is not worth responding too.... :coffee:

Bronco9798
03-30-2008, 10:23 PM
Nuggets will make a quick exit if they make the playoffs. Funny how you can play 82 games, or whatever it is, and never improve your most glaring weakness that has killed you all year. It just amazes me that these guys don't say, "you know if we played a little harder on defense we might be in a position to do something come playoff time." If they even make the playoffs.

MOtorboat
03-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Nuggets will make a quick exit if they make the playoffs. Funny how you can play 82 games, or whatever it is, and never improve your most glaring weakness that has killed you all year. It just amazes me that these guys don't say, "you know if we played a little harder on defense we might be in a position to do something come playoff time." If they even make the playoffs.

A joke, coming from an Indiana fan.

Bronco9798
03-30-2008, 10:51 PM
A joke, coming from an Indiana fan.

No it's a joke that you throw something back that has no relevance in what was posted. Indiana is out of the playoff picture and basically sucks this year. The front office is a mess, O"neal is more of a hindrance than he's worth, and management lost control of the team. Indiana wasn't a discussion on this topic nor has it. It's a joke that you try to deflect what was posted and take it somewhere instead of talking about the issue at hand.

Whatever, keep deflecting.........

dogfish
03-31-2008, 09:44 PM
nugs up 39-25 at the end of the first quarter. . . . :werd:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-31-2008, 09:50 PM
nugs up 39-25 at the end of the first quarter. . . . :werd:

:elefant::elefant::elefant:

dogfish
03-31-2008, 10:10 PM
70-51 at the half. . .

r8rh8r
03-31-2008, 10:10 PM
Damn, Denver is opening up a can on Phoenix right now.

BroncoBJ
03-31-2008, 10:16 PM
Look at my pathetic team owning some Phoenix a$$ as usual. :elefant:

MOtorboat
03-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Where's Escobar?

BroncoBJ
03-31-2008, 10:27 PM
Where's Escobar?

Still way early. But if they were winning now I know he'd be on talking about how he is always right and yada yada yada :lol:

Funny kid that one is.

AlWilsonizKING
03-31-2008, 11:28 PM
What the heck happened? Rockin' the first half and the second half no O or D? No consistancy with the Nug's.

PEACE!!!

BroncoBJ
03-31-2008, 11:29 PM
Escobar should be showing up soon. As he always does.
Never here when thier losing and shows up when thier winning. :lol:

Escobar
03-31-2008, 11:41 PM

Escobar
03-31-2008, 11:41 PM
Damn, Denver is opening up a can on Phoenix right now.

They sure did.

Escobar
03-31-2008, 11:42 PM
Look at my pathetic team owning some Phoenix a$$ as usual. :elefant:

Your team is pathetic.

Escobar
Where's Escobar?

Right here, why? wheres your defense? Wheres your team ?? :coffee:

Escobar
What the heck happened? Rockin' the first half and the second half no O or D? No consistancy with the Nug's.

PEACE!!!

ah yes, finally a semi intelligent post.

BroncoBJ
03-31-2008, 11:43 PM
Your team is pathetic.

I know thier pathetic. I wouldn't have said they were pathetic if I didn't think they were.

:elefant:

Nice of you to stop by. :salute:

Escobar
03-31-2008, 11:44 PM
Escobar should be showing up soon. As he always does.
Never here when thier losing and shows up when thier winning. :lol:

You know me too well :laugh:

I only take my crow at playoff losses....when it counts ...not regular season games.......your team will soon upgrade ......i think haha

BroncoBJ
03-31-2008, 11:46 PM
I know how you think ;)

But we'll just go back to Denver and probably win the home game. So no sense getting too worked up over 1 game. It would have been nice to hang on to a 22 point lead. I figured we would make things interesting as always though. :elefant:

Broncospsycho77
04-01-2008, 05:24 PM
I know how you think ;)

But we'll just go back to Denver and probably win the home game. So no sense getting too worked up over 1 game. It would have been nice to hang on to a 22 point lead. I figured we would make things interesting as always though. :elefant:

We have a bad problem with that :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
04-01-2008, 10:40 PM
ANOTHER GREAT WIN :elefant::elefant::elefant:

BroncoBJ
04-02-2008, 03:40 AM
:elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

And no sign of Escobar :lol:
oh well... He will be back soon. :salute:

Escobar
04-02-2008, 11:26 AM
right here........:D

that was a great playoff win for you guys huh ? huh carol? another great win!!!! :elefant:

:lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
04-02-2008, 11:30 AM
right here........:D

that was a great playoff win for you guys huh ? huh carol? another great win!!!! :elefant:

ABSOLUTELY another great win. :elefant: With all of the crying your coach and players do - they could NOT affect the outcome - your team is starting to remind me of another crying team

dogfish
04-02-2008, 11:34 AM
ABSOLUTELY another great win. :elefant: With all of the crying your coach and players do - they could NOT affect the outcome - your team is starting to remind me of another crying team

mike d'antoni is the biggest crybaby in professional sports. . . .

Escobar
04-02-2008, 06:19 PM
mike d'antoni is the biggest crybaby in professional sports. . . .

hey, with all the bs calls you guys recieved.....how can you not complain?? Too bad we didn't have grant hill in either game....would of been a sweep......goodluck getting to the playoffs kids...im off with the big boys

dogfish
04-02-2008, 06:44 PM
hey, with all the bs calls you guys recieved.....how can you not complain?? Too bad we didn't have grant hill in either game....would of been a sweep......goodluck getting to the playoffs kids...im off with the big boys

i'm not talking about this little two game series, i'm just talking about in general-- d'antoni is a whiny little bitch! if i ever met him in person i'd smack that little smirk off his face in a heartbeat. . .

oh, and when's the last time the suns won a championship? yea, not exactly "the big boys". . . :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
04-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Big boys - huh - The bigger they are - the harder they fall :elefant:

Escobar
04-02-2008, 11:03 PM
i'm not talking about this little two game series, i'm just talking about in general-- d'antoni is a whiny little bitch! if i ever met him in person i'd smack that little smirk off his face in a heartbeat. . .

oh, and when's the last time the suns won a championship? yea, not exactly "the big boys". . . :lol:

when was the last time the nuggets were higher than an 8th seed? rofl....... :coffee:

Escobar
04-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Big boys - huh - The bigger they are - the harder they fall :elefant:

Yea....but nba is not a fist fight game.....unless your playing the pacers/kings :D:laugh:

dogfish
04-02-2008, 11:10 PM
when was the last time the nuggets were higher than an 8th seed? rofl....... :coffee:

when was the last time i tried to pass the nugs off as "big boys?"

nice evasion though. . .

Escobar
04-02-2008, 11:26 PM
when was the last time i tried to pass the nugs off as "big boys?"

nice evasion though. . .
get back to me on that one

AlWilsonizKING
04-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Just saw on the news that K. Mart is suspended for 1 game due to his face slap and technical foul during the last game against the Suns......I guess if you get 5 technical fouls in one season, each thereafter is a 1 game suspension......:mad::rolleyes:

PEACE!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
04-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Just saw on the news that K. Mart is suspended for 1 game due to his face slap and technical foul during the last game against the Suns......I guess if you get 5 technical fouls in one season, each thereafter is a 1 game suspension......:mad::rolleyes:

PEACE!!!

Yep - here is story - and did you notice - Shaq almost pulled Melo's left arm out of the socket - AND NO FOUL AT ALL?????

http://www.9news.com/sports/article.aspx?storyid=89308

NEW YORK (AP) - Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin was suspended for one game without pay Thursday for exceeding the flagrant foul points total with five.

Martin was assessed a flagrant foul/penalty one for striking Phoenix's Boris Diaw in the face Tuesday night in Denver's win over the Suns.

Martin now faces one-game suspensions for each additional flagrant foul.

AlWilsonizKING
04-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Yep - here is story - and did you notice - Shaq almost pulled Melo's left arm out of the socket - AND NO FOUL AT ALL????

I didn't see that one, but I did see him elbow (I forget the player) dude in the face and knock a couple of teeth loose and NO FOUL!!!

PEACE!!!

Colorado4Life
04-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Lets go Nuggets! I am really hoping that Dallas loses tonight, that would be great. We are certainly battling to make the playoffs and I think the Nuggets will be a force to be reckoned with if they can remain in the playoffs.

dogfish
04-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Lets go Nuggets! I am really hoping that Dallas loses tonight, that would be great. We are certainly battling to make the playoffs and I think the Nuggets will be a force to be reckoned with if they can remain in the playoffs.

well, dallas did lose tonight. . . . :elefant:

broncosfanscott
04-05-2008, 12:38 AM
well, dallas did lose tonight. . . . :elefant:

Good for you and me. :D

Colorado4Life
04-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Go Nuggets! :)

Broncospsycho77
04-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Denver Nuggets coach George Karl is frustrated by the NBA's suspension of Kenyon Martin for Saturday's game against Sacramento, expressing that the NBA has "picked on" the Nuggets when it comes to suspensions and league rulings.

Martin was called for a technical foul Tuesday when he smacked Phoenix's Boris Diaw on the face, but Thursday the league declared it was a flagrant foul, which pushed Martin over the limit for flagrant points earned in a season. The penalty is a one-game suspension, which will be served right in the heart of the playoff race.

"We get picked on," said Karl, whose team is in the eighth and final playoff game, a game ahead of Golden State. "I think there's a harder core judgment to our guys than to some other guys. Maybe we've earned that, I don't know."

Source: Denver Post

Escobar
04-05-2008, 10:52 PM
ANOTHER GREAT WIN - :elefant::elefant::elefant:

BroncoBJ
04-06-2008, 03:35 AM
You must be talking about our upcoming game vs the Sonics.
And I agree.
Another great win.

Escobar
04-06-2008, 10:58 PM
durant...........:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

BroncoBJ
04-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Yea Durant went nuts.
Tied it in Regulation.
Tied it in OT.
I could picture Denver coming back and having him hit a shot at the buzzer. :coffee:
I've always liked him but damn.... I hate watching great players when they play my team :lol:

Escobar
04-06-2008, 11:04 PM
You must be talking about our upcoming game vs the Sonics.
And I agree.
Another great win.

:elefant::elefant:

nuggets........thank you soooooooooooo much for losing ........you just knocked my suns in the playoffs despite losing today...........ahhh so great having the nuggets in the suns conference :elefant:

BroncoBJ
04-06-2008, 11:05 PM
your welcome.

Took you long enough to get to the REAL season though. I would have thought that as great as the Suns are they would have clinch a while ago.

Either way your welcome.

Escobar
04-06-2008, 11:06 PM
your welcome.

Took you long enough to get to the REAL season though. I would have thought that as great as the Suns are they would have clinch a while ago.

Either way your welcome.

i can tell your piss........lol your pathetic team will get it right soon

BroncoBJ
04-06-2008, 11:16 PM
:lol: @ being pissed.
Why would I be pissed? I love losing Escobar. I'd prefer we lose then win.
Of course.
I'm happy right now. :coffee:

But yea.. sometime we'll get our ish in gear. :salute:
Good thing we wont have to play the Kings and Sonics in the playoffs if we make it there.

topscribe
04-06-2008, 11:40 PM
i can tell your piss........lol your pathetic team will get it right soon

This is not the smack forum. Don't make the mistake of thinking it is.

-----

BroncoBJ
04-06-2008, 11:43 PM
:lol: Whats so bad about talking a little trash in a basketball thread?
No ones hurt over anything lol....

It should be okay :salute:

topscribe
04-06-2008, 11:57 PM

Not too bad so far.

Just don't want it to get any worse. ;)

-----

Escobar
04-07-2008, 01:34 AM

All the mods are eyeballing my every move to get me outta here...every little letter/word :rolleyes:

Escobar
04-07-2008, 01:35 AM
4mvp........LOL@ your comment on cp thing :elefant:

BroncoBJ
04-07-2008, 01:47 AM
All the mods are eyeballing my every move to get me outta here...every little letter/word :rolleyes:

:lol: Every little word. Just behave yourself you little pumpkin :elefant:

And figured you'd like that comment.

:elefant: lol

Bronco9798
04-07-2008, 07:08 AM
"Career nights from two people," Denver's Allen Iverson said. "You have two 30-point scorers and other guys doing what they did out there, what can you say? They were the better team tonight."

Umm,, Alan. Tell the guys and yourself to play a little D maybe, You scored 147 and got beat.

Colorado4Life
04-07-2008, 08:09 AM
That sucks we didn't get the job done but now we really have to get our act together if we want to hang onto the 8th seed. Golden State hung around with #1 for a while yesterday so it is possible to beat the Hornets.. Go Nuggets!

Broncospsycho77
04-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Yuck. The Nugs are just streaky. Playing perfect transition basketball one day, giving up 150 the next. Polar opposites; the true Dr. Jekyll-Mr. Hyde of the NBA.

Escobar
04-09-2008, 12:39 AM
Great Win - ....................lol

where are you

BroncoBJ
04-09-2008, 12:59 AM
:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

Great win :salute:

Now for the biggest game of the season vs the Warriors.

Escobar
04-09-2008, 01:33 AM
goodnight bj the dj :elefant::elefant:

BroncoBJ
04-09-2008, 01:48 AM
:lol: Escobar... You saw my new vid? :elefant:

And goodnight pimp :salute:

BroncoJoe
04-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Must win tonight. Hoping for a good game.

Not that the Nugs will do anything in the playoffs, but it's about the only time I watch the NBA.

BroncoBJ
04-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Well down by 13 early. I guess its better then being down by 13 late :coffee:

This is pretty much a must win. :(

AlWilsonizKING
04-10-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm posting in the thread so they'll do much better now.

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
04-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Told ya!!!

:salute:

PEACE!!!

BroncoBJ
04-10-2008, 07:58 PM
:lol: Thank you for joining the thread A.W.I.K :salute:

AlWilsonizKING
04-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Leadin' at the half! Way to go Nugs.

PEACE!!!

MOtorboat
04-10-2008, 09:18 PM
That tech on Smith was bullshit. Jackson slammed the ball after a foul and no call. That's bullshit.

BroncoBJ
04-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Yea that was a BS Call. Players show frustration a lot.
Hopefully they can hang on and win.
But no lead is safe with Denver. :(

BroncoJoe
04-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Funny how Escobar only posts when the nuggets lose. Hopefully we don't see him tomorrow!