Jeremiah Johnson RB

Greg Orton WR

Sealver Siliga NT

Wayne Tribue G

I think that leaves one empty slot.

Sent from my Android Xoom using Forum Runner

Softskull
09-01-2012, 01:13 PM
I hoped Gerell Robinson and Adam Webber would make the PS.

Ziggy
09-01-2012, 01:18 PM
No reason to put Weber on it if we're keeping Hanie. I'd love to see Robinson on that list as well.

Tned
09-01-2012, 01:28 PM
I hoped Gerell Robinson and Adam Webber would make the PS.

Klis is saying Weber well have better practice squad offers from teams where it would be easier for him to later get promoted to 53 man roster.

MileHighCrew
09-01-2012, 01:31 PM
I would have liked to see Webber too. Wish the kid the best, I thought I played well in limited chances

jhildebrand
09-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Gerell Robinson should be on that list.

Northman
09-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Good to see JJ back.

broncofaninfla
09-01-2012, 02:18 PM
I wish the Best for Weber. I thought the kid outplayed every QB not named Manning in his limited play this preseason.

Tned
09-01-2012, 04:21 PM
I wish the Best for Weber. I thought the kid outplayed every QB not named Manning in his limited play this preseason.

Weber to Tampa Bay practice squad.

Joel
09-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Good to see JJ back.
Too bad about Weber, but I'm glad we got to keep Johnson in some capacity, 'cos I really liked the little we saw of him last year. I don't get why the coaches are so high on Ball when Johnson brought all the same things to the table last year but with a higher average and less fumbles. Granted, he had far less carries but given a choice between:

Johnsons 14 attempts for 77 yds (5.5) and 0 fumbles, plus 7 receptions for 62 yards (8.9) vs. Balls 96 attempts for 402 yds (4.2,) 1 TD and 2 fumbles, plus 16 receptions for 148 yds (9.3) and 1 TD, I'll take the first.

No scores for Johnson, but give him Balls 112 touches instead of 21 and I guarantee that'll change. I remember Balls only game with a rushing TD anyway, and since he also had a fumble and missed block that each gave the Pats the ball on a short field from whence they scored easy TDs, I would've rather just played Johnson all day. Oh, well; there's a reason they're coaches and I'm a spectator.

Canmore
09-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Too bad about Weber, but I'm glad we got to keep Johnson in some capacity, 'cos I really liked the little we saw of him last year. I don't get why the coaches are so high on Ball when Johnson brought all the same things to the table last year but with a higher average and less fumbles. Granted, he had far less carries but given a choice between:

Johnsons 14 attempts for 77 yds (5.5) and 0 fumbles, plus 7 receptions for 62 yards (8.9) vs. Balls 96 attempts for 402 yds (4.2,) 1 TD and 2 fumbles, plus 16 receptions for 148 yds (9.3) and 1 TD, I'll take the first.

No scores for Johnson, but give him Balls 112 touches instead of 21 and I guarantee that'll change. I remember Balls only game with a rushing TD anyway, and since he also had a fumble and missed block that each gave the Pats the ball on a short field from whence they scored easy TDs, I would've rather just played Johnson all day. Oh, well; there's a reason they're coaches and I'm a spectator.

I am also a fan of JJ. Maybe it's because the Oregon Ducks are the only college team I follow. I like his speed. He plays fast. I figured he was going to be the odd man out though. Glad he is on the practice squad.

Superchop 7
09-01-2012, 08:27 PM
The discussion "should I keep my Ball or my Johnson" is brought. to you by Trojan.

Dzone
09-01-2012, 11:54 PM
With ESPN magazine and Sports Illustrated both picking the Broncos for the Super Bowl, we dont need to sign any more players. We are ready as is. Bring on Pittsburgh. Its going to be a rout

sneakers
09-02-2012, 12:44 AM
I think I should start a "bump until Henie is cut thread"

LTC Pain
09-02-2012, 08:41 AM
So, who is going to take the 8th spot on the Broncos' PS??? I'm hoping for O-line depth!

FlyByU
09-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Glad to see Jeremiah "Mountain-Man" Johnson on the PS. Really wish they had kept Weber IMO he looked better then OZ out there and possibly even Hanie. Well I hope he gets a chance to make it on a team elsewhere.

Tned
09-02-2012, 06:05 PM
And the eighth spot:

RT @PostBroncos Blog: Broncos plan to add rookie C Quintin Saulsberry to practice squad http://t.co/Feceaksr #broncos

Softskull
09-02-2012, 07:05 PM
And the eighth spot:

RT @PostBroncos Blog: Broncos plan to add rookie C Quintin Saulsberry to practice squad http://t.co/Feceaksr #broncos

That's not a bad signing and it certainly a position of need.

LTC Pain
09-02-2012, 08:52 PM

What's the story on this guy? Never heard of him.

Rick
09-02-2012, 09:00 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/quentin-saulsberry?id=2532944

pnbronco
09-02-2012, 09:25 PM

I agree it's a position that we are really thin on.

Ziggy
09-02-2012, 11:16 PM
And the eighth spot:

That makes 5 backup interior lineman on the roster and practice squad. It's good to see that Elway can see the weakness in the middle of the offensive line and is beginning to adress it.

Dean
09-03-2012, 12:16 PM
When the left guard has to double team with the center almost every play it is not exactly Mensa quality thinking to recognize that our interior is weak. However, at least they are making an attempt to minimize the shortcomings there. I hope they are willing to invest in free agency or draft picks next year to upgrade the position.

Joel
09-03-2012, 04:51 PM
When the left guard has to double team with the center almost every play it is not exactly Mensa quality thinking to recognize that our interior is weak. However, at least they are making an attempt to minimize the shortcomings there. I hope they are willing to invest in free agency or draft picks next year to upgrade the position.
Agreed; adding interior linemen is a long overdue necessity, but adding lots of backups when we have NO starters worthy of the name isn't too reassuring. I'll be thrilled to get Kupes back, and hear his backup isn't horrible, but Beadles and Walton are, so unless one of these new backups is good enough to take the starting job from him they haven't improved anything.

Ziggy
09-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Agreed; adding interior linemen is a long overdue necessity, but adding lots of backups when we have NO starters worthy of the name isn't too reassuring. I'll be thrilled to get Kupes back, and hear his backup isn't horrible, but Beadles and Walton are, so unless one of these new backups is good enough to take the starting job from him they haven't improved anything.

If you've noticed that Beadles has to have Walton help him on every play then you've noticed that Manny Ramirez is more than holding his own in one on one blocking. I'm hoping that when Kuper gets back they slide Manny over to LG and kill 2 birds with one stone.