PDA

View Full Version : stop chrome from dragging my tabs into new windows

sneakers
08-31-2012, 12:14 AM
I am clicking back and forth on my tabs on chrome, and every other minute, i accidentally drag a tab downwards and it opens in a new browser window....anyone know how to stop this? (or better question is, does anyone know what i am talking about? hahaha)

Timmy!
08-31-2012, 12:18 AM
Get Firefox. /thread.

BigDaddyBronco
08-31-2012, 07:04 AM
From Rex - Take your computer outside, get a big can of gasoline, pour it on your computer, light it on fire, then take the smouldering remains and put it in a box, put the box in your car, drive out on the freeway, push your box out of the car at 80 mph.

Post never.

Tned
08-31-2012, 07:14 AM
I am clicking back and forth on my tabs on chrome, and every other minute, i accidentally drag a tab downwards and it opens in a new browser window....anyone know how to stop this? (or better question is, does anyone know what i am talking about? hahaha)

If you click on a Chrome tab and drag it up or down, or all the way to the left or right, it will pull that tab out into a new window. So, rather than just clicking on the tab, you are somehow clicking & dragging the tab up or down, or the like.

If you are using a laptop with a touchpad with the "tap to click" feature enabled, you could be clicking & dragging without realizing it. It's much tougher to do by accident with a mouse.

Regardless, you can see what you are doing by just doing it on purpose. Click on a tab, keep the button down, and drag it down, and it will pop out into its own window.

CrazyHorse
09-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Download Opera web browser.

BroncoNut
09-05-2012, 08:26 AM
no. do it yourself