PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos on hunt for the "absolute best 53" before roster cuts

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Through the years, Rod Smith has given a speech to many an NFL hopeful. It's the one about opportunity knocking, just not at everybody's house.

"I always told guys, you can be inside the walls, working, playing, doing everything you can do to be in the NFL," Smith said. "Or you can be outside, wondering what happened. That's it. There's no middle.

"And there are always way more guys who want the job than can do the job. That's why they cut more guys than they keep, and why, every day, you should be doing whatever you can so they keep you."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21431272/broncos-hunt-absolute-best-53

Chef Zambini
08-30-2012, 02:30 PM
if they are GENUINE about the best 53, they should dump haine emmediatly and bring in vince young.

silkamilkamonico
08-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Vince Young basically got beat out for Tarvis Jackson without an audition. Dude would be the 5th best QB on our roster.

Chef Zambini
08-30-2012, 02:37 PM
... and guys like ayers and moreno have had 3 years to show they deserve a roster spot and they remain big question marks!
I would hate to cut somebody to give these kinds of guys another chance to be mediocre a best !

Chef Zambini
08-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Vince Young basically got beat out for Tarvis Jackson without an audition. Dude would be the 5th best QB on our roster.hey want tavaris to run some wildcat in pracice as well as on the field come gameday.
hey have Oline issues, hey want a QB with mobility if TB goes down! BB is ALWAYS ahead of the curve, he gave up a bishop for a knight, stay tuned.

Chef Zambini
08-30-2012, 02:41 PM
you think HAINE is beter than VY?

underrated29
08-30-2012, 02:50 PM
hey want tavaris to run some wildcat in pracice as well as on the field come gameday.
hey have Oline issues, hey want a QB with mobility if TB goes down! BB is ALWAYS ahead of the curve, he gave up a bishop for a knight, stay tuned.

What the hell are you saying?

BroncoJoe
08-30-2012, 02:55 PM

Zam is an acquired taste. Sometimes better left alone.

Northman
08-30-2012, 03:02 PM

In English.

8ula089023j5 09sgjp ajl99023 0903sjlivhale 89283kjlask

Thnikkaman
08-30-2012, 03:02 PM

Vince Young peaked in College, couldn't put in the hard work to meet the lofty expectations that people had for him. Nobody should sign Vince Young.

Northman
08-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Vince Young is a sad robot.

Ravage!!!
08-30-2012, 03:30 PM
if they are GENUINE about the best 53, they should dump haine emmediatly and bring in vince young.

Holy crap. Did you really just suggest Vince Young??? Helllll no! That guy just got dumped by his THIRD team. He's bad. He's really bad. He's Tim Tebow bad.

Ravage!!!
08-30-2012, 03:33 PM

Yes. At this point.... abso-effing-lutely. Young sucks ...bad.

As proof.... I bring you silky. Silk had been defending VY for years (think how vandy is still defending Tebow...like), and is now saying he would be the 5th best on the roster. If silk can say this about VY, then I would think ANYONE can see this about VY

NightTerror218
08-30-2012, 04:57 PM
... and guys like ayers and moreno have had 3 years to show they deserve a roster spot and they remain big question marks!
I would hate to cut somebody to give these kinds of guys another chance to be mediocre a best !

the problem with your argument is that Ayers can produce...Moreno can produce as a 3rd down back as well. VY will sit and do jack besides eat some millions from us. Not to mention VY SUCKS!!!!!!!

silkamilkamonico
08-30-2012, 05:14 PM
As proof.... I bring you silky. Silk had been defending VY for years (think how vandy is still defending Tebow...like), and is now saying he would be the 5th best on the roster. If silk can say this about VY, then I would think ANYONE can see this about VY

Touche

I'm not even going to bring up Hanie because that should be obvious. I would honestly choose Weber and Brock (even at this point in his learning curve) ahead of VY. They can at least run something that resembles an NFL offense.

Chef Zambini
08-30-2012, 05:21 PM
I wached VY in his last PS game, he looked a whole lot bettere than wha I saw from haine.
anyway the important part is dumping haine, not necessarily aquiring VY !
hell the cards are desperate, VY could start for them !

Dzone
08-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Vince Young is slightly worse than Jawalrus Russell.

Ravage!!!
08-30-2012, 05:38 PM
I wached VY in his last PS game, he looked a whole lot bettere than wha I saw from haine.
anyway the important part is dumping haine, not necessarily aquiring VY !
hell the cards are desperate, VY could start for them !

No, he couldn't. VY is terrible.. .MUCH worse than Kolbe or Skelton. If he was any good, they would have brought him in after he was dumped by the Eagles.

Nomad
08-30-2012, 05:42 PM
LOL....Vince Young is the topic of the BRONCOS 'absolute best 53'. I don't want VY anywhere near a BRONCOS uniform.

MOtorboat
08-30-2012, 06:07 PM

For ****'s sake.

topscribe
08-30-2012, 06:52 PM
What difference would that make? There is only one QB in the world who is
presently available to the Broncos, who could lead the Broncos anywhere.
We know who that is.

Personally, I would rather they dispense with Hanie altogether and go with two
QBs (and possibly Weber on the PS). If Peyton goes down, who can pick up
the gauntlet? Who, for pity's sake?

Peyton is the present. Osweiler is the future. There is no one else. So why
worry about it at all? If Peyton goes down, give Brock the experience because
that will be all that's left of the season.

Rick
08-30-2012, 07:05 PM
hey want tavaris to run some wildcat in pracice as well as on the field come gameday.

I am confused...

If this was the intention why would they bring Jackson in for that if they already have Young who could do that...

Rick
08-30-2012, 07:08 PM
I am even more confused...what does Tom Brady have to do with Buffalo?

FlyByU
08-31-2012, 10:09 AM
Weber looks good every time I see him play why is he so far down the list of QB's?

Northman
08-31-2012, 10:29 AM
Weber looks good every time I see him play why is he so far down the list of QB's?

To be fair, its not hard to look good against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Unless your Hanie of course.

Chef Zambini
08-31-2012, 01:25 PM
I hink omar bolden earned his roster spot last night !

Chef Zambini
08-31-2012, 01:29 PM
I am even more confused...what does Tom Brady have to do with Buffalo?he goes there for wings, I go there for my dislexia and alzheimers review!
my bad!
TJ offers youth and mobility and at the very least awildcat QB for the defense to practice against,
or to utilize! same forward thinking for the bills or THE BILL.

Chef Zambini
08-31-2012, 01:37 PM
What difference would that make? There is only one QB in the world who is
presently available to the Broncos, who could lead the Broncos anywhere.
We know who that is.

Personally, I would rather they dispense with Hanie altogether and go with two
QBs (and possibly Weber on the PS). If Peyton goes down, who can pick up
the gauntlet? Who, for pity's sake?

Peyton is the present. Osweiler is the future. There is no one else. So why
worry about it at all? If Peyton goes down, give Brock the experience because
that will be all that's left of the season.
I agree with this, all the more reason to get rid of hanie who is just stealing reps with no reward for the team !
I do fear that JE is concerned about exposing OS too early, and there may be a scenario where PM is ou for 3-4 games and hey really wan and need someone o keep us compeitive until PM can return.

Jsteve01
08-31-2012, 02:00 PM
he goes there for wings, I go there for my dislexia and alzheimers review!
my bad!
TJ offers youth and mobility and at the very least awildcat QB for the defense to practice against,
or to utilize! same forward thinking for the bills or THE BILL.

It's not forward thinking. It goes back over a decade. Gailey was the guy who made Kordell Stewart look something like a qb. He's getting back to his roots. And one quick thoughts on that type of player. If I'm Kordell, Jackson, VY, Joe Webb or any number of other guys who can't cut it as an NFL qb and have top flight athletic ability, why not pull a Rod Smith and have a great career as a WR?

FlyByU
08-31-2012, 08:33 PM
To be fair, its not hard to look good against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Unless your Hanie of course.

True that. However, Osweiler doesn't look that impressive against those same 2nd and 3rd string players yet he is above Weber. How does Weber do in practice? How did he do in Camp this year was it so horrible that he is left on the bottom of the pile?

Northman
08-31-2012, 08:40 PM
True that. However, Osweiler doesn't look that impressive against those same 2nd and 3rd string players yet he is above Weber. How does Weber do in practice? How did he do in Camp this year was it so horrible that he is left on the bottom of the pile?

Hard to say. Elway is quoted as saying Oz had a great camp. Not sure what his thoughts are on Weber but it would seem that Adam hasnt been able to impress them enough to move him up at all. This preseason Weber grew on me and i would still like to go with him and Oz behind Manning but not my call to make. Im sure part of it all is where he was drafted. Much like the Moreno situation the expectations of Oz are much higher and thus that leaves Weber out in the cold.

Simple Jaded
08-31-2012, 09:30 PM
Tim Tebow and Vince Young are two great examples of great athletes that would have switched positions a long time ago in a different era.......

Superchop 7
08-31-2012, 10:41 PM
They should be looking for the best 48 and bringing in 5 guys.......

Dzone
08-31-2012, 10:53 PM
Vince Young is a serious head case. Hopefully he doesnt do something stupid now like punching someone in a strip joint. Ryan Leaf and Vince Young-two colossal busts. What a waste

Chef Zambini
09-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Hard to say. Elway is quoted as saying Oz had a great camp. Not sure what his thoughts are on Weber but it would seem that Adam hasnt been able to impress them enough to move him up at all. This preseason Weber grew on me and i would still like to go with him and Oz behind Manning but not my call to make. Im sure part of it all is where he was drafted. Much like the Moreno situation the expectations of Oz are much higher and thus that leaves Weber out in the cold.great camp! led the team in smore production and went snipe hunting!
he FAiled to beat out hanie, who sucks! spare me your BS mr elway, with all due respect !
I think it is highly plausable that btween now and the time when brock becomes the #1 bronco QB ( a future I think is in doubt) 2o QB will enter the NFL and end up as better QBs than brock, who cant unseat an incompetent !

chazoe60
09-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Chef, my friend, take your meds.