PDA

View Full Version : Insane

CoachChaz
08-04-2009, 12:03 PM
I know football is religion in Texas and God knows it's hotter then hell, but I have to be up at 4:45 every morning now to get my son to morning practices that begin at 5:30. At what point do human lives and routines become unimportant for the satisfaction of football?

Dortoh
08-04-2009, 12:05 PM
http://www.occupationgifts.com/media/0555-life-begins-football-wh.jpg

CoachChaz
08-04-2009, 12:11 PM
I guess that's true, but damn...I have other kids and other responsibilities that have to be affected by this. I guess it's my fault for not keeping a wife

Dortoh
08-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Could you work something out with other parents and everyone kind of take a week or something?

CoachChaz
08-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Could you work something out with other parents and everyone kind of take a week or something?

I'll still have to get up and wake him every day, but there is a parents meeting tomorrow. Hopefully i can meet a few people to make arrangements with.

Sometimes it's beneficial when your kid isnt good at sports. This shit sucks.

Dortoh
08-04-2009, 01:10 PM
As a freshmen in highschool we practiced before classes around 6 I think. We lived 26 miles away and my father drove me everyday. FWIW I certainly appriciated his efforts.

girler
08-04-2009, 01:15 PM
I guess that's true, but damn...I have other kids and other responsibilities that have to be affected by this. I guess it's my fault for not keeping a wife

:laugh: who says a wife would want to get up that early? I don't even get up early to get my kids to their religion classes. :lol:

CoachChaz
08-04-2009, 01:16 PM
As a freshmen in highschool we practiced before classes around 6 I think. We lived 26 miles away and my father drove me everyday. FWIW I certainly appriciated his efforts.

Same situation I'm going through right now. But...the kid is a stud and I'll really enjoy watching him bash some skulls, so I guess the effort will be worth it in the end. It's just getting to that part that sucks.

frauschieze
08-04-2009, 01:50 PM
My dad used to get up every morning and take me to swim practice at 5:30 am for two years until I got my license and my car. I'm eternally grateful that he did. It was a great experience for me.

CoachChaz
08-04-2009, 01:53 PM
My dad used to get up every morning and take me to swim practice at 5:30 am for two years until I got my license and my car. I'm eternally grateful that he did. It was a great experience for me.

I guess I'm bitching for nothing. Just sucks and I need to vent. Like I said...watching his big ass play will be worth it in the end.

frauschieze
08-04-2009, 02:07 PM
I guess I'm bitching for nothing. Just sucks and I need to vent. Like I said...watching his big ass play will be worth it in the end.

No, no, bitch away. It sucks. But I'm betting it's going to mean the world to your son down the road. Hang in there.

Dortoh
08-04-2009, 02:34 PM

My dad bitched the whole time :laugh:

Then he sat in the stands and yelled his ass off my whole career :beer:

Actually got kicked out of one game for yelling at the refs. God I love my dad LMAO

NightTrainLayne
08-04-2009, 03:45 PM
I remember once in high school during two-a-days. We were supposed to be on the field ready to practice at 6:30 every morning. Our coach that was in charge of the laundry forgot to put all our stuff in the laundry after the previous evening's practice, and so we all had to sit around for like 30 minutes or so and wait for our clothes to dry.

Man we were all pissed. Coulda had another half hour of sleep, and instead we were just stuck sitting around the locker room. . . .then on top of that when we finally got out there, all the coaches were in a bad mood. Jerks.

Dortoh
08-04-2009, 03:49 PM
I remember once in high school during two-a-days. We were supposed to be on the field ready to practice at 6:30 every morning. Our coach that was in charge of the laundry forgot to put all our stuff in the laundry after the previous evening's practice, and so we all had to sit around for like 30 minutes or so and wait for our clothes to dry.

Man we were all pissed. Coulda had another half hour of sleep, and instead we were just stuck sitting around the locker room. . . .then on top of that when we finally got out there, all the coaches were in a bad mood. Jerks.

Was your high school coachs name McD by any chance :laugh:

I kid I kid

Flatinum
08-04-2009, 05:36 PM
I know football is religion in Texas and God knows it's hotter then hell, but I have to be up at 4:45 every morning now to get my son to morning practices that begin at 5:30. At what point do human lives and routines become unimportant for the satisfaction of football?

Good job Coach, it's ok to bitch considering. I do the same with my 6 year old for hockey, it's not every morning but it's still out the door by 5:30am for his 6am practices a few times a week from October to April. You chose to have kids and now you're doing your best to make them good people. He'll thank you for it down the road.

Like one of my t-shirts says - "Football is life, the rest is just details".

CoachChaz
08-05-2009, 07:12 AM
Good job Coach, it's ok to bitch considering. I do the same with my 6 year old for hockey, it's not every morning but it's still out the door by 5:30am for his 6am practices a few times a week from October to April. You chose to have kids and now you're doing your best to make them good people. He'll thank you for it down the road.

Like one of my t-shirts says - "Football is life, the rest is just details".

I have the same shirt...except mine says baseball. But even playing on 2 state championship teams and at a major college...I cant say I ever had a practice before 7am. Like I said...it will be worth it just watching him grow into the next 5-tech DE to play for Texas A&M and then the Broncos;)

Overtime
08-09-2009, 02:54 PM
I'll still have to get up and wake him every day, but there is a parents meeting tomorrow. Hopefully i can meet a few people to make arrangements with.

Sometimes it's beneficial when your kid isnt good at sports. This shit sucks.

ok I know you gotta be up early to take him, but I fail to see why it's your responsibility to wake him up. If he wants to play football, then it's his responsibility to set his alarm clock, and get himself out of bed on time so he can be ready to go when you get up.

just an observation.

West
09-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Its worth it. Most of those kids will never play a down of football after high school. They may hate it now but a year or two after high school, they're gonna look back and say "Damn, I wish I would have worked harder". Trust me. They will think about high school football everyday of their lives.

horsepig
09-27-2009, 08:24 PM
My Dad helped me load horses on an old (56) Chevy 3 1/2 ton truck to go to little kid ropings.

The old man was the best, ever! I wasn't spoiled at all, I healed for brandings when i was 6-7 tears old.

Unfortunately, jhe died just after my eighth birthday. I still miss the hell out of him. By the way he was a stud RB and DB in old time HS football. I became a pretty fair country CB and RB myself.

horsepig
09-27-2009, 08:29 PM
I think about the Old Man every day. I do not have any sons, but I hope I've helped several kids develop their interests in sports and education. Reading is one of the greatest things we can experience, every kid deserves to be literate. Sorry for venting a little. Our schools need help from all of us.