PDA

View Full Version : Hitlers reaction to the Manning signing

DenBronx
08-27-2012, 01:21 PM
CHcRX0tyC1A&feature=related

Simple Jaded
08-27-2012, 09:16 PM
"Well, there's only one thing to do.......we'll have to have a yard sale.......at Franks house".

Hehe.......

camdisco24
08-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Someone needs to make one as if Hitler was the Raiders head honcho... whoever that is now that Al has passed.
That or Norv Turner.

DenBronx
08-28-2012, 12:32 AM
"Well, there's only one thing to do.......we'll have to have a yard sale.......at Franks house".

Hehe.......

I was going to go golfing this weekend, but I guess those days are over. lol

FanInAZ
08-28-2012, 03:04 AM
Someone needs to make one as if Hitler was the Raiders head honcho... whoever that is now that Al has passed.
That or Norv Turner.

My vote would be for a team whose season is unraveling, like the Cards once the regular season starts & it becomes clear that no matter which QB they start, they’ll still have the worse starting QB in the league. If they try to remedy the situation by signing Vince Young or JaMarcus Russell, then that should be enough to send Hitler over the edge.

Chef Zambini
08-28-2012, 11:41 AM
slap me for saying it, but these hitler parodys are hysterical!
las years version , when we beat the steelers had me in ears1
who knew hitler was such a funny guy.
"himmler has a tebow solution" !

DenBronx
08-28-2012, 12:28 PM
slap me for saying it, but these hitler parodys are hysterical!
las years version , when we beat the steelers had me in ears1
who knew hitler was such a funny guy.
"himmler has a tebow solution" !

The Tebow ones were super funny. I think I could do a better job with some of them but I don't know how to add in my own subtitles.

Ravage!!!
08-28-2012, 12:36 PM
My favorite was the Belicheck and spygate....

Ravage!!!
08-28-2012, 12:38 PM
I don't find this one very funny at all.

rationalfan
08-28-2012, 02:18 PM
i like these hitler videos, but this one was pretty weak. i, too, would have liked to seen it from the perspective of hitler as another team/gm/fan reacting to manning picking denver.

besides, seeing hitler, last century's embodiment of evil, saying "we're the denver broncos" bothers me.

Joel
08-28-2012, 11:48 PM
I never thought I'd say this, and will savagely beat the first person to quote it out of context, but "Hitler" makes a number of very good points in the video. I didn't know we're paying more for post-multiple-spine-surgeries 36 year old Manning than the Colts did for pre-multiple-spine-surgeries 33 year old Manning. Y'know, back when people actually thought he might actually still be PLAYING in anothe 5 years. Never considered the difference going from a sea level dome to Mile High would make either; that's somewhat (I have to say it...) chilling. I just hope we have an escape clause (and Hanie magically stops being awful) if he pops those stitches holding on his head, which, with Beadles, Walton and Kupers backup protecting him up the gut (the only place to have a chance of sacking Manning,) is a frighteningly real possibility.

I love, support and hope for the best for my Broncos, but I gotta say, guys, this notion that 1 HoF QB+2 HoF blitzers=Super Bowl is probably setting us up for a big fall. I'll be happy if we get as much for our $20 million/year as the Vikings did from Favre (he did come within one play of facing and probably beating Manning in the Super Bowl.) With our current talent, we'll probably get more like what they got from what remains of Donovan McNabbs body, or what the Chiefs got from Montana.

FanInAZ
08-29-2012, 12:06 AM
I never thought I'd say this, and will savagely beat the first person to quote it out of context, but Hitler makes a number of very good points. I didn't know we're paying more for post-multiple-spine-surgeries 36 year old Manning than the Colts did for pre-multiple-spine-surgeries 33 year old Manning. Y'know, back when people actually thought he might actually still be PLAYING in anothe 5 years. Never considered the difference going from a sea level dome to Mile High would make either; that's somewhat (I have to say it...) chilling. I just hope we have an escape clause (and Hanie magically stops being awful) if he pops those stitches holding on his head, which, with Beadles, Walton and Kupers backup protecting him up the gut (the only place to have a chance of sacking Manning,) is a frighteningly real possibility.

I love, support and hope for the best for my Broncos, but I gotta say, guys, this notion that 1 HoF QB+2 HoF blitzers=Super Bowl is probably setting us up for a big fall. I'll be happy if we get as much for our $20 million/year as the Vikings did from Favre (he did come within one play of facing and probably beating Manning in the Super Bowl.) With our current talent, we'll probably get more like what they got from what remains of Donovan McNabbs body, or what the Chiefs got from Montana.

This is pretty much a summation of why I thought we'd never pursue Manning in the 1st place. Nevertheless, once we signed him, he was ours & I gave EFX the benefit of the doubt that they knew what they were doing. However, $95 million for 5 years :shocked:

Simple Jaded
08-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Get over it, Joel! If Manning never plays another down for the Denver Broncos it was well worth signing the guy. They had garbage at QB and a HoFer was available, it doesn't get any more simple than that.

Get the **** over it.......

FanInAZ
08-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Get over it, Joel! If Manning never plays another down for the Denver Broncos it was well worth signing the guy. They had garbage at QB and a HoFer was available, it doesn't get any more simple than that.

Joel's concerns are nothing like those who are still ranting about Cutler, McD, Orton, Tebow, etc. Manning is supposed to be the key to our immediate future & has the potential to blow up in our faces. For that reason, Joel's concerns are very legitimate.

Chef Zambini
08-29-2012, 02:54 AM
it was worth a hundred million just to ge rid of the tebow circus and PR nightmare !

hotcarl
08-29-2012, 06:52 AM
Didn't watch the video or read anything (except for Joel's defense of genocide) but i think it is really sad that hitler is being compared to peyton manning. Why does everyone hate manning so much? Go tebow!

Chef Zambini
08-29-2012, 12:33 PM
these comparisons of hitler and manning are silly.
adolph never hit a back shoulder fade.

hotcarl
08-29-2012, 02:14 PM
good to know that Joel worships adolf hitler and supports his viewpoints :rolleyes: i didnt think this site could get any lower but his constant fascist propaganda is wearing thin

Dzone
08-29-2012, 03:09 PM
The new replacement Lingerie officials are going to make the games much better to watch

DenBronx
08-29-2012, 03:12 PM
Did you guys know we have TWO of the top 5 paid guys on our team this year and it doesnt include Champ?

Dumervil and Manning are both scheduled to make 18 million this year.

I must say any questions many have about Bowlen being cheap need to be evaporated.

BroncoNut
08-29-2012, 03:19 PM
it was worth a hundred million just to ge rid of the tebow circus and PR nightmare !

I think so. but I also think that Manning brings an immediate impact. How he could actually blow up in our faces, I can't imagine. debilitating injury of course, but what team doens't take that risk at soem time, you know?

Northman
08-29-2012, 03:54 PM
I dont think Joel enjoys Bronco football anymore. Does anyone even see him when we win ballgames? He reminds me a lot of the depressed robot from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. lol

Joel
08-29-2012, 05:00 PM

There were reasonable arguments to replace Tebow; there are precious few for NOT replacing him, only getting a budget-busting placeholder, however good he is/was. You can't "let go" of flaws in that "garbage at QB" even after he won us a playoff game and left; I see no reason to let Mannings liabilities go when he has done neither. Heck, we wouldn't be the Broncos if everyone were satisfied with the starting QB. ;)

good to know that Joel worships adolf hitler and supports his viewpoints i didnt think this site could get any lower but his constant fascist propaganda is wearing thin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law Learn it, love it, live it.

I think so. but I also think that Manning brings an immediate impact. How he could actually blow up in our faces, I can't imagine. debilitating injury of course, but what team doens't take that risk at soem time, you know?
RECURRING debilitating injury. Manning hasn't played a regular season game in two years due to a spinal injury that required multiple surgeries. Everyone knows his vision and release is too good for edge rushing, so all effective pressure comes up the middle, where we have two scrubs and a backup protecting him. The chance of debilitating injury is far higher than with a randomly selected player. Meanwhile, he's 36 and costing us $20 million/year, so in two years we'll need another starting QB anyway, and don't have the capspace to find one in the interim.

I dont think Joel enjoys Bronco football anymore. Does anyone even see him when we win ballgames? He reminds me a lot of the depressed robot from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. lol
Granted I often had to do it at 3AM after watching an online feed, but I'm pretty sure I commented during and after most of our games last year. I KNOW I was around for our last win; I don't recall joining the large loud chorus COMPLAINING about our first playoff victory since 2005 (against the team that beat us out for an easy Super Bowl trip then, on our own turf.) I think that may be the first time I've ever heard a fanbase respond to a record setting performance by demanding a trade. Done is done, but I support my team win or lose. I'm sure those other critics do, too; criticizing things we feel the team must improve to win, and stating how that improvement can be made, is a sign of support, not opposition.

FanInAZ
08-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Didn't watch the video or read anything (except for Joel's defense of genocide) but i think it is really sad that hitler is being compared to peyton manning. Why does everyone hate manning so much? Go tebow!

good to know that Joel worships adolf hitler and supports his viewpoints :rolleyes: i didnt think this site could get any lower but his constant fascist propaganda is wearing thin

Hotcarl (as well as everyone who has high fived these 2 posts of his), please watch the video before commenting any further. No one is comparing Manning to Hitler. The clip is from an old movie based on Hitler's life, and pertains to when he finally realized that the war was lost & snapped. There have in recent years been many satires with this clip in which the subtitles were changed to where Hitler was snapping at a number of other problems. The 1st one that I saw was when the Texans lost both Schaub & Leinart to season ending injuries when they were in the driver's seat to make the play-offs. Hitler receiving news that they had no choice but to turn to Yates caused Hitler to snap.

In this video, which you acknowledge you have not watched, Hitler snaps when he hears that they just signed a QB with as many issues as Manning for the amount that we did. Joel was, as everyone else who is commenting on this thread except for you, pretending that the satire subtitle really are what Hitler said when he was told about something that actually happened 67 years after his death. We all know that the subtitles are not real, but are actually the personal view of the person that altered the actual video's subtitles in order for him/her to make their point. Joel is simply saying that he agrees with the points being made in the subtitles, & I then acknowledged that the points brought up in the subtitles where the very reasons that I thought we'd never pursue Manning in the 1st place.

camdisco24
08-29-2012, 07:45 PM
I am shocked that people who have been a part of this forum for multiple years still take Hotcarl seriously.
His posts literally crack me up, but it's even funnier when people take him seriously. Good work guys. :lol:

Dzone
08-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Hilarious:pound:

Simple Jaded
08-30-2012, 12:34 AM
You can be satisfied with Tim Tebow and his mountain of flaws but you can't be satisfied with the Broncos decision to sign one of the best passers the league has ever seen and send that mountain packing.......that is what makes you impossible to take seriously.

You are butthurt over losing Tebow, that is all there is to it. At least admit it, this pretentious concern over Manning's health, window and contract is about as ridiculous and irrational as it gets. Manning could go down tomorrow but he is no closer to a season career ending injury than Tebow or any other player, and it's not your F'n money they used to sign Manning.

Your favorite player is gone and no amount of "I told you so" will bring him back.......

Simple Jaded
08-30-2012, 12:46 AM
Joel's concerns are nothing like those who are still ranting about Cutler, McD, Orton, Tebow, etc. Manning is supposed to be the key to our immediate future & has the potential to blow up in our faces. For that reason, Joel's concerns are very legitimate.
Then it's a "very legitimate" concern regardless of who the Broncos start at QB.

You simply can't make a logical argument for Tebow over Manning, but that's what it is.......Peyton Manning or Tim Tebow? That is what it boils down to for Joel. Because if a QB of Manning's stature isn't worthy of replacing the worst passer the league has seen in decades than who is, exactly? If the Broncos swung a deal for Andrew Luck Joel would still be butthurt over the loss of draft picks.

QB's get hurt, that is the chance you take.......

Northman
08-30-2012, 05:11 AM
In the NFL everything is a risk. Even if we had kept Tebow it guaranteed nothing but many fans understand why the FO took the risk with Manning. He's a proven commodity and worth the risk which is why many teams were looking to land him. Was i shocked Denver was in the game? Sure. But i couldnt be happier despite knowing the risk and im certainly not going to get all droopy dog worrying about "what ifs". Everything is a gamble when your trying to win championships and you do your best to put the best players in position to do it and that is what the FO did. If it fails, it fails. But no one is going to convince me personally that it wasnt worth the risk to go and get Manning. The FO's job is to put together the best team as possible and they did that and are still doing that. Despite all the good things Tebow did last year he just isnt coveted as a legit QB, otherwise he would be starting for ANY team right now.

Canmore
08-30-2012, 05:15 AM
In the NFL everything is a risk. Even if we had kept Tebow it guaranteed nothing but many fans understand why the FO took the risk with Manning. He's a proven commodity and worth the risk which is why many teams were looking to land him. Was i shocked Denver was in the game? Sure. But i couldnt be happier despite knowing the risk and im certainly not going to get all droopy dog worrying about "what ifs". Everything is a gamble when your trying to win championships and you do your best to put the best players in position to do it and that is what the FO did. If it fails, it fails. But no one is going to convince me personally that it wasnt worth the risk to go and get Manning. The FO's job is to put together the best team as possible and they did that and are still doing that. Despite all the good things Tebow did last year he just isnt coveted as a legit QB, otherwise he would be starting for any team right now.

I was excited for the ride last year, but man am I excited about this one.

Northman
08-30-2012, 05:19 AM
I was excited for the ride last year, but man am I excited about this one.

Exactly.

It was fun for what it was but now we move on with higher anticipation.

Canmore
08-30-2012, 05:24 AM
Exactly.

Yes, in my estimation we should be thinking about gelling as a team and striving to be playing our best football in December instead of the yearly swanning late in the season. I feel there will be some growing pains early. How we deal with those will go a long way toward determining how we fair as a team.

hotcarl
08-30-2012, 06:53 AM
Hotcarl (as well as everyone who has high fived these 2 posts of his), please watch the video before commenting any further. No one is comparing Manning to Hitler. The clip is from an old movie based on Hitler's life, and pertains to when he finally realized that the war was lost & snapped. There have in recent years been many satires with this clip in which the subtitles were changed to where Hitler was snapping at a number of other problems. The 1st one that I saw was when the Texans lost both Schaub & Leinart to season ending injuries when they were in the driver's seat to make the play-offs. Hitler receiving news that they had no choice but to turn to Yates caused Hitler to snap.

In this video, which you acknowledge you have not watched, Hitler snaps when he hears that they just signed a QB with as many issues as Manning for the amount that we did. Joel was, as everyone else who is commenting on this thread except for you, pretending that the satire subtitle really are what Hitler said when he was told about something that actually happened 67 years after his death. We all know that the subtitles are not real, but are actually the personal view of the person that altered the actual video's subtitles in order for him/her to make their point. Joel is simply saying that he agrees with the points being made in the subtitles, & I then acknowledged that the points brought up in the subtitles where the very reasons that I thought we'd never pursue Manning in the 1st place.

lol didn't read a word

Joel
08-30-2012, 07:00 AM
You can be satisfied with Tim Tebow and his mountain of flaws but you can't be satisfied with the Broncos decision to sign one of the best passers the league has ever seen and send that mountain packing.......that is what makes you impossible to take seriously.
Whoever said I was satisfied with Tebows flaws? I've never denied and often stated agreement he needs more accuracy and field vision. I pity him with the Jets, because their offensively have no more idea how to develop either than he does; he needs but has never had very good and intensive training to augment his great talent with passing skills, but is pretty much on his own in NY.

You are butthurt over losing Tebow, that is all there is to it. At least admit it, this pretentious concern over Manning's health, window and contract is about as ridiculous and irrational as it gets. Manning could go down tomorrow but he is no closer to a season career ending injury than Tebow or any other player, and it's not your F'n money they used to sign Manning.
That said, last year Tebow also needed but lacked reliable receivers and blocking. I expect our HoF QB is about to show us just how badly the latter remains absent, though I also expect the homers to dismiss the results as proof Manning's still hurt (which he may be by the time Beadles and Walton are done with him; hopefully Clady's back to his old self and Franklin is much improved.) I don't think he's still hurt, but know he was severely injured two years ago due to a combination of poor blocking and the fact he's a pure pocket passer. None of that has changed and I'm just as insistent it do so as I was when it contributed to Tebows inconsistency. If that injury is reaggravated Manning's done. He's done in two years regardless; any team still looking for a QB to start in two years has no franchise QB.

Your favorite player is gone and no amount of "I told you so" will bring him back.......
True, but Ernest Givins never played for Denver anyway; my favorite Bronco's not coming back because he's 42 years old and has no cartilage left in one of his hips. If you had any inkling how little respet I have for the SECAA in general and FL schools in particular you would not accuse me of being a Tebow groupie. This really isn't about him, it's about paying $20 million/year for a 36 year old pocket passer whose had multiple spinal surgeries and does NOT have any pass blocking worthy of the name.

Then it's a "very legitimate" concern regardless of who the Broncos start at QB.
Yes and on. We were only paying our last starting QB 1/20th of what we're paying Manning, and he hadn't had multiple spinal surgeries but did have the ability to scramble when his pass protection collapsed (as it routinely did.) In terms of improving that blocking though, yes, that concern remains regardless of our QB, though I am at least glad to see we've added a few quality vet receivers (even if one is ancient and the other was poached from my hometown team.) It's also true that we'd have needed to pursue a legit starting quality QB with either Manning or Tebow, because if the latter won't be retired in two years there's also no guarantee he'll be any better then than last season.

You simply can't make a logical argument for Tebow over Manning, but that's what it is.......Peyton Manning or Tim Tebow? That is what it boils down to for Joel. Because if a QB of Manning's stature isn't worthy of replacing the worst passer the league has seen in decades than who is, exactly? If the Broncos swung a deal for Andrew Luck Joel would still be butthurt over the loss of draft picks.

QB's get hurt, that is the chance you take.......
It was more like Tebow+a potential 2013-14 starter vs. Manning. The former would've been cheaper (allowing us to address our many other major obstacles to a championship) and not given us a QB with the career life expectancy of unrefrigerated milk. It's fair to ask how we'd have gotten to that starting QB but, no, if we'd given up picks for Luck I wouldn't be too upset, because I'd know he was healthy and has 10-15 players years left if he staty that way. We also wouldn't be paying him $20 million/year, so I'd have more hope of getting him some decent guards and centers (there's nothing wrong with Kupes play, but he'll be lucky to play by Halloween.) Manning's only a good idea if he wins us one of the next two Super Bowls, because there's no way he plays after that; with our pass protection he may not play in 2013 at ANY price.

In the NFL everything is a risk. Even if we had kept Tebow it guaranteed nothing but many fans understand why the FO took the risk with Manning. He's a proven commodity and worth the risk which is why many teams were looking to land him. Was i shocked Denver was in the game? Sure. But i couldnt be happier despite knowing the risk and im certainly not going to get all droopy dog worrying about "what ifs". Everything is a gamble when your trying to win championships and you do your best to put the best players in position to do it and that is what the FO did. If it fails, it fails. But no one is going to convince me personally that it wasnt worth the risk to go and get Manning. The FO's job is to put together the best team as possible and they did that and are still doing that. Despite all the good things Tebow did last year he just isnt coveted as a legit QB, otherwise he would be starting for ANY team right now.
If Manning were even a couple years younger I would understand it, but as it stands this seems like a move designed to sell jerseys and season tickets plus get Denver a few more S/MNF games than one designed to win championships. The only way the plural is appropriate there is if Denver wins this years SB and then repeats, which I think even the most optimistic fan would agree isn't just a long shot, but a sucker bet. With $40 million riding on it that could've been used to pay half a dozen or more star players who'd be winning us championships for the next 5-10 years.

Exactly.

If you anticipate a Conference Championship appearance (the only way to improve on last year) I fear you are in for a big disappointment. I hope I'm wrong, but....

Northman
08-30-2012, 07:26 AM
If Manning were even a couple years younger I would understand it, but as it stands this seems like a move designed to sell jerseys and season tickets plus get Denver a few more S/MNF games than one designed to win championships. The only way the plural is appropriate there is if Denver wins this years SB and then repeats, which I think even the most optimistic fan would agree isn't just a long shot, but a sucker bet. With $40 million riding on it that could've been used to pay half a dozen or more star players who'd be winning us championships for the next 5-10 years.

Your kidding right? Tebow was selling a shitload of jersey's last year or did you miss that entire circus? As too winning championships in the next 5-10 years there is no guarantee in that. Denver still has some more things to add to this team before they are ready to go SB bound. But i have no doubt we will be deep in the playoffs.

If you anticipate a Conference Championship appearance (the only way to improve on last year) I fear you are in for a big disappointment. I hope I'm wrong, but....

I wont be disappointed. I just worry about your mental state if we dont. lol

Ravage!!!
08-30-2012, 08:47 AM
wait.... multiple spinal surgeries? He had surgery on a NERVE that is located in the neck. No spinal injuries, no neck injuries, certainly no "multiple spinal surgeries."

I can't believe ANYONE would still complain about the signing of Manning over Tebow. It truly astounds me. There was absolutely NO future with Tebow as our starting QB. Manning will at least allow us to build over the next couple of years while getting great training for a following QB. What would a young QB learn from Tebow???? :confused: Amazing.

Tebow didn't "lead us to the playoffs" with an 8-8 record, folks. Orton had an 8-8 record just 2 years prior and didn't make it. We made it to th eplayoffs because the rest of the division sucked-ass, and an 8-8 was actually the best record. Thats just luck. So please. Don't tell me that this "better do better inthe playoffs to improve on what Tebow did" crap. Thats complete and utter CRAP.

hotcarl
08-30-2012, 09:15 AM

Dzone
08-30-2012, 09:37 AM
^LMAO!!!!

Tebow gave us the best shot at winning a Super Bowl.

Chef Zambini
08-30-2012, 03:01 PM
Whoever said I was satisfied with Tebows flaws? I've never denied and often stated agreement he needs more accuracy and field vision. I pity him with the Jets, because their offensively have no more idea how to develop either than he does; he needs but has never had very good and intensive training to augment his great talent with passing skills, but is pretty much on his own in NY.

That said, last year Tebow also needed but lacked reliable receivers and blocking. I expect our HoF QB is about to show us just how badly the latter remains absent, though I also expect the homers to dismiss the results as proof Manning's still hurt (which he may be by the time Beadles and Walton are done with him; hopefully Clady's back to his old self and Franklin is much improved.) I don't think he's still hurt, but know he was severely injured two years ago due to a combination of poor blocking and the fact he's a pure pocket passer. None of that has changed and I'm just as insistent it do so as I was when it contributed to Tebows inconsistency. If that injury is reaggravated Manning's done. He's done in two years regardless; any team still looking for a QB to start in two years has no franchise QB.

True, but Ernest Givins never played for Denver anyway; my favorite Bronco's not coming back because he's 42 years old and has no cartilage left in one of his hips. If you had any inkling how little respet I have for the SECAA in general and FL schools in particular you would not accuse me of being a Tebow groupie. This really isn't about him, it's about paying $20 million/year for a 36 year old pocket passer whose had multiple spinal surgeries and does NOT have any pass blocking worthy of the name.

Yes and on. We were only paying our last starting QB 1/20th of what we're paying Manning, and he hadn't had multiple spinal surgeries but did have the ability to scramble when his pass protection collapsed (as it routinely did.) In terms of improving that blocking though, yes, that concern remains regardless of our QB, though I am at least glad to see we've added a few quality vet receivers (even if one is ancient and the other was poached from my hometown team.) It's also true that we'd have needed to pursue a legit starting quality QB with either Manning or Tebow, because if the latter won't be retired in two years there's also no guarantee he'll be any better then than last season.

It was more like Tebow+a potential 2013-14 starter vs. Manning. The former would've been cheaper (allowing us to address our many other major obstacles to a championship) and not given us a QB with the career life expectancy of unrefrigerated milk. It's fair to ask how we'd have gotten to that starting QB but, no, if we'd given up picks for Luck I wouldn't be too upset, because I'd know he was healthy and has 10-15 players years left if he staty that way. We also wouldn't be paying him $20 million/year, so I'd have more hope of getting him some decent guards and centers (there's nothing wrong with Kupes play, but he'll be lucky to play by Halloween.) Manning's only a good idea if he wins us one of the next two Super Bowls, because there's no way he plays after that; with our pass protection he may not play in 2013 at ANY price.

If you anticipate a Conference Championship appearance (the only way to improve on last year) I fear you are in for a big disappointment. I hope I'm wrong, but....JOEL, usually a very smart guy who sees the big picture, you missed the pink elephant in the green room !
with TEBOW at QB, what free agent wanted to come to denver?
nobody !

we couldnt keep anyone of our own looking for a ring!
PM brings credibility, and this off season EVERYONE wanted to come to denver once we signed PM!
you think ER isnt kicking himself every day for leaving the mile high prior to the PM signing?
how the F do you think ER got injured?

PM in
TT out

thats the best addition and subtraction moves of the entire NFL off season !
JE is the best mathematition since pythagorus, and he only needed addition and subtraction to work all the angles.

joe, if you cant recognize hat we are better off with TT gone and PM as his replacement, then I can only pray for the return of your sanity, and hope it will re-emerge once you see the clown show that is the jets come regular season !

Joel
08-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Your kidding right? Tebow was selling a shitload of jersey's last year or did you miss that entire circus? As too winning championships in the next 5-10 years there is no guarantee in that. Denver still has some more things to add to this team before they are ready to go SB bound. But i have no doubt we will be deep in the playoffs.
To top last years performance we must go as deep as the Conference Championship. Yeah, Tebow sold jerseys, but not as many as Manning, and Manning does it without repelling as many people as he attracts.

I wont be disappointed. I just worry about your mental state if we dont. lol
Yeah, me, too. I just can't see how this is a top four team right now; I'd put pretty much everyone else in last years Divisional round ahead of us except (maybe) the Pats and Ravens.

wait.... multiple spinal surgeries? He had surgery on a NERVE that is located in the neck. No spinal injuries, no neck injuries, certainly no "multiple spinal surgeries."
He had two vertebrae fused, after a previous surgery removed the disc separated them (necessitating the fusion; the good news is the doctors say his spine is actually stronger where the vertebrae were fused, because it's all bone now.) The Colts Bleacher Report explains the fusion here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1093744-peyton-manning-understanding-single-level-anterior-fusion-of-the-neck and a number of spinal surgeons discuss it and Mannigs prognosis here: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-03-08/doctors-upbeat-on-manning-health/53424974/1

They operated on a nerve, yes; it happened to be in his SPINE. They also removed a disc in his SPINE separating two vertebrae, then another surgery fused those vertebrae in his SPINE. That's at least two, possibly three, spinal surgeries. There's a reason (several, actually) he missed the whole season despite watching his team plummet to the Leagues worst record.

I can't believe ANYONE would still complain about the signing of Manning over Tebow. It truly astounds me. There was absolutely NO future with Tebow as our starting QB. Manning will at least allow us to build over the next couple of years while getting great training for a following QB. What would a young QB learn from Tebow???? Amazing.
What would a young QB learn from Elway? Perhaps how to read a D, go through progressions, anticipate receivers briefly getting open and not Helicopter unless necessary. Elway is probably the most qualified tutor for Tebow after Steve Young. But OK, fine; say we decide Tebow will never be the answer: He would still be a more than adequate backup while we got an Andrew Luck for Elway and Co. to train. Manning just gives us a couple years of expensive false hope dashed when we watch DTs beat him into the ground with his own awful guards, while restricting our ability to sign quality FAs to fill our many other holes. Manning only made sense for a team on the cusp of greatness where an elite QB would catapult them over the top before retiring; frankly, I wish the Texans had signed him, though if they had the cap room Mario Williams would still be there and Dreesen wouldn't be in Denver.

Tebow didn't "lead us to the playoffs" with an 8-8 record, folks. Orton had an 8-8 record just 2 years prior and didn't make it. We made it to th eplayoffs because the rest of the division sucked-ass, and an 8-8 was actually the best record. Thats just luck. So please. Don't tell me that this "better do better inthe playoffs to improve on what Tebow did" crap. Thats complete and utter CRAP.
Luck, and the NFL tie-break procedure, certainly played a role; I remember a year when we were 9-7 and had tiebreaks over every other non-division winner outside ours—but they had the tie-breaks over KC, who had a better Division record than us, so the only way we could make the playoffs was if KC was the #5 seed, which was impossible since they'd have to finish a game ahead of every bubble team except us. All that said, the AFCW wasn't a BAD Division last year; it just wasn't a good one: Strictly average, from "top" to "bottom" (a difference of a single game.) We got shellacked by three very good teams (GB, NE and Detroit,) yet not only competed with all the rest, but went 8-5 against them. That wasn't all the QB, of course, but how many times did he put Denver on his back in the 4th quarter and carry us to victory? Miami? NY? SD? Heck, he almost did it against SD TWICE, but Orton had already let that game get so far away from us there was no retrieving it. Was breaking a playoff passing record against the #1 overall and #1 passing D, with his go to receiver on the sideline, also just luck? Tebow's gone now so it doesn't matter to Denvers future, but credit where due, man.

JOEL, usually a very smart guy who sees the big picture, you missed the pink elephant in the green room !
with TEBOW at QB, what free agent wanted to come to denver?
nobody !

we couldnt keep anyone of our own looking for a ring!
PM brings credibility, and this off season EVERYONE wanted to come to denver once we signed PM!
you think ER isnt kicking himself every day for leaving the mile high prior to the PM signing?
how the F do you think ER got injured?

PM in
TT out

thats the best addition and subtraction moves of the entire NFL off season !
JE is the best mathematition since pythagorus, and he only needed addition and subtraction to work all the angles.

joe, if you cant recognize hat we are better off with TT gone and PM as his replacement, then I can only pray for the return of your sanity, and hope it will re-emerge once you see the clown show that is the jets come regular season !
I've seen the Jets three ring circus before; like I say, I feel sorry for Tebow, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's pressed into service within a month (how hard can it be to take Mark Sanchezs job, but what does it say about the Jets offensive coaching that they expected first Sanchez and now a massive project player to be their franchise QB?) Free agents, however, follow money first and foremost; Manning proved that himself, and the $20/million we'll pay him each of the next two years would've convinced a lot of guys to suck it up and hope Tebow developed beyond a .500 record while they were cashing their massive checks. Now our pitch is just "well, we can't pay you, because all our money's in Manning, but at least you get to play with him for a few months!" And enjoy that same .500 record. Only difference is Tebow or another QB offered at least some faint hope they could be on a perennial playoff team in a few years; all Manning offers then is calls from the Bahamas to reminisce about the good old days.

guitarj
08-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Awesome thread. I'm in tears laughing!

Sent using Forum Runner

DenBronx
08-30-2012, 09:12 PM

:lol:

Chef Zambini
08-31-2012, 01:17 PM
joel, my man, you FAILED to adress that PM was an atraction to other free agents, while TT was a repellant!
ALSO, not only did JE WANT to get rid of TT, TT ALSO waned out! T chose the jets over his hometown team tha even offered MORE MONEY !
why?
because TT believed he would get a chance to play on sunday and not sit behind PM or anyone else as a jet! even if he could not be the STARTER, he would still get snaps and be on the field!
I continue to admire TT for putting PLAYING above all else.
I continue to remind everyone tha T is a poor excuse for a PASSER of the football.
everyone who talks about TT describes him as a great "FOOTBALL PLAYER"
thats because they dont want to ever be quted regarding his talent as a "QUARTERBACK" !
JOE and others, stop pinining over the loss of TT as a BACK-UP". T did NOT wan to be a back-up in denver and JE did not want TT around because of the clownshow he brought with him !
and the retarded morons who claimed JE was jealous of TT need to be slapped, kicked and punched in the groin for their mindless stoopididty !
If JE was motivated by jealousy, he never would have brought PM to dove valley !

Chef Zambini
08-31-2012, 01:23 PM
... oh and BTW, if hitler is so pissed about over-paying PM then he never should have gassed and burned his jew accountant , who would have been more fiscally responsable.

Simple Jaded
08-31-2012, 08:30 PM
Can unrefrigerated milk play QB? I'm gonna go ahead and go out on a limb and say that Tebow is a better Pro QB than unrefrigerated milk at this point but not with 100% certainty.

Joel; the only man on the planet that thinks it's a bad idea to pay a QB what he's worth unless he wins the next two SB's.......

Nomad
08-31-2012, 09:11 PM
:lol:

The tags for this thread are funny. But that photo is hilarious. I hope Joel has a sense of humor.

Joel
09-01-2012, 08:28 AM
joel, my man, you FAILED to adress that PM was an atraction to other free agents, while TT was a repellant!
No, I covered that: Free agents are attracted first and foremost by the MONEY we don't have to spend after signing Manning. Why did Free Agent Peyton Manning join a .500 team with awful pass protection and green receivers a year after it finished next to last in the League? Because we paid him $20 million. Offer four or five Pro Bowlers that money to play with Tim Tebow and they'll cry all the way to the bank, and if we had four or five Pro Bowlers we could plausibly be talking Super Bowl, not just now, but for half a decade. Instead, we've got about 18 months (maybe) to win that Super Bowl, then we're shopping for a new QB.

ALSO, not only did JE WANT to get rid of TT, TT ALSO waned out! T chose the jets over his hometown team tha even offered MORE MONEY !
why?
because TT believed he would get a chance to play on sunday and not sit behind PM or anyone else as a jet! even if he could not be the STARTER, he would still get snaps and be on the field!
I continue to admire TT for putting PLAYING above all else.
I continue to remind everyone tha T is a poor excuse for a PASSER of the football.
everyone who talks about TT describes him as a great "FOOTBALL PLAYER"
thats because they dont want to ever be quted regarding his talent as a "QUARTERBACK" !
JOE and others, stop pinining over the loss of TT as a BACK-UP". T did NOT wan to be a back-up in denver and JE did not want TT around because of the clownshow he brought with him !
and the retarded morons who claimed JE was jealous of TT need to be slapped, kicked and punched in the groin for their mindless stoopididty !
If JE was motivated by jealousy, he never would have brought PM to dove valley !
I certainly agree with the last; Elway's motivated by the teams interests, and continuing its ignominy as a Broncos exec would hardly add luster to his legacy. And yes, ONCE WE SIGNED MANNING it was a foregone conclusion Tebow wanted out, though I personally think him badly mistaken since a couple years studying under Elway and Manning would probably have given him the skills he never learned to match the talent he's always had, and when Manning rode off into the sunset in 2013/4 he'd have the starting job. Instead, he'll get the tutelage of Rex Ryan, Tony Sporano and Mark Sanchez, to which I can only say, "God help him."

That still doesn't make it smart to bet the farm on a guy who'll be done in two years (max.) Trading for Luck would've been better, because it would have long term benefits, though the number of draft picks the Colts would've wanted combined with the uncertainty in any rookie would make that chancey also. However, at least it would have a long term upside without consuming all our cap space. Personally, I still think the smart thing was to get a capable vet backup and go with Tebow for a full year after an off season of intensive Elway tutelage, which would have one of two results:

1) Tebow blossoms into a legit and dangerous dual threat franchise QB, and we're left looking for a complementary backup next draft (or just looking at other positions.)

2) Tebow explodes on the launch pad and we end up a 4-12 team in a great position to draft a franchise QB who'll play for the next decade (not two seasons) without costing us $20 million/year.

Can unrefrigerated milk play QB? I'm gonna go ahead and go out on a limb and say that Tebow is a better Pro QB than unrefrigerated milk at this point but not with 100% certainty.

Joel; the only man on the planet that thinks it's a bad idea to pay a QB what he's worth unless he wins the next two SB's.......
I don't object to paying anyone what they're worth; the question is whether a 36 year old QB who missed all of last season after multiple spinal surgeries is worth $20 million. It's not like our only options were 1) make Tebow our franchise QB or 2) make Manning our franchise QB. If they were, however, I'd take the one who'll still be playing in 2014.

The tags for this thread are funny. But that photo is hilarious. I hope Joel has a sense of humor.
None whatsoever! ;)

MOtorboat
09-01-2012, 08:38 AM
Haha.

All those words over a quarterback who can barely complete basic passes like slants and outs.

Poet
09-01-2012, 01:01 PM
I wish I had Peyton Manning on my team.

Chef Zambini
09-01-2012, 01:03 PM
No, I covered that: Free agents are attracted first and foremost by the MONEY we don't have to spend after signing Manning. Why did Free Agent Peyton Manning join a .500 team with awful pass protection and green receivers a year after it finished next to last in the League? Because we paid him $20 million. Offer four or five Pro Bowlers that money to play with Tim Tebow and they'll cry all the way to the bank, and if we had four or five Pro Bowlers we could plausibly be talking Super Bowl, not just now, but for half a decade. Instead, we've got about 18 months (maybe) to win that Super Bowl, then we're shopping for a new QB.

I certainly agree with the last; Elway's motivated by the teams interests, and continuing its ignominy as a Broncos exec would hardly add luster to his legacy. And yes, ONCE WE SIGNED MANNING it was a foregone conclusion Tebow wanted out, though I personally think him badly mistaken since a couple years studying under Elway and Manning would probably have given him the skills he never learned to match the talent he's always had, and when Manning rode off into the sunset in 2013/4 he'd have the starting job. Instead, he'll get the tutelage of Rex Ryan, Tony Sporano and Mark Sanchez, to which I can only say, "God help him."

That still doesn't make it smart to bet the farm on a guy who'll be done in two years (max.) Trading for Luck would've been better, because it would have long term benefits, though the number of draft picks the Colts would've wanted combined with the uncertainty in any rookie would make that chancey also. However, at least it would have a long term upside without consuming all our cap space. Personally, I still think the smart thing was to get a capable vet backup and go with Tebow for a full year after an off season of intensive Elway tutelage, which would have one of two results:

1) Tebow blossoms into a legit and dangerous dual threat franchise QB, and we're left looking for a complementary backup next draft (or just looking at other positions.)

2) Tebow explodes on the launch pad and we end up a 4-12 team in a great position to draft a franchise QB who'll play for the next decade (not two seasons) without costing us $20 million/year.

I don't object to paying anyone what they're worth; the question is whether a 36 year old QB who missed all of last season after multiple spinal surgeries is worth $20 million. It's not like our only options were 1) make Tebow our franchise QB or 2) make Manning our franchise QB. If they were, however, I'd take the one who'll still be playing in 2014.

None whatsoever! ;)thanks joe for the responses, its a pleasure having a dialogue / debate with you !
it would appear your biggest concern in all this is PMs durablity...
I am not a doctor, i dont even play one on TV, but the handfull of REAL doctors who have examined PM, say he is good to go!
and before the surgerys, he NEVER missed a game !
thats some brett farvre kind of durability !
your greatest concern should be your least !
TT exploding on the launch pad?
elway planned on that LAST year, it blew up in his face !
ELWAY wanted LUCK ! playing TT was suppose to secure that top draft pick, that gameplan failed! see JE vomiting in his mouth as TT does something spectacular.
but, TT will NEVER be a long term answer at QB. he is at best a short term circus, a gimick and a media attraction !
he is not, and will NEVER be a quality full time NFL QB....NEVER !
he is the hardest working man on the face of the earth, he has played football for 15 years at QB and he still cant throw a football with any consistency!
as a passer he SUCKS ! TT is just another example of ego getting in the way of reality !
TT would make a great FB, maybe even a great TE, but he will never be anything other than a sub par / giommick QB !

Chef Zambini
09-01-2012, 01:13 PM
at the end of last year elway was stuck with a QB he did not want,lost his shot at the QB he always coveted, and left with the reality of NEEDING a real NFl QB while also finding a way to rid himself of TT a potential Pr nightmare!
PEYTON MANNING was the perfecxt answer to all tyhese problems !
I think PM has a 3-5 year window of opportunity, but even if it is only TWO it will be worth it to get out from under the circus freak joke that was tebow !

Poet
09-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Chef, I have basically read that same post from you no less than 25 times.

Ravage!!!
09-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Chef, I have basically read that same post from you no less than 25 times.

get ready to read how we are 'hiding' Osweiller because Elway is too scared to put him in.....about as many of times. :coffee:

Chef Zambini
09-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Chef, I have basically read that same post from you no less than 25 times.and yet I continue to be mis-quoteds and told that I am not making myself clear.

Joel
09-01-2012, 03:25 PM
thanks joe for the responses, its a pleasure having a dialogue / debate with you !
No problem; happy to oblige.

it would appear your biggest concern in all this is PMs durablity...
I am not a doctor, i dont even play one on TV, but the handfull of REAL doctors who have examined PM, say he is good to go!
and before the surgerys, he NEVER missed a game !
thats some brett farvre kind of durability !
your greatest concern should be your least !
It's a combination of durability, our awful guards and age, with the last my chief concern. A window of 3-5 years? How many 38-40 year old QBs do you know of, let alone GOOD ones? If Manning were Montana he'd be retired NOW; if Elway, he'd have two years; if Brett "Ironman" Favre, five. Right now we have Peyton Manning; in a couple years we'll have Steve DeBerg, and be paying him $20 million/season. His recent injuries and our awful line are just further evidence of that, but it would be true regardless.

TT exploding on the launch pad?
elway planned on that LAST year, it blew up in his face !
ELWAY wanted LUCK ! playing TT was suppose to secure that top draft pick, that gameplan failed! see JE vomiting in his mouth as TT does something spectacular.
but, TT will NEVER be a long term answer at QB. he is at best a short term circus, a gimick and a media attraction !
he is not, and will NEVER be a quality full time NFL QB....NEVER !
he is the hardest working man on the face of the earth, he has played football for 15 years at QB and he still cant throw a football with any consistency!
as a passer he SUCKS ! TT is just another example of ego getting in the way of reality !
TT would make a great FB, maybe even a great TE, but he will never be anything other than a sub par / giommick QB !
Your argument against another year of Tebow is that he didn't suck enough last year? :confused:

Poet
09-01-2012, 03:59 PM
get ready to read how we are 'hiding' Osweiller because Elway is too scared to put him in.....about as many of times. :coffee:

That's a new one.

Simple Jaded
09-01-2012, 08:02 PM
I wish I had Peyton Manning on my team.
No, no! The smart thing to do woulda been to trade for Tim Tebow and let him either blossom or explode on the launch pad. Wtf do you want with a QB that is two years away from being Steve DeBerg?.......

Simple Jaded
09-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Btw, Joel, the Broncos won't be shopping for a new QB in 2 years, they just drafted a dude named Brock Osweiler to be the QBotF. He's already light years ahead of Tebow as a passer so whattaya say you let that play out before you cry about the sky falling?

You wanted Tim Tebow but the Broncos clearly do not see whatever it is that you think you see. When your QB is as bad as Tebow was last year it is absolutely irresponsible to not replace him. Common sense dictates that they had to replace last years QB, you thought they should plan for the future, the Denver Broncos did both! You should be applauding their decision.

Can you imagine what Joel would have done of the Broncos traded Tebow and replaced him with just Osweiler? Somebody take away Joel's shoe laces.......

DenBronx
09-01-2012, 08:29 PM
SXIEtNB7Xw4

DenBronx
09-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Hey here's where you can easily make your own parady video. I'm going to try it...

http://downfall.jfedor.org/create/

Joel
09-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Btw, Joel, the Broncos won't be shopping for a new QB in 2 years, they just drafted a dude named Brock Osweiler to be the QBotF. He's already light years ahead of Tebow as a passer so whattaya say you let that play out before you cry about the sky falling?

You wanted Tim Tebow but the Broncos clearly do not see whatever it is that you think you see. When your QB is as bad as Tebow was last year it is absolutely irresponsible to not replace him. Common sense dictates that they had to replace last years QB, you thought they should plan for the future, the Denver Broncos did both! You should be applauding their decision.

Can you imagine what Joel would have done of the Broncos traded Tebow and replaced him with just Osweiler? Somebody take away Joel's shoe laces.......
I've not seen him play, but from what I hear we'd have to take EVERYONES shoelaces if Osweiler were our top QB, because this is the first time I've heard anyone say he was light years ahead of anyone. Maybe that'll change in two years time; I sure hope so, because our QB depth chart surely will.

Simple Jaded
09-02-2012, 02:11 AM
I've not seen him play, but from what I hear we'd have to take EVERYONES shoelaces if Osweiler were our top QB, because this is the first time I've heard anyone say he was light years ahead of anyone. Maybe that'll change in two years time; I sure hope so, because our QB depth chart surely will.
Osweiler (and every other QB in the NFL) can complete passes to the right side of the field on a consistent basis. With Tebow there was the dig and curl to the left and some random bucket throws, other than that the rest of the field was basically out of play.

You keep predicting the end of the world, Joel, and while it may come true there isn't a GM on the planet that wouldn't take the same risk.......

Chef Zambini
09-02-2012, 03:01 AM

In this video, which you acknowledge you have not watched, Hitler snaps when he hears that they just signed a QB with as many issues as Manning for the amount that we did. Joel was, as everyone else who is commenting on this thread except for you, pretending that the satire subtitle really are what Hitler said when he was told about something that actually happened 67 years after his death. We all know that the subtitles are not real, but are actually the personal view of the person that altered the actual video's subtitles in order for him/her to make their point. Joel is simply saying that he agrees with the points being made in the subtitles, & I then acknowledged that the points brought up in the subtitles where the very reasons that I thought we'd never pursue Manning in the 1st place.I cant believe you went to he trouble typing all this for those too lasy to watch a funny video;
what makes you think they would then take the time to read your well written but extended explanation?
nice try.

hotcarl
09-07-2012, 09:57 PM
I cant believe you went to he trouble typing all this for those too lasy to watch a funny video;
what makes you think they would then take the time to read your well written but extended explanation?
nice try.

lol