PDA

View Full Version : Is Rod Smith ready to put the crutches down?

DenBronx
10-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Last week Mikey said Smith could potentially play. Does that mean that week 9 could be a for sure week for Smith to actually play? If not then how long is too long? Smith has had more than enough time to heal....he has been practicing and since the chips have been down I think its time he gets back on the field.

I say play through the pain at this point. There is no more injury, maybe just scar tissue. Play through the pain Rod....Get your butt on the field.

speardog
10-31-2007, 04:42 AM
Rod potentially would be a huge lift for the Broncos but would Cutler even throw to him.

Tned
10-31-2007, 07:44 AM
Last week Mikey said Smith could potentially play. Does that mean that week 9 could be a for sure week for Smith to actually play? If not then how long is too long? Smith has had more than enough time to heal....he has been practicing and since the chips have been down I think its time he gets back on the field.

I say play through the pain at this point. There is no more injury, maybe just scar tissue. Play through the pain Rod....Get your butt on the field.

I doubt it is definite. He only started practicing last week, I believe. The team has something like three weeks (probably two weeks now) to either activate him, release him or put him on IR. So, I think he could potentially miss a couple more games. It just depends on how well he is doing in practice.

Nomad
10-31-2007, 08:11 AM
Rod has a life after football so if he feels he's not ready and doesn't want to chance further injury then I respect that decision. If this means he has to end his career then so be it. The man has done plenty for the Denver BRONCOS and I'm grateful for having watched him. If he has more in the tank, then I look forward to seeing his presence on the field. We'll never see the old Rod back but I find it funny how someone on the couch can say play through the pain and suck it up. If he would be 25 then I would somewhat agree.