PDA

View Full Version : Broncos players appear on HOF nominee list

Skinny
10-31-2007, 08:13 AM
Oct 31, 2007

Several former Denver Broncos players are on the preliminary list of nominees for the 2008 Hall of Fame.

Former Denver Broncos players Terrell Davis, Gary Zimmerman, Karl Mecklenberg and Steve Atwater are among a list of 124 modern-era players, coaches, and contributors who make up the preliminary list of nominees for election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2008.
From this preliminary list of modern-era nominees, Hall of Fame selectors will choose 25 candidates who will advance as semifinalist nominees. The list of 25 modern-era semifinalists will be announced later next month.

The 25 modern-era semifinalists list will be reduced by a mail ballot to 15 modern-era finalists.

The final list for Hall of Fame consideration will consist of those 15 modern-era nominees plus two previously announced senior nominees, Marshall Goldberg and Emmitt Thomas.

The Class of 2008 will be selected from the list of 17 finalists (15 modern-era and two senior nominees). The actual voting will be conducted at the Hall of Fame Selection Committee’s annual meeting, which will be held on Saturday, February 2, 2008, in Phoenix, Arizona, the day before Super Bowl XLII. The election results will be announced immediately after the meeting at a press conference in the media headquarters. While there is no set number for any class of enshrinees, the ground rules provide that between four and seven new members will be selected.

http://den.scout.com/2/696461.html?refid=400

anton...
10-31-2007, 08:37 AM
thats good news...

but somehow i dont see any of them making it...

:mad:
________
I VAPORIZER (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

Denver Native (Carol)
11-01-2007, 10:26 AM
thats good news...

but somehow i dont see any of them making it...

:mad:

I agree. Any one of them are deserving, but we all know what has happened for years.

cpr940
11-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Oct 31, 2007

Several former Denver Broncos players are on the preliminary list of nominees for the 2008 Hall of Fame.

Former Denver Broncos players Terrell Davis, Gary Zimmerman, Karl Mecklenberg and Steve Atwater are among a list of 124 modern-era players, coaches, and contributors who make up the preliminary list of nominees for election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2008.
From this preliminary list of modern-era nominees, Hall of Fame selectors will choose 25 candidates who will advance as semifinalist nominees. The list of 25 modern-era semifinalists will be announced later next month.

The 25 modern-era semifinalists list will be reduced by a mail ballot to 15 modern-era finalists.

The final list for Hall of Fame consideration will consist of those 15 modern-era nominees plus two previously announced senior nominees, Marshall Goldberg and Emmitt Thomas.

The Class of 2008 will be selected from the list of 17 finalists (15 modern-era and two senior nominees). The actual voting will be conducted at the Hall of Fame Selection Committee’s annual meeting, which will be held on Saturday, February 2, 2008, in Phoenix, Arizona, the day before Super Bowl XLII. The election results will be announced immediately after the meeting at a press conference in the media headquarters. While there is no set number for any class of enshrinees, the ground rules provide that between four and seven new members will be selected.

http://den.scout.com/2/696461.html?refid=400

All are borderline with Zimmerman and Atwater holding the highest esteem among their peers during their playing days. Mecks was better than most realize, but I am not sure he is HOF worthy. He was incredible versatile, though. He lined up in all front 7 positions at least once in his career. And 6 pro bowls for a college walk on and a 12th round draft choice is impressive. Davis was great for a while, but like Mecks, I have zero belief that enough votes exist to get him in. I am not sure that he is 100% a worthy candidate.

dogfish
11-01-2007, 12:08 PM
WTH? gradishar isn't even making the ballot any more??

jhns
11-01-2007, 12:32 PM
I don't think the Broncos get anyone in until next(?) year when Sharpe is on the ballot.

Lonestar
11-02-2007, 10:27 AM
does anyone have link to the entire list?

champbronc2
11-02-2007, 10:31 AM
I don't think the Broncos get anyone in until next(?) year when Sharpe is on the ballot.

Yeah, Sharpe will make it for sure. (The HOF not just the ballot)

Den21vsBal19
11-02-2007, 11:05 AM
All are borderline with Zimmerman and Atwater holding the highest esteem among their peers during their playing days. Mecks was better than most realize, but I am not sure he is HOF worthy. He was incredible versatile, though. He lined up in all front 7 positions at least once in his career. And 6 pro bowls for a college walk on and a 12th round draft choice is impressive. Davis was great for a while, but like Mecks, I have zero belief that enough votes exist to get him in. I am not sure that he is 100% a worthy candidate.
Ya know, one thing that may help TD is that he probably knows a lot of the guys that will be voting on this through his media work.................

I very much doubt he'll get in first time, but despite his short career, his post season numbers alone deserve recognition...............

Skinny
11-02-2007, 11:35 AM
does anyone have link to the entire list?

http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/story.jsp?story_id=2583

Lonestar
11-02-2007, 12:01 PM
http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/story.jsp?story_id=2583

Thanks I do not see any of our guys getting in this year maybe a couple on the next list but beyond that NADA..

Cris Carter
Tony Boselli
Fred Dean
Darrell Green
Ray Guy
Levon Kirkland
Art Monk
Herman Moore
Andre Reed
Paul Tagliabue
Derrick Thomas
Gary Zimmerman
last but not least TD

REd is a lock

Yellow a maybe

The Glue Factory
11-02-2007, 01:30 PM
WTH? gradishar isn't even making the ballot any more??

He's in the senior pool. The list provided is modern era.

bengaaaaals1688
11-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Don't worry guys... Ken Anderson and Ken Riley won't make it either.:tsk:

BaiLeY324
11-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Only Broncos I see getting in within the next 30 years are...
Champ
Shanahan
Elam
Sharpe
Maybe Davis

That's if they're generous.

dogfish
11-02-2007, 02:09 PM
He's in the senior pool. The list provided is modern era.

ahhh, thanks-- i didn't realize they went to senior that quickly. . .

eessydo
11-02-2007, 04:13 PM
I always thought Louis Wright should have been on that list.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/WrigLo00.htm

Krugan
11-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Gotta hope one of our guys gets the nod, but if not, Art Monk needs to be in before Chris Carter.

Thats just my opinion though, still can believe Captain Cocaine got in before Monk...

dogfish
11-02-2007, 11:51 PM
Gotta hope one of our guys gets the nod, but if not, Art Monk needs to be in before Chris Carter.

Thats just my opinion though, still can believe Captain Cocaine got in before Monk...

gotta disagree there. . . monk was an excellent receiver, but chris carter is either second or third behind jerry rice in all of the most important all-time receiving stats. . .

Lonestar
11-02-2007, 11:57 PM
gotta disagree there. . . monk was an excellent receiver, but chris carter is either second or third behind jerry rice in all of the most important all-time receiving stats. . .

your correct enough though he is a druggie he deserves being there.