PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' roster moves and cuts 8-27 and 8-31

Pages : [1] 2

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@PostBroncos

No surprise on Hunter move. Can’t hold a roster spot for a four-month recovery from triceps surgery. #Broncos

There’s one RT@Denver_Broncos: The Broncos have placed defensive end Jason Hunter on injured reserve.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2012, 02:17 PM

Broncos announce Lonie Paxton among the players cut to get roster to 75.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2012, 02:17 PM
indsay Jones ‏@PostBroncos

Cut list: Lonie Paxton, Elliot Coffey, Mark Dell, Cameron Kenney, Anthony Miller, Cyril Obiozor, Xavier Omon, Anthony Perkins ..

turftoad
08-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Not Lonie Paxton. :listen:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2012, 02:20 PM

Because Paxton is a vested veteran, he was released. All others go on waivers.

More #Broncos cuts: Ramzee Robinson, Mike Remmers, Austin Sylvester, Austin Wuebbels

TXBRONC
08-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Not Lonie Paxton. :listen:

I wouldn't be surprised if he found his way back to New England.

underrated29
08-27-2012, 02:24 PM

Frau just had an orgasm in pure spite.

Buff
08-27-2012, 02:24 PM
I just hope our new long snapper has frosted tips and a tribal band.

DenBronx
08-27-2012, 02:25 PM
I never agreed with the Paxton signing. We let a multi talented guy with a much cheaper salary go to bring him in and Lonnie never won us any games during his time here.

Yep another McFail moment in time. This should just bang the nail further into the coffin.

Thnikkaman
08-27-2012, 02:27 PM
No Caleb Hanie on that list?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2012, 02:27 PM

Rookie Aaron Brewer RT @BBonesteel21: Who is pulling LS duties with Paxton gone?

DenBronx
08-27-2012, 02:28 PM
I just hope our new long snapper has frosted tips and a tribal band.

well he can go frost himself in NE now.

Denver Native (Carol)
No Caleb Hanie on that list?

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

John Fox said Caleb Hanie impressed yesterday. But internally, they're still considering different options for "plan B".

pnbronco
I wouldn't be surprised if he found his way back to New England.

Heck he will have a new job by tonight. The man made 99% of his snaps. Wow did not see this coming. Had to be about the money. I bet Brewer is as shocked as anyone. I really am in shock :shocked:....just hope it does not bite us in the butt later in the year.

I am also surprised that Xavier Omon was cut in the first round. I thought he would be later to try to get him on the PS....

getlynched47
08-27-2012, 02:29 PM
I never agreed with the Paxton signing. We let a multi talented guy with a much cheaper salary go to bring him in and Lonnie never won us any games during his time here.

Yep another McFail moment in time. This should just bang the nail further into the coffin.

Win games for us? He's a freakin longsnapper :laugh: :lol: :laugh:

"We're counting on our longsnapper to win this game for us" - said no one ever.

underrated29
08-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Heck he will have a new job by tonight. The man made 99% of his snaps. Wow did not see this coming. Had to be about the money. I bet Brewer is as shocked as anyone. I really am in shock :shocked:....just hope it does not bite us in the butt later in the year.

I am also surprised that Xavier Omon was cut in the first round. I thought he would be later to try to get him on the PS....

my boy xavier was drafted by buffalo and has used up all of his PS eligibility. That is why he can not go to the PS.

pnbronco
08-27-2012, 02:32 PM
I just hope our new long snapper has frosted tips and a tribal band.a

Nope he was Viking Boy, but not anymore. He got the rookie shave. It was cute he's was wearing a beanie yesterday after the game, don't think he is use to no hair, I mean it was still close to 90 when they came out....:laugh:

TXBRONC
08-27-2012, 02:32 PM

There has be more to the story than just money concerning Paxton.

Traveler
08-27-2012, 02:33 PM

WOW! They really are intent on removing the ghost of JMFMcD.

Maybe Blake takes over those duties.

EDIT: Thought I saw that Brewer was also cut. My mistake.

pnbronco
08-27-2012, 02:33 PM
my boy xavier was drafted by buffalo and has used up all of his PS eligibility. That is why he can not go to the PS.

Didn't know that.... Well dang... liked what I saw from him and he seemed to do a lot on ST.

jhildebrand
08-27-2012, 02:36 PM
McDaniel's guys definitely are being eradicated from the roster. Thank goodness.

Northman
08-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Too bad McD wasnt in charge in NE. I would love to see him dismantle that team.

TXBRONC
08-27-2012, 02:40 PM
WOW! They really are intent on removing the ghost of JMFMcD.

Maybe Blake takes over those duties.

I don't if that's what the intent is but that's case there is still about dozen or so players that still holdovers which the likes of D. Thomas, and Decker.

Northman
08-27-2012, 02:42 PM
If they really want wipe McDaniels finger prints from the team that would mean trying to find a way to get rid Walton, Beadles, D. Thomas, Decker, Ayers and Bruton.

Ayers may be finding his way closer and closer to that. lol

Ziggy
08-27-2012, 02:45 PM

Long snappers don't win games, but they sure as heck can lose them.

Traveler
08-27-2012, 02:45 PM
If they really want wipe McDaniels finger prints from the team that would mean trying to find a way to get rid Walton, Beadles, D. Thomas, Decker, Ayers and Bruton.

True. I'll change that to most of the finger prints. Notwithstanding Lombardi's tweet, I will also say that neither Moreno nor Ayers are safe yet IMO.

getlynched47
08-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Longsnappers don't win games, but they sure as heck can lose them.

Absolutely true. But I found it incredibly hilarious that somebody would say "Lonnie Paxton never helped us win games" :lol:

DenBronx
08-27-2012, 02:49 PM

Exactly, which is why I didn't like his contract or us getting him in the first place,

Thank you for clarifying my statement.

Ziggy
08-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Little known fact: Tamme and Dreesen have both been used as long snappers in both college and the NFL. Aaron Brewer by no means has the job locked up.

pnbronco
08-27-2012, 02:52 PM

That what's worries me. I didn't like it to begin with because I am a major Mike Leach fan. However it's just hard to argue with 99% success rate. I just can't imagine what else it would be other than the money. He was one of the top paid LS out there. I turned on the radio to see what they are saying, I am shocked.

DenBronx
08-27-2012, 02:52 PM

Yeah but a clocks right twice a day. I mean when you pick in the first it's hard to miss and DT was a projected 1st round talent.

getlynched47
08-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Little known fact: Tamme and Dreesen have both been used as long snappers in both college and the NFL. Aaron Brewer by no means has the job locked up.

Another little-known fact: Vic Lombardi tweeted that John Fox stated that Aaron Brewer won the job.

TXBRONC
08-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Ayers may be finding his way closer and closer to that. lol

I agree.

MileHighCrew
08-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Along with Paxton, here is the list from PFT.com
The Broncos also waived the following players: linebacker Elliot Coffey, wide receiver Mark Dell, wide receiver Cameron Kenney, tight end Anthony Miller, defensive end Cyril Obiozor, running back Xavier Omon, safety Anthony Perkins, tackle Mike Remmers, cornerback Ramzee Robinson, fullback Austin Sylvester and guard Austin Wuebbels.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/27/broncos-get-down-to-75/

pnbronco
08-27-2012, 02:57 PM

Dressen was working on the LS a lot yesterday before the game. Paxton hits the same spot every time with who every he is snapping to. Dressen was towards the guy, but not even close to the same spot. BTW I got a field pass at the last minute yesterday so the snapping was right in front of me where I could see the different. I even mentioned why is Dressen doing this, then I thought oh yea they need a back up.

BroncoJoe
08-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Eh to Paxton. We're not going to be punting much anyway.

(yes, I realize they're used for FG's too...)

TXBRONC
08-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Yeah but a clocks right twice a day. I mean when you pick in the first it's hard to miss and DT was a projected 1st round talent.

Elway and Fox wiped away many of finger prints that McDaniels left behind and there's probably few more to go but keep what works. If guys like Decker and D. Thomas develop into top flight players under Fox then fact that McDaniels drafted them becomes an after thought.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2012, 03:27 PM
Another little-known fact: Vic Lombardi tweeted that John Fox stated that Aaron Brewer won the job.

I check Vic's account all of the time, and I don't see that there, unless everything is not posted online.

turftoad
08-27-2012, 03:28 PM
No big suprises so far.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2012, 04:00 PM
from article:

The Broncos roster now has 75 players. The team will make 22 more roster moves on Friday. Linebacker D.J. Williams and tight end Virgil Green are expected to be moved to the reserved/suspended list.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21410579/denver-broncos-waive-xavier-omon-release-lonie-paxton

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2012, 04:07 PM
The biggest surprise was Paxton. He has been an NFL longsnapper for 12 years, the first nine with New England where he earned three Super Bowl rings. Paxton was scheduled to make the veteran minimum salary of $925,000 so it doesn’t appear to be a financial decision. The Broncos believe undrafted rookie Aaron Brewer is more athletic and will be able to get downfield to make plays in coverage.

Brewer had 15 special teams tackles in 50 games at San Diego State. Paxton had five tackles in 48 games for the Broncos.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/08/27/broncos-waive-rookie-austin-wuebbels-te-anthony-miller/15121/

chazoe60
08-27-2012, 04:29 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/08/27/broncos-waive-rookie-austin-wuebbels-te-anthony-miller/15121/

That right there is the biggest reason why I hated letting Leach go and signing Paxton. Leach was constantly getting involved in ST tackles, I never saw Paxton do a damn thing on STs other than snap. Oh, and Leach was just as good at that as Paxton was.

We should have known what a moron McD was when he did that stupid move.

dogfish
08-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Eh to Paxton. We're not going to be punting much anyway.

(yes, I realize they're used for FG's too...)

<3 .

dogfish
08-27-2012, 04:44 PM
That right there is the biggest reason why I hated letting Leach go and signing Paxton. Leach was constantly getting involved in ST tackles, I never saw Paxton do a damn thing on STs other than snap. Oh, and Leach was just as good at that as Paxton was.

We should have known what a moron McD was when he did that stupid move.

leach was a better all-around player than paxton, no question-- it was a retarded move, perfect preview of the horror that was about to follow. . .

SmilinAssasSin27
08-27-2012, 06:18 PM
So is Malik a lock to make the squad since Hunter went on the IR?

pnbronco
08-27-2012, 06:45 PM
The more I heard on the radio of why Paxton was cut the more I believe it was about the money. They will save about 1 million on the salary cap between his salary and Brewers. Since Paxton has been in the league for 12 years the least he could make was $ 925,000 so it's not even like he could restructure it to stay in Denver. He will have to wait a least a week before another team can pick him up or they will have to pay the full contract was what I think I heard.

Oh and for those of you not in Denver, Lonnie has done a lot for our community. He is a article of what he has done with his foundation. He had 2 fund raisers I year that I know of. A draft party that friends of mine just loved and something with Clay Pigeon Shooting.

In 2003, Paxton and two friends formed the Active Force Foundation, an organization with a goal to provide sports and entertainment outlets for disabled people. When Paxton came to Denver from New England in 2009, he extended his foundation to include wounded military veterans.

Read more: Broncos long-snapper Lonie Paxton: Reinventing the wheel(s) - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19375130#ixzz24nDaaRXn
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

He did the job he was brought in for. Never had to say his name once the season started. I loved Mike Leach and hated that he was cut, however I have never seen that as a reason to be mean to Lonnie. I wish him and his family only the very best.

Ziggy
08-27-2012, 06:45 PM
So is Malik a lock to make the squad since Hunter went on the IR?

Malik has played DT for most of the preseason. Even without Hunter going on IR, I think he would have been a lock. He has consistently held the point of attack, collapsed the pocket, and had some good penetrations in the preseason. He's earned a spot.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Lonie Paxton was only a Bronco for three seasons, but he became active in the local community not long after he arrived.

Paxton held an annual draft day bowling party and a skeet shooting tournament, both benefiting the Active Force Foundation.

Paxton was released by the Broncos Monday afternoon, and issued a statement through Pro Link Sports.

“I would like to thank the Denver Broncos fans, organization and media for their support for me, my family and for the Active Force Foundation. My support for the Denver and Colorado community will never change even if my uniform does. Our Wounded Warriors will continue to be a priority for AFF in Colorado along with the Colorado Adaptive Sport Foundation & community.”

Paxton told me last fall that he and his wife, who gave birth to twins last spring, would like to remain in Colorado when his football career is over. Then, he figured the Broncos will be his last stop. I would imagine that Paxton will have another NFL job in the very near future.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/08/27/lonie-paxton-releases-statement-thanking-denver/15131/

MOtorboat
08-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Oh man, what a douche.

:rolleyes:

:moremcdanielsrage:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2012, 08:09 PM
The biggest name in the AFC West to be cut so far is Denver Broncos long snapper Lonie Paxton.

He was considered one of the best in the NFL at his position and there were no indications he was in trouble. Paxton will be replaced by rookie free agent Aaron Brewer. In a conference call with media members Monday, Denver coach John Fox explained why the team chose Brewer over Paxton.

“He’s an exceptional athlete,” Fox said of Brewer, a San Diego State product. “A lot of times with a snapper one of the things you look at is the protection element. He is like a center on the offensive line. He picked that up very, very quickly. He’s very athletic so he’s a really good cover guy for a center. A lot of times, people on punt returns don't count that guy. We just felt great about his upside and his performance in the preseason games.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/47458/john-fox-explains-snapper-choice

Jsteve01
08-27-2012, 08:25 PM
I thought the same thing regarding this move. All about the money but when you go back and look at Brewer, you see that they wanted more emphasis on a well rounded player at the position. I really liked Lonnie, but he was a huge downgrade in coverage vs Mike Leach. Brewer has an impact as a coverage guy and was the third rated LS coming out of high school. Oh btw he was an all league line backer in high school so he has that mentallity. I'll miss Lonnie but love having an extra guy in the returners face rather than hanging around the LOS.

Dzone
08-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Brewer looks like her should have stayed in san diego so he could surf. 6-5 and 225, the dude is skinny and needs a haircut. Did he get his rookie head shaved? Lets hope so. I do like the idea that he can tackle thoughhttp://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/Aaron-Brewer/59a4ce72-56be-4a74-ad12-af5df2ec4f23

Dzone
08-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Xavier Oman has used up all his PS eligibility. If he cant stick with another team, he is out of the league. I think he has been with like 6 teams. If he was really all that good, someone would have tried to keep him. Mediocre at best. If Knowshon can stay healthy, he will contribute a lot to this offense. Thats a big IF

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Brewer looks like her should have stayed in san diego so he could surf. 6-5 and 225, the dude is skinny and needs a haircut. Did he get his rookie head shaved? Lets hope so. I do like the idea that he can tackle thoughhttp://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/Aaron-Brewer/59a4ce72-56be-4a74-ad12-af5df2ec4f23

Ronnie Hillman was on with Vic tonight on Xfinity Monday Live, and, according to him, Brewer no longer has hair - LOL

underrated29
08-27-2012, 11:07 PM
Xavier Oman has used up all his PS eligibility. If he cant stick with another team, he is out of the league. I think he has been with like 6 teams. If he was really all that good, someone would have tried to keep him. Mediocre at best. If Knowshon can stay healthy, he will contribute a lot to this offense. Thats a big IF

To the best of my knowledge, my boy omon has only been with the bills and us. Just two teams. I am sure he will get a look somewhere else. dallas, det, ten, oakland, nyj

dogfish
08-27-2012, 11:13 PM
this was the easy cut. . . the next one is the tough one. . .

frauschieze
08-27-2012, 11:32 PM

Frau just had an orgasm in pure spite.

No one texted me, called, emailed? What the WTF?! Biggest news of the whole off season.

Cut that meat!

underrated29
08-27-2012, 11:39 PM
No one texted me, called, emailed? What the WTF?! Biggest news of the whole off season.

Cut that meat!

Didnt want to disturb you moment of Ecstasy

Timmy!
08-28-2012, 12:26 AM

Cut that meat!

I was going to email ur old work email, figured it probably wouldnt work........

HORSEPOWER 56
08-28-2012, 06:20 AM
To the best of my knowledge, my boy omon has only been with the bills and us. Just two teams. I am sure he will get a look somewhere else. dallas, det, ten, oakland, nyj

If we don't pick up another RB after cuts are finished then Omon will be the first guy that gets the call when, inevitably, one of our RBs gets dinged. I'm not holding my breath that Moreno (who I think makes the roster) and McGahee can make it the whole season without some form of injury. That leaves Ball and Hillman (who is already nursing a hammy that we all know won't get back to 100% throughout the season and will probably nag him on and off all year).

I think Omon and JJ (who I think gets the axe in the next round of cuts) should keep their phones nearby. The Broncos will probably be calling them sooner or later.

Northman
08-28-2012, 07:07 AM

Cut that meat!

Wow, you still exist? :lol:

MileHighCrew
08-28-2012, 07:26 AM
If we don't pick up another RB after cuts are finished then Omon will be the first guy that gets the call when, inevitably, one of our RBs gets dinged. I'm not holding my breath that Moreno (who I think makes the roster) and McGahee can make it the whole season without some form of injury. That leaves Ball and Hillman (who is already nursing a hammy that we all know won't get back to 100% throughout the season and will probably nag him on and off all year).

I think Omon and JJ (who I think gets the axe in the next round of cuts) should keep their phones nearby. The Broncos will probably be calling them sooner or later.

I think if JJ gets cut, which is very possible, he wont be around long enough for the Broncos to call him.

Jsteve01
08-28-2012, 08:45 AM
I obviously am not a paid nfl personnel guy but I really don't see what Knowshon brings to the table over a JJ. Every camp report last year from Lammey talked about how much better Johnson's vision and athleticism were. Obviously Studesville has a huge say in this type of stuff, but at the end of the day all you need to tell me is that somehow this staff thought KnoMo was a better back than McGahee coming out of camp last year, and I begin to question their methodology in back evaluation.

Traveler
08-28-2012, 09:15 AM
I obviously am not a paid nfl personnel guy but I really don't see what Knowshon brings to the table over a JJ. Every camp report last year from Lammey talked about how much better Johnson's vision and athleticism were. Obviously Studesville has a huge say in this type of stuff, but at the end of the day all you need to tell me is that somehow this staff thought KnoMo was a better back than McGahee coming out of camp last year, and I begin to question their methodology in back evaluation.

The only thing Moreno does better than JJ is pass protect. JJ has flashed more in his short time than Moreno has since he was drafted. It's time for the team & Moreno to move on IMO.

Hell, next year we can draft McGahee's eventual replacement. Hopefully the kid from Arkansas is available. Knile Davis- big back with speed, but coming off a serious ankle injury. Most early scouting has him going in the 2nd or 3rd round.

We'd then have two power backs (McGahee & Davis) and two change of pace RB's ( Hillman & JJ).

frauschieze
08-28-2012, 09:45 AM

Cut that meat!

Wow, you still exist? :lol:

Discussions of long snappers are my Bat Signal.

underrated29
08-28-2012, 11:03 AM

pretty much everything. Also, lammy is super bias against knowshon and loves him some JJ....I think even the people who dont care for either back would tell you knowshon is better than JJ at everything.

Northman
08-28-2012, 11:07 AM

Definitely difficult to tell as Johnson rarely gets to play with the firsts. But, like you i like his speed and vision compared to Moreno. KnoMo still looks decent when catching out of the backfield but to me thats something that Ball and Johnson can do just as well. When Moreno was running behind the line he was still trying to crawl up the Oline's ass instead of hitting the lanes like he is supposed too. As too why they keep him i think it has more to do with where he was drafted. No team likes to just throw out a 1st rounder and feel like they got jobbed (which we did). Had Moreno been a later round pick he probably would of been cut long ago. Right now its just the team "hoping" he can show them what it was that got him drafted at #12.

Ravage!!!
08-28-2012, 11:20 AM
Definitely difficult to tell as Johnson rarely gets to play with the firsts. But, like you i like his speed and vision compared to Moreno. KnoMo still looks decent when catching out of the backfield but to me thats something that Ball and Johnson can do just as well. When Moreno was running behind the line he was still trying to crawl up the Oline's ass instead of hitting the lanes like he is supposed too. As too why they keep him i think it has more to do with where he was drafted. No team likes to just throw out a 1st rounder and feel like they got jobbed (which we did). Had Moreno been a later round pick he probably would of been cut long ago. Right now its just the team "hoping" he can show them what it was that got him drafted at #12.

Exactly. Some players never get a chance to make it in the NFL because of the expectations of where they were drafted. Moreno looks to be that kind of guy. If he were drafted later, he might be given more leway since people wouldn't be looking at him to be something special. If he was taken in the 3-4th round, where is talent is showing where he should have been taken...two things would have happened. ONe, he would have been cut....but at the same time, his salary wouldn't be as big a hit. Two, he would be looked upon as a complimentary player..and compared to the likes of Johnson on a level basis instead of 'getting the edge' because he was a high round pick.

Unfortunately, Moreno has proved to be nothing more than a big bust for his draft spot, and I dont see him being on the team next season.

Chef Zambini
08-28-2012, 11:51 AM
paxon personified wha was wrong with the JMCD era, chasing away quality players to bring in chronies and highschool buddies and litle brothers !
JMCD was running a summer camp, not an elite NFL franchise.
his first manuever was to dump a team captain in favor of a golf buddy who got he highest conract EVER for someone in his position !
my stomach tweists and sickens just to remember ANy moment of the JMCD era !

Nothing really personnal about LP, I just dispize what he represents !

Ziggy
08-28-2012, 12:35 PM
People are still buying into the Lammey hype on JJ and Julius Thomas. He tried to make them hall of famers in training camp last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see both of them out of the NFL in 2-3 years. Knowshon can't run between the tackles to save his life. His pass protection is superb though. With our interior offensive line and Peyton Manning behind them, that's far more important in a back up than showing the very occasional flash between the tackles. Knowshon also has good hands and works well in space. He's the ideal 3rd down and mid to long range back for this offense. I'm not a big fan of Knowshon, but he is well suited for his role here. He's also a very inexpensive option as a veteran back this year.

Ravage!!!
08-28-2012, 01:03 PM
why is it that anytime a person "talks up" a player, brags about someone, or simply says positive things about a players abilities/or play..... they are trying to make them into "HoFers?" I've heard this so often when talking about players.. whether it be TEs, WRs, QBs, RBs..... it just seems that if you like a person's play, you think they are a HoFer.

MOtorboat
08-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Exactly. Some players never get a chance to make it in the NFL because of the expectations of where they were drafted. Moreno looks to be that kind of guy. If he were drafted later, he might be given more leway since people wouldn't be looking at him to be something special. If he was taken in the 3-4th round, where is talent is showing where he should have been taken...two things would have happened. ONe, he would have been cut....but at the same time, his salary wouldn't be as big a hit. Two, he would be looked upon as a complimentary player..and compared to the likes of Johnson on a level basis instead of 'getting the edge' because he was a high round pick.

Unfortunately, Moreno has proved to be nothing more than a big bust for his draft spot, and I dont see him being on the team next season.

If a third round pick got 2200 all purpose yards in his first two seasons, people would be gushing about how great he is.

Moreno is a good player, but because he's not immediately a HOF-caliber running back, people start screaming about how he sucks. Reality is that, behind McGahee, he's the most accomplished and talented back on the roster.

Jsteve01
08-28-2012, 01:55 PM
If a third round pick got 2200 all purpose yards in his first two seasons, people would be gushing about how great he is.

Moreno is a good player, but because he's not immediately a HOF-caliber running back, people start screaming about how he sucks. Reality is that, behind McGahee, he's the most accomplished and talented back on the roster.

accomplished maybe. Talented well that is debatable. Go back and watch his tape from college. He's never been quick to the hole and never shown superb vision. He is a good pass protector and receiver out of the backfield, but if you toss out JJ's injury and look purely at college film, I would say he looked like the more polished of the two. Polished enough in fact that He split time with Stewart in Oregon.

Traveler
08-28-2012, 02:09 PM

He does suck, but not for the reasons you might think. Moreno does have marginal talent when on the field. My issue with him is that he's not on the field much. He can't stay on the field because he's either injured, not well conditioned or has a breathing problem we aren't aware of. How many times have you seen him pull himself out of games after a few plays gasping for air? Constant hamstring injuries. Can't fault him for his last injury. Having said that, he's been 3-4 years in the league and he has yet to play an entire season.

I had such high hopes for him after watching his games here in GA. Time to move on.....

Traveler
08-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Report: Lions working phones for running back

CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora reports Lions GM Martin Mayhew has been calling other teams in search of a running back.
This report suggests not only that the organization is aiming higher than free agent Ryan Grant, but also that Kevin Smith's ankle injury could end up leaving his status up in the air for the season opener. Saints power back Chris Ivory makes a lot of sense; he's fourth on the depth chart, and undrafted rookie Travaris Cadet has impressed in preseason action.

Source: Jason LaCanfora on Twitter Aug 28 - 2:41 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/239301/report-lions-working-phones-for-running-back

Hopefully the Lions place a call to Denver for Moreno for a conditional pick?

Ziggy
08-28-2012, 04:57 PM
why is it that anytime a person "talks up" a player, brags about someone, or simply says positive things about a players abilities/or play..... they are trying to make them into "HoFers?" I've heard this so often when talking about players.. whether it be TEs, WRs, QBs, RBs..... it just seems that if you like a person's play, you think they are a HoFer.

Here's an fantasy article from last year before the season where Lammey was talking about Thomas.

If Broncos TE Julius Thomas is available in my league is it worth dropping Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski to pick him up?
— Jim, Denver

Lammey: I watched Julius Thomas from the sidelines at the 2011 Shrine Game practices in Orlando, Fla. earlier this year and was very impressed. When I talked to Thomas at the scouting combine in Indianapolis I asked him if he could jump over a Kia and dunk a basketball, to which he replied "yes!"

This kid is a special talent and I feel Broncos fans are going to quickly fall in love with his game. He has Antonio Gates-like upside if he can develop to his full potential. Thomas was making plays every day in training camp, yet he really didn't have a clue what he was doing. Imagine what he'll be when he finally "gets it." Thomas will begin the season splitting first-team reps with Daniel Fells, but I see him emerging late in the season the same way Saints TE Jimmy Graham did last year. Thomas creates mismatches every time he's on the field and I would pick him up. Gronkowski is talented, but I expect the Patriots to use TE Aaron Hernandez more this year. Thomas is trending up, Gronkowski is trending down, so pick up the Broncos' rookie and cheer for "Orange Julius" every Sunday.

So no, he didn't call him a hall of famer, but his analysis of players that he latches on to are so far over the top that it gets ridiculous.

chazoe60
08-28-2012, 05:10 PM

I'm with MO on this one. Is Moreno producing as the 12th pick in the draft should? No. But his draft placement is not his fault. I think he's a good complimentary back. He can block well, catches well out of the backfield, and when he gets some room he makes some good runs. He struggles mightily in cramped quarters and isn't very good up the middle but that doesn't mean he's worthless.

I love how feisty he can be at times. That stiff arm he threw last week was awesome. Who wasn't excited by that play?

turftoad
08-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Here's an fantasy article from last year before the season where Lammey was talking about Thomas.

So no, he didn't call him a hall of famer, but his analysis of players that he latches on to are so far over the top that it gets ridiculous.

Well....... Lammey is a Bronco fan. Sometimes he has his Orange tinted glasses on as much as we do.

Dzone
08-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Should we keep Brooking? Hopefully he plays on Thursday.
Will have to keep 9 Olineman instead of 8 to keep Kuper
Knowshon apparently made some good plays in practice today.

Jsteve01
08-28-2012, 07:57 PM
I've been a knowshon apologist for years. The long and the short of it is that he is hesitant to the hole and he can't stay on the field. I'd be willing to give JJ a shot because he is more explosive and at this point Ball looks to provide as much as a receiver and blocker as Kno Mo

Dzone
08-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Keep Knowshon. He shows enough flashes that we should keep him until he breaks a wheel. Then have JJ on speed dial. If Knowshon ever lasts a season, that would be a miracle.

Northman
08-28-2012, 08:51 PM
But his draft placement is not his fault.

Whether its his fault or not is irrelevant. Every player who gets drafted in the first round has high expectations because they are projected to be so. Luckily (and thankfully) guaranteed money to those 1st rounders has been softened but it didnt stop KnowMo from wanting and receiving his money now did it? At the end of the day he was paid to play at a certain level, he has failed in that regard. Is he serviceable? Yea, if he can stay on the field long enough. But i think the general point being made here is for all the things that KnowMo can do so can a guy like JJ who i think is far hungier to prove himself than Moreno is at this point.

MOtorboat
08-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Whether its his fault or not is irrelevant. Every player who gets drafted in the first round has high expectations because they are projected to be so. Luckily (and thankfully) guaranteed money to those 1st rounders has been softened but it didnt stop KnowMo from wanting and receiving his money now did it? At the end of the day he was paid to play at a certain level, he has failed in that regard. Is he serviceable? Yea, if he can stay on the field long enough. But i think the general point being made here is for all the things that KnowMo can do so can a guy like JJ who i think is far hungier to prove himself than Moreno is at this point.

I think fans put those expectations on players, not necessarily coaches. Coaches play the best players, no matter when or where they were taken. Moreno will play because he's flat out better than any of the other folk heroes on the team, including Ball or Johnson.

Jsteve01
08-28-2012, 09:17 PM
I think fans put those expectations on players, not necessarily coaches. Coaches play the best players, no matter when or where they were taken. Moreno will play because he's flat out better than any of the other folk heroes on the team, including Ball or Johnson.

Question Mo, was is Kno Mo better than Willis? Because the McCoy and Studesville seemed to think so coming out of camp last year even though every camp report I read stated that Moreno didn't look nearly as good as McGahee. If not then I think the questions posed as to whether a JJ or Hillman is more valuable than Knowshon are valid.

MOtorboat
08-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Question Mo, was is Kno Mo better than Willis? Because the McCoy and Studesville seemed to think so coming out of camp last year even though every camp report I read stated that Moreno didn't look nearly as good as McGahee. If not then I think the questions posed as to whether a JJ or Hillman is more valuable than Knowshon are valid.

Hillman, possibly, but not Johnson or Ball. They don't have 2500 all purpose yards and 31 touchdowns.

Were they right for starting Moreno? I don't know, he got injured and McGahee got better. The fact that people continue to harp that Ball and Johnson should get time over Moreno is just laughable. It's based on the first-round bias, and basic stupidity.

chazoe60
08-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Hillman, possibly, but not Johnson or Ball. They don't have 2500 all purpose yards and 31 touchdowns.

Were they right for starting Moreno? I don't know, he got injured and McGahee got better. The fact that people continue to harp that Ball and Johnson should get time over Moreno is just laughable. It's based on the first-round bias, and basic stupidity.

I actually think Ball should be the #2 but that Moreno should get more carries. Doesn't make sense I know. I'll try to explain.

I like Ball as a backup to Willis if Willis goes down, but I think Knowshon should be the compliment to Willis. If Willis goes down I don't want Kno's job to change.

One reason I like Ball is because he's a dependable backup IMHO. He's not flashy but he does everything well, nothing great but everything well. That's what you want in your backup. He can handle a big workload if he has to. Yes production would go down but he could still give you something for 20+ carries if the starter goes down. Kno on the other hand is not capable of being a workhorse type IMHO. Kno is better with 10-15 total touches a game and just make those touches in open space as much as possible. He would struggle trying to be a true #1 RB.

That's my theory anyway.

Northman
08-29-2012, 04:36 AM

To a degree yes, when they go into training camp any given year there is always evaluations. But, there is expectations from the coaches dont kid yourself. Its the whole reason why they draft the players when they do and so on. If the draft meant so little then it wouldnt matter when they drafted said players. A guy like Andrew Luck wouldnt be as highly coveted or the Skins wouldnt of traded up to get a guy like RGIII. Yes, draft status does matter and the expectations that come with it.

sneakers
08-29-2012, 05:03 AM

although the pass did end up going towards an eligable reciever, and the refs blew it, and should have called pass interference on the defense

rrhRZ0EcpRs

Jsteve01
08-29-2012, 07:03 AM
Not ball. Jj. Our backups on the line are so horrid that it makes talent assessment almost impossible with our reserve skill players. Case in point. Look at how much better hanie looked with the ones this week. I would like to see jj in a similar role to knowshon with the 1s. I think he brings more speed vision and balqnce but not as much receiving/passpro

Canmore
08-30-2012, 06:14 AM
He does suck, but not for the reasons you might think. Moreno does have marginal talent when on the field. My issue with him is that he's not on the field much. He can't stay on the field because he's either injured, not well conditioned or has a breathing problem we aren't aware of. How many times have you seen him pull himself out of games after a few plays gasping for air? Constant hamstring injuries. Can't fault him for his last injury. Having said that, he's been 3-4 years in the league and he has yet to play an entire season.

I had such high hopes for him after watching his games here in GA. Time to move on.....

He can't stay healthy, for whatever reason. It's a shame. Probably time to be considering another direction... Hillman.

Jsteve01
08-30-2012, 08:49 AM
He can't stay healthy, for whatever reason. It's a shame. Probably time to be considering another direction... Hillman.

who btw has been hurt most of camp as well lol. It's why I keep saying I would love to have another big road grader on the team. Turbin would have been ideal and could have been had later. Don't get me wrong, I think Hillman has long term potential, but I'm still of the opinion that unless you have the option to draft an Adrian Peterson who has it all, I'd much rather have a steady back who can move the chains.

Canmore
08-30-2012, 08:52 AM
who btw has been hurt most of camp as well lol. It's why I keep saying I would love to have another big road grader on the team. Turbin would have been ideal and could have been had later. Don't get me wrong, I think Hillman has long term potential, but I'm still of the opinion that unless you have the option to draft an Adrian Peterson who has it all, I'd much rather have a steady back who can move the chains.

I hear you. I love a chain mover.

Yes, Hillman has been out. I would like to think this hamstring problem is finished.

tomjonesrocks
08-30-2012, 11:29 AM
I hope Hillman wasn't 100 percent last game. He didn't look nearly as quick as advertised. Sproles comparisons? If Hillman is Sproles Moreno is CK2K from what he showed so far.

Doesn't mean he won't be productive but he did not look fast to me.

pnbronco
08-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Hillman was not 100% at the game. In fact at camp I would see someone out of the corner of my eye and think who the heck is that? I don't know about the comparisons to Sproles, but he has a lot more burst that what I saw at the game.

I really hate tomorrow, no surprises on Monday except for Paxton. The next cut could be guys that I am very found of......sigh.

pnbronco
08-31-2012, 10:17 AM
A tweet from Adam Schefter:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Busy day ahead: All NFL teams must have their rosters cut down to a maximum of 53 players by 9 ET on Friday

I really, really hate this day.

Chef Zambini
08-31-2012, 11:53 AM
moreno out hillman in.

haine, a wasted roster spot and a speed bump to the development of the other QBs.

Northman
08-31-2012, 12:06 PM
I dont think Moreno will go anywhere. Just too much more invested in him than guys like JJ, etc.

MOtorboat
08-31-2012, 12:13 PM
Moreno isn't getting cut. Or going on the PUP.

topscribe
08-31-2012, 12:19 PM
moreno out hillman in.

haine, a wasted roster spot and a speed bump to the development of the other QBs.

Don't agree about Moreno. I think they're both in. But I don't know why they
would hang onto Hanie. To me, it doesn't make a bit of difference whom
they have behind Peyton. If Peyton goes down, all championship aspirations
will be put on ice, anyway. So why take up a roster space by keeping a QB
who will make no more difference in the final results than Osweiler, who
could use the experience in such a case?

I dont think Moreno will go anywhere. Just too much more invested in him than guys like JJ, etc.
If Moreno can stay healthy (for a first), he has the talent to show why he
should have been a first day pick -- although not #12 overall, of course. He
has shown flashes of that the last two games, as you know. There might have
been concerns about that backfield, but if they stay healthy, that is one solid
RB corps, IMO.

topscribe
08-31-2012, 12:25 PM
I hope Hillman wasn't 100 percent last game. He didn't look nearly as quick as advertised. Sproles comparisons? If Hillman is Sproles Moreno is CK2K from what he showed so far.

Doesn't mean he won't be productive but he did not look fast to me.

Hillman was not 100% at the game. In fact at camp I would see someone out of the corner of my eye and think who the heck is that? I don't know about the comparisons to Sproles, but he has a lot more burst that what I saw at the game.

I really hate tomorrow, no surprises on Monday except for Paxton. The next cut could be guys that I am very found of......sigh.
Hillman said in an interview that he wasn't yet 100%, that he didn't have that "sixth gear," as he put it . . .

Northman
08-31-2012, 12:27 PM
If Moreno can stay healthy (for a first), he has the talent to show why he
should have been a first day pick -- although not #12 overall, of course. He
has shown flashes of that the last two games, as you know. There might have
been concerns about that backfield, but if they stay healthy, that is one solid
RB corps, IMO.

I dont see him lasting the entire year without being injured. He just cant seem to stay on the field but if he can stay healthy he is a weapon out of the backfield and thats where they should utilize him. Hopefully he's worked on hanging onto the ball as well as that is an issue with him.

Davii
08-31-2012, 12:43 PM
If I were exec VP Hanie would be first to get the Axe. Honestly, does anyone feel secure that he can win games in Manning's absence? If not, why keep him?

Northman
08-31-2012, 12:44 PM
If I were exec VP Hanie would be first to get the Axe. Honestly, does anyone feel secure that he can win games in Manning's absence? If not, why keep him?

I dont. I understand the Vet philosophy but i dont think he has necessarily outperformed Oz or Weber.

Davii
08-31-2012, 12:55 PM
I dont. I understand the Vet philosophy but i dont think he has necessarily outperformed Oz or Weber.

Even if he had, I still don't see the point unless we feel confident in his ability to win games. If Manning misses three games and we lose all three, did it matter if it was Hanie or Mickey Mouse at qb?

I say this only because there are roster spots that CAN significantly contribute that might get shorted in order to keep Hanie.

Ravage!!!
08-31-2012, 01:25 PM
Even if he had, I still don't see the point unless we feel confident in his ability to win games. If Manning misses three games and we lose all three, did it matter if it was Hanie or Mickey Mouse at qb?

I say this only because there are roster spots that CAN significantly contribute that might get shorted in order to keep Hanie.

Well, if he HAD outperformed the other guys, then I want the Broncos to put the best player on the field... not just a "we are going to lose anyway" mentality.

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 01:27 PM

I personally would rather get Osweiler some live experience then have Haine lose us those 3 games.

Jsteve01
08-31-2012, 01:50 PM
people act like Hanie has been horrid this offseason. Has anyone else noticed how horrid our o line is? I still don't get the hate for him. He is an athletic back up type. Right now I feel he would give us a better chance to win one or two than Oz.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2012, 03:01 PM

Because of Broncos extremely late road game and travel last night, cuts coming later than east coast teams. Many players not notified yet.

Northman
08-31-2012, 03:08 PM
Well, if he HAD outperformed the other guys, then I want the Broncos to put the best player on the field... not just a "we are going to lose anyway" mentality.

Well, i dont think its the "just lose mentality" to which they would apply it. I think they would look at it exactly the same way they did with Tebow. Get the guys experience and see what they can do. Even with Tim's limitations we were able to have a somewhat special season. Does anyone really think that Orton would of done that? I dont. Which is why having Hanie there really doesnt do much. I see Steve has pointed to the Oline yet both Brock and Weber were playing with the same or worse by the time they played this preseason. The real question is how would the 3 perform with the starters? My answer is i dont think Hanie would be that much better than those guys base on what ive seen Hanie do.

Hawgdriver
08-31-2012, 03:40 PM
people act like Hanie has been horrid this offseason. Has anyone else noticed how horrid our o line is? I still don't get the hate for him. He is an athletic back up type. Right now I feel he would give us a better chance to win one or two than Oz.

I think the point is that under Plan A, the PFM -->> Superbowl victory plan, the Broncos would benefit the most from using Hanie's deadweight spot toward depth that would enable Plan A.

Plan B, there is no Plan B.

nevcraw
08-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Hoyer was cut NE -- > Haine -- go get now..

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 04:47 PM
deadline is looming....have not heard too much....a handful of cuts

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 04:52 PM
Move 1.....

Jermey beal to IR

First roster move for #Broncos announced: Jeremy Beal to IR with knee sprain.

silkamilkamonico
08-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Did beal hurt it last night?

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 05:07 PM
Did beal hurt it last night?

apparently so...I did not know that till today though.

Ziggy
08-31-2012, 05:10 PM
Move 1.....

Jermey beal to IR

First roster move for #Broncos announced: Jeremy Beal to IR with knee sprain.

That's the first time I've ever heard of a player going to IR for a knee sprain. I wonder if they're planning on taking advantage of the new IR rule with him.

Dzone
08-31-2012, 05:11 PM
Well, that helps, in a crappy kind of way. At least we dont have to expose him to waivers and we can for sure keep Jackson now, no problem. I think Beal could have contributed this year. Isnt there a new rule that allows the team to take one player off IR after 6 weeks?

pnbronco
08-31-2012, 05:11 PM
Neither did any one else from what I'm reading. I like Beal and keeping him around is not a bad thing. He just can't practice for the year which is the down side.

pnbronco
08-31-2012, 05:13 PM
That's the first time I've ever heard of a player going to IR for a knee sprain. I wonder if they're planning on taking advantage of the new IR rule with him.

They could but since it's a once a season thing I believe I think they may want to hold off.....

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 05:16 PM
I think he could have taken a cut...Unrein has been better.

Ziggy
08-31-2012, 05:23 PM
I think he could have taken a cut...Unrein has been better.

Unrein is a DT only. Beal is a DE only. The front office seems to be putting more emphasis on guys that can play both. Wolfe, Jackson, and Ayers are all versatile enough to play both positions. Looks like our DLineman might look something like this:
DE- Doom, Wolfe, Ayers, Jackson
DT- Warren, Vick, Bannan, Unrein

With the versatility of some of our DE's, Unrein or Bannan could be a surprise cut if the Broncos only want to keep 7 lineman.

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Unrein is a DT only. Beal is a DE only. The front office seems to be putting more emphasis on guys that can play both. Wolfe, Jackson, and Ayers are all versatile enough to play both positions. Looks like our DLineman might look something like this:
DE- Doom, Wolfe, Ayers, Jackson
DT- Warren, Vick, Bannan, Unrein

I was referring to DL in general....Beal has never really stood out to me. jackson/wolfe/warren have so far. Ayers is there, Doom has been quite and held a lot. I think Del Rio is going for some huge bodies at DT and then versatile DE/DTs and then pass rushing DEs. But I want a group like the giants.....hardcore depth.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2012, 05:29 PM

Broncos have waived QB Adam Weber. If he clears waivers, likely to return on practice squad. #broncos

Northman
08-31-2012, 05:32 PM
I wonder if someone will pick him up. But with Kafka and Hoyer out there already who knows.

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 05:33 PM

#Broncos have also waived rookie guard Wayne Tribue.

Ziggy
08-31-2012, 05:36 PM
I'd love to see Weber signed to the practice squad and Hanie waived. That would still leave us 3 QB's, and open a roster spot for another player.

Ziggy
08-31-2012, 05:40 PM
Elway holding a press conference at 5pm to announce cuts.

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 05:55 PM
RT @GazetteAirForce: According to a source, the Broncos have released DL Ben Garland. He could be brought back to the practice squad.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2012, 05:57 PM

Our good buddy @GazetteAirForce says Ben Garland has been released. Best case scenario for him is coming back on practice squad.

In the least shocking news I've heard all day, Elway's press conference pushed back. Maybe 5:30?

Dzone
08-31-2012, 06:01 PM
Nothing too surprising so far. Looks like they arent going to announce the cuts all at once. Maybe Elways going to announce them himself

Northman
08-31-2012, 06:02 PM
Wonder if they are waiting as long as they can to see who has been cut around the league. Might help them make some easier choices.

MOtorboat
08-31-2012, 06:06 PM
RT @GazetteAirForce: According to a source, the Broncos have released DL Ben Garland. He could be brought back to the practice squad.

Damn.

iLands
08-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Anyone have a link to the source for Elway's press conference when it hits?

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 06:15 PM
soooo tempted to mess with people in this thread.......I can be such an ass

MOtorboat
08-31-2012, 06:16 PM
Anyone have a link to the source for Elway's press conference when it hits?

Lindsey Jones' twitter feed.

Northman
08-31-2012, 06:17 PM
Tebow got cut.

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 06:17 PM
Tebow got cut.

i had a similar idea

Northman
08-31-2012, 06:19 PM
Sorry NT, didnt mean to steal your thunder. lol

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 06:20 PM
Sorry NT, didnt mean to steal your thunder. lol

lol.....long wait right now for this damn final roster

Timmy!
08-31-2012, 06:23 PM
My sources tell me the broncos will cut some players today. Just thought id share with u guys.

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 06:35 PM
Broncos RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLDEN

RT @ProFootballTalk: Broncos release CB Drayton Florence.

DID NOT SEE THAT COMING

Northman
08-31-2012, 06:38 PM
I did actually. He was getting destroyed from what i saw.

iLands
08-31-2012, 06:38 PM
Drayton released

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 06:39 PM
harris showed is he something beating out Drayton.

MOtorboat
08-31-2012, 06:41 PM
harris showed is he something beating out Drayton.

I would assume they want to keep Bolden too.

Canmore
08-31-2012, 06:43 PM

RT @ProFootballTalk: Broncos release CB Drayton Florence.

DID NOT SEE THAT COMING

I didn't see that either, but I guess I should have. He did not play well in preseason from what I saw. In hind sight, I guess it is no surprise.

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 06:43 PM
I would assume they want to keep Bolden too.

I do believe his return last night sealed his roster spot. But that leaves a spot for a another DB in general so Bruton maybe.

dogfish
08-31-2012, 06:44 PM
soooo tempted to mess with people in this thread.......I can be such an ass

please don't-- that stuff is way juvenile, painfully unoriginal, and really just not funny. . .

plus, it'll piss off pola, and that's not acceptable behavior 'round these parts. . .

:salute:

silkamilkamonico
08-31-2012, 06:45 PM
Good - 2 guys i wanted cut already released. Now just cut Balls.

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 06:46 PM
please don't-- that stuff is way juvenile, painfully unoriginal, and really just not funny. . .

plus, it'll piss off pola, and that's not acceptable behavior 'round these parts. . .

I said tempted but as you can see I did not do it.

NightTerror218

BREAKING!!! RT @RenKnowItAll: Peyton Manning is still on the #Broncos roster and it appears he will make the final cut. #NFL

lmao

MileHighCrew
1mLindsay Jones‏@PostBroncos

BREAKING!!! RT @RenKnowItAll: Peyton Manning is still on the #Broncos roster and it appears he will make the final cut. #NFL

Damn night terror beat me

Timmy!
08-31-2012, 06:47 PM
Florence looked like crap, plus i think we keep 5 safetys (moore, carter, bruton, adams, leonard). Maybe only 4 cbs? Champ, porter, harris, bolden?

Ziggy
08-31-2012, 06:47 PM
Bolden had a spot before Florence got cut. Tony Carter may sneak onto the roster now.

pnbronco
08-31-2012, 06:49 PM

Dog you are so sweet....it's OK. Webb was my first heart break and now all I can hope is PS, going to be a long 24 or so hours. It's just a tough day when you have gotten to know players and know that this could the end of a life long dream. Best case that they could move on which is a good thing but I won't see them again which still makes a little sad.

Timmy!
08-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Bolden had a spot before Florence got cut. Tony Carter may sneak onto the roster now. probably him or squid.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2012, 06:50 PM
Teams have until 9 p.m. ET Friday to reduce their rosters to 53 players. Below are the player cuts made so far:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000056652/article/nfl-roster-cuts-tim-hightower-among-notable-releases?module=HP11_headline_stack

Anybody see a player(s) on this "so far list", which the Broncos might be looking at?

Buff
08-31-2012, 06:53 PM
If this is going to be the official cut thread, can Carol or one of the mods please update all of the cuts in the OP?

My lazy ass thanks you in advance.

MOtorboat
08-31-2012, 06:54 PM
If this is going to be the official cut thread, can Carol or one of the mods please update all of the cuts in the OP?

Maybe you could just pay attention.

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 06:55 PM

John Elway cites Hanie's experience, but said Osweiler "had a good camp ... at this point in time, we decided to go with 3 QBs."

**** YOU HAINE

Buff
08-31-2012, 06:55 PM
Maybe you could just pay attention.

Nope, that's not an option.

topscribe
08-31-2012, 06:57 PM
I don't know if you guys know it, but you've been scooping the DP . . .

NightTerror218

All 7 Broncos draft picks are on the 53 man roster.

Tned
Not sure if this has been posted. I'm in my car, so haven't checked. Here are the released players:

Jamie Blatnick
DE

Rafael Bush
FS

Drayton Florence
CB

Jerry Franklin
SLB

Ben Garland
DT

Adam Grant
G

Ryan Harris
T

Jason Hill
WR

Tony Hills
G

Duke Ihenacho
SS

Cornelius Ingram
TE

Jeremiah Johnson
RB

Mike Mohamed
MLB

Greg Orton
WR

Gerell Robinson
WR

Sealver Siliga
NT

Syd'Quan Thompson
CB

Wayne Tribue
G

Adam Weber
QB

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 06:58 PM

LB Steve Johnson made roster. Elway said initially biggest role is on special teams.

WOOT

chazoe60

John Elway cites Hanie's experience, but said Osweiler "had a good camp ... at this point in time, we decided to go with 3 QBs."

**** YOU HAINE

What is with the irrational Hanie hate? Holy shit people, he was by far our second best QB this preseason and the only guy on the roster that can win games if Peyton goes down.

The way some fans think of backups is insane. There's a reason they're backups people.

NightTerror218

Brooking and Leonhard both made roster. With Brooking, Elway said they were going on "reputation." "We think he'll be able to help us."

Elway said Tony Carter "played better" than Drayton Florence. "Tony is a guy that we felt was a better football player."

Tned
08-31-2012, 06:59 PM
In addition, Jeremy Beal was put on injured reserve, and DJ and Virgil Green put on the reserve/suspended list.

NightTerror218
What is with the irrational Hanie hate? Holy shit people, he was by far our second best QB this preseason and the only guy on the roster that can win games if Peyton goes down.

The way some fans think of backups is insane. There's a reason they're backups people.

I think he is worse then Oz....but I would rather have Oz get experience has the QB of the future then a backup.

Northman
I don't know if you guys know it, but you've been scooping the DP . . .

?

You lost me.

MileHighCrew
Not sure if this has been posted. I'm in my car, so haven't checked. Here are the released players:

Jamie Blatnick
DE

Rafael Bush
FS

Drayton Florence
CB

Jerry Franklin
SLB

Ben Garland
DT

Adam Grant
G

Ryan Harris
T

Jason Hill
WR

Tony Hills
G

Duke Ihenacho
SS

Cornelius Ingram
TE

Jeremiah Johnson
RB

Mike Mohamed
MLB

Greg Orton
WR

Gerell Robinson
WR

Sealver Siliga
NT

Syd'Quan Thompson
CB

Wayne Tribue
G

Adam Weber
QB

wow I was hoping some of them made it. Harris and JJ stand out to me

Denver Native (Carol)

#Broncos opted to keep an extra interior OL (CJ Davis) instead of OT (Ryan Harris released)

LB Steve Johnson made roster. Elway said initially biggest role is on special teams.

Brooking and Leonhard both made roster. With Brooking, Elway said they were going on "reputation." "We think he'll be able to help us."

Elway on roster: "It's fluid, we'll have to see what happens."

Elway: Decisions were tougher this year than last year.

All 7 Broncos draft picks are on the 53 man roster.

John Elway presser underway. Elway said he thought both Hanie + Osweiler had good camp, worth keeping.

Caleb Hanie made the roster. Broncos kept 3 QBs

Northman
08-31-2012, 07:00 PM

Relax tough guy.

Northman
08-31-2012, 07:01 PM
Ouch, JJ and Syd gone.

NightTerror218

Jamie Blatnick
DE

Rafael Bush
FS

Drayton Florence
CB

Jerry Franklin
SLB

Ben Garland
DT

Adam Grant
G

Ryan Harris
T

Jason Hill
WR

Tony Hills
G

Duke Ihenacho
SS

Cornelius Ingram
TE

Jeremiah Johnson
RB

Mike Mohamed
MLB

Greg Orton
WR

Gerell Robinson
WR

Sealver Siliga
NT

Syd'Quan Thompson
CB

Wayne Tribue
G

Adam Weber
QB

Was hoping Muhomad would come around and Thompson would be a returner but it happens. how many go to practice quad though....

topscribe
IMO, the Broncos are wasting a roster spot by keeping Hanie . . .

Northman
08-31-2012, 07:02 PM
IMO, the Broncos are wasting a roster spot by keeping Hanie . . .

Same here. But it is just an opinion. I dont want Chaz to have another meltdown. lmao

Denver Native (Carol)

#Broncos kept 5 RBs (inc a FB), 5 safeties, 5 corners, 7 LBs, 8 OL

Elway said Beal's knee injury was more serious than they anticipated last night.

chazoe60
Relax tough guy.

I am both relaxed and tough.

NightTerror218

TE Julius Thomas "is finally getting healthy," Elway said. "We think now that he's physically healthy, he'll continue to get better."

RB Knowshon Moreno "had a great camp," Elway said. Jeremiah Johnson "played well too," but #Broncos were "excited" about Moreno.

last nights game helped Moreno a lot.

Northman
08-31-2012, 07:03 PM
I am both relaxed and tough.

Pfft, your a softy.

Tned
Broncos roster breakdown

3 QBs
5 RBs
5 WRs
3 TEs
9 OLs (3 each C, G, T)

8 DLs (3 DEs, 5 DTs)
10 LBs
5 CBs
5 S
1 each kicker/punter/Long Snapper

HORSEPOWER 56

IMO, he really wasn't. The only time Hanie looked serviceable was when he got to play with the starters. When he played with the scrubs like Oz and Weber did, he was pathetic... much worse than they were. Hanie scored ZERO points in the first half yesterday playing with the second string. Both Oz and Weber put points on the board.

I'd be willing to bet a paycheck that Weber would've done much better than Hanie had he gotten to play behind the starting O-line and thrown to Decker, Dreessen and Tamme.

MOtorboat
08-31-2012, 07:04 PM

TE Julius Thomas "is finally getting healthy," Elway said. "We think now that he's physically healthy, he'll continue to get better."

RB Knowshon Moreno "had a great camp," Elway said. Jeremiah Johnson "played well too," but #Broncos were "excited" about Moreno.

last nights game helped Moreno a lot.

I doubt last night's game is why Moreno made the team.

He's a better player, BY FAR, than Johnson.

pnbronco
08-31-2012, 07:04 PM
Wooo Hooo Steve Johnson & Tony Carter are both still here. If Weber can make PS I'm in heaven. If he gets picked up somewhere else I can only be happy for him. Man I hate this day my stomach really hurts.

Man Tned great job....also to everyone else that has been posting the info...thank you so much!

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 07:05 PM

it helped I said, not the reason why. Moreno has injury issues. He was running really well last night. He was running like he had something to prove.

MOtorboat
08-31-2012, 07:05 PM
Broncos roster breakdown

3 QBs
5 RBs
5 WRs
3 TEs
9 OLs (3 each C, G, T)

8 DLs (3 DEs, 5 DTs)
10 LBs
5 CBs
5 S
1 each kicker/punter/Long Snapper

I'm assuming that one of the DT's is Wolfe, who will be a DT/DE?

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 07:06 PM
I am glad to see Orange Julius still on the team. I have high hopes for him as long as he can stay healthy.

silkamilkamonico
Virgil greeen suspended/reserved list? What up with that? Dude looked good in the games..

MOtorboat
it helped I said, not the reason why. Moreno has injury issues. He was running really well last night. He was running like he had something to prove.

Honestly, coaches don't pay much attention to preseason games.

MOtorboat
Virgil greeen suspended/reserved list? What up with that? Dude looked good in the games..

He's suspended.

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 07:08 PM
Honestly, coaches don't pay much attention to preseason games.

then how do they make cuts from 90 to 53 with new players and rookies? Why is Florence gone when he got a nice size contract? Preseason is a time to evaluate players. They pay attention.

chazoe60

Silk with the brain fart of the day. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

MOtorboat
then how do they make cuts from 90 to 53 with new players and rookies? Why is Florence gone when he got a nice size contract? Preseason is a time to evaluate players. They pay attention.

They have this thing called practice.

Northman

He's probably had more opportunities as well. But, i like Moreno as a 3rd down back so i cant complain. But if he starts trying to crawl up the Oline's ass again im going to be pretty vocal about it. Just you wait midget boy. :coffee::D

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 07:09 PM
They have this thing called practice.

much different then a live action game

Canmore

I agree with the basic thought. If Manning were to miss a couple of games, I feel a lot better about Hanie than I do Osweiler. A year from now I hope I don't feel the same way. I guess that goes without saying.

NightTerror218
He's probably had more opportunities as well. But, i like Moreno as a 3rd down back so i cant complain. But if he starts trying to crawl up the Oline's ass again im going to be pretty vocal about it. Just you wait midget boy. :coffee::D

I think he can be an awesome 3rd down back. I did not think he would be released at all.

MileHighCrew
08-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Lindsay Jones‏@PostBroncos

Elway: "Everything is fluid. The only guy that's set is 18. ... If we have chance to get better on waiver wire, we will."

ummm I think 58 is pretty secure

Timmy!
Zam is going to fly off the handle with moreno and hanie both here.....and that champ made the team as a cb.

MOtorboat

If he continues to get hit two yards behind the line of scrimmage, it's the offensive line's fault, not his.

And he has more opportunities because he's better. Period.

Tned
I'm assuming that one of the DT's is Wolfe, who will be a DT/DE?

They have Wolfe, Doom & Ayers listed as DE, Warren, Vickerson & Jackson as DT and Unrein & Bannan as NT.

pnbronco

The ADA meds he was taking had something in it that was on the "get in trouble" list. So he suspended for several games, can't remember the # right now.

MOtorboat
08-31-2012, 07:11 PM
They have Wolfe, Doom & Ayers listed as DE, Warren, Vickerson & Jackson as DT and Unrein & Bannan as NT.

Interesting. Because of the Hunter injury, I guess. I'm still blown away that Wolfe is a DE in a 4-3 after they asked him to bulk up over 300 pounds.

topscribe
08-31-2012, 07:11 PM
Lindsay Jones‏@PostBroncos

Elway: "Everything is fluid. The only guy that's set is 18. ... If we have chance to get better on waiver wire, we will."

ummm I think 58 is pretty secure
As well as 24.

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 07:12 PM

did they release the depth chart also?

chazoe60
08-31-2012, 07:12 PM
The ADA meds he was taking had something in it that was on the "get in trouble" list. So he suspended for several games, can't remember the # right now.

I believe it started as 4 Pola, but was then reduced to 2. Shouldn't have been any IMHO.

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 07:13 PM

My takeaway from Elway's presser: This 53 isn't set. They will put in waiver claims, look at the new FAs.

I think OL depth could get shaken up. Maybe bring in a safety/MLB/WR for depth.

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 07:14 PM
Interesting. Because of the Hunter injury, I guess. I'm still blown away that Wolfe is a DE in a 4-3 after they asked him to bulk up over 300 pounds.

I think wolfe will be DE on most downs and more to DT on passing downs. Keep the "big fatties" in the middle to clog the works. I like the idea of Wolfe oposite of Doom, but I was hoping he could be a beast of a UT.

Tned
08-31-2012, 07:15 PM
did they release the depth chart also?

Not that I've seen, only the full roster, and breakdown by position.

Northman
08-31-2012, 07:16 PM
I think he can be an awesome 3rd down back. I did not think he would be released at all.

Nor I. He was a 1st rounder afterall. Not many teams will just a guy taken that early without knowing for sure.

MOtorboat
08-31-2012, 07:16 PM
I think wolfe will be DE on most downs and more to DT on passing downs. Keep the "big fatties" in the middle to clog the works. I like the idea of Wolfe oposite of Doom, but I was hoping he could be a beast of a UT.

With Del Rio it's more likely to be a pretty straight up 4-3, so UT isn't necessarily a position they're looking for line penetration from.

I knew this would change, but, I didn't think they'd move Wolfe outside, necessarily.

Dzone
08-31-2012, 07:17 PM
theres some decent players on that list.

NightTerror218
Nor I. He was a 1st rounder afterall. Not many teams will just a guy taken that early without knowing for sure.

If he has a good healthy season I could see Ball getting the boot and him getting more carries but hillman will still be ahead of him for now.

Denver Native (Carol)

#Broncos have No. 25 priority (out of 32 teams) in the waiver order, by the way.

My takeaway from Elway's presser: This 53 isn't set. They will put in waiver claims, look at the new FAs.

Northman
If he continues to get hit two yards behind the line of scrimmage, it's the offensive line's fault, not his.

And he has more opportunities because he's better. Period.

Not from what i saw (in terms of getting hit behind the line), Ive seen him run right up into the Oline without a defender touching him. :lol:

pnbronco
08-31-2012, 07:20 PM
I believe it started as 4 Pola, but was then reduced to 2. Shouldn't have been any IMHO.

Me neither Chaz.... he was taking something that is for a real medical condition. He took as well as a person could and took total responsibility that he should have checked more into it. I actually respect him more because of the way he handled the entire thing.

iLands
08-31-2012, 07:20 PM
I hope GRob#10 makes it to the practice squad =[

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 07:21 PM
so far I have not seen any huge names stand out to me as possible waiver wire players. I would take Hightower over Ball though.

MileHighCrew
08-31-2012, 07:23 PM
so far I have not seen any huge names stand out to me as possible waiver wire players. I would take Hightower over Ball though.

with his bum knee? depends how bad it is

NightTerror218
08-31-2012, 07:25 PM
so when the "suspended" players come back....they need to release someone. So when Virgil Green comes back who goes. I think Ball might.

MileHighCrew
08-31-2012, 07:27 PM
so when the "suspended" players come back....they need to release someone. So when Virgil Green comes back who goes. I think Ball might.

If moreno runs like he has in the ps you might be right

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2012, 07:29 PM
Update on NFL roster cuts:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000056652/article/nfl-roster-cuts-tim-hightower-among-notable-releases?module=HP11_headline_stack

Rick
08-31-2012, 07:50 PM
DL seems pretty solid right now but i wouldn't mind them giving Amobi Okoye a look, he was cut by Tampa. I wish we had claimed him last year when we had the chance. not a star but good depth guy that can provide a little pass rush.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-31-2012, 08:19 PM
DL seems pretty solid right now but i wouldn't mind them giving Amobi Okoye a look, he was cut by Tampa. I wish we had claimed him last year when we had the chance. not a star but good depth guy that can provide a little pass rush.

He was snatched up and immediately re-signed by Chicago when Tampa cut him.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2012, 08:25 PM
Latest update - NFL roster cuts:

Northman
08-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Hold up? What?

Patriots Cuts,

LB Niko Koutouvides (http://www.nfl.com/player/nikokoutouvides/2505914/profile)

What is the story here? This guy was a baller for them last year.

Northman
08-31-2012, 08:35 PM
Nah, wrong guy. I was thinking Ninkovich.

tomjonesrocks
08-31-2012, 08:38 PM
No surprises to me except maybe JJ and Ryan Harris. Too bad Florence didn't have anything left--he looked terrible.

Rick
08-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Ryan Harris is a big surprise to me. He use to be a fairly good OT for us before his injuries.

How far do you have to fall to go from that to not making the team when one of the spots we have the least amount of quality depth at is OL...

tomjonesrocks
08-31-2012, 08:43 PM
Ryan Harris is a big surprise to me. He use to be a fairly good OT for us before his injuries.

How far do you have to fall to go from that to not making the team when one of the spots we have the least amount of quality depth at is OL...

I remember being really disappointed Denver didn't resign him then drafted Franklin. Guess injuries took their toll.

sneakers
08-31-2012, 09:02 PM
**** You Hinie!

sneakers
08-31-2012, 09:03 PM
Hold up? What?

Patriots Cuts,

LB Niko Koutouvides (http://www.nfl.com/player/nikokoutouvides/2505914/profile)

What is the story here? This guy was a baller for them last year.

Is this the guy from GTA IV?

summit pass
08-31-2012, 09:22 PM
Whats with Terrance Ganaway, I know he was the only jet to score a TD. He was waived, might be worth a looksy.

underrated29
08-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Is this the guy from GTA IV?

That is our ex MLB from shannys era

scott.475
08-31-2012, 09:43 PM

Because every time McJerkMcChildMcIHateHimSoMuch looked at him, he couldn't thinking of him as a Bronco, which made him think of all he had and lost. Instead of punching him the face because he had "Bronco taint", he made Beli cut him. Even being on defense wasn't enough distance for Mc...

scott.475
08-31-2012, 09:46 PM
We are so screwed in Manning goes down. My gosh, Hanie ?!?!?!

pnbronco
08-31-2012, 10:06 PM

I know....I didn't even know he was still in the League. Boy that is a name from the past....we use to joke around a lot.

Softskull
08-31-2012, 10:12 PM
I remember being really disappointed Denver didn't resign him then drafted Franklin. Guess injuries took their toll.

Back injuries are no joke. If you pop a disc or two, I couldnt imagine how you'd try to stop a 330 lb DT. I'm surprised he made it this far.

Dzone
08-31-2012, 10:22 PM
We should have signed Vontaze Burfict. He made the Bengals and is on his way to super stardom. :coffee:

chazoe60
08-31-2012, 10:28 PM
We are so screwed in Manning goes down. My gosh, Hanie ?!?!?!

Yeah we should just sign Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Eli so no matter what we're covered. :rolleyes:

Show me a team that isn't screwed if they're HOF starter goes down.

underrated29
08-31-2012, 10:38 PM
Yeah we should just sign Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Eli so no matter what we're covered. :rolleyes:

You keep talking rationally Chaz and I am going to have beef come probe you.

MOtorboat
08-31-2012, 10:53 PM

The irony, in my eyes, is that the current backup outplayed last year's starter, but last year's starter got really lucky and won the game, and now most of the people who thought last year's quarterback was awesome, hate this year's backup...

chazoe60
08-31-2012, 10:56 PM
The irony, in my eyes, is that the current backup outplayed last year's starter, but last year's starter got really lucky and won the game, and now most of the people who thought last year's quarterback was awesome, hate this year's backup...

I'm somewhere in the middle I guess. I thought Hanie played well considering. The last game was not great, but the SF game and the CHI game were pretty good IMO. I just don't understand all the bashing of the guy. I would get it if he was going into the season as the starter, I'd be worried and grumpy too, but he's the backup. It's as if people expect the backups to be as good as the starters

MOtorboat
08-31-2012, 10:57 PM
I'm somewhere in the middle I guess. I thought Hanie played well considering. The last game was not great, but the SF game and the CHI game were pretty good IMO. I just don't understand all the bashing of the guy. I would get it if he was going into the season as the starter, I'd be worried and grumpy too, but he's the backup. It's as if people expect the backups to be as good as the starters

He's not Tebow. Thus the bitching.

underrated29
08-31-2012, 10:58 PM

Lucky? 7 in a row and playoff against the steelers d......that is the luckiest damn person who has ever existed then.....tis a shame we never had that luck in the two years Orton was here.

Good news is now we don't need any sort of luck because manning is just a straight baller.

chazoe60
08-31-2012, 10:58 PM
He's not Tebow. Thus the bitching.

I don't know that that is fair. I see a lot of people who didn't really like Tebow bitching about Hanie too. It's almost like if we can't bitch about some QB on the team then we're not happy.

scott.475
08-31-2012, 10:59 PM

Oh come on, I wasn't saying that. I know backups wouldn't be backups if they could play, but there are good backups and bad ones, and I just think he is a bad one.

As to your second part...Dallas? Bahahahaha!

MOtorboat
08-31-2012, 11:00 PM
Lucky? 7 in a row and playoff against the steelers d......that is the luckiest damn person who has ever existed then.....tis a shame we never had that luck in the two years Orton was here.

Good news is now we don't need any sort of luck because manning is just a straight baller.

Yeah, it's like we never had a six game winning streak with Orton...

Man, people have short memories...

chazoe60
08-31-2012, 11:01 PM
Can we not turn this thread into that boring old ******* argument please?