PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Injuries

D1g1tal j1m
08-30-2012, 07:07 AM
I am pleasantly surprised at the lack of injuries on our team heading into the regular season. It looks like the change in the strength and conditioning crew has paid immediate dividends for our Broncos. Kupes injury couldn't be prevented by the S&C staff and Bookings hamstring could be attributed to his age and late signing. Hillman seems to the the player hurt most by his hamstring injury but he seems to be coming around. I hope this is a sign of things to come as this will bode well for us down the road towards our ultimate goal this year...

UnderArmour
08-30-2012, 07:17 AM
Don't jinx us. Remember week 1 last year?

HORSEPOWER 56
08-30-2012, 07:42 AM
I think we had our fair share of injuries, we were just relatively fortunate (as John Fox said early in TC) to kinda get them out of the way early so most guys could return by week one. I am extremely concerned about the RB position, though. McGahee and Moreno have a track record of missing games with injury (even if healthy entering the regular season), and Hillman is still nursing a hammy that probably will never return to 100% this season (hammys never really recover during a season) and will continue to nag him on and off, leaving Lance Ball (who I see as a our least talented RB) as our only "reliable" RB heading into the season. I understand the "next man up" approach, but even with Manning, we are going to need to lean on our running game at times this year.

I'm still hoping we can find gold in a RB that gets released by their team after final cuts. A guy like Anthony Dixon or Chris Ivory would go a long way toward ensuring we have good depth. I think we'll carry 4 RBs, and 1 FB (Gronk) into the season (I think JJ is going to be cut this week - I think Hillman takes his roster spot this year over taking Moreno's spot). McGahee seems healthy and Moreno seems to have recovered fairly well, but if history is any lesson, both will miss time this year.

Ravage!!!
08-30-2012, 08:58 AM
What? We've had the same kind of hamstring injuries that have happened for years.

The biggest difference (if any at all) has NOTHING to do with the strength and conditioning coach. ITs the fact that the new agreement with the players association limits the number of practices, how many times they can wear pads, and how many times teams can actually tackle.

Grover
08-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Agree with Ravage!!!, the decreased scope of off season workouts has been a big impact on the injury situation, for the better I think. But so far, we haven't mentioned the torn pectoral of Jason Hunter and the fact that he's out for the season. I have a feeling that Jason Hunter is > Robert Ayers + Malik Jackson. So his absence will hurt.

D1g1tal j1m
08-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Don't rain on my first football post of the season....

BigDaddyBronco
08-30-2012, 02:51 PM
:smh: