PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning Did Not ‘Shred’ San Francisco 49ers’ Defense: Fan Reaction

DenBronx
08-29-2012, 03:37 PM
This is a couple days old but I just saw it.....kinda laughed because his opening argument is the 49ers defense didnt show everything. Do they really think our offense showed everything??? Everyone knows teams play vanilla in preseason but yeah Manning still shredded your high ranked D with a vanilla offense.

During my daily morning browsing of sports on the internet, I came across an article on Yahoo! written by Doug Farrar, editor of Shutdown Corner. And in the article, Farrar stated that Peyton Manning "shredded" the 49ers' defense in their preseason game on August 26. While that may be accurate in terms of what the stats show, it does not by any stretch mean the 49ers defense could not have stopped the Broncos' offense.

The 49ers won the game 29-24, but all the talk centered around Manning. Manning was 10-for-12 for 122 yards and two touchdowns against the 49ers -- which are good numbers; I'm not here to refute that. What I am looking to do is explain it from the 49ers' possible standpoint. To say Manning "shredded" the 49ers' defense may be a little overkill and here's why:

49ers' Defensive Schemes

If anyone thinks the 49ers are going to show all of their defensive schemes and stunts during the NFL preseason then you are out of your mind. The 49ers probably played very base defenses for their starters and didn't get any crazier than that even thereafter. And to do that was smart on their part. Why would they reveal anything more than they want their opponents to know? If you have ever listened to Jim Harbaugh during a press conference you know that he will not divulge anything - and I mean anything - to the media that could give the opponent an advantage against his team. So why would he jeopardize doing the same during preseason play?

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/peyton-manning-did-not-shred-san-francisco-49ers-035200740--nfl.html

Northman
08-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Well, we didnt show everything either and yet stomped a mudhole for the most part into their offenses ass.

Canmore
08-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Well, we didnt show everything either and yet stomped a mudhole for the most part into their offenses ass.

Pretty much what I thought. I didn't see anything exotic in our offensive scheme. The results speak for themselves. Peyton Manning looked like... Peyton Manning.

BroncoWave
08-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Pretty much what I thought. I didn't see anything exotic in our offensive scheme. The results speak for themselves. Peyton Manning looked like... Peyton Manning.

The people who said he was done because of his neck are using any excuse possible to justify that stance. I think he has already pretty well proved those morons wrong. He can still play football.

smith49
08-29-2012, 04:15 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW, THATS EXTREMELY FUNNY. IS THIS GUY FOR REAL? I never take anything, good or bad, out of pre season. However, this guy and this article is embarrassing. If I had written that, I would now go and hide in a dark corner with the hope that no one reads it for the hope that my credability isnt absolutely destroyed. WOW

Canmore
08-29-2012, 08:19 PM
The people who said he was done because of his neck are using any excuse possible to justify that stance. I think he has already pretty well proved those morons wrong. He can still play football.

The ultimate test is week one, but from what I have seen, things look pretty good from where I am sitting.

Dzone
08-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Our vanilla #1 kicked the crap out of san frans vanilla #1.
If it had been a regular game, we would have kicked their ass for 4 quarters

topscribe
08-29-2012, 09:18 PM
I don't know, maybe Peyton didn't shred the Fartyniners defense.

Since he tore them up like toilet paper in a public restroom, maybe their defense wasn't shredable after that . . .

hotcarl
08-30-2012, 03:10 PM
*shits*

chazoe60
08-30-2012, 03:23 PM
*shits*

You just accurately described every post you've ever made.

Jsteve01
08-30-2012, 07:09 PM
It wasn't just our vanilla o. Our vanilla d handled them as well.

CrazyHorse
08-31-2012, 01:37 AM
I wonder if he'll say the 49ers offense didn't shred the Charger's defense?

pegcage
08-31-2012, 08:41 AM
The defense does not show all its schemes in preseason? Neither does the offense. So, doesn't it balance out? 17 points in one quarter is pretty good.

Ravage!!!
08-31-2012, 09:38 AM
I believe the author of this blog was/is a pot user.

TXBRONC
08-31-2012, 01:40 PM
The defense does not show all its schemes in preseason? Neither does the offense. So, doesn't it balance out? 17 points in one quarter is pretty good.

Yeah pretty much. Every team in the NFL puts together a very basic offensive and defensive games plan for the third preseason game of the year.

BORDERLINE
09-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Manning lit them up easy....hey did you guys catch the subtle jabs at tebow from Manning on the Sunday ticket commercial???? It was funny and in good taste

TheTruth
09-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Preseason play? thats what we have sunk to bragging about?

As long as we have Skat Bowlen and his donkie rideing partner John Elgay we will never hit full stride. We keep getting rid of our best skill position players every year and have yet to find long term replacements for any of them!

Cutler,Marshall,Royal,Hillis,Tbow etc etc. And now because we have a 1 year solution (doubting he will finish the year) we are supposed to be happy? Getting rid if cutler and replacing him with who?..series of short term solutions. Ditto with Marshall and Royal no doubt.

Wrong way to build a team. This is why our team blows chunks and swallows nards year in and year out.

Thanks Skat....Thanks Elgay!

Ziggy
09-04-2012, 05:03 PM

As long as we have Skat Bowlen and his donkie rideing partner John Elgay we will never hit full stride. We keep getting rid of our best skill position players every year and have yet to find long term replacements for any of them!

Cutler,Marshall,Royal,Hillis,Tbow etc etc. And now because we have a 1 year solution (doubting he will finish the year) we are supposed to be happy? Getting rid if cutler and replacing him with who?..series of short term solutions. Ditto with Marshall and Royal no doubt.

Wrong way to build a team. This is why our team blows chunks and swallows nards year in and year out.

Raider fan or Lex? You make the call.

Canmore
09-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Raider fan or Lex? You make the call.

An ***hole.

dogfish
09-04-2012, 05:27 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

what are you, about nine years old??

:spit: :rofl:

BroncoNut
09-05-2012, 08:42 AM
omg. Peyton was clearly the paper shredder and San Fran D the paper